Embedded python on systems without python installed

I have python successfully embedded in a program I wrote.

What files do I need and where do I need to put them so that it can
run on systems that don't have python installed?

KillSwitch wrote:
> I have python successfully embedded in a program I wrote.
>
> What files do I need and where do I need to put them so that it can
> run on systems that don't have python installed?

I embed python in Delphi apps, and the only thing I add is python24.dll,
which I put in the same directory as the Delphi executable,
(but i you want a less clean install, you can put the dll also in the
windows directory)

cheers,
Stef
0
Stef.Mientki (428)
10/27/2009 10:31:45 PM
KillSwitch wrote:
> I have python successfully embedded in a program I wrote.
>
> What files do I need and where do I need to put them so that it can
> run on systems that don't have python installed?

I embed python in Delphi apps, and the only thing I add is python24.dll,
which I put in the same directory as the Delphi executable,
(but if you want a less clean install, you can put the dll also in the
windows directory)

cheers,
Stef
0
Stef.Mientki (428)
10/27/2009 10:32:26 PM
En Tue, 27 Oct 2009 19:31:45 -0300, Stef Mientki <stef.mientki@gmail.com>
escribi�:
> KillSwitch wrote:

>> I have python successfully embedded in a program I wrote.
>> What files do I need and where do I need to put them so that it can
>> run on systems that don't have python installed?
>>
> I embed python in Delphi apps, and the only thing I add is python24.dll,
> which I put in the same directory as the Delphi executable,
> (but i you want a less clean install, you can put the dll also in the
> windows directory)

In addition to that DLL, include as much of the standard library as you
want in a 'Lib' subdirectory (at least os.py; it is used by the
initialization code to determine the standard library location). Or
nothing.

--
Gabriel Genellina

0