RELEASED Python 2.4.2, release candidate 1

On behalf of the Python development team and the Python community, I'm
happy to announce the release of Python 2.4.2 (release candidate 1).

Python 2.4.2 is a bug-fix release. See the release notes at the
website (also available as Misc/NEWS in the source distribution) for
details of the more than 60 bugs squished in this release.

Assuming no major problems crop up, a final release of Python 2.4.2
will follow in about a week's time.

For more information on Python 2.4.2, including download links for
various platforms, release notes, and known issues, please see:

    http://www.python.org/2.4.2

Highlights of this new release include:

  - Bug fixes. According to the release notes, more than 60 have been
    fixed, including bugs that prevented Python from working properly
    on 64 bit HP/UX and AIX systems.

Highlights of the previous major Python release (2.4) are available
from the Python 2.4 page, at

    http://www.python.org/2.4/highlights.html

Enjoy the new release,
Anthony

Anthony Baxter
anthony@python.org
Python Release Manager
(on behalf of the entire python-dev team)
0
Anthony
9/22/2005 7:42:10 AM
comp.lang.python.announce 7374 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

RELEASED Python 2.4.1, release candidate 2
--nextPart1436630.CCvZrgfS7P Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Content-Disposition: inline On behalf of the Python development team and the Python community, I'm happy to announce the release of Python 2.4.1 (release candidate 2). Python 2.4.1 is a bug-fix release. See the release notes at the website (also available as Misc/NEWS in the source distribution) for details of the bugs squished in this release. Assuming no major problems crop up, a final release of Python 2.4.1 will be out around the 29th of March - straight...

RE: RELEASED Python 2.3.4, release candidate 1 #2
> >WINDOWS >... Windows users may also be >interested in Mark Hammond's win32all, a collection of >Windows-specific extensions including COM support and Pythonwin, an >IDE built using Windows components. > PS... I have moral and ethical arguments against this. I believe it's = just plain WRONG to use a language like Python or Java or even C#/.NET = and RELY on platform specific "extensions". If it ain't cross platform, then it's VB. $.02/MHO Hornberger, Chris wrote: >>WINDOWS >>... Windows users may also be >>interested in ...

[RELEASED] Python 2.7.1 release candidate 1 #2
On behalf of the Python development team, I'm chuffed to announce the a release candidate of Python 2.7.1. Please test the release candidate with your packages and report any bugs you find. 2.7.1 final is scheduled in two weeks. 2.7 includes many features that were first released in Python 3.1. The faster io module, the new nested with statement syntax, improved float repr, set literals, dictionary views, and the memoryview object have been backported from 3.1. Other features include an ordered dictionary implementation, unittests improvements, a new sysconfig module, auto-num...

RELEASED Python 2.4.4, release candidate 1
--nextPart1335588.FbG7Pl8usD Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Content-Disposition: inline On behalf of the Python development team and the Python community,=20 I'm happy to announce the release of Python 2.4.4 (release candidate 1). Python 2.4.4 is a bug-fix release. While Python 2.5 is the latest=20 version of Python, we're making this release for people who are=20 still running Python 2.4. See the release notes at the website (also available as Misc/NEWS in the source distribution) for details of the more than 80 bugs squished in this release, including a number found by the Coverity and Klocwork static analysis tools. We'd like to offer our thanks to both these=20 companies for making this available for open source projects. * Python 2.4.4 contains a fix for PSF-2006-001, a buffer overrun * * in repr() of unicode strings in wide unicode (UCS-4) builds. * * See http://www.python.org/news/security/PSF-2006-001/ for more. * Assuming no major problems crop up, a final release of Python 2.4.4 will follow in about a week's time. This will be the last planned release in the Python 2.4 series - future maintenance releases will be in the 2.5=20 line. =46or more information on Python 2.4.4, including download links for various platforms, release notes, and known issues, please see: http://www.python.org/2.4.4/ Highlights of this new release in...

RELEASED Python 2.4.4, release candidate 1
--nextPart1335588.FbG7Pl8usD Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Content-Disposition: inline On behalf of the Python development team and the Python community,=20 I'm happy to announce the release of Python 2.4.4 (release candidate 1). Python 2.4.4 is a bug-fix release. While Python 2.5 is the latest=20 version of Python, we're making this release for people who are=20 still running Python 2.4. See the release notes at the website (also available as Misc/NEWS in the source distribution) for details of the more than 80 ...

RELEASED Python 2.4.1, release candidate 1

RELEASED Python 2.4.3, release candidate 1
On behalf of the Python development team and the Python community, I'm happy to announce the release of Python 2.4.3 (release candidate 1). Python 2.4.3 is a bug-fix release. See the release notes at the website (also available as Misc/NEWS in the source distribution) for details of the more than 50 bugs squished in this release, including a number found by the Coverity Scan project. Assuming no major problems crop up, a final release of Python 2.4.3 will follow in about a week's time. For more information on Python 2.4.3, including download links for various platforms, rele...

Web resources about - RELEASED Python 2.4.2, release candidate 1 - comp.lang.python.announce

Candidate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For Nominee redirects here. For the financial term, see Nominee account , see Candidate (disambiguation) . In the context of elections for public ...

Question of the day: Best electric sleeper candidate?
... swap, into which vehicle, would give you the best electric sleeper? Continue reading Question of the day: Best electric sleeper candidate? ...

Is Hillary Clinton An NRA Candidate After All? Worse
... shameful career in politics. No one who knows anything about her would deny she would take money from any source. (Unlike less dishonest candidates, ...

Who's the best candidate to run the US economy?
As a dozen states hold presidential contests, who do you think is the best candidate to run the US economy?

This Rapper Just Revealed Which Candidate He’s Supporting For President
This Rapper Just Revealed Which Candidate He’s Supporting For President

Ted Cruz: God wants the other candidates to drop out
... also-rans to check in with t heir maker and do the right thing—clear the way for him to be destroyed one-on-one against Trump. "For the candidates ...

An Incredibly Dorky Look At Each Presidential Candidate's Technology Stack
Which candidate has the most cookies? Who's using MailChimp? Let's dig into the details beneath the campaign sites. The prevailing media narrative ...

How Can Universities Minimize Suffering For Ph.D Candidates?
How can we redesign the Ph.D experience in order to minimize suffering for graduate students? This question was originally answered on Quora ...

Trump, Romney feud erupts with Mitt calling Donald a 'phony' and 'fraud', Trump calling Mitt a 'failed ...
Trump, Romney feud erupts with Mitt calling Donald a 'phony' and 'fraud', Trump calling Mitt a 'failed candidate'

Democrats Less Convinced Candidates Have Good Ideas
Slightly more than half of Americans think presidential candidates have come up with good ideas for solving the nation's most important problem. ...