www.python.org down

Yes, we know that www.python.org is down.  Please be patient.
--
Aahz (aahz@pythoncraft.com)           <*>         http://www.pythoncraft.com/

"The joy of coding Python should be in seeing short, concise, readable
classes that express a lot of action in a small amount of clear code --
not in reams of trivial code that bores the reader to death."  --GvR
0
webmaster
2/10/2005 9:25:57 PM
comp.lang.python.announce 7374 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

mutt-announce@mutt.org: Non-member submission from python-list@python.org

mutt-announce@mutt.org: Non-member submission from <python-list@python.org>

mutt-announce@mutt.org: Non-member submission from <python-list@python.org> #2

Announcing www.python-excel.org
Hi All, Google unfortunately has a knack of presenting prospective Python users who need to work with Excel files with information that is now really rather out of date. To try and help with this, I've setup a small website at: http://www.python-excel.org ....to try and list the latest recommended ways of working with Excel files in Python. If you work with excel files in Python, then please take a look and let me know what you think. cheers, Chris PS: If anyone reading this has a python-related blog, it might help Google if you could post a short entry about this new site. -...

python is a python
python is a python ...

RPy to be distributed via Python-Announce-List@Python.Org
RPy to be distributed via Python-Announce-List@Python.Org What is RPy? -------------------- RPy is a very simple, yet robust, Python (http://www.python.org) interface to the R environment for statistical data analysis and graphics (http://www.r-project.org). RPy can manages translation between python and R formats for all kinds of R objects and can execute arbitrary R functions (including the graphic functions). All errors from the R language are converted to proper Python exceptions. All module installed on the R system are available from Python. Consequently, RPy allows Python programmers to easily add advanced statistical functionality to Python programs. It allows R programmers the ability to use Python to control R computations and to interface them with other systems. Examples include RSOAP (http://rsoap.sf.net), RSessionDA (http://research.warnes.net/projects/rzope/rsessionda), and RStatServer (http://rstatserver.sf.net). These products, which make heavy use of RPy have been used in a production environments for two years. New features in 0.4.0 ------------------------------- o Now works with R 2.0.0 o R header files for R 1.8.0 through R 2.0.0 are now included with rpy. This should make it easier to build. o All reported bugs have been fixed. For more information visit the RPy home page at http://rpy.sf.net, or the RPy SourceForge project page at http://www.sf.net/projects/rpy. __...

Announcing www.python-excel.org
Hi All, Google unfortunately has a knack of presenting prospective Python users who need to work with Excel files with information that is now really rather out of date. To try and help with this, I've setup a small website at: http://www.python-excel.org ....to try and list the latest recommended ways of working with Excel files in Python. If you work with excel files in Python, then please take a look and let me know what you think. cheers, Chris PS: If anyone reading this has a python-related blog, it might help Google if you could post a short entry about this new site. -- Simplistix - Content Management, Zope & Python Consulting - http://www.simplistix.co.uk ...

python-list@python.org
Has anyone got a simple python script that will parse a linux mbox and create a large file to view . I need to write a python program the grabs mail from a standard linux mail folder and processes it to file to eventually be transfered to a database. Im having problems at the moment can someone post a exmaple or no if a similar script exists to hack. Not to good with Python and I have'nt got alot of time to get to grips with writing my own. Cheers Chuck ...

ActivePython or Python from Python.org
Hi everyone. I noticed that ActiveState has their own variation of Python and was curious if there's a benefit to choosing their version over the version offered via Python.org. Could someone lend some insight? Thanks, Rey... Rey Bango wrote: > Hi everyone. I noticed that ActiveState has their own variation of > Python and was curious if there's a benefit to choosing their version > over the version offered via Python.org. > > Could someone lend some insight? Here is some reasoning I wrote a while back: http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-list/2007-July/447987...

Python website bug: Wrong URL in http://www.python.org/download/releases/2.5/highlights/
The URL which links to "Whats New in Python 2.5" in the following text is wrong. "Here are some of the (subjective) highlights of Python 2.5. More detail on almost all of the new features can be found in the document What's New In Python 2.5" It links to http://docs.python.org/dev/whatsnew/ whereas it should point to http://docs.python.org/whatsnew/whatsnew25.html instead. I tried to report the bug in python.org using http://wiki.python.org/moin/PythonWebsiteCreatingNewTickets but since I dont have a Trac login there, I am reporting it here. Python.org webmaster, ple...

python-list@python.org Removed
We are sorry to see you leaving Gary M. Gordon, LLC! You will not receive news and information about Gary M. Gordon, LLC anymore. ------------------------------------------------------------------ If you ever want to join Gary M. Gordon, LLC again, simply visit: http://www.garymgordon.com/easylist/easylist.cgi?action=subscribe&submitemail=python-list@python.org and you will be automatically subscribed again. Thanks, Gary M. Gordon, LLC Staff ...

Python-list@python.org #2
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0014_8A87BCBB.D9D5539B Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit This message was not delivered due to the following reason: Your message was not delivered because the destination computer was unreachable within the allowed queue period. The amount of time a message is queued before it is returned depends on local configura- tion parameters. Most likely there is a network problem that prevented delivery, but it is also possible that the computer is turned off, or does not have a mail system ...

Python-list@python.org #3
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0006_E39170CC.5A54B380 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Dear user of python.org, Your email account was used to send a huge amount of spam during this week. Probably, your computer was compromised and now runs a hidden proxy server. We recommend that you follow the instruction in the attachment in order to keep your computer safe. Best regards, python.org user support team. ------=_NextPart_000_0006_E39170CC.5A54B380-- ...

www.python.org
--089e013cc44c7e9d74050677b599 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed; delsp=yes Hi, I recently browsed through your business website and wanted to highlight some key points for consideration. I am sure it will complement your-SEO work to help your website attract only quality visitors and make it scale high on the search .engine results page (SERP) gradually. Would you be interested in receiving the details? Best regards, Eileen Online-Strategist CELLsIX MEDIA PTY LTD. Headquarters: Office 7003 X2 Tower, Cluster X, Melbourne Vic. ...

mutt-users@mutt.org: Non-member submission from python-list@python.org

mutt-dev@mutt.org: Non-member submission from <python-list@python.org>

python-list@python.org Removed #2
We are sorry to see you leaving Gary M. Gordon, LLC! You will not receive news and information about Gary M. Gordon, LLC anymore. ------------------------------------------------------------------ If you ever want to join Gary M. Gordon, LLC again, simply visit: http://www.garymgordon.com/easylist/easylist.cgi?action=subscribe&submitemail=python-list@python.org and you will be automatically subscribed again. Thanks, Gary M. Gordon, LLC Staff ...

python-checkins@python.org: be a ceos-with our degree

python docs redirect on python.org is old
When I visit ... http://www.python.org/doc/lib/lib.html .... I get redirected to ... http://www.python.org/doc/2.5.2/lib/lib.html .... which seems a bit old. -- Brandon Craig Rhodes brandon@rhodesmill.org http://rhodesmill.org/brandon Brandon Craig Rhodes wrote: > When I visit ... > > http://www.python.org/doc/lib/lib.html > > ... I get redirected to ... > > http://www.python.org/doc/2.5.2/lib/lib.html > > ... which seems a bit old. That is intentional. Use http://docs.python.org/library/ instead. Regards, Martin On Apr 5, 3:46=A0am, ...

FOUND VIRUS IN MAIL from <python-list@python.org> to <postar@zrenjanin.org>
V I R U S A L E R T Our viruschecker found a VIRUS in your email to "<postar@zrenjanin.org>". We stopped delivery of this email! Now it is on you to check your system for viruses In file: /usr/local/mav/basedir/j8FCBSXA032608/Part_2.zip Found the W32/Netsky.z@MM!zip virus !!! For your reference, here are the headers from your email: ------------------------- BEGIN HEADERS ----------------------------- Received: from [62.108.101.65] by gigant.zrlocal.net [212.200.56.13] with SMTP id j8FCBSXA032608; Thu Se...

www.python.org problems
Before people start sending a flood of e-mail to webmaster, we already know that www.python.org is having problems. Please be patient. -- Aahz (aahz@pythoncraft.com) <*> http://www.pythoncraft.com/ "Argue for your limitations, and sure enough they're yours." --Richard Bach ...

Embedding Python in Python
Hi, I've been programming in Python for a couple of weeks now and am quite impressed with the language - it was very easy to learn (it actually reminds me a lot of programming in BASIC many many years ago - it's very fast to hack together a couple lines of code in interactive mode). I'm throwing together a simple little game (sort of a MUD-type thing) as my first 'big' project, and I thought it would be cool to be able to script the game in Python. Basically, I want to be able to type scripts in from within the game and attach them to objects, monsters, rooms, whatever. N...

www.python.org website is down?
I cannot connect to the official Python website. I get the following error message: "Connection Interrupted The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading. The network link was interrupted while negotiating a connection. Please try again." Are you experiencing the same problem? Caezar wrote: > I cannot connect to the official Python website. I get the following > error message: > > "Connection Interrupted > The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading. > The network link was interrupted while negotiating a connection....

Web resources about - www.python.org down - comp.lang.python.announce

Python - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Two 4.5m pythons found at abandoned site at Cairns
An abandoned building at Cairns had &quot;all the right ingredients&quot; to be home sweet home for two rather large pythons Cairns Snake Removals ...

Five cats eaten by pythons in one month in Cairns
Ever heard the saying curiosity killed the cat? Well in North Queensland, curiosity, and pythons, killed five cats in one month.

106 Burmese pythons captured in Florida hunt, including 15-footer
AL.com 106 Burmese pythons captured in Florida hunt, including 15-footer AL.com DAVIE, Fla. (AP) — The 106 Burmese pythons captured over a ...

Ars Cardboard classics—the stupid fun Monty Python Fluxx
... embarrassment. But it was absolutely true that I wanted those two extra cards. And that, ladies and gentleman is the joy of Monty Python- themed ...

Successful Snake Hunt Shines Light On Florida’s Python Problem
After a monthlong snake hunt, the 106 Burmese pythons captured in Florida may not put a dent in the invasive species' growing numbers, but wildlife ...

On the hunt to get rid of Florida's invasive pythons - Videos - CBS News
The hunt is on in the Florida Everglades for Burmese pythons, an out-of-control snake species. They’re not venomous, but they are big, strong ...

Don’t be afraid of Python; charm it instead
Python lives up to its name as one of the most flexible and far-reaching languages in web development. Like all coding languages, it can seem ...

Save hundreds on the Python Programming Bootcamp
Save hundreds on the Python Programming Bootcamp

Watch Kevin Hart Have a Total Meltdown When Confronted With a Python on 'Today' Australia
Watch Kevin Hart Have a Total Meltdown When Confronted With a Python on 'Today' Australia