Embedding Python in an embedded system

Howdy.

I'm looking at embedding python in a little embedded system. The device
(a linksys wrt54g router, popular hack object since it runs linux), has
limited resources. Just 4MB flash and 16MB memory.

I'm interested in Python because I need to be more agile with developing
an application for this platform. Currently I am using C++ but it takes
just too much time to develop/debug code.

Does anyone have experience doing something like this?

 S.

Stefan Arentz wrote:
> Howdy.
>
> I'm looking at embedding python in a little embedded system. The device
> (a linksys wrt54g router, popular hack object since it runs linux), has
> limited resources. Just 4MB flash and 16MB memory.
>
> I'm interested in Python because I need to be more agile with developing
> an application for this platform. Currently I am using C++ but it takes
> just too much time to develop/debug code.
>
> Does anyone have experience doing something like this?
>
>  S.
I've seen reports of people having ported Python to the Linksys Network
Storage device, which as far as I know uses the same chip and a similar
Linux environment - or possibly even the WRT45G itself. Google isn't
being very cooperative, though, sorry.

regards
  Steve
--
Steve Holden       +44 150 684 7255  +1 800 494 3119

steve73 (4801)