Does anyone here use wxGlade on Linux?

I am trying out wxGlade on Linux, version 0.7.1 of wxGlade on xubuntu
15.10.

I have already written something using wxPython directly so I have the
basics (of my Python skills and the environment) OK I think.

I am having a lot of trouble getting beyond the first hurdle of
creating a trivial Python GUI with wxGlade.  Some of the problem is no
doubt that I'm unfamiliar with the interface but I seem to repeatedly
get to a situation where the interface won't respond to mouse clicks
(though the main menu items still work, I can Exit OK for instance).

Is wxPython still buggy or is it really just down to my lack of
familiarity with it?

--
Chris Green
·

On Thu, 11 Feb 2016 14:29:04 +0000, cl wrote:

> I am trying out wxGlade on Linux, version 0.7.1 of wxGlade on xubuntu
> 15.10.
>
> I have already written something using wxPython directly so I have the
> basics (of my Python skills and the environment) OK I think.
>
> I am having a lot of trouble getting beyond the first hurdle of
> creating a trivial Python GUI with wxGlade.  Some of the problem is no
> doubt that I'm unfamiliar with the interface but I seem to repeatedly
> get to a situation where the interface won't respond to mouse clicks
> (though the main menu items still work, I can Exit OK for instance).
>
> Is wxPython still buggy or is it really just down to my lack of
> familiarity with it?

Sure, there are bugs in wxPython, but they are "minor".  I haven't tried
using wxGlade, but if it's anything like the glade I tried using long ago
there are issues in getting the two working together.

0
Frank
2/11/2016 4:41:11 PM
Frank Miles <fpm@u.washington.edu> wrote:
> On Thu, 11 Feb 2016 14:29:04 +0000, cl wrote:
>
> > I am trying out wxGlade on Linux, version 0.7.1 of wxGlade on xubuntu
> > 15.10.
> >
> > I have already written something using wxPython directly so I have the
> > basics (of my Python skills and the environment) OK I think.
> >
> > I am having a lot of trouble getting beyond the first hurdle of
> > creating a trivial Python GUI with wxGlade.  Some of the problem is no
> > doubt that I'm unfamiliar with the interface but I seem to repeatedly
> > get to a situation where the interface won't respond to mouse clicks
> > (though the main menu items still work, I can Exit OK for instance).
> >
> > Is wxPython still buggy or is it really just down to my lack of
> > familiarity with it?
>
> Sure, there are bugs in wxPython, but they are "minor".  I haven't tried
> using wxGlade, but if it's anything like the glade I tried using long ago
> there are issues in getting the two working together.

Oops, I meant to say "Is wxGlade still buggy....".

--
Chris Green
·

Anyone using python on Mint Linux ?
Just read that Mint is a fine version of Debian Linux. Any comments about python on this ? Thanks, Dave WB3DWE In article <ok2r86lfacmm53ah75843khja94kjpdi62@4ax.com>, <Dave WB3DWE> wrote: > >Just read that Mint is a fine version of Debian Linux. >Any comments about python on this ? Why would there be? Either it works or it's broken, and given that it's Debian, I'd certainly bet that Python works. -- Aahz (aahz@pythoncraft.com) <*> http://www.pythoncraft.com/ [on old computer technologies and programmers] "Fancy...

[News] Linux-based Nokia N900 Shows Anyone Can Use GNU/Linux Now

Anyone use Snapgear Linux?
Hi, just wondering if anyone here has used the Snapgear Linux distribution? What is the relationship between Snapgear and uClinux? Is Snapgear specifically for MMU-less processors, or will it run on x86 (PC/104)? Thanks! Mark Hi Mark, > Hi, just wondering if anyone here has used the Snapgear Linux distribution? yes ;) > What is the relationship between Snapgear and uClinux? Is Snapgear > specifically for MMU-less processors, or will it run on x86 (PC/104)? Technically, uClinux is a linux kernel, specifically for MMU-less processors. You can download a uClin...

why would anyone use python when java is there?
wtf In article <1164762232.220759.57160@h54g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>, gavino <bootiack@yahoo.com> wrote: > >wtf Because programming in Python makes me feel happy and contented, while programming in Java just makes me want to scream in agony. -- Aahz (aahz@pythoncraft.com) <*> http://www.pythoncraft.com/ Usenet is not a democracy. It is a weird cross between an anarchy and a dictatorship. Aahz wrote: > In article <1164762232.220759.57160@h54g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>, > gavino <bootiack@yahoo.com> wrote: >> wtf > >...

Anyone using Linux only as workstation ?
I've been following Linux since 1995-96, when I installed my first Linux system (Slackware 2). I tried installing & using Linux (from all the distros I tried Slack is still my favorite, followed by Gentoo) many times, but I never seem to be able to keep Linux on my computer for more than a few weeks. I always return to M$ Windows, one reason is that my CAD software (Solidworks) runs only under Windows. In the old days Windows had some serious flaws in my opinion - the first versions were barely usable (using Win 3.1, 95, 98 usualy meant minimum a crash per day). But then things change...

Anyone using a Neuros on Linux?
How do you like it? I'm thinking about snaggin one and wondering how well it works. Thanks, bl8n8r bad_knee wrote: > How do you like it? > > I'm thinking about snaggin one and > wondering how well it works. > There is no need to use neuros for Linux because cdrecord works fine. On top of that data CDs created by Neuros for Windows result in EOF reported by dd when you're trying to read them on Linux (no such thing happens with Adaptec Easy CD Creator: no problems with dd that is). In article <becumr$9hd$3@bob.news.rcn.net>, morden wrote: > bad_knee ...

[News] VoIP Startup Uses Linux; Truphone Uses Linux
Mobile Phones VoIP services start-up uses Open-Source Technology ,----[ Quote ] | Recently, I came across a start-up company offering VoIP services for | mobile phones. Apparently, they have built the service using almost | exclusively open-source technology, such as Asterisk PBX, Debian | GNU/Linux and MySQL. `---- http://lxer.com/module/newswire/view/85666/index.html There's also this one: ,----[ Quote ] | Truphone is the world's first software only network operator - the few | pieces of hardware we need we buy online from the same well-known | manufacturers as everyone else. No...

Anyone using Gimp/Python
Hi, Im a python coder, Id like to do some gimp programming but dont want to learn scheme of there is no need to. Wondering of anybody is using gimp/python, any comments? - Cam ...

Is anyone using Python for .NET?
Is anyone using Python for .NET? I mean Brian's version at Zope, which simply accesses .NET in a one-way fashion from Python. http://www.zope.org/Members/Brian/PythonNet Not the experimental ActiveState stuff, which tried to compile IL and apparently didn't succeed. Two motives for the question: 1) whether to use it for my C++ / C# / .NET / Python (?) game project. It's a prototype, so in this context a "mostly working beta" is acceptable. I won't need "ready for prime time" for another year yet. 2) whether it's viable at this time to consult Pytho...

Anyone using Tinkerbell Linux?
A friend of mine was wondering if anyone can recommend Tinkerbell Linux? http://www.bbspot.com/News/2006/08/paris-hilton-tinkerbell-linux.html ,---- | Critics of the distribution claim that applications they built using | Nicole Ritchie's GUI toolkit for KDE aren't compatible. `---- ROTFLM ,---- | So far, reviewers of the distribution have been positive. Avis | Blackshire from Teen People writes that "this software is no dog! Like | its creator it has a flashy and highly polished feel to it while | remaining easily accessible - both front-end and back-end `---- And my favor...

Survey: Does your company use Python? Do you know a company that uses Python?
This is a survey to find as many companies using Python as we can. You can see the survey below: <http://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=dHlwaUxIY2g0ZXpUMk4tREZDSTY3bkE6MA..> You don't need to work at the company to add it to this list! We will filter for duplicates. The answers to this survey will be kept private. If you still don't want to identify yourself, no problem! We just want to know where Python is being used. ...

GUI in Python using wxGlade
I recently tried a hand at wxGlade and was happy to see it designs a GUI for you in minutes. I am a newbie Python coder. I am not completely aware of GUI programming. I can easily make menubars etc but I am not too sure sure how to get more windows poppping to get more information. I mean when you click something, a new windows would open and ask for input like that. Since I am using wxGlade and wxPython....can you suggest me a quick tutorial for GUI programming. Every help is appreciate, Thanks diffuser78@gmail.com wrote: > I recently tried a hand at wxGlade and was happy to see it d...

Anyone using !Samba with Linux?
Hello All, I have been having some problems with !Samba (David Buxton's SmbServer 0.08) on my LAN. I have a RISC PC and a Linux box on wired LAN, and an XP box on wireless. All use static IP addresses. The XP box can see both the RPC and Linux and the shares can be accessed OK. The Linux box sometimes sees the shares, sometimes not, it seems to depend on how soon after boot that one tries to access them, and when seen they can't be opened. I get a message along the lines '...contents not available, they have been deleted'. I'm not sure if the problems are to do with config...

Anyone use Onebase Linux?
Greetings, I am still a fairly inexperienced Linux user who has enjoyed such ditros as Lycoris and Knoppix of late. I am curious about a recent distro called Onebase. Its ISO is small (about 300 MB) but it boasts some pretty impressive features. http://www.ibiblio.org/onebase/ Anyone familiar with this? Keith Richmond ...

Web resources about - Does anyone here use wxGlade on Linux? - comp.lang.python

The Perl Review
Skip to main content. The Perl Review Navigation: Join - Magazine - Training - Consulting Features: Calendar - Interviews - - - Login Subscriber ...

Rufus - BitTorrent Client : Downloads
Home - Downloads - Screenshots - Change Log - FAQ - Beta Change Log Main Home Downloads Screenshots FAQ Project Links SF Project Page Forums ...