First public release of Elevation, SRTM 30m global DEM easy management

I am pleased to announce the first public beta release of Elevation, a tool
for easy access to global terrain digital elevation models, SRTM 30m DEM
and SRTM 90m DEM:

http://elevation.bopen.eu/en/stable/quickstart.html

Development effort is directed to fixing bugs and writing better
documentation before the 1.0 release. Testing and contributions are highly
welcomed and appreciated. Every little help counts, so do not hesitate!

https://github.com/bopen/elevation

User questions are best directed to
https://stackoverflow.com/search?q=python+elevation.

The project is free and open source software distributed under the terms of
the Apache License, Version 2.0. and the development has been sponsored by
my employer B-Open Solutions http://bopen.eu.

Thanks,
Alessandro

--
Alessandro Amici <a.amici@bopen.eu>
CTO at B-Open Solutions - http://www.bopen.eu/

Announce: First Release of Structure101 for Java
Hi, Headway is pleased to announce the release of Structure101 for Java. As the name suggests, Structure101 makes it very easy for users to understand how their software is really constructed (architecture, design, composition, dependencies, ...). If you want to check out Structure101, check out the demos first, http://www.headwaysoftware.com/products/structure101/demos or you can download directly from http://www.headwaysoftware.com/downloads/structure101. Regards, Paul Press release details: http://www.headwaysoftware.com/news ...

First public beta release of !ScanMod
Due to having little time left between now and Wakefield, I thought I'd make a public release of my new module scanning utility !ScanMod, so that peeps can have a play around with it between now and Wakefield - and come along for a chat at the show if they would like to chat about it, offer feedback or have a 'live' demonstration. So, what is ScanMod? A comprehensive module scanner. Something which is capable of scanning your hard drive searching out all module files, irrespective of where they may be hiding, and to compare version numbers so that you can dig out old versions or replace with newer versions. !ScanMod is a new application which will do just this, plus more. It will also check 26/32 bit status of modules, warning you if it finds a 26 bit module installed on a 32 bit machine. It also contains a comprehensive module database, maintained by myself, so if an old module is discovered on your machine, not only will it alert you to the fact, but it will offer notes and/or the relevant website from where you can download and install the latest version. A local database is also maintained, so that you can check any differences in modules that may occur since the last time you used !ScanMod on the same machine. It also contains a 'Find' facility so that you can locate 'lost' modules, and as it contains a database of web links, find the latest version of a particular module for download. More information, and download, is available on my ...

First Public Release of the Multivariate Metamodeling Toolbox
We are proud to announce the first Public Release of the Multivariate Metamodeling Toolbox (M3-Toolbox).  This toolbox provides a variety of pluggable techniques for adaptively building scalable surrogate models (neural networks, SVMs, rational functions,...).   The toolbox is free for non-commercial, personal, academic use.  Feel free to test, use, tune, extend and comment. More information + downloads: http://www.coms.ua.ac.be/?q=m3_toolbox Background ---------- In 2004, research within the COMS group was focused on developing efficient, adaptive and accurate algorithms for polynomial and rational modeling of linear time-invariant (LTI) systems. This work resulted in a set of Matlab scripts that were used as a testing ground for new ideas and techniques. Research progressed, and with time these scripts were re-worked and refactored into one coherent Matlab toolbox, tentatively named the Multivariate MetaModeling (M3) Toolbox. Design Goals ------------- During research into multivariate metamodeling techniques and algorithms it became clear that there was room for an adaptive tool that integrated different surrogate modeling approaches and did not tie the user down to one particular set of problems or techniques. More concretely, we were unable to find evidence of any projects that integrated:    1. Building standalone global metamodels    2. Support for different model types, different modeling algorithms, ... (adaptive modeling) ...

Announce: GNU GLOBAL 5.5 released
Hi! More than a month ago Jason Hood released DJGPP binaries for the GNU GLOBAL source code tag system version 5.5: http://www.geocities.com/jadoxa/global/ @DJ According to `README.TXT' he used DJGPP 2.03. So please mirror those files to the `current' tree! :-) -- Robert Riebisch Bitte NUR in der Newsgroup antworten! Please reply to the Newsgroup ONLY! > @DJ > > According to `README.TXT' he used DJGPP 2.03. So please mirror those > files to the `current' tree! :-) Someone has to make sure it's all packaged correctly, and upload it to my ftp server: http://www.delorie.com/howto/djgpp/djgpp-upload.html Usually, this is the author. If the author chooses to not upload it, who am I to say otherwise? ...

Announcing the release of Yosai: a security framework for python applications
Hey Everyone! I am very glad to announce the first release of Yosai, a security framework for python applications. Details, including link to project: http://www.daringordon.com/introducing_yosai Regards Darin ...

ANNOUNCE: Itcl/Itk 4.0a0 first alpha release
I am very pleased to announce the first alpha release of Itcl/Itk 4.0 RELEASE NOTES: This version of Itcl is a big overhaul of Itcl 3.4. This version is based on TclOO as the base for handling classes and objects and for dispatching methods. The changes are mostly internally so you should not have problems on the script level. You will need Tcl 8.6a3 or greater for running this version! WARNING: this version is not backward compatible to < Tcl 8.6!! This is no problem, as for these version Itcl 3.4 is available. This version is trying to be less dependent of Tcl core internals. The original test suite is running mostly (393 out of 400 test cases). There are 5 test cases, which fail because of a different usage message. Feature Request 1773103 is adressing that. There is 1 test case, which is failing because of a problem in TclOO in creating a class (TclOO class in the background) within namespace eval. There is one test case where the handling in Tcl core has changed, it is related to evaluation of namespace inscope. There are 2 yet undocumented features you can use already: - writing "this" in front of a class method call will speed up method execution - using "[self]" instead of "$this" has a big performance advantage, this is a method omported from TclOO There are other undocumented and at the moment unsupported features like options, delegated options and delegated methods, which will be documented and announced, if t...

[TCPP-announce] Call for papers (First Workshop on System Management Tools for ...
*************************DEADLINE EXTENDED********************************* Note new deadline: December 24, 2004 *************************************************************************** First Workshop on System Management Tools for Large-Scale Parallel Systems (Held in Conjunction with IPDPS 2005, Denver, Colorado, April 8, 2005) *************************************************************************** We are entering a new era in computing where the size and complexity of scientific and engineering simulations is growing at a speed that has never been observed before. In order to satisfy the needs of these applications, parallel systems with an "extreme-scale" are being designed and deployed. Although the progress in hardware and architecture design has made it possible to build machines with tens of thousands of processors, the development of software tools for such systems is still lagging behind. To name just a few examples, new operating system level modifications are needed to efficiently utilize the massive computing and networking power. In addition, sophisticated fault-tolerant tools are in great need to minimize the performance loss under a faulty condition. The scale of the systems also demands advanced power management tools. For both commodity supercomputing clusters and custom-designed supercomputers, system maintenance, reliability, fault isolation, prevention and control pose huge challenges. There is a great need...

[ANN] First public release of "ssprep" a extensible generic project generator
ssprep is a tool that generates file-trees from a given set of templates and symbols. Where templates are read from an extensible template configuration rooting in a XMLfiles located on a search path or a simple path. and symbols are read from different sources such as: * command line * XML-files * Manifest-files (Java style) * properties files (Java style) * environment The intent is to produce project skeletons and or add more files to a project given its content. The tool could also call other tools to do more extensive processing. https://sourceforge.net/projects/ssprep/ /Per ...

TestData.com Announces Release of Web's First Data Generation Tool
OKLAHOMA CITY, June 1 � TestData.com, LLC today announced the debut of its online data generation tool at TestData.com. David Whitaker, founder of TestData.com, launched the website after two years in development. Data generation tools allow software developers to create large sets of test data, which can then be used to stress test their applications. The types of data created can range from simple address lists to complex datasets modeled after database schemas. Traditionally, these tools have existed in software form. TestData.com is the first and only web-based tool of its kind. "The launch of TestData.com marks a new age in data generation," says Whitaker. "Since we are on the web, we can offer users a much less expensive alternative to software-based data generation tools. Previously, you would need to buy expensive standalone software to generate your data. Now, you pay only for the data you need, which for the vast majority of people amounts to saving hundreds of dollars." Cost Benefits and Feature Set TestData.com decided to bring the data generation market to the web for a number of reasons. First, the least expensive standalone software tool available was $600. TestData.com found that they could offer a significant price advantage over these products by establishing an average per-generation cost of $10. Another benefit of TestData.com is its large collection of preset data, which users can employ as building blocks to create their...

[TCPP-announce] Call for Participation : First Workshop on System Management Tools for Large-Scale Parallel Systems ( held with IPDPS 2005)
First Workshop on System Management Tools for Large-Scale Parallel Systems Denver, CO, April 8th, 2005 http://www.ece.rutgers.edu/~yyzhang/ipdps-ws To be held in conjunction with IPDPS 2005 ADVANCE PROGRAM 8:00 ?8:20 Welcoming Remarks 8:20 ?9:20 Keynote Address Challenges in Programming and Managing Highly Parallel Systems Manish Gupta (IBM T. J. Watson) Session 1: Network System Management (9:20 ? 10:00) 9:20 ?9:40 Fast Scalable File Distribution Over Infiniband Dennis Dalessandro, Pete Wyckoff (Ohio Supercomputing Center) 9:40 ?10:00 Performance Modeling of Subnet Management on Fat Tree Infiniband Networks using openSM Abhinav Vishnu, Amith R Mamidala, Hyun Wook Jin & Dhabaleswar K. Panda (Ohio State) 10:00 ?10:30 break Session 2: Modeling and Scalability (10:30 ?11:30) 10:30 ?10:50 A Framework Focus on Configuration Modeling and Integration with Transparent Persistence Ivan Diaz, Juan Tourino, Jesus Salceda, Ramon Doallo (University of A Coruna) 10:50 ?11:10 A Fixed-Structure Learning Automaton Solution to the Stochastic Mapping Problem Geir Horn (SIMULA Research Laboratory), B. John Oommen (Carleton University) 11:10 ?11:30 On the Scalability of Centralized Control Dror G. Feitelson (The Hebrew University of Jerusalem) Session 3: MPI and System Management (11:30-12:10) 11:30 ?11:50 Monitoring and Debugging Parallel Software with BCS-MPI on Large-Scale Clusters Juan Fernandez*, Fabrizio Petrini, Eitan Frachtenberg (LANL) 11:50 ?12:10 MPISH: A P...

SQL Server Management Studio Easy Easy Question
Hello everyone. Resently started using SQL Management Studio. Here's the question. In the old Query Analyzer that I used to use there was a way to clear the result grid at the bottom. For example if you did a simple "Select" statement the results would show at the bottom then you could clear/ remove the "results window" so you would have more space to enter code on the top window again. Any way to do this in SQL Management Studio. I know it a small problem but it is driving me nuts. thanks ray I have not seen a way to clear the bottom panels, but if you go under Tools -> Options -> Query Results, there is an option (both for Grid/Text) to display results in separate tab. I find this useful sometimes to have more work space available (plus easier to see results). -- Plamen Ratchev http://www.SQLStudio.com On Wed, 7 Jan 2009 08:44:27 -0800 (PST), eighthman11 wrote: >Hello everyone. Resently started using SQL Management Studio. > >Here's the question. In the old Query Analyzer that I used to use >there was a way >to clear the result grid at the bottom. For example if you did a >simple "Select" >statement the results would show at the bottom then you could clear/ >remove the "results >window" so you would have more space to enter code on the top window >again. > >Any way to do this in SQL Management Studio. I know it a small >problem but it is driving me nuts. thanks ...

[RELEASED] Python 3.3.0 release candidate 2

[News] Ubuntu Community Manager Releases Book, Ubuntu Privacy Remix Released
The Art of Community Available For Free Download ,----[ Quote ] | Even if you don’t buy it, I would be hugely grateful that if you | like it, please go and review it on Amazon. This is a hugely | contribution. Thanks! `---- http://www.jonobacon.org/2009/09/18/the-art-of-community-available-for-free-download/ Ubuntu Privacy Remix: UPR 9.04r2 released ,----[ Quote ] | 18/09 : Announced by UPR team the release of the second | stable release of Ubuntu Privacy Remix 9.04. All software | packages including the kernel were updated to their newest | version to close security holes and fix bugs. `---- http://www.unixmen.com/news-today/384-ubuntu-privacy-remix-upr-904r2-released Recent: Kindle DX Impressions ,----[ Quote ] | Kindle today is actually from O’Reilly who provide DRM-free content. The | Kindle DX supports PDFs really well, but I put my O’Reilly books on there | using the .mobi format which works better and is searchable, zoomable etc. | | [...] | | So all in all, a pretty rocking device and I am tickled pink to have one on | our coffee table. `---- http://www.jonobacon.org/2009/09/02/kindle-dx-impressions/ ...

New Release of Python is Out
Python 3.2.1 now available ,----[ Quote | The Python developers have released Python 3.2.1, a bugfix release for | February's Python 3.2 with no new functionality. `---- http://www.h-online.com/open/news/item/Python-3-2-1-now-available-1276854.html ...

compile python in release...
Hi, I try to install two Python environments on my platform: one in release, the other in debug. I generate the RELEASE Python environment with the following instructions : > ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/python --enable-shared > make My problem is here : all the source files are compiled with the -g flag which might be the debug flag. (On the other hand, the option -DNDEBUG is defined : it's normal !) Then my question is : Is exist a flag/option to run the shell script named 'configure' allowing to remove the '-g' flag located in the generated makefile ? Thanks ...

Public release of WebGallery
I've pleasure in announcing that Beta 6 (v0.15) of my new WebGallery application is available for the first time as a public download from http://www.vigay.com/software/webgallery.html WebGallery is a flexible and powerful utility for generating galleries from directories of images. It can use ChangeFSI to re-scale images and generate thumbnails, before creating a full HTML based gallery of interlinked pages and index files. Examples of typical galleries can be seen online at http://www.vigay.com/photos http://wildlife.vigay.com and http://www.rosies-vineyard.co.uk/gallery/ which demonstrate the power and flexibility of the web template system. A huge range of options provide hundreds of permutations of effects that are possible, and a customizable web template system provides even more flexibility for seamlessly integrating galleries into existing websites. A comprehensive !Help file is included, which includes tutorials and notes. Feedback and suggestions are welcome before I make a formal public release (and change the version number to v1.00). :-) Please enjoy. Paul -- Paul Vigay Editor, www.RISCOS.org Using, programming and promoting RISC OS - the most productive computer system in the world. Check it out now, and change your view of computers!! To reply/email, visit http://www.riscos.org/feedback/ 51 things to do in a lift.... 29. Leave a box between the doors. _______________________________________________________________ a.m.conroy@argonet.co.uk, ...

Announce: MGRX released
Hi I have released MGRX, it stands for mini-grx or my-grx or Mariano's grx. It's a fork of GRX, only C API, no BGI, no add-ons, only 4 platforms supported: djgpp, mingw, linux-framebuffer and linux-X11. A new and different input API. And support for x86-64. The main site is http://mgrx.fgrim.com Greetings, M.Alvarez Hi! This looks great! I have two questions: 1) Is it faster than GRX? 2) It seems to be easy, to port DJGPP programs from GRX to MGRX?! I ask, because i am maintaining Sword (<http://stud3.tuwien.ac.at/~e0225895/sword/>) and am not very lucky with GRX. But it would be a very time expensive work to port it to Allegro, SNAP or another one. Bye, Flo mariano wrote: > Hi > > I have released MGRX, it stands for mini-grx or my-grx or Mariano's > grx. It's a fork of GRX, only C API, no BGI, no add-ons, only 4 > platforms supported: djgpp, mingw, linux-framebuffer and linux-X11. A > new and different input API. And support for x86-64. > > The main site is http://mgrx.fgrim.com > > Greetings, M.Alvarez > ...

first time managing a project
Hi, I just got chosen as 'project manager' for our next project. It seems like most people feel 'sorry' for me around here... We are designing a moderately large mostly digital asic and the team consists of about 6 people. I've never managed anything before and most of the people in the team are more senior designer than me. Right now, things are decided from hallway conversations, and nothing is really written down in terms of schedule and who-does-what... I wonder what tools if any that people use to manage a project. Is something like MS-Project any good? I understand that the schedule we would put in place will never hold, but I figure it's better to have something than nothing. Also, what do people use to track down bugs and issues. The chip is divided in 6-7 blocks, each will be assigned to one-two person. Where should I gather the information coming out of the weekly meeting - schedule slip, bugs to be fixed etc...email? ms-project? hallway? Thanks a lot, Dave MS Project is a worthwhile tool but to use it effectively you need to use it a reasonable amount. If like me you end up doing a bit here and there it is always a bit of a struggle to find the feature you want. Whatever you do you are it is best to break the job into manageable chucks with some kind of sub-task target to run against. When breaking down your sub-tasks think of things that mean that things don't happen as fast as you think. Lack of staff interaction during summ...

Managing managed accounts
One of my accounts (OS 10.5.8) is a managed one. By mistake I set an application (Little Snitch Configuration) to Always Allow when it should have been Allow Once. I can't see how to change this back. The app is unchecked in the list of permitted applications. I found a plist named com.apple.applicationaccess.new.plist in the username subfolder of the Managed Preferences folder, and when I looked at it I could see that the app was in this plist's whitelist. So I replaced this file by one from an old Time Machine backup, and checked that the replacement went ok, and the app was no longer present. I then shut down my computer and restarted it. I expected that to clear the situation. But it didn't. The app could still be opened, and when I checked the plist again I found the app was now whitelisted. So how should I reset things so the app won't open for the managed account? -- <http://www.decohen.com> Send e-mail to the Reply-To address. Mail to the From address is never read. ...

Re: Announce: MGRX released
Hi Flo >1) Is it faster than GRX? No at this time, the "core" of MGRX is GRX, but I plan to have MGRX up to date. >2) It seems to be easy, to port DJGPP programs from GRX to MGRX?! The graphics API is the same as GRX, except you must use mgrx.h and mgrxkeys.h instead grx20.h and grxkeys.h, and link whit mgrx.a (so you can have installed both libraries at the same time). The input API is totally different, but I think is better and easy to understand. See the programmer's manual. Greetings, M.Alvarez Hi! > No at this time, the "core" of MGRX is GRX, but I plan to have MGRX up > to date. This is a good news. Then i will use it. Thanks! Flo ...

ANNOUNCE: Itcl/Itk releases
I'm pleased to announce several releases of the Itcl and Itk packages. First, patch releases of the long-running Itcl/Itk 3.4.* series: Itcl 3.4.2: https://sourceforge.net/projects/incrtcl/files/%5BIncr%20Tcl_Tk%5D-source/3.4.2/ Itk 3.4.1: https://sourceforge.net/projects/incrtcl/files/%5BIncr%20Tcl_Tk%5D-source/3.4.1/ These releases contain the set of bug fixes collected over the last three to ten years since the last known releases of these packages. Just meant to be maintenance work. Then, the new patch releases of Itcl/Itk 4.0.*: Itcl 4.0.3 (also bundled with pending Tcl 8.6.4 release): https://sourceforge.net/projects/incrtcl/files/%5Bincr%20Tcl_Tk%5D-4-source/itcl%204.0.3/ Itk 4.0.1: https://sourceforge.net/projects/incrtcl/files/%5Bincr%20Tcl_Tk%5D-4-source/itk%204.0.1/ The aim of Itcl 4.0.* packages is to be a re-implementation of Itcl and Itk on top of Tcl's core of oo::* commands that arrived in Tcl 8.6. They aim to be the functional equivalents of Itcl/Itk 3, but with a fresher foundation, and a greater liklihood of continuing support. These releases are closer to that aim than any predecessor. All Tclers making use of Tcl 8.6 and Itcl/Itk are encouraged to migrate to Itcl/Itk 4 and help us discover what gaps still need to be closed. -- | Don Porter Applied and Computational Mathematics Division | | donald.porter@nist.gov Information Technology Laboratory | | http://mat...

Public release Adams Platform
Adams Platform invented by Adam Clark in 1996 has released many documents at http://www.adamsplatform.com.au The most interesting document links are not working anymore, I managed to recover some via other sources. How his video compression algorithm work: http://sites.google.com/site/filesandfilez/Home/The_AP_Video_Compression_Method_V1_3.pdf http://sites.google.com/site/filesandfilez/Home/AP_Video_Method_Step_6_and_Step_7.pdf http://sites.google.com/site/filesandfilez/Home/General_AP_Method_V1_3.pdf Lawsuit paper: http://sites.google.com/site/filesandfilez/Home/Fourth_Amended_Statement_of_Claim-Filed_160608.pdf If somebody has downloaded one of this files: MATLAB demo of algorithm: MATLAB and Other Data Files (20MB) Java source code: AP Video Systems_Third Space_ovs5.1.tar (105MB) or AP Video Systems_Third Space_ovs5.1.tar.gz (60MB) or any of the documents listed at this URL accept the patents: http://www.adamsplatform.com.au/home.php?name=SupportingDocumentation I like very much to receive a copy. On Oct 3, 11:33 am, Sportman <sport...@gmail.com> wrote: > Adams Platform invented by Adam Clark in 1996 has released many > documents athttp://www.adamsplatform.com.au > > The most interesting document links are not working anymore, I managed > to recover some via other sources. > > How his video compression algorithm work:http://sites.google.com/site/filesandfilez/Home/The_AP_Video_Compress...http://sites.google.com/site/filesandfilez/Home/AP...

[Announcement] ASIS for GNAT 20040403 release
Hello, New snapshot release from A.S.I.S. for GNAT. This Versions contains gnat sources for GCC 3.5, GCC 3.4 and GCC 3.3.1. The frist two from today. The following A.S.I.S. tools are bundled: adabrowse , adadep, adasubst, asistant, gnatelim, gnatstub. Binary package for i686, GCC 3.5, SuSE 9.0 available. With Regards Martin -- mailto://krischik@users.sourceforge.net http://www.ada.krischik.com ...

[ANNOUNCE] STklos 0.58 release
This is an announce for the 0.58 release of STklos. STklos is a free Scheme System (nearly) conform to R5RS. The aim of this implementation is to be fast as well as light. The implementation is based on an ad-hoc Virtual Machine. STklos can also be compiled as a library, so that one can easily embeds it in an application. The salient points of STklos are: * efficient and powerful object system based on CLOS providing - Multiple Inheritance, - Generic Functions, - Multi-methods - an efficient MOP (Meta Object Protocol) * a simple to use module system * implements the full tower of numbers defined in R5RS * easy connection to the GTK+ toolkit * Perl compatible regular expressions thanks to the PCRE package. * tail recursive calls are properly implemented Changes in this release: * Better Win32 port (was no more fully functional since 0.55) * Added a way to configure the system with our version of GMP even if GMP is installed * Added structure types * Stack size can be changed when the VM is launched * New port on Octane/SGI Irix (by Joshua Boyd) and Itanium * Added the --interactive option for embedded VM * Compiler can add line information to the generated code to ease debugging * Error locations are more accurate now * New primitives o winify-file-name (for Win32 only) o sleep * New implemented SRFIs o SRFI-34 (Exc...

Web resources about - First public release of Elevation, SRTM 30m global DEM easy management - comp.lang.python.announce

Management - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Management in business and organizations is the function that coordinates the efforts of people to accomplish goals and objectives using available ...

Management - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Management in businesses and organizations is the function that coordinates the efforts of people to accomplish goals and objectives by using ...

Management - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Management in business and organizations is an art that coordinates the efforts of people to accomplish goals and objectives using available ...

Management - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Management in business and organizations is the function that coordinates the efforts of people to accomplish goals and objectives using available ...

Tax commissioner warned of public relations risk before giving management pay rise
... relations minefield. The commissioner was told to sell the deal as a reward for efficiencies and productivity improvements by senior management. ...

- At issue is water management in the Deschutes River Basin
Two groups suing to change water management practices in the Deschutes River Basin to protect a threatened frog are asking the federal judge ...

The brilliant management strategy Google's new CEO used to become one of the world's most powerful executives ...
... relatively predictable kind of guy. Formerly Google's Product Chief, Pichai became Google's CEO in 2015, after Google reorganized its management ...

Bundy Gang Member Declares Bankruptcy After Mismanaging Property Management
... a 2015 Dodge Ram pickup, a 2012 Chrysler car and a 2014 Open Range travel trailer. The pickup and the trailer were leased by the property management ...

AlgoSec Supports Security Policy Management for Azure
The solution enables users deploying business applications on Azure to automatically discover and migrate application connectivity flows to Azure. ...

Thornburg Investment Management Inc. Reduces Stake in China Mobile Ltd.
Financial Market News Thornburg Investment Management Inc. Reduces Stake in China Mobile Ltd. (CHL) Financial Market News China Mobile logo ...