python-dev Summary for 2004-12-01 through 2004-12-15

This is a summary of traffic on the `python-dev mailing list`_ from December
01, 2004 through December 15, 2004.  It is intended to inform the wider Python
community of on-going developments on the list.  To comment on anything
mentioned here, just post to `comp.lang.python`_ (or email
python-list@python.org which is a gateway to the newsgroup) with a subject line
mentioning what you are discussing. All python-dev members are interested in
seeing ideas discussed by the community, so don't hesitate to take a stance on
something.  And if all of this really interests you then get involved and join
`python-dev`_!

This is the fifty-fourth summary written by Brett Cannon (amazed no one has
complained about the lateness of these summaries!).

To contact me, please send email to brett at python.org ; I do not have the
time to keep up on comp.lang.python and thus do not always catch follow-ups
posted there.

All summaries are archived at http://www.python.org/dev/summary/ .

Please note that this summary is written using reStructuredText_ which can be
found at http://docutils.sf.net/rst.html .  Any unfamiliar punctuation is
probably markup for reST_ (otherwise it is probably regular expression syntax
or a typo =); you can safely ignore it, although I suggest learning reST; it's
simple and is accepted for `PEP markup`_ and gives some perks for the HTML
output.  Also, because of the wonders of programs that like to reformat text, I
cannot guarantee you will be able to run the text version of this summary
through Docutils_ as-is unless it is from the `original text file`_.

... _PEP Markup: http://www.python.org/peps/pep-0012.html

The in-development version of the documentation for Python can be found at
http://www.python.org/dev/doc/devel/ and should be used when looking up any
documentation on new code; otherwise use the current documentation as found at
http://docs.python.org/ .  PEPs (Python Enhancement Proposals) are located at
http://www.python.org/peps/ .  To view files in the Python CVS online, go to
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/python/ .  Reported bugs and
suggested patches can be found at the SourceForge_ project page.

The `Python Software Foundation`_ is the non-profit organization that holds the
intellectual property for Python.  It also tries to forward the development and
use of Python.  But the PSF_ cannot do this without donations.  You can make a
donation at http://python.org/psf/donations.html .  Every penny helps so even a
small donation (you can donate through PayPal or by check) helps.

... _python-dev: http://www.python.org/dev/
... _SourceForge: http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=5470
... _comp.lang.python: http://groups.google.com/groups?q=comp.lang.python
... _Docutils: http://docutils.sf.net/
... _reST:
... _reStructuredText: http://docutils.sf.net/rst.html
... _PSF:
... _Python Software Foundation: http://python.org/psf/

... contents::

... _last summary: http://www.python.org/dev/summary/2004-11-16_2004-11-30.html
... _original text file: http://www.python.org/dev/summary/2004-12-01_2004-12-15.ht

=====================
Summary Announcements
=====================
PyCon_ 2005 planning is well underway.  The schedule has been posted at
http://www.python.org/pycon/2005/schedule.html and looks great with a quite the
varied topics.  And there is still time for the early-bird registration price
of $175 ($125 students) before it expires on January 28th.

Some day I will be all caught up with the Summaries...

... _PyCon: http://www.pycon.org

=========
Summaries
=========
----------------------------------
PEPS: those existing and gestating
----------------------------------
[for emails on PEP updates, subscribe to python-checkins_ and choose the 'PEP'
topic]

A proto-PEP covering the __source__ proposal from the `last summary`_ has been
posted to python-dev.

`PEP 338`_ proposes how to modify the '-m' modifier so as to be able to execute
modules contained within packages.

... _PEP 338: http://www.python.org/peps/pep-0338.html

Contributing threads:
   - `PEP: __source__ proposal
<http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-dev/2004-December/050190.html>`__
   - `PEP 338: Executing modules inside packages with '-m'
<http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-dev/2004-December/050369.html>`__

-------------------
Deprecating modules
-------------------
The xmllib module was deprecated but not listed in `PEP 4`_.  What does one do?
  Well, this led to a long discussion on how to handle module deprecation.

With the 'warning' module now in existence, PEP 4 seemed to be less important.
  It was generally agreed that listing modules in PEP 4 was no longer needed.
It was also agreed that deleting deprecated modules was not needed; it breaks
code and disk space is cheap.

It seems that no longer listing documentation and adding a deprecation warning
is what is needed to properly deprecate a module.  By no longer listing
documentation new programmers will not use the code since they won't know about
it.  And adding the warning will let old users know that they should be using
something else.

... _PEP 4: http://www.python.org/peps/pep-0004.html

Contributing threads:
   - `Deprecated xmllib module
<http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-dev/2004-December/050210.html>`__
   - `Rewriting PEP4
<http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-dev/2004-December/050241.html>`__

PR to fight the idea that Python is "slow"
An article_ in ACM TechNews that covered 2.4 had several mentions that Python
was "slow" while justifying the slowness (whether it be flexibility or being
fast enough).  Guido (rightfully) didn't love all of the "slow" mentions which
I am sure we have all heard at some point or another.

The suggestions started to pour in on how to combat this.  The initial one was
to have a native compiler.  The thinking was that if we compiled to a native
executable that people psychologically would stop the association of Python
being interpreted which is supposed to be slow.  Some people didn't love this
idea since a native compiler is not an easy thing.  Others suggested including
Pyrex with CPython, but didn't catch on (maintenance issue plus one might say
Pyrex is not the most Pythonic solution).  This didn't get anywhere in the end
beyond the idea of a SIG about the various bundling tools (py2app, py2exe, etc.).

The other idea was to just stop worrying about speed and move on stomping out
bugs and making Python functionally more useful.  With modules in the stdlib
being rewritten in C for performance reasons it was suggested we are putting
out the perception that performance is important to us.  Several other people
also suggested that we just not mention speed as a big deal in release notes
and such.

This also tied into the idea that managers don't worry too much about speed as
much as being able to hire a bunch of Python programmers.  This led to the
suggestion of also emphasizing that Python is very easy to learn and thus is a
moot point.  There are a good number of Python programmers, though; Stephan
Deibel had some rough calculations that put the number at about 750K Python
developers worldwide (give or take; rough middle point of two different
calculations).

... _article: http://gcn.com/vol1_no1/daily-updates/28026-1.html

Contributing threads:
   - `2.4 news reaches interesting places
<http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-dev/2004-December/050283.html>`__

===============
Skipped Threads
===============
- MS VC compiler versions
- Any reason why CPPFLAGS not used in compiling?
       Extension modules now compile with directories specified in the LDFLAGS
and CPPFLAGS env vars
- adding key argument to min and max
       min and max now have a 'key' argument like list.sort
- Unicode in doctests
- SRE bug and notifications
- PyInt_FromLong returning NULL
- PyOS_InputHook enhancement proposal
- The other Py2.4 issue
- MinGW And The other Py2.4 issue
- Supporting Third Party Modules
- Python in education

0
Brett
1/23/2005 7:49:06 PM
comp.lang.python.announce 7374 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

python-dev Summary for 2004-12-16 through 2004-12-31
This is a summary of traffic on the `python-dev mailing list`_ from December 16, 2004 through December 31, 2004. It is intended to inform the wider Python community of on-going developments on the list. To comment on anything mentioned here, just post to `comp.lang.python`_ (or email python-list@python.org which is a gateway to the newsgroup) with a subject line mentioning what you are discussing. All python-dev members are interested in seeing ideas discussed by the community, so don't hesitate to take a stance on something. And if all of this really interests you then get involved and join `python-dev`_! This is the fifty-fifth summary written by Brett Cannon (I have been doing this for too long...). To contact me, please send email to brett at python.org ; I do not have the time to keep up on comp.lang.python and thus do not always catch follow-ups posted there. All summaries are archived at http://www.python.org/dev/summary/ . Please note that this summary is written using reStructuredText_ which can be found at http://docutils.sf.net/rst.html . Any unfamiliar punctuation is probably markup for reST_ (otherwise it is probably regular expression syntax or a typo =); you can safely ignore it, although I suggest learning reST; it's simple and is accepted for `PEP markup`_ and gives some perks for the HTML output. Also, because of the wonders of programs that like to reformat text, I cannot guarantee you will be able t...

python-dev Summary for 2004-12-16 through 2004-12-31
This is a summary of traffic on the `python-dev mailing list`_ from December 16, 2004 through December 31, 2004. It is intended to inform the wider Python community of on-going developments on the list. To comment on anything mentioned here, just post to `comp.lang.python`_ (or email python-list@python.org which is a gateway to the newsgroup) with a subject line mentioning what you are discussing. All python-dev members are interested in seeing ideas discussed by the community, so don't hesitate to take a stance on something. And if all of this really interests you then get invol...

python-dev Summary for 2004-01-01 through 2004-01-31
python-dev Summary for 2004-01-01 through 2004-01-31 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ This is a summary of traffic on the `python-dev mailing list`_ from=20 January 1, 2004 through January 31, 2004. It is intended to inform the=20 wider Python community of on-going developments on the list. To comment=20 on anything mentioned here, just post to `comp.lang.python`_ (or email=20 python-list@python.org which is a gateway to the newsgroup) with a=20 subject line mentioning what you are discussing. All python-dev members=20 are interested in seeing ideas discussed by the community, so don't=20 hesitate to take a stance on something. And if all of this really=20 interests you then get involved and join `python-dev`_! This is the thirty-third and -fourth summaries written by Brett Cannon=20 (who is rather fed up with being sick recently). To contact me, please send email to brett at python.org ; I do not have=20 the time to keep up on comp.lang.python and thus do not always catch=20 follow-ups posted there. All summaries are archived at http://www.python.org/dev/summary/ . Please note that this summary is written using reStructuredText_ which=20 can be found at http://docutils.sf.net/rst.html . Any unfamiliar=20 punctuation is probably markup for reST_ (otherwise it is probably=20 regular expression syntax or a typo =3D); you can safely ignore it,=20 although I suggest learning reST; it's simple and is accepted for `PEP=20...

python-dev Summary for 2004-01-01 through 2004-01-31
python-dev Summary for 2004-01-01 through 2004-01-31 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ This is a summary of traffic on the `python-dev mailing list`_ from=20 January 1, 2004 through January 31, 2004. It is intended to inform the=20 wider Python community of on-going developments on the list. To comment=20 on anything mentioned here, just post to `comp.lang.python`_ (or email=20 python-list@python.org which is a gateway to the newsgroup) with a=20 subject line mentioning what you are discussing. All python-dev members=20 are interested in seeing ideas discussed by the commu...

python-dev Summary for 2004-10-01 through 2004-10-15
This is a summary of traffic on the `python-dev mailing list`_ from October 01, 2004 through October 15, 2004. It is intended to inform the wider Python community of on-going developments on the list. To comment on anything mentioned here, just post to `comp.lang.python`_ (or email python-list@python.org which is a gateway to the newsgroup) with a subject line mentioning what you are discussing. All python-dev members are interested in seeing ideas discussed by the community, so don't hesitate to take a stance on something. And if all of this really interests you then get involved and join `python-dev`_! This is the fiftieth summary written by Brett Cannon (Time for my summary mid-life crisis). To contact me, please send email to brett at python.org ; I do not have the time to keep up on comp.lang.python and thus do not always catch follow-ups posted there. All summaries are archived at http://www.python.org/dev/summary/ . Please note that this summary is written using reStructuredText_ which can be found at http://docutils.sf.net/rst.html . Any unfamiliar punctuation is probably markup for reST_ (otherwise it is probably regular expression syntax or a typo =); you can safely ignore it, although I suggest learning reST; it's simple and is accepted for `PEP markup`_ and gives some perks for the HTML output. Also, because of the wonders of programs that like to reformat text, I cannot guarantee you will be able to run th...

python-dev Summary for 2004-07-01 through 2004-07-15
python-dev Summary for 2004-07-01 through 2004-07-15 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ This is a summary of traffic on the `python-dev mailing list`_ from July 01, 2004 through July 15, 2004. It is intended to inform the wider Python community of on-going developments on the list. To comment on anything mentioned here, just post to `comp.lang.python`_ (or email python-list@python.org which is a gateway to the newsgroup) with a subject line mentioning what you are discussing. All python-dev members are interested in seeing ideas discussed by the community, so don't hesitate to take a stance on something. And if all of this really interests you then get involved and join `python-dev`_! This is the forty-forth summary written by Brett Cannon (wished he could be at OSCON to see Guido throw a pie). To contact me, please send email to brett at python.org ; I do not have the time to keep up on comp.lang.python and thus do not always catch follow-ups posted there. All summaries are archived at http://www.python.org/dev/summary/ . Please note that this summary is written using reStructuredText_ which can be found at http://docutils.sf.net/rst.html . Any unfamiliar punctuation is probably markup for reST_ (otherwise it is probably regular expression syntax or a typo =); you can safely ignore it, although I suggest learning reST; it's simple and is accepted for `PEP markup`_ and gives some perks for the HTML o...

python-dev Summary for 2004-11-01 through 2004-11-15
python-dev Summary for 2004-11-01 through 2004-11-15 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ This is a summary of traffic on the `python-dev mailing list`_ from November 01, 2004 through November 15, 2004. It is intended to inform the wider Python community of on-going developments on the list. To comment on anything mentioned here, just post to `comp.lang.python`_ (or email python-list@python.org which is a gateway to the newsgroup) with a subject line mentioning what you are discussing. All python-dev members are interested in seeing ideas discussed by the community, so ...

python-dev Summary for 2004-06-01 through 2004-06-15
python-dev Summary for 2004-06-01 through 2004-06-15 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ This is a summary of traffic on the `python-dev mailing list`_ from June 01, 2004 through June 15, 2004. It is intended to inform the wider Python community of on-going developments on the list. To comment on anything mentioned here, just post to `comp.lang.python`_ (or email python-list@python.org which is a gateway to the newsgroup) with a subject line mentioning what you are discussing. All python-dev members are interested in seeing ideas discussed by the community, so don't hesitate to take a stance on something. And if all of this really interests you then get involved and join `python-dev`_! This is the forty-third summary written by Brett Cannon (wonder if that summary count is correct?). To contact me, please send email to brett at python.org ; I do not have the time to keep up on comp.lang.python and thus do not always catch follow-ups posted there. All summaries are archived at http://www.python.org/dev/summary/ . Please note that this summary is written using reStructuredText_ which can be found at http://docutils.sf.net/rst.html . Any unfamiliar punctuation is probably markup for reST_ (otherwise it is probably regular expression syntax or a typo =); you can safely ignore it, although I suggest learning reST; it's simple and is accepted for `PEP markup`_ and gives some perks for the HTML output. Also...

python-dev Summary for 2005-12-01 through 2005-12-15
[The HTML version of this Summary is available at http://www.python.org/dev/summary/2005-12-01_2005-12-15.html] =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D Announcements =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D ----------------------------------------------------- Reminder: plain text documentation fixes are accepted ----------------------------------------------------- Want to help out with the Python documentation? Don't know LaTeX? No problem! Plain text or ReST fixes are also welcome. You won't be able to produce a diff file like with a normal patch, but comments that explain how t...

python-dev Summary for 2004-10-01 through 2004-10-15
This is a summary of traffic on the `python-dev mailing list`_ from October 01, 2004 through October 15, 2004. It is intended to inform the wider Python community of on-going developments on the list. To comment on anything mentioned here, just post to `comp.lang.python`_ (or email python-list@python.org which is a gateway to the newsgroup) with a subject line mentioning what you are discussing. All python-dev members are interested in seeing ideas discussed by the community, so don't hesitate to take a stance on something. And if all of this really interests you then get involve...

python-dev Summary for 2005-12-01 through 2005-12-15
[The HTML version of this Summary is available at http://www.python.org/dev/summary/2005-12-01_2005-12-15.html] =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D Announcements =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D ----------------------------------------------------- Reminder: plain text documentation fixes are accepted ----------------------------------------------------- Want to help out with the Python documentation? Don't know LaTeX? No problem! Plain text or ReST fixes are also welcome. You won't be able to produce a diff file like with a normal patch, but comments that explain how to fix the docs are just as good. A form like "in section XXX right before the paragraph starting with YYY, the documentation should say ZZZ" will make it easy for the doc maintainers to apply your fix. Contributing thread: - `c.l.p post on docs <http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-dev/2005-December/058479.html>`__ [SJB] -------------------------------------------- New-style exceptions patch requesting review -------------------------------------------- With `PEP 352`_ ready_ for Guido's pronouncement, Michael Hudson has asked for a few more developers to review his patch_ to make all exceptions new-style. It should be basically ready, but it would be nice to have a few eyes for sanity checks, documentation, and compilations on the various platforms. ... _PEP 352: http://www.python.org/peps/pep-0352.html ... _ready: htt...

python-dev Summary for 2004-09-01 through 2004-09-15
python-dev Summary for 2004-09-01 through 2004-09-15 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ This is a summary of traffic on the `python-dev mailing list`_ from September 01, 2004 through September 15, 2004. It is intended to inform the wider Python community of on-going developments on the list. To comment on anything mentioned here, just post to `comp.lang.python`_ (or email python-list@python.org which is a gateway to the newsgroup) with a subject line mentioning what you are discussing. All python-dev members are interested in seeing ideas discussed by the community, so don't hesitate to take a stance on something. And if all of this really interests you then get involved and join `python-dev`_! This is the forty-eighth summary written by Brett Cannon (hopefully school won't drown my this quarter). To contact me, please send email to brett at python.org ; I do not have the time to keep up on comp.lang.python and thus do not always catch follow-ups posted there. All summaries are archived at http://www.python.org/dev/summary/ . Please note that this summary is written using reStructuredText_ which can be found at http://docutils.sf.net/rst.html . Any unfamiliar punctuation is probably markup for reST_ (otherwise it is probably regular expression syntax or a typo =); you can safely ignore it, although I suggest learning reST; it's simple and is accepted for `PEP markup`_ and gives some perks for the HT...

python-dev Summary for 2004-08-01 through 2004-08-15
python-dev Summary for 2004-08-01 through 2004-08-15 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ This is a summary of traffic on the `python-dev mailing list`_ from August 01, 2004 through August 15, 2004. It is intended to inform the wider Python community of on-going developments on the list. To comment on anything mentioned here, just post to `comp.lang.python`_ (or email python-list@python.org which is a gateway to the newsgroup) with a subject line mentioning what you are discussing. All python-dev members are interested in seeing ideas discussed by the community, so don't hesitate to take a stance on something. And if all of this really interests you then get involved and join `python-dev`_! This is the forty-sixth summary written by Brett Cannon (two freakin' years doing this; I *am* nuts). To contact me, please send email to brett at python.org ; I do not have the time to keep up on comp.lang.python and thus do not always catch follow-ups posted there. All summaries are archived at http://www.python.org/dev/summary/ . Please note that this summary is written using reStructuredText_ which can be found at http://docutils.sf.net/rst.html . Any unfamiliar punctuation is probably markup for reST_ (otherwise it is probably regular expression syntax or a typo =); you can safely ignore it, although I suggest learning reST; it's simple and is accepted for `PEP markup`_ and gives some perks for the HTML outpu...

python-dev Summary for 2004-09-01 through 2004-09-15
python-dev Summary for 2004-09-01 through 2004-09-15 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ This is a summary of traffic on the `python-dev mailing list`_ from September 01, 2004 through September 15, 2004. It is intended to inform the wider Python community of on-going developments on the list. To comment on anything mentioned here, just post to `comp.lang.python`_ (or email python-list@python.org which is a gateway to the newsgroup) with a subject line mentioning what you are discussing. All python-dev members are interested in seeing ideas discussed by the community, s...

python-dev Summary for 2006-12-01 through 2006-12-15
python-dev Summary for 2006-12-01 through 2006-12-15 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ... contents:: [The HTML version of this Summary is available at http://www.python.org/dev/summary/2006-12-01_2006-12-15] ============= Announcements ============= Some of you may know that Steven Bethard, having taken over the summaries from Brett Cannon some time ago, is no longer able to keep up with them. After much holiday stress and busy days, I've come to take over this honor and archive all the goings on here. I hope I can do a good job, and allow the summaries to continue being a useful and transparent fixture. Also, after catching up with my backlog of summary work, I plan to begin the first summaries of python-3000 (and, possibly, but not likely, the python- ideas list), as more and more actual work, rather than debating and theory-talk, is going on there. Sincerly, Your new summary writer, Calvin Spealman ========= Summaries ========= ------------------------- Indexing of Match Objects ------------------------- Subscripting re match objects directly was proposed and the debate the waged mostly on how to deal with slicing and m.group(0) to be the entire match. The consensus seemed to be that returning a match object would break, largely because m[1:2][0] != m[1], which breaks intuition with slices. Returning a list as a slice also breaks the intuitions about the type of a slice. Contributing thread: ...

[...]

RE: python-dev Summary for 2004-08-01 through 2004-08-15
Anthony Baxter wrote: > On Mon, 23 Aug 2004 21:50:48 -0700, Brett Cannon=20 > <bac@ocf.berkeley.edu> wrote: > > At this point people should be hashing out which syntax=20 > alternative they > > want to present to Guido on comp.lang.python_. No more talking on > > python-dev, no more syntax proposals. The community should=20 > set a goal > > date (Sept. 1 seems good) and just choose a bloody alternative. =20 >=20 > One point I mentioned to Brett, but that he forgot to update (bad > summariser! no cookie for you!) is that Sept 1 is way, way, w...

RE: python-dev Summary for 2004-08-01 through 2004-08-15 #2
Brett C. wrote: > I just don't want people to suddenly get the impression that they can > always just throw a little mutiny every time Guido makes a decision.=20 > Do that and he will just ignore what people want period and never even > give people a chance to propose an alternative once it reaches > python-dev. Well said. > And I want people to realize my tirade was just that, a personal > tirade. It was out of frustration and thus should be taken with a > grain of salt. But that frustration is grounded in reality. > And that frustration came from the feeli...

python-dev Summary for 2004-04-01 through 2004-04-30
python-dev Summary for 2004-04-01 through 2004-04-30 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ This is a summary of traffic on the `python-dev mailing list`_ from April 01, 2004 through April 30, 2004. It is intended to inform the wider Python community of on-going developments on the list. To comment on anything mentioned here, just post to `comp.lang.python`_ (or email python-list@python.org which is a gateway to the newsgroup) with a subject line mentioning what you are discussing. All python-dev members are interested in seeing ideas discussed by the community, so don...

python-dev Summary for 2003-12-01 through 2003-12-31
python-dev Summary for 2003-12-01 through 2003-12-31 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ This is a summary of traffic on the `python-dev mailing list`_ from=20 December 1, 2003 through December 31, 2003. It is intended to inform=20 the wider Python community of on-going developments on the list. To=20 comment on anything mentioned here, just post to `comp.lang.python`_ (or=20 email python-list@python.org which is a gateway to the newsgroup) with a=20 subject line mentioning what you are discussing. All python-dev members=20 are interested in seeing ideas discussed by the community, so don't=20 hesitate to take a stance on something. And if all of this really=20 interests you then get involved and join `python-dev`_! This is the thirty-first and -second summaries written by Brett Cannon=20 (a friend of a friend actually reads this thing! Hi, Elle). To contact me, please send email to brett at python.org ; I do not have=20 the time to keep up on comp.lang.python and thus do not always catch=20 follow-ups posted there. All summaries are archived at http://www.python.org/dev/summary/ . Please note that this summary is written using reStructuredText_ which=20 can be found at http://docutils.sf.net/rst.html . Any unfamiliar=20 punctuation is probably markup for reST_ (otherwise it is probably=20 regular expression syntax or a typo =3D); you can safely ignore it,=20 although I suggest learning reST; it's simple and is accept...

Web resources about - python-dev Summary for 2004-12-01 through 2004-12-15 - comp.lang.python.announce