Access Violation Error while using Python Ctypes

I used the following code to import the functions of a dll in my Python code.

	from ctypes import *

	hunspell=CDLL('C:\Nhunspell\Hunspellx64.dll')
	hunspell.HunspellInit.restype = POINTER(c_int)
	hunspell.HunspellInit.argtypes = (c_char_p, c_char_p)
	hunspell.HunspellSpell.argtypes = (POINTER(c_int), c_char_p)
	hunspell.HunspellAdd.argtypes = (POINTER(c_int), c_char_p)
	hunspell.HunspellSuggest.argtypes = (POINTER(c_int), POINTER(POINTER(c_char_p)), c_char_p)

	class Hunspell(object):
		def __init__(self):
			self.hunhandle = hunspell.HunspellInit('en_US.aff', 'en_US.dic')

        a=Hunspell()

The class Hunspell should act as a wrapper for the function, but then I get this error when I try to run this.

	Traceback (most recent call last):
	  File "C:\Users\KURO\Desktop\hunspell\text.py", line 49, in <module>
		a=Hunspell()
	  File "C:\Users\KURO\Desktop\hunspell\text.py", line 17, in __init__
		self.hunhandle = hunspell.HunspellInit('en_US.aff', 'en_US.dic')
	WindowsError: exception: access violation reading 0x0000000001FBB000

Please help me out.

Fatal Python error using ctypes & python exceptions
Hi Everyone, I've created a 'C' dll that is accessed via ctypes library containing a bunch of functions. I've successfully been able to use the functions. However, I would like to throw python exceptions from some of them. I throw them using: ::PyErr_SetString(::PyExc_RuntimeError, theErrorString); I crash the console when this function is invoked in the 'C' domain. I get an error stating: Fatal Python error: PyThreadState_Get: no current thread when the calling code in python is: try: cdll.MyDll.ThrowingFunction() except: print "An error has occurred&...

python is a python
python is a python ...

Using Python To Launch Python
Hello All, I have a situation where I can count on a Python installation being available on a system, but I can't count on it being a version of Python needed by my application. Since my application has it's own version of Python installed with it how should I use the system Python to launch the version of Python that launches my Application. Yes, this is a convoluted process, but not all Pythons are built the same :) Right now I am leaning towards using exec to start a new process, but I thought I would check to see if anyone else has had the need to perform a task similar to thi...

python, ctypes, callbacks -- access violation when calling callback
Hello. I'm trying to pass to the C function pointer to callback function from python. But when i'm trying to do this i get access violation within the DLL file when calling python callback. Here is the python side code: from ctypes import * # ... class NewtonBody(Structure): def __init__(self, pointer = 0): self.pointer = pointer # ... class Newton: def __init__(self): self._cdll = CDLL('newton.dll') self.world = NewtonWorld() # ... # NewtonBodySetForceAndTorqueCallback def bodySetForceAndTorqueCallback(self, body): CALLBACK = CFUNCTYPE(c_in...

Survey: Does your company use Python? Do you know a company that uses Python?
This is a survey to find as many companies using Python as we can. You can see the survey below: <http://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=dHlwaUxIY2g0ZXpUMk4tREZDSTY3bkE6MA..> You don't need to work at the company to add it to this list! We will filter for duplicates. The answers to this survey will be kept private. If you still don't want to identify yourself, no problem! We just want to know where Python is being used. ...

Survey: Does your company use Python? Do you know a company that uses Python?
This is a survey to find as many companies using Python as we can. You can see the survey below: <http://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=dHlwaUxIY2g0ZXpUMk4tREZDSTY3bkE6MA..> You don't need to work at the company to add it to this list! We will filter for duplicates. The answers to this survey will be kept private. If you still don't want to identify yourself, no problem! We just want to know where Python is being used. On 7 Ago, 21:15, VanL <van.lindb...@gmail.com> wrote: > This is a survey to find as many companies using Python as we can. You > ca...

python ctype question about "access violation reading location 0x5a5a5a5a"
Hi All, I need to use this C routine in python and there is a void pointer parameter in it: (this routine was written by someone else): myfunc(int a, (void *)userdata, bool b) I saw someone in his C++ wrapper used this routine in this way: myfunc(a, (void *)0x5a5a5a5a, b) In my python wrapper, I tried to call it as the following and both failed: 1. myfunc(c_int(a), 0x5a5a5a5a, c_int(b)) got error "access voilation reading from 0x5a5a5a5a" 2. data = 0x5a5a5a5a mydata = c_void_p(data) myfunc(c_int(a), mydata, c_int(b)) same error as in 1 Can anyone know how to fix it...

Updated: python ctype question about "access violation reading location 0x5a5a5a5a"
Here are more details about my codes, please help! The function declared in C: typedef void (WINAPI *PLEARNCALLBACKPROC) (unsigned int progress, unsigned int sigQuality, unsigned long carrierFreq, void *userData); UUIRTDRV_API BOOL PASCAL UUIRTLearnIR(HUUHANDLE hHandle, int codeFormat, char *IRCode, PLEARNCALLBACKPROC progressProc, void *userData, BOOL *pAbort, unsigned int param1, void *reserved0, void *reserved1); My python codes: import ctypes port = windll.uuirtdrv myhandle = c_void_p() myhandle = port.UUIRTOpen() #+++++++ Call back function ++++++++ LEARNCALLBACKFUNC = CFUNCTYP...

Using python to extend a python app
I'm writing a python app that works as a replacement for the menu that comes with most minimalist wms when you right click the root window. It's prettier and written completely in python. I'd like to provide hooks or some system so that people can write their own extensions to the app, for example adding fluxbox options, and then fluxbox users can choose to use that extension. But I'm not sure how to implement it. Right now the best idea I have is to have all desired extensions in a folder, import each .py file in that folder as a module using __import__, and then call...

Using Python within a Python application.
Hello, everyone. I am doing some searching and winding up a little bit confused. I have a MUD client that I am writing using Python and wxWidgets, as some of you may remember. What I am looking to do now, is add "trigger" functionality to it. In essence, the application receives text from the game, and if it is in any of the trigger definitions, it acts on it by executing Python code that the user has associated with the action. So, the question is, what is the safe way to do this? I have found the 'compile' function, which returns a code object(?) which I would want to...

I could use some help making this Python code run faster using only Python code.
I am new to Python however I would like some feedback from those who know more about Python than I do at this time. def scrambleLine(line): s = '' for c in line: s += chr(ord(c) | 0x80) return s def descrambleLine(line): s = '' for c in line: s += chr(ord(c) & 0x7f) return s def scrambleFile(fname,action=1): if (path.exists(fname)): try: f = open(fname, "r") toks = fname.split('.') while (len(toks) > 2): toks.pop() fname = '.'.j...

Accessing Twitter with Python (Python goes mainstream)
I have noticed Python appearing in various news stories lately and treated as a mainstream language, as one not needing explanation, just like Java, etc. http://arstechnica.com/open-source/guides/2010/04/tutorial-use-twitters-new-real-time-stream-api-in-python.ars is a nice tutorial on how to use Python (and PyCurl http://pycurl.sourceforge.net/) to access and process Twitter's new (still in development) streaming API. It starts with the equivalent of helloworld and elaborates from there. I think the examples nicely show off Python's readability. Terry Jan Reedy ...

Ruby-Python; using python from within ruby
At the moment I'm looking at rails, it seems like a great framework. The only downside it has is its rather limited availability of 3rd party libraries. At the moment there are at least two libraries I need that are available to python but not to ruby (search engine, either xapian or lucene( python has bindings to both, ruby has neither), pydns and another custom python script) After looking for a solution I came across ruby-python (http://raa.ruby-lang.org/project/ruby-python/). Sadly enough it is a little bit outdated. It seems to need ruby 2.6 and python 1.5 while I'm using ruby 1....

Which version of python I should use if I just start programming in python?
Hi, I just start python programming. That is, I don't have any legacy code. I notice that there are different versions of python. I would guess that older version of python has the more libraries than newer versions. But the code developed in newer versions might be better supported in the future. Can somebody give a guideline on which version of python a new python developer shall choose? Regards, Peng On Sep 12, 3:47=A0pm, Peng Yu <pengyu...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > > I just start python programming. That is, I don't have any legacy > code. I notice that there a...

access to TimesTen using python
is there any module to access TimesTen in-memory database using python? gunsupancar wrote: > is there any module to access > TimesTen in-memory database using python? > I didn't find native one, but TimesTen has ODBC interface that you could use. http://www.compwisdom.com/topics/ODBC ...

Access Database Using Python
I'm writing a script to look through DNA sequences in a database and select sequences I require. So far, my code looks like this for authentication: import os import Bio.Clustalw from Bio.Alphabet import IUPAC import pdb import sys import os import urllib import urllib2 import urllib userid = 'kmdawg' password = 'kmdawgyeah' location = 'index.html' params = urllib.urlencode({'user': userid, 'password': password, 'request_uri': location}) f = urllib2.urlopen("http://www.gene-regulation.com/login?%s" % params) print f.read() When ...

why use #!/usr/bin/env python rather than #!python?
Many Python scripts I see start with the shebang line #!/usr/bin/env python What is the difference from using just #!python Regards, Adriano. Adriano Ferreira wrote: > Many Python scripts I see start with the shebang line > > #!/usr/bin/env python > > What is the difference from using just > > #!python #v+ $ ls -l /tmp/hello.py -rwxr-xr-x 1 klaus klaus 38 2005-12-02 14:59 /tmp/hello.py $ cat /tmp/hello.py #! python print 'Hello, world!' # eof $ /tmp/hello.py bash: /tmp/hello.py: python: bad interpreter: No such file or directory $ #v- Cheers, -- Klaus...

Accessing members of Python class from C++ (Embedded Python)????
Hello everyone, Does anybody know about, have documentation on, or have any code samples on how to access class members from a python class in C++. Say I have a simple python script: --------------------------- class Animal: NumLegs = 5 Size = 4.5 --------------------------- How exactly do you access these members from C++. I know how to get the member if I know its name, ie. pkObject = PyDict_GetItemString(pkDict, "Animal"); int uiNumLegs = PyInt_AsLong(PyObject_GetAttrString(pkObject,"NumLegs")); But how do you iterate through all the class members and pri...

Fatal Python error with Py_InitModule (Python 2.3)
I'm using Python embedded in my app, and I've run into problems creating my own modules. I'm using Python version 2.3 compiled with MSVC .NET (not 2003). When I call Py_InitModule I get the message: "Fatal Python error: Interpreter not initialized (version mismatch?)" However, Python does seem to be initialized. Py_IsInitialized() returns 1, and I can PyImport_Import() and I can run scripts successfully from my program. I'm not sure what I could be doing wrong, all the information I've found online indicates that the above message comes from incompatible v...

How to use internal python c funtions, from python code
Hi I'm coming from this link ( https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/python-ideas/cBFvxq1LQHM), which proposes to use long_to_decimal_string(), int_to_decimal_string() functions for printing integers in different bases. Now is there anyway i can use such internal functions from pure python code, passing ctypes when the arguments are c datatypes. For competitive programming purposes I really want to use those functions for speed. ...

Embedding Python
Hello, I'm embedding Python interpreter in a Win32 console application. I use C++. I would like to use the WinAPI LoadLibrary function to load the python dll at runtime (followed by GetProcAddress calls), so that I have to make no assumptions about the location of the dll. However I can't use the macro Py_DECREF if I load the dll this way. Is there a way to properly free python objects (specifically - dictionaries created by PyDict_New() and the object returned by PyRun_String()) not using Py_DECREF? Alternatively, is there a way to include the python header - to make the macro Py_DECREF available, but to be able to locate the python dll whenever python is installed? (The problem is that python may be installed anywhere, and the python dll does not always appear in system folders - sometimes it is in the python installation directory, thus it is unclear which targets to specify to the linker to search for the dll). I'd appreciate any help. Thanks in advance, yuri.feldman@gmail.com schrieb: > Hello, > > I'm embedding Python interpreter in a Win32 console application. I use > C++. > > I would like to use the WinAPI LoadLibrary function to load the python > dll at runtime (followed by GetProcAddress calls), so that I have to > make no assumptions about the location of the dll. > > However I can't use the macro Py_DECREF if I load the dll this way. > > Is there a way to properly free python objects (specifically ...

Executing Python Scripts on Mac using Python Launcher
Hello, This is my first post so go easy on me. I am just beginning to program usi= ng Python on Mac. When I try to execute a file using Python Launcher my co= de seems to cause an error in terminal, when I execute the exact same piece= of code and run it in windows it seems to execute as exactly intended. How can I make my python script to open up correctly using Python Launcher= ? I am running 10.7 on my Mac. I would upload a photo with the error I ge= t but I can't seem to find the upload feature in this group. Thanks On Mon, Jun 25, 2012 at 11:19 AM, David Thomas <d...

Invoking Python from Python
Hi all, I have a need to create a Python script on the fly from another Python program and then execute the script so created. Do I need to invoke Python through os.spawnl or is there a better way? Thanks, -- John Am Tue, 08 Nov 2005 08:10:25 -0800 schrieb John Henry: > Hi all, > > I have a need to create a Python script on the fly from another Python > program and then execute the script so created. Do I need to invoke > Python through os.spawnl or is there a better way? Hi, creating source code with a script, is no good solution. Once I had to maintain lisp code which stored its data in lisp code, too (incl. conditions and loops). It was a nightmare. Please explain what you want to do, and we will find a better solution. HTH, Thomas -- Thomas G�ttler, http://www.thomas-guettler.de/ E-Mail: guettli (*) thomas-guettler + de Spam Catcher: niemand.leermann@thomas-guettler.de In article <pan.2005.11.08.16.21.11.472836@thomas-guettler.de>, Thomas Guettler <niemand.leermann@thomas-guettler.de> wrote: . . . >creating source code with a script, is no good solution. > >Once I had to maintain lisp code which stored its data in lisp code, too >(incl. conditions and loops). It was a nightmare. > >Please explain what you want to do, and we will find a better solution. . . . Yes and no. There are times when it's justified. I ENTIRELY agree, though, that many people who *think* that's what they...

python ScriptControl error in Excel while running fine in python
I am trying to use ScriptControl under Excel (Windows XP) with the code: Global sc As New MSScriptControl.ScriptControl Public Function os_getcwd() sc.Language = "python" sc.ExecuteStatement ("import os") os_getcwd = sc.Eval("os.getcwd()") End Function When setting the language to python I have the error "A script engine for the specified language..." On the other side, under python, the translated code: import win32com.client sc=win32com.client.Dispatch("ScriptControl") sc.Language = "python" sc.ExecuteStatement (&q...

Web resources about - Access Violation Error while using Python Ctypes - comp.lang.python

CP violation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In particle physics , CP violation is a violation of the postulated CP-symmetry : the combination of C-symmetry ( charge conjugation symmetry) ...

James-O'Keefe-Parole-Violations - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
James O'Keefe, liar and scam artist, has been spotted in NYC in violation of his parole in Lousiana.

Civil Rights Violation on Video Pledge and Invocation - YouTube
Civil Rights Violation on Video Pledge and Invocation - YouTube

Gul defies Erdogan’s Twitter ban and calls move ‘violation of rights’
The content of Abdullah Gul’s message – and the way it was delivered – is a message to Recep Tayyip Erdogan’s religiously conservative government, ...

Russia closes 12 McDonald's restaurants over hygiene violations
Russia has temporarily closed 12 branches of McDonald's on health grounds and is carrying out more than 100 inspections, the US fast food chain ...

NATO doubts Russia over Turkish airspace violations, says ground troops in Syria
NATO's secretary-general says he doubts Moscow's explanation for violations of Turkish air space amid signs of a troop-build-up in the region. ...

Report alleges labour violations at Apple supplier in China
Report claims dangerous conditions, labour violations at another Apple plant.

American Airlines facing record fines over safety violations
American Airlines facing record fines over safety violations

Nick Kyrgios issued code violation at Japan Open - The Courier-Mail Search Search
NICK Kyrgios has hit out at the Australian media following his loss to Frenchman Benoit Paire at the Japan Open on the weekend.