Sphinx 1.4 released

Hi all,

I'm very happy to announce the release of Sphinx 1.4-final available on the
Python package index at <http://pypi.python.org/pypi/Sphinx/1.4>.

Sphinx-1.4 includes many updates from 1.3.6 version:

* 49 features
* 17 incompatible changes
* 40 fixes of bugs/buglets

For the full changelog, go to <http://www.sphinx-doc.org/en/1.4/changes.html
>.
Thanks to all coraborators and contributers!

What's new in 1.4 (short version)?
=================================

Features added
--------------

* I18N: figure substitutions by language and figure_language_filename
* Config: suppress_warnings to suppress arbitrary warning message
(experimental)
* Directive: glossary term supports grouping key for index entries by using
classifier syntax (experimental)
* Directive: Support Imgmath (pngmath with svg support).
* Builder: XeTeX and LuaTeX for the LaTeX builder.
* Builder: Add the ``dummy`` builder: syntax check without output.
* Builder: Add EPUB 3 builder (experimental)
* Search: Chinese language search index.
* Search: Japanese language search index by using Janome
* Search: splitter customization for Japanese language search index
* Domain: cpp domain improvements
* Ext: Add sphinx.ext.githubpages to publish the docs on GitHub Pages
* Ext: Add ``sphinx.ext.autosectionlabel`` extension to allow reference
  sections using its title.
* API: Add Sphinx.add_source_parser() to add source_suffix and
source_parsers from extension
* Image recognition by using  ``imagesize`` package w/o PIL/Pillow

Incompatible changes
--------------------

* manpage writer: don't make whole of item in definition list bold if it
includes strong node.
* Remove hint message from quick search box for html output.
* sphinx_rtd_theme has become optional. Please install it manually.
* :confval:`html_extra_path` also copies dotfiles in the extra directory,
and
  refers to :confval:`exclude_patterns` to exclude extra files and
directories.
* Under glossary directive, each terms are converted into individual
``term`` nodes and ``termsep`` node is removed.
  By this change, output layout of every builders are changed a bit.
* The default highlight language is now Python 3.  This means that source
code
  is highlighted as Python 3 (which is mostly a superset of Python 2), and
no
  parsing is attempted to distinguish valid code.
* `Locale Date Markup Language
  <http://unicode.org/reports/tr35/tr35-dates.html#Date_Format_Patterns>`_
like
  ``"MMMM dd, YYYY"`` is default forma for `today_fmt` and
`html_last_updated_fmt`.
  However strftime format like ``"%B %d, %Y"`` is also supported for
backward
  compatibility until Sphinx-1.5. Later format will be disabled from
Sphinx-1.5.

What is it?
===========

Sphinx is a tool that makes it easy to create intelligent and beautiful
documentation for Python projects (or other documents consisting of
multiple reStructuredText source files).

Website: http://sphinx-doc.org/
IRC: #sphinx-doc on irc.freenode.net

Enjoy!
--
Takayuki SHIMIZUKAWA
http://about.me/shimizukawa

[RELEASED] Python 3.2.4 rc 1 and Python 3.3.1 rc 1

[RELEASED] Python 3.2.4 rc 1 and Python 3.3.1 rc 1

RELEASED Python 2.4.1, release candidate 1
--nextPart9283459.QEzjqcje3T Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Content-Disposition: inline On behalf of the Python development team and the Python community, I'm happy to announce the release of Python 2.4.1 (release candidate 1). Python 2.4.1 is a bug-fix release. See the release notes at the website (also available as Misc/NEWS in the source distribution) for details of the bugs squished in this release. Assuming no major problems crop up, a final release of Python 2.4.1 will follow in about a week's time.=20 =46o...

RELEASED Python 2.4.4, release candidate 1
--nextPart1335588.FbG7Pl8usD Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Content-Disposition: inline On behalf of the Python development team and the Python community,=20 I'm happy to announce the release of Python 2.4.4 (release candidate 1). Python 2.4.4 is a bug-fix release. While Python 2.5 is the latest=20 version of Python, we're making this release for people who are=20 still running Python 2.4. See the release notes at the website (also available as Misc/NEWS in the source distribution) for details of the more than 80 bugs squished in this release, including a number found by the Coverity and Klocwork static analysis tools. We'd like to offer our thanks to both these=20 companies for making this available for open source projects. * Python 2.4.4 contains a fix for PSF-2006-001, a buffer overrun * * in repr() of unicode strings in wide unicode (UCS-4) builds. * * See http://www.python.org/news/security/PSF-2006-001/ for more. * Assuming no major problems crop up, a final release of Python 2.4.4 will follow in about a week's time. This will be the last planned release in the Python 2.4 series - future maintenance releases will be in the 2.5=20 line. =46or more information on Python 2.4.4, including download links for various platforms, release notes, and known issues, please see: http://www.python.org/2.4.4/ Highlights of this new release in...

RELEASED Python 2.4, release candidate 1
--nextPart4514361.OGEV0FUxn4 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Content-Disposition: inline On behalf of the Python development team and the Python community, I'm happy to announce the first release candidate of Python 2.4. Python 2.4c1 is a release candidate - we'd greatly appreciate it if you could download it, kick the tires and let us know of any problems you find, but it is probably not suitable for production usage. At this point, we're particularly interested in build bugs. If you could grab the source archive, build it and then run the test suite, we'd appreciate it. http://www.python.org/2.4 Notable changes in rc1 include a handful of bug fixes, including a thread shutdown race bug. See either the highlights, the What's New in Python 2.4, or the detailed NEWS file -- all available from the Python 2.4 webpage. This is the first release candidate of Python 2.4. Python 2.4 is now close to release - there should be few or no new features, merely bug fixes. Assuming no problems, we're looking at a final release around the end of November (if there are problems, there will be another release candidate). Please log any problems you have with this release in the SourceForge bug tracker (noting that you're using 2.4c1): http://sourceforge.net/bugs/?group_id=5470 Enjoy the new release, Anthony Anthony Baxter anthony@python.org Python Release...

Announcing ooRexx 4.1.1 Release Candidate
-------- Original Message -------- Subject: [Oorexx-devel] Announcing ooRexx 4.1.1 Release Candidate Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2012 20:21:48 -0700 From: Mark Miesfeld <miesfeld@gmail.com> Reply-To: Open Object Rexx Developer Mailing List <oorexx-devel@lists.sourceforge.net> To: Open Object Rexx Announcements <oorexx-announce@lists.sourceforge.net>, ooRexx Dev List <oorexx-devel@lists.sourceforge.net>, Open Object Rexx Users <oorexx-users@lists.sourceforge.net>, RexxLA <rexxla-members@mail.rexxla.org> A release candidate for ooRexx 4.1.1 is available now on SourceForge at: http://sourceforge.net/projects/oorexx/files/oorexx/4.1.1.release.candidate/ Two additional bugs were fixed since the ooRexx 4.1.1 beta 2 was put on SourceForge. Because of that, a release candidate build was done. This cycle is expected to be short. If no bugs are reported in 10 to 14 days, an official release will be done. Please do test the release candidate. If any bugs are found report them in the standard way, by opening up a bug tracker item at: http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=119701&atid=684730 Thank you, The ooRexx Project Team ...

RELEASED Python 2.4, release candidate 1
--nextPart4514361.OGEV0FUxn4 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Content-Disposition: inline On behalf of the Python development team and the Python community, I'm happy to announce the first release candidate of Python 2.4. Python 2.4c1 is a release candidate - we'd greatly appreciate it if you could download it, kick the tires and let us know of any problems you find, but it is probably not suitable for production usage. At this point, we're particularly interested in build bugs. If you could grab the source archive, build it...

[RELEASED] Python 3.4.0 release candidate 1
On behalf of the Python development team, I'm delighted to announce the first release candidate of Python 3.4. This is a preview release, and its use is not recommended for production settings. Python 3.4 includes a range of improvements of the 3.x series, including hundreds of small improvements and bug fixes. Major new features and changes in the 3.4 release series include: * PEP 428, a "pathlib" module providing object-oriented filesystem paths * PEP 435, a standardized "enum" module * PEP 436, a build enhancement that will help generate introspection information for builtins * PEP 442, improved semantics for object finalization * PEP 443, adding single-dispatch generic functions to the standard library * PEP 445, a new C API for implementing custom memory allocators * PEP 446, changing file descriptors to not be inherited by default in subprocesses * PEP 450, a new "statistics" module * PEP 451, standardizing module metadata for Python's module import system * PEP 453, a bundled installer for the *pip* package manager * PEP 454, a new "tracemalloc" module for tracing Python memory allocations * PEP 456, a new hash algorithm for Python strings and binary data * PEP 3154, a new and improved protocol for pickled objects * PEP 3156, a new "asyncio" module, a new framework for asynchronous I/O Python 3.4 is now in "feature freeze", meaning that no new f...

RELEASED Python 2.4.2, release candidate 1
On behalf of the Python development team and the Python community, I'm happy to announce the release of Python 2.4.2 (release candidate 1). Python 2.4.2 is a bug-fix release. See the release notes at the website (also available as Misc/NEWS in the source distribution) for details of the more than 60 bugs squished in this release. Assuming no major problems crop up, a final release of Python 2.4.2 will follow in about a week's time. For more information on Python 2.4.2, including download links for various platforms, release notes, and known issues, please see: http://www.python.org/2.4.2 Highlights of this new release include: - Bug fixes. According to the release notes, more than 60 have been fixed, including bugs that prevented Python from working properly on 64 bit HP/UX and AIX systems. Highlights of the previous major Python release (2.4) are available from the Python 2.4 page, at http://www.python.org/2.4/highlights.html Enjoy the new release, Anthony Anthony Baxter anthony@python.org Python Release Manager (on behalf of the entire python-dev team) ...

RELEASED Python 2.4.2, release candidate 1
On behalf of the Python development team and the Python community, I'm happy to announce the release of Python 2.4.2 (release candidate 1). Python 2.4.2 is a bug-fix release. See the release notes at the website (also available as Misc/NEWS in the source distribution) for details of the more than 60 bugs squished in this release. Assuming no major problems crop up, a final release of Python 2.4.2 will follow in about a week's time. For more information on Python 2.4.2, including download links for various platforms, release notes, and known issues, please see: http://www.py...

RELEASED Python 2.4.1, release candidate 2
--nextPart1436630.CCvZrgfS7P Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Content-Disposition: inline On behalf of the Python development team and the Python community, I'm happy to announce the release of Python 2.4.1 (release candidate 2). Python 2.4.1 is a bug-fix release. See the release notes at the website (also available as Misc/NEWS in the source distribution) for details of the bugs squished in this release. Assuming no major problems crop up, a final release of Python 2.4.1 will be out around the 29th of March - straight...

[...]

[ciao-users] Announcing the release of the new beta (ACE-5.4.8, TAO-1.4.8 and CIAO-0.4.8)
[The following is on behalf of the PrismTech build-czars!] Hi, We are pleased to announce a new beta of ACE-5.4.8, TAO-1.4.8, and CIAO-0.4.8. We are currently working hard on the long-awaited x.5 release, which is slated to appear in early 2006. We therefore wanted to get this new beta out to fix several important bugs reported by our users, which we greatly appreciate as always. We've added a number of sub-setting improvements that reduce the static/dynamic footprint of ACE+TAO significantly (www.dre.vanderbilt.edu/Stats has all the details). We've also finally added support for Real-time CCM to CIAO and DAnCE. This beta is contains the results of our major footprint reduction effort that started in the summer of 2004. Between August 1st 2004 and October 14th 2005 the footprint reduction for the ORB_Init application has been 20%. Dependent on the parts of TAO you use the reduction can even be more. This reduction is inclusive all the extensions that have been made to TAO the last year. Interested users should check out http://www.dre.vanderbilt.edu/Stats/ for more details. Note that the footprint has increased slightly again due to emulated exceptions having been disabled in favour of native C++ exceptions in all stats builds. We have deprecated support for emulated exceptions since there are no sponsors for this configuration. If you require emulated exceptions please contact one of the companies listed in http://w...

[ace-users] Announcing the release of the new beta (ACE-5.4.8, TAO-1.4.8 and CIAO-0.4.8)
[...]

[tao-users] Announcing the release of the new beta (ACE-5.4.8, TAO-1.4.8 and CIAO-0.4.8)
[...]

[sphinx-users] [sphinx-dev] Sphinx 1.2 beta 1 released

RE: RELEASED Python 2.3.4, release candidate 1 #3
""" What gives you the right to say this? *I'm offended.* Speaking of moral and ethics, there seem to be other things to care about, especially these days. Thomas """ Ok, so perhaps "moral" and "ethical" is slightly strong. Sheesh. Levity. Point being, if the developers of Python (and Perl and .... so on) spent = so much time and energy creating something cross platform, it should be = used thusly. I'm not saying it's "evil" not to do so, I'm saying that if = you NEED platform-specific tools (which, let's be h...

[News] Skype 1.4 for Linux Released; KDE 4.0 Contest Announced
Skype 1.4 for Linux is here! ,----[ Quote ] | Following in the footsteps of the Great Cucumber and The Salad Sandwich comes | Panacea, the Greek goddess of cures. That’s the codename for our latest Linux | release, which went public today as Skype 1.4 for Linux. `---- http://share.skype.com/sites/linux/2007/10/skype_14_for_linux_final_is_released.html KDE 4.0 Release Event Contest ,----[ Quote ] | The KDE 4.0 Release Event Team is pleased to announce a contest for the KDE | 4.0 Release Event. `---- http://dot.kde.org/1191506286/ Recent: Announcing the KDE 4.0 Release Event ,----...

Leo 4.4.1 beta 1 released
Leo 4.4.1 beta 1 is now available at: http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=3458&package_id=29106 Leo is a text editor, data organizer, project manager and much more. See: http://webpages.charter.net/edreamleo/intro.html The highlights of Leo 4.4.1: ---------------------------- - A new colorizer plugin controlled by jEdit language description files. At present this plugin only reliably colors @language python code. - Multiple editors in Leo's body pane. - Search commands now support regex replace patterns: \1, \2, etc. - Support for external debuggers: see http://w...

[RELEASED] Python 3.1 Release Candidate 1
On behalf of the Python development team, I'm happy to announce the first release candidate of Python 3.1. Python 3.1 focuses on the stabilization and optimization of the features and changes that Python 3.0 introduced. For example, the new I/O system has been rewritten in C for speed. File system APIs that use unicode strings now handle paths with undecodable bytes in them. Other features include an ordered dictionary implementation, a condensed syntax for nested with statements, and support for ttk Tile in Tkinter. For a more extensive list of changes in 3.1, see http://doc.python.or...

[ace-announce] R2CORBA 1.4.1 released. Now provides Ruby Gem support!
Remedy IT is pleased to announce the release of version 1.4.1 of R2CORBA, an implementation of the Ruby CORBA Language mapping (RCLM). This software is provided as Open Source. The most important changes in this release are: * Replacement of the 'old' setup.rb based build system by a Rake based build system * Added support for distribution/installation of R2CORBA as a Ruby Gem * Added new r2corba tool script. Currently provides support for running included regression tests after gem installation. * all fixes for OSPortal issues * and more (see the CHANGES document in the distribution) Try it out! This is the easiest to install (R2)CORBA product in existence. Just execute 'gem install r2corba' and start working.[1] Read the installation instructions at https://osportal.remedy.nl/projects/r2corba/wiki/R2CPG_Ch2_IR for more details. R2CORBA provides a 100% OMG RCLM compliant CORBA implementation for MRI and JRuby running on Windows (32bit and 64bit) and Linux (32bit and 64bit) featuring: * 100% native Ruby IDL compiler; * support for direct IDL inclusion in Ruby code; * support for Ruby CORBA clients; * support for Ruby CORBA servants; * support for all IDL defined datatypes; * and more... You can read more about R2CORBA and the RCLM at the Wiki of the R2CORBA project at http://osportal.remedy.nl/projects/r2corba. You can also browse the code repository there at https://osportal.remedy.nl/projects/r2corba/repository. ...

ANNOUNCE: Release 2 of the DJGPP port of GNU Gawk 4.1.1 uploaded (DJGPP 2.05 only).
This is a port of GNU Gawk 4.1.1 to MSDOS/DJGPP. GNU Gawk is an interpreter for text scanning and processing language named Awk. It is specifically suited for programs that process text files one line at a time, but can also be used for much more complex tasks. DJGPP specific changes. ======================= - There are no DJGPP specific user visible changes. - This is the first port that has been compiled using djdev205. Starting with this port version I will no longer support neither djdev204 nor djdev203. - The port has been tested by u...

build jdk 1.3.1 or 1.4.1 on freebsd 5.1-release :(
Hi, I'm not able to build sun java jdk 1.3.1 on FreeBSD 5.1 release, here is the error message: ===> Applying FreeBSD patches for jdk-1.3.1p8_2 ===> jdk-1.3.1p8_2 depends on executable: gm4 - found ===> jdk-1.3.1p8_2 depends on executable: zip - found ===> jdk-1.3.1p8_2 depends on file: /usr/X11R6/lib/libXm.so - found ===> jdk-1.3.1p8_2 depends on executable: msgfmt - found ===> jdk-1.3.1p8_2 depends on file: /usr/local/diablo-jdk1.3.1/bin/javac - not found ===> Verifying install for /usr/local/diablo-jdk1.3.1/bin/javac in /usr/ports/java/diablo-jdk13 ===> diablo-jdk-1.3.1.0 : Because of licensing restrictions, you must fetch the distribution manually. Please access http://www.FreeBSDFoundation.org/cgi-bin/download.cgi?package=diablo-caffe-1.3.1-0.tar.bz2 with a web browser and "Accept" the End User License Agreement for "Caffe Diablo ". Please place the downloaded diablo-caffe-1.3.1-0.tar.bz2 in /usr/ports/distfiles. ..*** Error code 1 Stop in /usr/ports/java/diablo-jdk13. *** Error code 1 Stop in /usr/ports/java/jdk13. ----------------------------------------------------- It 's mentionned that I should download diablo-caffe-1.3.1etc... but this release is not for FreeBSD5 So I tried to install jdk 1.4.1 and here is the output: ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ External File/Binary Locations: HOTSPOT_SERVER_PAT...

[RELEASED] Python 3.1.3 release candidate 1
On behalf of the Python development team, I'm gladsome to announce a release candidate of the third bugfix release for the Python 3.1 series, Python 3.1.3. This bug fix release fixes numerous issues found in 3.1.2. Please try it with your packages and report any bugs you find. The final of 3.1.3 is scheduled to be released in two weeks. The Python 3.1 version series focuses on the stabilization and optimization of the features and changes that Python 3.0 introduced. For example, the new I/O system has been rewritten in C for speed. File system APIs that use unicode strings ...

Web resources about - Sphinx 1.4 released - comp.lang.python.announce

Paper Aircraft Released Into Space - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
at a location about 120 miles west of Madrid, Spain, a team of British space enthusiasts. On 13 September 2014, a group of cadets from Fox Valley ...

Firefox 17 Released, Complete With Social API, Facebook Messenger
The new Social API from Firefox is out of beta, as Mozilla released Firefox 17 , complete with the application-programming interface’s integration ...

Senator Reid has been released from the... - Senator Harry Reid - Facebook
Senator Reid has been released from the hospital and is back at home with his wife, Landra. As previously stated, he went to the hospital as ...

Facebook suggests upcoming events and recently released albums in News Feed
Some Facebook users are seeing stories about upcoming events and recently released albums in their News Feeds, we’ve found. The new stories ...

Search Twitter - Released
Log in Sign up You are on Twitter Mobile because you are using an old version of Internet Explorer. Learn more here Search Refresh Jakob Delgado ...

→ 5by5 Radio app released
Nice app to listen to our shows live, and buying it is a great way to support 5by5. We discussed its features and design decisions in the last ...

Video Released In Officer-Involved Shooting Of Homeless Man - YouTube
Monroe, LA - Prosecutors in Louisiana released a security video Thursday of the shooting a homeless man by a West Monroe police officer in December. ...

Men arrested in London attack on Emiratis released - The National
Metropolitan Police in the UK said the men will return on bail in June and be reinterviewed.

Balloon Released From Cisco Found Over 900 Miles Away in Ohio
Big Country Homepage Balloon Released From Cisco Found Over 900 Miles Away in Ohio Big Country Homepage Copyright 2016 Nexstar Broadcasting, ...

Kiran Leonard released ambitious new LP 'Grapefruit'
UK musician Kiran Leonard just released his new album, Grapefruit, via Moshi Moshi. It's a varied and highly ambitious work, that ranges from ...