Getting Pygopherd to work under Mac OS X

Hello,
Could someone *please* show us poor Mac users how to install and run
Pygopherd successfully under Mac OS X? The latest version 2.0.4, as
found at http://freshmeat.net/projects/pygopherd/ is my bane. I think I
talked to John Goerzen, the maintainer, a while back but nothing came
of it.
I've tried this twice now, following the instructions given and have
found nothing but grief and many errors.
For a Python app it seems to be rather platform dependant! Does
Pygopherd need to be altered somehow to work under OS X?
If Pygopherd is a lost cause, can someone recommend another
*maintained* gopher daemon with instructions that would allow its' use
under OS X?

--
mattabat <mattabat@gopher.nz>

mattabat@gmail.com writes:

>Could someone *please* show us poor Mac users how to install and run
>Pygopherd successfully under Mac OS X? The latest version 2.0.4, as
>found at http://freshmeat.net/projects/pygopherd/ is my bane. I think I
>talked to John Goerzen, the maintainer, a while back but nothing came
>of it.
>I've tried this twice now, following the instructions given and have
>found nothing but grief and many errors.
>For a Python app it seems to be rather platform dependant! Does
>Pygopherd need to be altered somehow to work under OS X?
>If Pygopherd is a lost cause, can someone recommend another
>*maintained* gopher daemon with instructions that would allow its' use
>under OS X?

Can you be more specific about what doesn't work? I'm not sure what you
mean by platform dependent in this case.

--
      Cameron Kaiser * ckaiser@floodgap.com * posting with a Commodore 128
                personal page: http://www.armory.com/%7Espectre/

can't get python 2.5.5 to work on mac os x 10.4.11
Hi everyone, I posted this in the cocos2d and pyglet discussion group, I thought I'll get a response right away since my problem is quite general but I got no response. I hope you will help me!!! this is the original post http://groups.google.com/group/cocos-discuss/browse_thread/thread/f8bc92498dbd48af# best regards new2Cocos <bchkifa@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi everyone, > > I posted this in the cocos2d and pyglet discussion group, I thought > I'll get a response right away since my problem is quite general but I > got no response. I hope you will...

[ANN] Graphviz for Mac OS X 1.12 (v8) [ANN] Graphviz for Mac OS X 1.12 (v8) [ANN] Graphviz for Mac OS X 1.12 (v8)
Hi all, It's been a busy week or two at Pixelglow Software. Here's a brand new version of Graphviz, all spit and polish now. You'll enjoy the integrated color and font panel support, hand cursor panning and remembered settings. And everyone's most asked for -- a single click on the Edit tool will now bring up the DOT code for you to edit, and of course when you save it the graph automatically re-renders. http://www.pixelglow.com/graphviz/download/ Here's the lowdown: Added edit, render and stop toolbar items [PCh]. Added integrated font and color fields and panels. Adde...

Dear All: Them pesky bugs. A few more squashed courtesy of the sleepy pixel. http://www.pixelglow.com/graphviz/ What's new in v11 ------------ Fixed some comprehensive help [NRi]. Fixed scale option placeholder [NRi]. Improved application and document icons. Example files now double-click to open in application. What's new in v12 ------------ Added layout option tooltips [NRi]. Fixed layout popup button changing wrong graph [MKe]. Clicking on warning icon now opens Activity window [NRi, AM]. Revert menu item now disabled. Cheers, Glen Low --- pixelglow software | simply brillian...

[ANN] Graphviz for Mac OS X 1.13 (v13) [ANN] Graphviz for Mac OS X 1.12 (v8) [ANN] Graphviz for Mac OS X 1.12 (v8)
Dear All, I've just released the newest version of Mac Graphviz, featuring shapefile support and enhanced zoom. http://www.pixelglow.com/graphviz/ Shapefiles supported include PDF, EPS, PS, JPEG, PNG and all Quicktime formats. Either specify an absolute or relative (to working directory) file path, or a URL using the shapefile attribute. Developers can now also use the graphviz.framework directly with #include headers in C e.g. using Xcode "Add Frameworks..."; documentation is available from the main Graphviz site -- http://www.research.att.com/sw/tools/graphviz/libguide.pdf...

Hi all, Yet another Graphviz version. The old application icon had been voted off the island, and brand new application and document icons flown in for the task. Comprehensive help features in this version too. http://www.pixelglow.com/graphviz/ What's new: ------------ Added new application and document icons. Added comprehensive help. Fixed changes not affecting graph size displaying incorrectly [BTr]. Fixed export then close crashing the export of an open window. Improved shadowed frame for graph [NRi]. Improved status display [NRi]. Changed sources to pure BSD license. Cheers, Gl...

Making pygopherd working with Mac OS X
Hello, I attempted to use pygopherd 2.0.9 work with MacPython 2.3 under Mac OS X 10.3.7 but I'm afraid I hit a brick wall trying to make it run. Does anyone know how to make this work? I obtained pygopherd from gopher://gopher.quux.org/1/devel/gopher/pygopherd - or for the gopher client deprived, from http://gopher.quux.org:70/devel/gopher/pygopherd Has anyone managed to get pygopherd running with MacPython? -- mattabat mattabat@hotmail.com (mattabat) writes: >I attempted to use pygopherd 2.0.9 work with MacPython 2.3 under Mac >OS X 10.3.7 but I'm afraid I hit a brick wall t...

PDF to EPS workarounds for Mac OS X Attention TeXy, TeXy peoples: PDF to EPS workarounds for Mac OS X Attention TeXy, TeXy peoples: PDF to EPS workarounds for Mac OS X Attention TeXy, TeXy
Attention TeXy, TeXy peoples: (excuse the mispronunciation; punny licence) It seems that Mac OS X has partially documented issues (http://altair.ific.uv.es/~JaxoDraw/Bugparade/bugparade.htm, http://developer.apple.com/java/faq/issues.html#anchor6) with the generation of EPS, and I'm trying to find a workaround. The Preview application cannot export to eps, but it can read it (converting it to PDF). If I use Adobe Acrobat to read the PDF generated by Preview, the EPS it generates sometimes (inconsistently) causes dvips to make an unreadable file. What I'm trying to do is the followi...

unable to get ssh from windows to Mac OS X to work
I have OpenSSH for Windows running at work and I want to ssh to my Mac OS X box at home. I've generated a dsa key/pair at work and took the my ..pub key home. I then cat myname_dsa.pub >> ~/.ssh/authorized_keys on my home machine. Now when I try it from work I type ssh -i myname_dsa -v myname@mymacosx.net and I get this output: OpenSSH_3.8.1p1, OpenSSL 0.9.7d 14 Mar 2004 debug1: Connecting to mymacosx.net [aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd] port 22. debug1: Connection established. debug1: identity file myname_dsa type 2 ssh_exchange_identification: Connection closed by remote host I have originally...

Getting sound and joystick to work on Mac OS X emulator
Amici, Am I asking this question in the right place anyway? Can anybody point me in the right direction then? My question is: Does anybody have the sound and/or joystick working on the MaxUAE Emulator? I don't know how to make it work. And by the way is there a way to change the screen resolution? Thanks already, Rezpack "Kasper Kalf" <bilk10@hotmail.com> wrote: > Amici, > > Am I asking this question in the right place anyway? Can anybody point me in > the right direction then? No problem...this belongs to alt.emulators.amiga :-) (note: ...

Mac OS X & Mac OS X Server
Hi, I'm currently using a 9i developer release on Mac OS X (10.3) which has proved very stable so far. My understanding of the various Oracle press releases is that 10G will be released for Mac OS X, are there any beta testers out there wiling to comment on availabilitu/quality/performance issues for 10G on Mac OS X? Another question is whether tools such as the OEM will be available in 10G for Mac OS X, does anybody know? Yours in anticipation! Steve Steve <steve@nospam.com> wrote in message news:<2004013008345616807%steve@nospamcom>... > releases is that 10G wil...

Mac OS 9.x included in Mac OS X?
Hi, I read that Mac OS X has a so-called classic mode which emulates Mac OS 9.x so that older applications can still be run. Provided one is not an upgrader from Mac OS 9.x, does Mac OS X include Mac OS 9.x required for the classic mode or does it have to be bought separately? Peter >Provided one is not an upgrader from Mac OS 9.x, does Mac OS X include >Mac OS 9.x required for the classic mode or does it have to be bought >separately? If you buy the installer for OS X it *does not* include OS 9. You generally use the copy of OS 9 that came with your computer in order to install C...

Can't get extensions working mac os x
Howdy.. I can't seem to get my extensions to load on mac os x. - I'm running Mac OS X 10.5.6 - Here's the output from PEAR crosenmbp:extensions crosen$ pear -V PEAR Version: 1.7.2 PHP Version: 5.2.6 Zend Engine Version: 2.2.0 - The error messages from my apache logs PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib/ php/extensio ns/no-debug-non-zts-20060613/apc.so' - (null) in Unknown on line 0 Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib/php/ extensions/no -debug-non-zts-20060613/apc.so' - (null) in Unknown on line 0 - When...

How to get a correct entry in the menu for a Python application on Mac OS X
Hello, I am fairly new to Mac OS X and would like to know, what I have to do to make my Python application show the correct name in the menu bar. What did I do so far. I created an application package containing the .plist file with correct entries and a shell script, that starts the correct Python interpreter with the the main script. The menu bar just shows Python instead of the name of my application. If you are interested the application can be found via http://eric-ide.python-projects.org. Regards, Detlev -- Detlev Offenbach detlev@die-offenbachs.de Detlev Offenbach wrote: >...

Hi. Someone told me that Mac OS X 10.7.x and 10.8.x do not come with iLife like the older Mac OS X versions (e.g., 10.5.x). I did not know this! Since my client uses iPhoto that came preinstalled on his old 2008 MacBook Pro's Mac OS X 10.5.x (10.5.8 right now), can he use the old one from 10.5.8? Or will he need a third party replacement (needs to import/copy the old image files) or buy a new iPhoto version for his photo(graph)s? I recalled he did not like iPhoto and wonder if the new one is any better. Thank you in advance. :) -- Quote of the Week: "Every ruler...

Web resources about - Getting Pygopherd to work under Mac OS X - comp.lang.python

Gopher (protocol) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
/ ˈ ɡ oʊ f ər / ) is a TCP/IP application layer protocol designed for distributing, searching, and retrieving documents over the Internet. Strongly ...

Overbite Project: Why still use Gopher? What makes Gopher relevant?
Most people who "get" Gopher are already using it and instinctivelyunderstand why Gopher is still useful and handy. On the other hand,people ...

Gopher (protocol) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Gopher protocol / ˈ ɡ oʊ f ər / is a TCP/IP application layer protocol designed for distributing, searching, and retrieving documents over ...