Can't install Python 2.3 on RedHat 9

Hi,

I want to eventually install plone which requires that
I install python2.3.

So I go to http://www.python.org/2.3.4/rpms.html and
since I need RPM's for RH9 and not Fedora Core 1 I
download python2.3-2.3.4-3pydotorg.src.rpm and do this

# rpmbuild --rebuild python2.3-2.3.4-3pydotorg.src.rpm
Installing python2.3-2.3.4-3pydotorg.src.rpm
warning: user jafo does not exist - using root
warning: group jafo does not exist - using root
warning: user jafo does not exist - using root
warning: group jafo does not exist - using root
warning: user jafo does not exist - using root
warning: group jafo does not exist - using root

Where rpmbuild appears to hang. :confused: What's up
with that?
Is this a slow process? How long should I wait before
I ^C it?

Thanks

http://promotions.yahoo.com/goldrush