RELEASED Python 2.6.2 candidate 1

0
Barry
4/8/2009 3:28:15 AM
comp.lang.python.announce 7374 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

[RELEASED] Release candidates for Python 2.6.8, 2.7.3, 3.1.5, and 3.2.3
We're pleased to announce the immediate availability of release candidates for Python 2.6.8, 2.7.3, 3.1.5, and 3.2.3 . The main impetus for these releases is fixing a security issue in Python's hash based types, dict and set, as described below. Python 2.7.3 and 3.2.3 include the security patch and the normal set of bug fixes. Since Python 2.6 and 3.1 are maintained only for security issues, 2.6.8 and 3.1.5 contain only various security patches. The security issue exploits Python's dict and set implementations. Carefully crafted input can lead to extremely long computation times and denials of service. [1] Python dict and set types use hash tables to provide amortized constant time operations. Hash tables require a well-distributed hash function to spread data evenly across the hash table. The security issue is that an attacker could compute thousands of keys with colliding hashes; this causes quadratic algorithmic complexity when the hash table is constructed. To alleviate the problem, the new releases add randomization to the hashing of Python's string types (bytes/str in Python 3 and str/unicode in Python 2), datetime.date, and datetime.datetime. This prevents an attacker from computing colliding keys of these types without access to the Python process. Hash randomization causes the iteration order of dicts and sets to be unpredictable and differ across Python runs. Python has never guaranteed iteration order of keys in a dict or set,...

[RELEASED] Release candidates for Python 2.6.8, 2.7.3, 3.1.5, and 3.2.3
We're pleased to announce the immediate availability of release candidates for Python 2.6.8, 2.7.3, 3.1.5, and 3.2.3 . The main impetus for these releases is fixing a security issue in Python's hash based types, dict and set, as described below. Python 2.7.3 and 3.2.3 include the security patch and the normal set of bug fixes. Since Python 2.6 and 3.1 are maintained only for security issues, 2.6.8 and 3.1.5 contain only various security patches. The security issue exploits Python's dict and set implementations. Carefully crafted input can lead to extremely long computation times a...

[RELEASED] Second release candidates for Python 2.6.8, 2.7.3, 3.1.5, and 3.2.3
We're chuffed to announce the immediate availability of the second release candidates for Python 2.6.8, 2.7.3, 3.1.5, and 3.2.3. The only change from the first release candidates is the patching of an additional security hole. The security issue fixed in the second release candidates is in the expat XML parsing library. expat had the same hash security issue detailed below as Python's core types. The hashing algorithm used in the expat library is now randomized. A more thorough explanation of the "hash attack" security hole follows. The main impetus for these releases is fixing a security issue in Python's hash based types, dict and set, as described below. Python 2.7.3 and 3.2.3 include the security patch and the normal set of bug fixes. Since Python 2.6 and 3.1 are maintained only for security issues, 2.6.8 and 3.1.5 contain only various security patches. The security issue exploits Python's dict and set implementations. Carefully crafted input can lead to extremely long computation times and denials of service. [1] Python dict and set types use hash tables to provide amortized constant time operations. Hash tables require a well-distributed hash function to spread data evenly across the hash table. The security issue is that an attacker could compute thousands of keys with colliding hashes; this causes quadratic algorithmic complexity when the hash table is constructed. To alleviate the problem, the new releases add rando...

[RELEASED] Second release candidates for Python 2.6.8, 2.7.3, 3.1.5, and 3.2.3
We're chuffed to announce the immediate availability of the second release candidates for Python 2.6.8, 2.7.3, 3.1.5, and 3.2.3. The only change from the first release candidates is the patching of an additional security hole. The security issue fixed in the second release candidates is in the expat XML parsing library. expat had the same hash security issue detailed below as Python's core types. The hashing algorithm used in the expat library is now randomized. A more thorough explanation of the "hash attack" security hole follows. The main impetus for these releases is fi...

[Python-Dev] Python 2.6.6 release candidate 1 now available
--===============1831702267== Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Content-Disposition: inline _______________________________________________ Python-Dev mailing list Python-Dev@python.org http://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/python-dev Unsubscribe: http://mail.python.org/mailman/options/python-dev/barry%40python.org --===============1831702267==-- ...

[RELEASED] Python 2.7.1 release candidate 1 #2
On behalf of the Python development team, I'm chuffed to announce the a release candidate of Python 2.7.1. Please test the release candidate with your packages and report any bugs you find. 2.7.1 final is scheduled in two weeks. 2.7 includes many features that were first released in Python 3.1. The faster io module, the new nested with statement syntax, improved float repr, set literals, dictionary views, and the memoryview object have been backported from 3.1. Other features include an ordered dictionary implementation, unittests improvements, a new sysconfig module, auto-num...

RELEASED Python 2.4.2, release candidate 1
On behalf of the Python development team and the Python community, I'm happy to announce the release of Python 2.4.2 (release candidate 1). Python 2.4.2 is a bug-fix release. See the release notes at the website (also available as Misc/NEWS in the source distribution) for details of the more than 60 bugs squished in this release. Assuming no major problems crop up, a final release of Python 2.4.2 will follow in about a week's time. For more information on Python 2.4.2, including download links for various platforms, release notes, and known issues, please see: http://www.python.org/2.4.2 Highlights of this new release include: - Bug fixes. According to the release notes, more than 60 have been fixed, including bugs that prevented Python from working properly on 64 bit HP/UX and AIX systems. Highlights of the previous major Python release (2.4) are available from the Python 2.4 page, at http://www.python.org/2.4/highlights.html Enjoy the new release, Anthony Anthony Baxter anthony@python.org Python Release Manager (on behalf of the entire python-dev team) ...

RELEASED Python 2.5.2, release candidate 1
On behalf of the Python development team and the Python community, I'm happy to announce the release of Python 2.5.2 (release candidate 1). This is the second bugfix release of Python 2.5. Python 2.5 is now in bugfix-only mode; no new features are being added. According to the release notes, over 100 bugs and patches have been addressed since Python 2.5.1, many of them improving the stability of the interpreter, and improving its portability. For more information on Python 2.5.2, including download links for various platforms, release notes, and known issues, please see: http://www.python.org/2.5.2/ Highlights of this new release include: Bug fixes. According to the release notes, at least 100 have been fixed. Highlights of the previous major Python release (2.5) are available from the Python 2.5 page, at http://www.python.org/2.5/highlights.html Enjoy this release, Martin Martin v. Loewis martin@v.loewis.de Python Release Manager (on behalf of the entire python-dev team) ...

RELEASED Python 2.5.2, release candidate 1
On behalf of the Python development team and the Python community, I'm happy to announce the release of Python 2.5.2 (release candidate 1). This is the second bugfix release of Python 2.5. Python 2.5 is now in bugfix-only mode; no new features are being added. According to the release notes, over 100 bugs and patches have been addressed since Python 2.5.1, many of them improving the stability of the interpreter, and improving its portability. For more information on Python 2.5.2, including download links for various platforms, release notes, and known issues, please see: http://www.p...

[RELEASE] Python 2.7.2 release candidate 1
On behalf of the Python development team, I'm happy to announce the immediate availability of Python 2.7.2 release candidate 1. 2.7.2 is the second in bugfix release for the Python 2.7 series. 2.7 is the last major verison of the 2.x line and will be receiving bug fixes while new feature development focuses on 3.x. 2.7 includes many features that were first released in Python 3.1. The faster io module, the new nested with statement syntax, improved float repr, set literals, dictionary views, and the memoryview object have been backported from 3.1. Other features include an ordered dictionary implementation, unittests improvements, a new sysconfig module, auto-numbering of fields in the str/unicode format method, and support for ttk Tile in Tkinter. For a more extensive list of changes in 2.7, see http://doc.python.org/dev/whatsnew/2.7.html or Misc/NEWS in the Python distribution. To download Python 2.7.2rc1 visit: http://www.python.org/download/releases/2.7.1/ The 2.7.2 changelog is at: http://hg.python.org/cpython/file/439396b06416/Misc/NEWS 2.7 documentation can be found at: http://docs.python.org/2.7/ This is a preview release. Assuming no major problems, 2.7.2 will be released in two weeks. Please report any bugs you find to http://bugs.python.org/ Enjoy! -- Benjamin Peterson Release Manager benjamin at python.org (on behalf of the entire python-dev team and 2.7.2's contributors) ...

MySQLdb 1.2.2 + python 2.6.2
Hi all, Are MySQLdb 1.2.2 and python 2.6.2 compatible? I went to http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=22307, it doesn't say it is compatible or not. When trying to install MySQLdb 1.2.2 on my machine which is running python 2.6.2 and windows XP, I get this error below. I am able to install MySQLdb 1.2.2 successfully on another machine which is running python 2.5.4 and windows XP. Please help if you have any idea. C:\temp>easy_install MySQL_python-1.2.2-py2.5-win32.egg Processing MySQL_python-1.2.2-py2.5-win32.egg Removing c:\python26\lib\site-packages\MySQL_python-...

RELEASED Python 2.3.2, release candidate 1
On behalf of the Python development team and the Python community, I'm happy to announce the release of Python 2.3.2 (release candidate 1). Python 2.3.2 is a bug-fix release, to repair a couple of build problems and packaging errors in Python 2.3.1. Assuming no major problems crop up, a final release of Python 2.3.2 will follow later this week. For more information on Python 2.3.2, including download links for various platforms, release notes, and known issues, please see: http://www.python.org/2.3.2 Highlights of this new release include: - A bug in autoconf that broke buildin...

[...]

RELEASED Python 2.4.1, release candidate 2
--nextPart1436630.CCvZrgfS7P Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Content-Disposition: inline On behalf of the Python development team and the Python community, I'm happy to announce the release of Python 2.4.1 (release candidate 2). Python 2.4.1 is a bug-fix release. See the release notes at the website (also available as Misc/NEWS in the source distribution) for details of the bugs squished in this release. Assuming no major problems crop up, a final release of Python 2.4.1 will be out around the 29th of March - straight...

RELEASED Python 2.4.2, release candidate 1
On behalf of the Python development team and the Python community, I'm happy to announce the release of Python 2.4.2 (release candidate 1). Python 2.4.2 is a bug-fix release. See the release notes at the website (also available as Misc/NEWS in the source distribution) for details of the more than 60 bugs squished in this release. Assuming no major problems crop up, a final release of Python 2.4.2 will follow in about a week's time. For more information on Python 2.4.2, including download links for various platforms, release notes, and known issues, please see: http://www.py...

[ANN] Python 2.4.6 and 2.5.3, release candidate 1
On behalf of the Python development team and the Python community, I'm happy to announce the release candidates of Python 2.4.6 and 2.5.3. 2.5.3 is the last bug fix release of Python 2.5. Future 2.5.x releases will only include security fixes. According to the release notes, over 100 bugs and patches have been addressed since Python 2.5.1, many of them improving the stability of the interpreter, and improving its portability. 2.4.6 includes only a small number of security fixes. Python 2.6 is the latest version of Python, we're making this release for people who are still running Pyt...

[ANN] Python 2.4.6 and 2.5.3, release candidate 1
On behalf of the Python development team and the Python community, I'm happy to announce the release candidates of Python 2.4.6 and 2.5.3. 2.5.3 is the last bug fix release of Python 2.5. Future 2.5.x releases will only include security fixes. According to the release notes, over 100 bugs and patches have been addressed since Python 2.5.1, many of them improving the stability of the interpreter, and improving its portability. 2.4.6 includes only a small number of security fixes. Python 2.6 is the latest version of Python, we're making this release for people who are still running Python 2.4. See the release notes at the website (also available as Misc/NEWS in the source distribution) for details of bugs fixed; most of them prevent interpreter crashes (and now cause proper Python exceptions in cases where the interpreter may have crashed before). Assuming no major problems crop up, a final release of Python 2.4.6 and 2.5.3 will follow in about a week's time. For more information on Python 2.4.6 and 2.5.3, including download links for various platforms, release notes, and known issues, please see: http://www.python.org/2.4.6 http://www.python.org/2.5.3 Highlights of the previous major Python releases are available from the Python 2.5 page, at http://www.python.org/2.4/highlights.html http://www.python.org/2.5/highlights.html Enjoy this release, Martin Martin v. Loewis martin@v.loewis.de Python Release ...

Python 2.6.6 release candidate 2 now available.
--Sig_/PKNvWqaBpeuTGYhtjU=bb5A Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello fellow Python enthusiasts, The source tarballs and Windows installers for the second (and hopefully la= st) Python 2.6.6 release candidate is now available: http://www.python.org/download/releases/2.6.6/ We've had a handful of important fixes since rc1, and of course a huge numb= er of bugs have been fixed since 2.6.5, with the full NEWS file available here: http://www.python.org/download/releases/2.6.6/NEWS.txt We would love it if you can download, inst...

RE: RELEASED Python 2.3.4, release candidate 1 #2
> >WINDOWS >... Windows users may also be >interested in Mark Hammond's win32all, a collection of >Windows-specific extensions including COM support and Pythonwin, an >IDE built using Windows components. > PS... I have moral and ethical arguments against this. I believe it's = just plain WRONG to use a language like Python or Java or even C#/.NET = and RELY on platform specific "extensions". If it ain't cross platform, then it's VB. $.02/MHO Hornberger, Chris wrote: >>WINDOWS >>... Windows users may also be >>interested in ...

Released: Python 2.6.9 release candidate 1
Hello Pythoneers and Pythonistas, I'm happy to announce the availability of Python 2.6.9 release candidate 1. Python 2.6.9rc1 is a security-fix source-only release for Python 2.6. This means that general bug maintenance has ended, and only critical security issues are being fixed. It also means that no installers for Windows or Mac OS X will be provided. The last binary release of Python 2.6 was 2.6.6. Python 2.6.9 final is currently scheduled for Monday, October 28, 2013. Five years after the original release of Python 2.6, the 2.6.9 final release will be the last release of the Python 2.6 series. After this, all official maintenance of any kind for Python 2.6 will cease and the series will be retired. For ongoing maintenance, please see Python 2.7. Since 2.6.9 will be the last Python 2.6 release ever, I ask that you please download Python 2.6.9rc1, build it on your favorite platforms, and test it with your favorite code. You can report bugs to the Python bug tracker: http://bugs.python.org The source can be download from: http://www.python.org/download/releases/2.6.9/ You can also see what's changed since Python 2.6.8: http://www.python.org/download/releases/2.6.9/NEWS.txt Many thanks go out to the entire Python community for their contributions and help in making Python 2.6.9 available, especially Jyrki Pulliainen for his patch contributions. Enjoy, -Barry (on behalf of the Python development commun...

RELEASED Python 2.3.6, release candidate 1
--nextPart2415488.O9P4io7Ybp Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Content-Disposition: inline On behalf of the Python development team and the Python community, I'm announcing the release of Python 2.3.6 (release candidate 1). Python 2.3.6 is a security bug-fix release. While Python 2.5 is the latest version of Python, we're making this release for people who are still running Python 2.3. Unlike the recently released 2.4.4, this release only contains a small handful of security-related bugfixes. See the website for more....

[RELEASE] Python 2.7.6 release candidate 1
I'm happy to announce the availability of Python 2.7.6 release candidate 1. Most importantly, this release candidate resolves crashes of the interactive interpreter on OS X 10.9. It also includes the usual collection of bugfixes over 2.7.5. These are described in excruciating detail in the Misc/NEWS file of the source tarball. You can view it online at http://hg.python.org/cpython/raw-file/9750acbf7c40/Misc/NEWS Downloads are at http://python.org/download/releases/2.7.6/ As always, please test the release and report bugs to http://bugs.python.org/ With any luck, the final release will follow in a week. Enjoy, Benjamin Peterson 2.7 Release Manager ...

Web resources about - RELEASED Python 2.6.2 candidate 1 - comp.lang.python.announce

Candidate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For Nominee redirects here. For the financial term, see Nominee account , see Candidate (disambiguation) . In the context of elections for public ...

Question of the day: Best electric sleeper candidate?
... swap, into which vehicle, would give you the best electric sleeper? Continue reading Question of the day: Best electric sleeper candidate? ...

Is Hillary Clinton An NRA Candidate After All? Worse
... shameful career in politics. No one who knows anything about her would deny she would take money from any source. (Unlike less dishonest candidates, ...

National poll reveals where candidates stand on Super Tuesday
Trump trounces the rest of the GOP field, while Clinton maintains a 10-point lead over Sanders

Who's the best candidate to run the US economy?
As a dozen states hold presidential contests, who do you think is the best candidate to run the US economy?

This Rapper Just Revealed Which Candidate He’s Supporting For President
This Rapper Just Revealed Which Candidate He’s Supporting For President

Ted Cruz: God wants the other candidates to drop out
... also-rans to check in with t heir maker and do the right thing—clear the way for him to be destroyed one-on-one against Trump. "For the candidates ...

An Incredibly Dorky Look At Each Presidential Candidate's Technology Stack
Which candidate has the most cookies? Who's using MailChimp? Let's dig into the details beneath the campaign sites. The prevailing media narrative ...

A Political Candidate Who Tells It Like It Is
Sometimes the politician who tells it like it is is a fraught choice.

ROMNEY, TRUMP FEUD ERUPTS Mitt calls Donald 'a phony, a fraud', says voters being taken for 'suckers' ...
ROMNEY, TRUMP FEUD ERUPTS Mitt calls Donald 'a phony, a fraud', says voters being taken for 'suckers'; Trump: Romney's a 'failed candidate'