Error in IDLE

--001a114029fa90caf1051d5b6945

I just installed python. But I'm unable to access IDLE after several clicks
and double clicks. I even tried repairing by trying to reinstall but I have
the same issue.

--001a114029fa90caf1051d5b6945

--001a114029fa90caf1051d5b6945--
0
Henry

Error in IDL-Python Bridge
Dear ALL, I just installed IDL 8.5 in CentOS and am testing IDL-Python bridge. When I run examples from the documentation, I got an error below: Command: plt = Python.Import('matplotlib.pyplot') Error: % PYTHON_IMPORT: Exception: No module named PySide. % Execution halted at: $MAIN$ I don't have problems running "ran = Python.Import('numpy.random')". I don't have problem running in ipython "import matplotlib.pyplot". Does anyone have some clue? Thanks! On Sunday, September 6...

Python 3.2 Idle doesn't start. No error message.
Hello all. I have Python 2.71 installed on my Windows 7 laptop and it runs fine. I was having a problem with Python 3.2, 32bit, not starting with an error message saying this application has quit abnormally. That was fixed when I took the PYTHONPATH statement out of my environment variables. However, now when I try to start Idle, I can see some hard drive activity, but Idle for Python 3.2 does not start; nothing happens. Any clues as to the problem here? On 5/24/2011 8:01 AM, markrrivet@aol.com wrote: > Hello all. I have Python 2.71 installed on my Windows 7 laptop and it > runs fine. I...

..\..\Python-2.5.2\Include\pyport.h(117) : fatal error C1189: #error : "Python needs a typedef for Py_ssize_t in pyport.h."
When I try and compile using VS2003 for Release. Compiles fine for Debug. In a hurry (should be gardening). Any solution? TIA Bill ...

Encode differences between idle python and python
Hello: Under win32 XP y select python command line and execute next code with results indicated: Python 2.5 (r25:51908, Sep 19 2006, 09:52:17) [MSC v.1310 32 bit (Intel)] on Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information. >>> u=3Du'=E1=E9=ED=F3=FA' >>> u u'\xe1\xe9\xed\xf3\xfa' >>> print u =E1=E9=ED=F3=FA >>> a=3Du.encode('latin-1') >>> a '\xe1\xe9\xed\xf3\xfa' >>> print a =DF=DA=DD=BE=B7 >>> type(a) <type 'str'> >>&g...

how to run python file from the python IDLE editor
Greetins all 1. I can easily run python file from a comand prompt just typing "python filname.py". How can I do this from the python IDLE shell 2. How to create EXE in python. thanks all for making me to be more copnfortable with python Seid M -- "RABI ZIDNI ILMA" On Oct 31, 1:33=A0am, "Seid Mohammed" <seidy...@gmail.com> wrote: > Greetins all > 1. I can easily run python file from a comand prompt just typing > "python filname.py". > How can I do this from the python IDLE shell > 2. How to create EXE in python. > thanks all for...

IDLE history, Python IDE, and Interactive Python with Vim
This is sort of both Python and Vim related (which is why I've posted to both newsgroups). Python related: ---------------------- I have been frustrated for quite some time with a lack of a history command in IDLE (in fact with IDLE in general). Often I'll develop new code at the command line, testing each line as I go. Currently I have to copy and paste, removing outputs and the ">>>" at each line. Is it perhaps possible to make some kind of hack to do this (dump a command history)? Idle in general isn't that great IMO, so I was wondering also if...

python ScriptControl error in Excel while running fine in python
I am trying to use ScriptControl under Excel (Windows XP) with the code: Global sc As New MSScriptControl.ScriptControl Public Function os_getcwd() sc.Language = "python" sc.ExecuteStatement ("import os") os_getcwd = sc.Eval("os.getcwd()") End Function When setting the language to python I have the error "A script engine for the specified language..." On the other side, under python, the translated code: import win32com.client sc=win32com.client.Dispatch("ScriptControl") sc.Language = "python" sc.ExecuteStatement (&q...

how to run python file from the python IDLE editor #2
hi all, I have a problem. when i run a file "python xxx.py zzzz" from a comand line, it just work. But the DOS command line do not support unicode and I want to run it just from the IDLE editor. i can run by pressing F5, but without an argument anybody can hint me how to run with an argument just in the Python IDLE editor Thanks a lot Seid M. -- "RABI ZIDNI ILMA" ...

IDLE history, Python IDE, and Interactive Python with Vim
This is sort of both Python and Vim related (which is why I've posted to both newsgroups). Python related: ---------------------- I have been frustrated for quite some time with a lack of a history command in IDLE (in fact with IDLE in general). Often I'll develop new code at the command line, testing each line as I go. Currently I have to copy and paste, removing outputs and the ">>>" at each line. Is it perhaps possible to make some kind of hack to do this (dump a command history)? Idle in general isn't that great IMO, so I was wondering also if t...

Fatal Python error with Py_InitModule (Python 2.3)
I'm using Python embedded in my app, and I've run into problems creating my own modules. I'm using Python version 2.3 compiled with MSVC .NET (not 2003). When I call Py_InitModule I get the message: "Fatal Python error: Interpreter not initialized (version mismatch?)" However, Python does seem to be initialized. Py_IsInitialized() returns 1, and I can PyImport_Import() and I can run scripts successfully from my program. I'm not sure what I could be doing wrong, all the information I've found online indicates that the above message comes from incompatible v...

error or not an error ...
I was just testing out the R4 REXX thingy, and it found an error in the following program. My question is this, is it an error or not? My PC/REXX and Regina don't barf on it, but I thought they should've. _____________________________________________ /**/ ?.='' ?.z='batman' trace i if ?.z\==''then do; say '?.z=' ?.z; end ______________________________________________ Note that there is space before the THEN. I'm not sure of the exact rules for parsing an IF statement, I know that THEN is a "reserved" keyword when an IF statement is...

My Python error...
Basically I have Mac OS X 10.4.11 and I've got python 2.5. When I go to TextEdit and type in something like #!/usr/bin/env python print 2+2 and save it as simplescript.py. Then I go to terminal and cd my way to the dir that the script source is in and type: python simplescript.py And the output is: File "simplescript.py", line 1 SyntaxError: Non-ASCII character '\xfe' in file simplescript.py on line 1, but no encoding declared; see http://www.python.org/peps/pep-0263.html for details What does this mean? And how do I make it work again? Thanks for reading SaMTHG SaMTHG@...

When is an error not an error?
The Java language specification claims in: 8.8.7.1 Explicit Constructor Invocations .... "If an anonymous class instance creation expression appears within an explicit constructor invocation statement, then the anonymous class may not refer to any of the enclosing instances of the class whose constructor is being invoked." Helpfully it gives an example: "For example: class Top { int x; class Dummy { Dummy(Object o) {} } class Inside extends Dummy { Inside() { super(new Object() { int r = x; }); // err...

Error in IDL
Hi, I get the error in running the program as "Attempt to call undefined procedure/function". So, I have added the path of the program to the default path using '! path'. Even it gives the same error. I tried 'resolve_all' command also. It says that ' % Compiled module: RESOLVE_ALL. % Attempt to call undefined procedure/function: 'DEFAULT'. % Error occurred at: RESOLVE_ALL_BODY 290 /usr/local/itt/idl71/lib/ resolve_all.pro % RESOLVE_ALL 351 /usr/local/itt/idl71/lib/ resolve_all.pro % $MAIN$ % Execution halte...

Python Error :(
I wasn't able to run a Python script. But then later I was able to run it through the Shell. I was experimenting with cron jobs and set up the python execution in as a cron. The first time it ran, It was fine but then after that, it started giving me some errors. Now when I try to run the script directly, I get the following error: Traceback (most recent call last): File "<stdin>", line 1, in ? File "userbot.py", line 637, in ? con = connect() File "userbot.py", line 607, in connect con.requestRoster() File "user.py", line 53...

Web resources about - Error in IDLE - comp.lang.python

Pilot error - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Pilot error (sometimes called cockpit error ) is a term used to describe the cause of an accident involving an airworthy aircraft where the pilot ...

Council amalgamation report 'awash with errors'
... dollars in its costings of forced council amalgamations as the result of a KPMG report which has been described as being &quot;awash with errors&quot;. ...

Error 404: Security insights found
... are generally associated with client requests 500 - 599 are generally server related For the casual web user, an encounter with a 404 error ...

Weekend Reading: Robert Skidelsky: The Optimism Error
**Robert Skidelsky**: [The Optimism Error](http://www.newstatesman.com/politics/economy/2016/01/optimism-error): "When a slump threatened... ...

This self-installing car seat is designed to eliminate human error
The headaches of installing car seats safely may be cured with this connected car seat from 4moms . The seat is self-installing, which means ...

Avoiding errors and issues at the hospital - Videos - CBS News
More than 35 million Americans a year spend at least one night in a hospital, and the system may seem complicated to navigate. Dr. Tara Narula ...

US sailors made 'navigational error' : Pentagon
The 10 U.S. sailors held by Iran before being released on Wednesday made a navigational mistake, the U.S. military said on Thursday.

Carter: 'Navigational error' led sailors to Iran waters - CNNPolitics.com
... were within three miles of Iran's Farsi Island when the Iranians took them. "I think that this much is clear, there was a navigational error ...

Ted Cruz: Failure To Report Goldman Sachs Loan A 'Paperwork Error'
Old Tailgunner Ted feigned ignorance and had the nerve to play the poverty card when asked about the loan he "forgot to mention" to the FEC from ...

Cruz: ‘Yes I Made A Paperwork Error — They’d Better Go Back To The Well’
Cruz: ‘Yes I Made A Paperwork Error — They’d Better Go Back To The Well’