[RELEASED] Python 3.2.5 and Python 3.3.2

0
georg7545 (26)

[RELEASED] Release candidates for Python 2.6.8, 2.7.3, 3.1.5, and 3.2.3
We're pleased to announce the immediate availability of release candidates for Python 2.6.8, 2.7.3, 3.1.5, and 3.2.3 . The main impetus for these releases is fixing a security issue in Python's hash based types, dict and set, as described below. Python 2.7.3 and 3.2.3 include the security patch and the normal set of bug fixes. Since Python 2.6 and 3.1 are maintained only for security issues, 2.6.8 and 3.1.5 contain only various security patches. The security issue exploits Python's dict and set implementations. Carefully crafted input can lead to extremely long computation times a...

[RELEASED] Release candidates for Python 2.6.8, 2.7.3, 3.1.5, and 3.2.3
We're pleased to announce the immediate availability of release candidates for Python 2.6.8, 2.7.3, 3.1.5, and 3.2.3 . The main impetus for these releases is fixing a security issue in Python's hash based types, dict and set, as described below. Python 2.7.3 and 3.2.3 include the security patch and the normal set of bug fixes. Since Python 2.6 and 3.1 are maintained only for security issues, 2.6.8 and 3.1.5 contain only various security patches. The security issue exploits Python's dict and set implementations. Carefully crafted input can lead to extremely long computation times and denials of service. [1] Python dict and set types use hash tables to provide amortized constant time operations. Hash tables require a well-distributed hash function to spread data evenly across the hash table. The security issue is that an attacker could compute thousands of keys with colliding hashes; this causes quadratic algorithmic complexity when the hash table is constructed. To alleviate the problem, the new releases add randomization to the hashing of Python's string types (bytes/str in Python 3 and str/unicode in Python 2), datetime.date, and datetime.datetime. This prevents an attacker from computing colliding keys of these types without access to the Python process. Hash randomization causes the iteration order of dicts and sets to be unpredictable and differ across Python runs. Python has never guaranteed iteration order of keys in a dict or set,...

[RELEASED] Second release candidates for Python 2.6.8, 2.7.3, 3.1.5, and 3.2.3
We're chuffed to announce the immediate availability of the second release candidates for Python 2.6.8, 2.7.3, 3.1.5, and 3.2.3. The only change from the first release candidates is the patching of an additional security hole. The security issue fixed in the second release candidates is in the expat XML parsing library. expat had the same hash security issue detailed below as Python's core types. The hashing algorithm used in the expat library is now randomized. A more thorough explanation of the "hash attack" security hole follows. The main impetus for these releases is fi...

[RELEASED] Second release candidates for Python 2.6.8, 2.7.3, 3.1.5, and 3.2.3
We're chuffed to announce the immediate availability of the second release candidates for Python 2.6.8, 2.7.3, 3.1.5, and 3.2.3. The only change from the first release candidates is the patching of an additional security hole. The security issue fixed in the second release candidates is in the expat XML parsing library. expat had the same hash security issue detailed below as Python's core types. The hashing algorithm used in the expat library is now randomized. A more thorough explanation of the "hash attack" security hole follows. The main impetus for these releases is fixing a security issue in Python's hash based types, dict and set, as described below. Python 2.7.3 and 3.2.3 include the security patch and the normal set of bug fixes. Since Python 2.6 and 3.1 are maintained only for security issues, 2.6.8 and 3.1.5 contain only various security patches. The security issue exploits Python's dict and set implementations. Carefully crafted input can lead to extremely long computation times and denials of service. [1] Python dict and set types use hash tables to provide amortized constant time operations. Hash tables require a well-distributed hash function to spread data evenly across the hash table. The security issue is that an attacker could compute thousands of keys with colliding hashes; this causes quadratic algorithmic complexity when the hash table is constructed. To alleviate the problem, the new releases add rando...

python-2.7.3 vs python-3.2.3
Greetings; I have need of using a script written for python3, but the default python on wheezy is 2.7.3. I see in the wheezy repos that 3.2.3-6 is available. Can/will they co-exist peacefully? Thank you. Cheers, Gene Heskett -- "There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order." -Ed Howdershelt (Author) Genes Web page <http://geneslinuxbox.net:6309/gene> On 26/01/16 13:26, Gene Heskett wrote: > Greetings; > > I have need of using a script written for python3, but the default pytho...

[RELEASED] Python 3.2.4 and Python 3.3.1

[RELEASED] Python 3.2.6rc1, Python 3.3.6rc1

[RELEASED] Python 3.2.4 rc 1 and Python 3.3.1 rc 1

[RELEASED] Python 3.3.3 release candidate 2

python 2.5.2 or Python 2.6 compilation problem on AIX 5.3
Hello: I am trying to compile Python 2.5.2 on AIX 5.3 with gcc 4.2.3. I am getting following error. (I also tried Python 2.6 with same error) creating build/temp.aix-5.3-2.5/share/tmhsdsd2/tmp/Python-2.5.2/ Modules gcc -pthread -fno-strict-aliasing -DNDEBUG -g -fwrapv -O3 -Wall - Wstrict-prototypes -I. -I/share/tmhsdsd2/tmp/Python-2.5.2/./Include - I. -IInclude -I./Include -I/usr/local/include -I/share/tmhsdsd2/tmp/ Python-2.5.2/Include -I/share/tmhsdsd2/tmp/Python-2.5.2 -c /share/ tmhsdsd2/tmp/Python-2.5.2/Modules/_struct.c -o build/temp.aix-5.3-2.5/ share/tmhsdsd2/tmp/Python-2.5.2/Modules/_...

[RELEASED] Python 3.3.5 release candidate 2

[RELEASED] Python 3.3.5 release candidate 2

Serious trouble with https (Python 2.2.3 & 2.3.3), How to check for working ssl?
Some people tipped me off on some possibilities to tackle my https problem. Those have definitely gotten me further in cornering the problem. Thank you. But: No matter what I do to open a webconnection with httpS I always get something in this Area: urllib2.URLError: <urlopen error unknown url type: https> With both versions of Python mentioned above. My strong suspicion is that the socket stuff (dunno exact libname right now...) is compiled without ssl support. What I would like to know now is following: 1) What is the default setting for the compilation of the original Pyth...

re.compile missing in python 2.3.3/2.3.4???
Hi, I just installed a fresh copy of python 2.3.3 and python 2.3.4 and everytime a there's a call to re.compile, it says: Traceback (most recent call last): File "setup.py", line 76, in ? from distutils.core import setup File "/usr/lib/python2.2/distutils/core.py", line 16, in ? from distutils.util import grok_environment_error File "/usr/lib/python2.2/distutils/util.py", line 207, in ? _wordchars_re = re.compile(r'[^\\\'\"%s ]*' % string.whitespace) AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'compil...

input() on python 2.7.5 vs 3.3.2
Can someone explain? Thanks. Python 3.3.2 (v3.3.2:d047928ae3f6, May 16 2013, 00:06:53) [MSC v.1600 64 bit (AMD64)] on win32 Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information. >>> x = input() Hello there >>> print(x) Hello there Python 2.7.5 (default, May 15 2013, 22:43:36) [MSC v.1500 32 bit (Intel)] on win32 Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information. >>> x = input() Hello there Traceback (most recent call last): File "...

ANN: EmPy 3.3.2 released (Python 3.x compatibility)
Summary A powerful and robust templating system for Python. Overview EmPy is a system for embedding Python expressions and statements in template text; it takes an EmPy source file, processes it, and produces output. This is accomplished via expansions, which are special signals to the EmPy system and are set off by a special prefix (by default the at sign, '@'). EmPy can expand arbitrary Python expressions and statements in this way, as well as a variety of special forms. Textual data not explicitly delimited in this wa...

ReportLab 3.0 release
I am happy to announce the release of ReportLab 3.0. This is an extensive internal rewrite which runs under Python 2.7 and Python 3.3+. However, we believe we have preserved the API, so that applications should not need changing. Packages are available on http://pypi.python.org/ in all popular formats: source, Windows .exe and .msi and wheel. Take your pick from the usual installation methods... pip install reportlab easy_install reportlab python setup.py install More details are available on our web page: https://www.reportlab.com/software/documentation/relnotes/30/ We normally release our commercial package, rlextra, at the same time. On this occasion we will be waiting a few more weeks; a preview release of rlextra is available to clients on request. We are likely to ship a combined release of reportlab + rlextra 3.1 when it is better tested. We aim to make it far easier than before to install and try out the commercial package. Many thanks to Robin Becker who has done the vast majority of the work alone on this extremely complex port. Best Regards -- Andy Robinson Managing Director ReportLab Europe Ltd. Thornton House, Thornton Road, Wimbledon, London SW19 4NG, UK Tel +44-20-8405-6420 ...

Web resources about - [RELEASED] Python 3.2.5 and Python 3.3.2 - comp.lang.python

Lists of films released by Disney - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Independent Horror Movie To Be Released Via Facebook Game?
There are movies , and there are Facebook games , and there are even Facebook games based on movies . And now, thanks to Cardiff, U.K.-based ...

Senator Reid has been released from the... - Senator Harry Reid - Facebook
Senator Reid has been released from the hospital and is back at home with his wife, Landra. As previously stated, he went to the hospital as ...

How is the Facebook Redesign Affecting Social Games? October Gaming Charts Released
... attention now to social games. How has the Facebook redesign affected the top game developers on Facebook? Inside Social Games has just released ...

faroo_p2p: 1000x Faster Spelling Correction: Source Code released http://t.co/oY18ohyd #faroo #search ...
faroo_p2p: 1000x Faster Spelling Correction: Source Code released http://t.co/oY18ohyd #faroo #search #algorithm

→ 5by5 Radio app released
Nice app to listen to our shows live, and buying it is a great way to support 5by5. We discussed its features and design decisions in the last ...

Lil Wayne Released From Hospital After Sizzurp Overdose - ENTV
Lil Wayne has just been released from the hospital just days after Overdosing on Sizzurp or Texas Tea. He was put into a medically induced coma ...

Men arrested in London attack on Emiratis released - The National
Metropolitan Police in the UK said the men will return on bail in June and be reinterviewed.

Game of Thrones season 6 trailer released but Jon Snow still looks very dead
The trailer for Game of Thones' highly-anticipated sixth season has dropped, and fans are unfortunately none the wiser.

Man Whose Booking Photo Went Viral In 2014 Reportedly Released From Prison
Jeremy Meeks, the man whose booking photo went viral in 2014, has reportedly been released from prison.