RELEASED Python 2.5.1, release candidate 1

On behalf of the Python development team and the Python community,
I'm happy to announce the release of Python 2.5.1 (release
candidate 1).

This is the first bugfix release of Python 2.5. Python 2.5 is now
in bugfix-only mode; no new features are being added. According to
the release notes, over 150 bugs and patches have been addressed
since Python 2.5, including a fair number in the new AST compiler
(an internal implementation detail of the Python interpreter).

For more information on Python 2.5.1, including download links for
various platforms, release notes, and known issues, please see:

  http://www.python.org/2.5.1/

Highlights of this new release include:

    Bug fixes. According to the release notes, at least 150 have
    been fixed.

Highlights of the previous major Python release (2.5) are available
from the Python 2.5 page, at

  http://www.python.org/2.5/highlights.html

Enjoy this release,
Anthony

Anthony Baxter
anthony@python.org
Python Release Manager
(on behalf of the entire python-dev team)
0
Anthony
4/11/2007 4:16:09 AM
comp.lang.python.announce 7374 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

[RELEASED] Python 2.7.1 release candidate 1 #2
On behalf of the Python development team, I'm chuffed to announce the a release candidate of Python 2.7.1. Please test the release candidate with your packages and report any bugs you find. 2.7.1 final is scheduled in two weeks. 2.7 includes many features that were first released in Python 3.1. The faster io module, the new nested with statement syntax, improved float repr, set literals, dictionary views, and the memoryview object have been backported from 3.1. Other features include an ordered dictionary implementation, unittests improvements, a new sysconfig module, auto-num...

RELEASED Python 2.5.2, release candidate 1
On behalf of the Python development team and the Python community, I'm happy to announce the release of Python 2.5.2 (release candidate 1). This is the second bugfix release of Python 2.5. Python 2.5 is now in bugfix-only mode; no new features are being added. According to the release notes, over 100 bugs and patches have been addressed since Python 2.5.1, many of them improving the stability of the interpreter, and improving its portability. For more information on Python 2.5.2, including download links for various platforms, release notes, and known issues, please see: http://www.python.org/2.5.2/ Highlights of this new release include: Bug fixes. According to the release notes, at least 100 have been fixed. Highlights of the previous major Python release (2.5) are available from the Python 2.5 page, at http://www.python.org/2.5/highlights.html Enjoy this release, Martin Martin v. Loewis martin@v.loewis.de Python Release Manager (on behalf of the entire python-dev team) ...

[...]

RELEASED Python 2.4.1, release candidate 1

RELEASED Python 2.4.1, release candidate 1
--nextPart9283459.QEzjqcje3T Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Content-Disposition: inline On behalf of the Python development team and the Python community, I'm happy to announce the release of Python 2.4.1 (release candidate 1). Python 2.4.1 is a bug-fix release. See the release notes at the website (also available as Misc/NEWS in the source distribution) for details of the bugs squished in this release. Assuming no major problems crop up, a final release of Python 2.4.1 will follow in about a week's time.=20 =46o...

RELEASED Python 2.5 (release candidate 1)
--nextPart8893561.y8ZpM53dKH Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Content-Disposition: inline On behalf of the Python development team and the Python community, I'm happy to announce the first RELEASE CANDIDATE of Python 2.5. This is not yet the final release - it is not suitable for production use. It is being released to solicit feedback and hopefully expose bugs, as well as allowing you to determine how changes in 2.5 might impact you. As a release candidate, this is one of your last chances to test the new code in 2.5 before the final release. *Please* try this release out and let us know about any problems you find. In particular, note that changes to improve Python's support of 64 bit systems might require authors of C extensions to change their code. More information (as well as source distributions and Windows and Universal Mac OSX installers) are available from the 2.5 website: http://www.python.org/2.5/ As of this release, Python 2.5 is now in *feature freeze*. Unless absolutely necessary, no functionality changes will be made between now and the final release of Python 2.5. The plan now is to let the release candidate shake out any last-minute bugs in Python 2.5, leading to a 2.5 final release in early September. PEP 356 includes the schedule and will be updated as the schedule evolves. At this point, any testing you can do would be greatly, greatly appreciated....

RELEASED Python 2.5 (release candidate 1)
--nextPart8893561.y8ZpM53dKH Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Content-Disposition: inline On behalf of the Python development team and the Python community, I'm happy to announce the first RELEASE CANDIDATE of Python 2.5. This is not yet the final release - it is not suitable for production use. It is being released to solicit feedback and hopefully expose bugs, as well as allowing you to determine how changes in 2.5 might impact you. As a release candidate, this is one of your last chances to test the new code in 2.5 before the fin...

[RELEASED] Release candidates for Python 2.6.8, 2.7.3, 3.1.5, and 3.2.3
We're pleased to announce the immediate availability of release candidates for Python 2.6.8, 2.7.3, 3.1.5, and 3.2.3 . The main impetus for these releases is fixing a security issue in Python's hash based types, dict and set, as described below. Python 2.7.3 and 3.2.3 include the security patch and the normal set of bug fixes. Since Python 2.6 and 3.1 are maintained only for security issues, 2.6.8 and 3.1.5 contain only various security patches. The security issue exploits Python's dict and set implementations. Carefully crafted input can lead to extremely long computation times a...

[RELEASED] Release candidates for Python 2.6.8, 2.7.3, 3.1.5, and 3.2.3
We're pleased to announce the immediate availability of release candidates for Python 2.6.8, 2.7.3, 3.1.5, and 3.2.3 . The main impetus for these releases is fixing a security issue in Python's hash based types, dict and set, as described below. Python 2.7.3 and 3.2.3 include the security patch and the normal set of bug fixes. Since Python 2.6 and 3.1 are maintained only for security issues, 2.6.8 and 3.1.5 contain only various security patches. The security issue exploits Python's dict and set implementations. Carefully crafted input can lead to extremely long computation times and denials of service. [1] Python dict and set types use hash tables to provide amortized constant time operations. Hash tables require a well-distributed hash function to spread data evenly across the hash table. The security issue is that an attacker could compute thousands of keys with colliding hashes; this causes quadratic algorithmic complexity when the hash table is constructed. To alleviate the problem, the new releases add randomization to the hashing of Python's string types (bytes/str in Python 3 and str/unicode in Python 2), datetime.date, and datetime.datetime. This prevents an attacker from computing colliding keys of these types without access to the Python process. Hash randomization causes the iteration order of dicts and sets to be unpredictable and differ across Python runs. Python has never guaranteed iteration order of keys in a dict or set,...

[RELEASED] Python 3.1.3 release candidate 1 #2
On behalf of the Python development team, I'm gladsome to announce a release candidate of the third bugfix release for the Python 3.1 series, Python 3.1.3. This bug fix release fixes numerous issues found in 3.1.2. Please try it with your packages and report any bugs you find. The final of 3.1.3 is scheduled to be released in two weeks. The Python 3.1 version series focuses on the stabilization and optimization of the features and changes that Python 3.0 introduced. For example, the new I/O system has been rewritten in C for speed. File system APIs that use unicode strings ...

[RELEASED] Second release candidates for Python 2.6.8, 2.7.3, 3.1.5, and 3.2.3
We're chuffed to announce the immediate availability of the second release candidates for Python 2.6.8, 2.7.3, 3.1.5, and 3.2.3. The only change from the first release candidates is the patching of an additional security hole. The security issue fixed in the second release candidates is in the expat XML parsing library. expat had the same hash security issue detailed below as Python's core types. The hashing algorithm used in the expat library is now randomized. A more thorough explanation of the "hash attack" security hole follows. The main impetus for these releases is fixing a security issue in Python's hash based types, dict and set, as described below. Python 2.7.3 and 3.2.3 include the security patch and the normal set of bug fixes. Since Python 2.6 and 3.1 are maintained only for security issues, 2.6.8 and 3.1.5 contain only various security patches. The security issue exploits Python's dict and set implementations. Carefully crafted input can lead to extremely long computation times and denials of service. [1] Python dict and set types use hash tables to provide amortized constant time operations. Hash tables require a well-distributed hash function to spread data evenly across the hash table. The security issue is that an attacker could compute thousands of keys with colliding hashes; this causes quadratic algorithmic complexity when the hash table is constructed. To alleviate the problem, the new releases add rando...

[RELEASED] Second release candidates for Python 2.6.8, 2.7.3, 3.1.5, and 3.2.3
We're chuffed to announce the immediate availability of the second release candidates for Python 2.6.8, 2.7.3, 3.1.5, and 3.2.3. The only change from the first release candidates is the patching of an additional security hole. The security issue fixed in the second release candidates is in the expat XML parsing library. expat had the same hash security issue detailed below as Python's core types. The hashing algorithm used in the expat library is now randomized. A more thorough explanation of the "hash attack" security hole follows. The main impetus for these releases is fi...

RELEASED Python 2.3.5, release candidate 1
--nextPart1243888.3dvV1cK3uc Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Content-Disposition: inline On behalf of the Python development team and the Python community, I'm happy to announce the release of Python 2.3.5 (release candidate 1). Python 2.3.5 is a bug-fix release. See the release notes at the website (also available as Misc/NEWS in the source distribution) for details of the bugs squished in this release. Assuming no major problems crop up, a final release of Python 2.3.5 will follow in about a week's time.=20 Pyt...

RELEASED Python 2.3.5, release candidate 1
--nextPart1243888.3dvV1cK3uc Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Content-Disposition: inline On behalf of the Python development team and the Python community, I'm happy to announce the release of Python 2.3.5 (release candidate 1). Python 2.3.5 is a bug-fix release. See the release notes at the website (also available as Misc/NEWS in the source distribution) for details of the bugs squished in this release. Assuming no major problems crop up, a final release of Python 2.3.5 will follow in about a week's time.=20 Python 2.3.5 is the last release in the Python 2.3 series, and is being released for those people who still need to use Python 2.3. Python 2.4 is a newer release, and should be preferred if possible. From here, bugfix releases are switching to the Python 2.4 branch - a 2.4.1 will follow 2.3.5 final. =46or more information on Python 2.3.5, including download links for various platforms, release notes, and known issues, please see: http://www.python.org/2.3.5 Highlights of this new release include: - Bug fixes. According to the release notes, more than 50 bugs=20 have been fixed, including a couple of bugs that could cause=20 Python to crash.=20 Highlights of the previous major Python release (2.3) are available =20 from the Python 2.3 page, at =20 http://www.python.org/2.3/highlights.htm...

[RELEASE] Python 2.7 release candidate 1 released
On behalf of the Python development team, I'm effusive to announce the first release candidate of Python 2.7. Python 2.7 is scheduled (by Guido and Python-dev) to be the last major version in the 2.x series. However, 2.7 will have an extended period of bugfix maintenance. 2.7 includes many features that were first released in Python 3.1. The faster io module, the new nested with statement syntax, improved float repr, set literals, dictionary views, and the memoryview object have been backported from 3.1. Other features include an ordered dictionary implementation, unittests improvements, a new sysconfig module, and support for ttk Tile in Tkinter. For a more extensive list of changes in 2.7, see http://doc.python.org/dev/whatsnew/2.7.html or Misc/NEWS in the Python distribution. To download Python 2.7 visit: http://www.python.org/download/releases/2.7/ While this is a preview release and is thus not suitable for production use, we strongly encourage Python application and library developers to test the release with their code and report any bugs they encounter to: http://bugs.python.org/ This helps ensure that those upgrading to Python 2.7 will encounter as few bumps as possible. 2.7 documentation can be found at: http://docs.python.org/2.7/ Enjoy! -- Benjamin Peterson Release Manager benjamin at python.org (on behalf of the entire python-dev team and 2.7's contributors) Just an advice as I see that ...

[...]

RE: RELEASED Python 2.3.4, release candidate 1 #5
> -----Original Message----- > From: Erik Max Francis [mailto:max@alcyone.com]=20 > Sent: Friday, May 14, 2004 3:12 PM > To: python-list@python.org > Subject: Re: RELEASED Python 2.3.4, release candidate 1 >=20 >=20 > "Laughlin, Joseph V" wrote: >=20 > > I would avoid installing applications that way, if only for=20 > the fact=20 > > that you can't uninstall an application. >=20 > How can you not install an application installed that way? >=20 > rm -f $PREFIX/bin/python* $PREFIX/bin/pydoc $PREFIX/lib/python* Personally, six ...

[RELEASE] Python 2.7.2 release candidate 1
On behalf of the Python development team, I'm happy to announce the immediate availability of Python 2.7.2 release candidate 1. 2.7.2 is the second in bugfix release for the Python 2.7 series. 2.7 is the last major verison of the 2.x line and will be receiving bug fixes while new feature development focuses on 3.x. 2.7 includes many features that were first released in Python 3.1. The faster io module, the new nested with statement syntax, improved float repr, set literals, dictionary views, and the memoryview object have been backported from 3.1. Other features include an ordered dictionary implementation, unittests improvements, a new sysconfig module, auto-numbering of fields in the str/unicode format method, and support for ttk Tile in Tkinter. For a more extensive list of changes in 2.7, see http://doc.python.org/dev/whatsnew/2.7.html or Misc/NEWS in the Python distribution. To download Python 2.7.2rc1 visit: http://www.python.org/download/releases/2.7.1/ The 2.7.2 changelog is at: http://hg.python.org/cpython/file/439396b06416/Misc/NEWS 2.7 documentation can be found at: http://docs.python.org/2.7/ This is a preview release. Assuming no major problems, 2.7.2 will be released in two weeks. Please report any bugs you find to http://bugs.python.org/ Enjoy! -- Benjamin Peterson Release Manager benjamin at python.org (on behalf of the entire python-dev team and 2.7.2's contributors) ...

RELEASED Python 2.4.2, release candidate 1
On behalf of the Python development team and the Python community, I'm happy to announce the release of Python 2.4.2 (release candidate 1). Python 2.4.2 is a bug-fix release. See the release notes at the website (also available as Misc/NEWS in the source distribution) for details of the more than 60 bugs squished in this release. Assuming no major problems crop up, a final release of Python 2.4.2 will follow in about a week's time. For more information on Python 2.4.2, including download links for various platforms, release notes, and known issues, please see: http://www.python.org/2.4.2 Highlights of this new release include: - Bug fixes. According to the release notes, more than 60 have been fixed, including bugs that prevented Python from working properly on 64 bit HP/UX and AIX systems. Highlights of the previous major Python release (2.4) are available from the Python 2.4 page, at http://www.python.org/2.4/highlights.html Enjoy the new release, Anthony Anthony Baxter anthony@python.org Python Release Manager (on behalf of the entire python-dev team) ...

RELEASED Python 2.4.2, release candidate 1
On behalf of the Python development team and the Python community, I'm happy to announce the release of Python 2.4.2 (release candidate 1). Python 2.4.2 is a bug-fix release. See the release notes at the website (also available as Misc/NEWS in the source distribution) for details of the more than 60 bugs squished in this release. Assuming no major problems crop up, a final release of Python 2.4.2 will follow in about a week's time. For more information on Python 2.4.2, including download links for various platforms, release notes, and known issues, please see: http://www.py...

RELEASED Python 2.4.1, release candidate 2
--nextPart1436630.CCvZrgfS7P Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Content-Disposition: inline On behalf of the Python development team and the Python community, I'm happy to announce the release of Python 2.4.1 (release candidate 2). Python 2.4.1 is a bug-fix release. See the release notes at the website (also available as Misc/NEWS in the source distribution) for details of the bugs squished in this release. Assuming no major problems crop up, a final release of Python 2.4.1 will be out around the 29th of March - straight...

[RELEASE] Python 2.7.2 release candidate 1
On behalf of the Python development team, I'm happy to announce the immediate availability of Python 2.7.2 release candidate 1. 2.7.2 is the second in bugfix release for the Python 2.7 series. 2.7 is the last major verison of the 2.x line and will be receiving bug fixes while new feature development focuses on 3.x. 2.7 includes many features that were first released in Python 3.1. The faster io module, the new nested with statement syntax, improved float repr, set literals, dictionary views, and the memoryview object have been backported from 3.1. Other features include an ordered dictio...

Web resources about - RELEASED Python 2.5.1, release candidate 1 - comp.lang.python.announce

Candidate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For Nominee redirects here. For the financial term, see Nominee account , see Candidate (disambiguation) . In the context of elections for public ...

Question of the day: Best electric sleeper candidate?
... swap, into which vehicle, would give you the best electric sleeper? Continue reading Question of the day: Best electric sleeper candidate? ...

Is Hillary Clinton An NRA Candidate After All? Worse
... shameful career in politics. No one who knows anything about her would deny she would take money from any source. (Unlike less dishonest candidates, ...

National poll reveals where candidates stand on Super Tuesday
Trump trounces the rest of the GOP field, while Clinton maintains a 10-point lead over Sanders

Who's the best candidate to run the US economy?
As a dozen states hold presidential contests, who do you think is the best candidate to run the US economy?

This Rapper Just Revealed Which Candidate He’s Supporting For President
This Rapper Just Revealed Which Candidate He’s Supporting For President

Ted Cruz: God wants the other candidates to drop out
... also-rans to check in with t heir maker and do the right thing—clear the way for him to be destroyed one-on-one against Trump. "For the candidates ...

An Incredibly Dorky Look At Each Presidential Candidate's Technology Stack
Which candidate has the most cookies? Who's using MailChimp? Let's dig into the details beneath the campaign sites. The prevailing media narrative ...

How Can Universities Minimize Suffering For Ph.D Candidates?
How can we redesign the Ph.D experience in order to minimize suffering for graduate students? This question was originally answered on Quora ...

ROMNEY, TRUMP FEUD ERUPTS Mitt calls Donald 'a phony, a fraud', says voters being taken for 'suckers' ...
ROMNEY, TRUMP FEUD ERUPTS Mitt calls Donald 'a phony, a fraud', says voters being taken for 'suckers'; Trump: Romney's a 'failed candidate'