gui scripting

HI,

I have a 2 phase question:

Phase 1 is I am needing to automate a report generation from a
proprietary product.  Currently a person sits and input's the data into
a GUI frontend and clicks's the appropriate buttons to start the report
generation.  What I am wanting todo is automate this, but since the GUI
is from a proprietary product all I have is the GUI.

This is done on a Linux Xfree server.  Can anyone please point me in a
direction to a pythonic gui scripting module ?
Python is the best tool and we use it elsewhere - so it is the best
option.

Second phase will have this done on a Windows platform... but that is
second priority ...

Thanks

0
2/14/2005 11:51:21 AM
comp.lang.python 74935 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

6 Replies
117 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 59
In article <1108381881.828494.98340@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
Tonino <tonino.greco@gmail.com> wrote:
>HI,
>
>I have a 2 phase question:
>
>Phase 1 is I am needing to automate a report generation from a
>proprietary product.  Currently a person sits and input's the data into
>a GUI frontend and clicks's the appropriate buttons to start the report
>generation.  What I am wanting todo is automate this, but since the GUI
>is from a proprietary product all I have is the GUI.
>
>This is done on a Linux Xfree server.  Can anyone please point me in a
>direction to a pythonic gui scripting module ?
>Python is the best tool and we use it elsewhere - so it is the best
>option.
>
>Second phase will have this done on a Windows platform... but that is
>second priority ...
			.
			.
			.
While I understand and applaud your affection for Python,
the solution that I think will best suit you is based on
Tcl.  <URL: http://wiki.tcl.tk/android > has details.

For the Windows side, see <URL: http://wiki.tcl.tk/8813 >.
0
claird (2363)
2/14/2005 6:08:03 PM
thanks - this helps ;))

will play with android ...

0
2/15/2005 5:54:07 AM
hmm - there is a problem - Android uses Xtest extensions - this is BAD
;)

I Need to be able to get values from the form that is returned ... and
the Xtest stuff does not allow you to access the values of a returned
form in the GUI ...

example :

if the GUI has a form that is returned and in this form it has columns
on the left expressing names for values on the right - you cannot get
the text for the columns on the left or the associated values ...

Thanks

0
2/15/2005 7:02:15 AM
> >Second phase will have this done on a Windows platform... but that is
> >second priority ...
<http://www.brunningonline.net/simon/blog/archives/winGuiAuto.py.html>

<http://www.tizmoi.net/watsup/intro.html>

--Phil.
0
follower (24)
2/15/2005 7:09:03 AM
hi,

thanks - am already involved in a process to modify winguiauto.py  -
this is a GREAT start but we need more control and better handleing ;)

Thanks for the WATSUP site - will check on this as well ;)

Thanks
T

0
2/17/2005 12:48:19 PM
On 17 Feb 2005 04:48:19 -0800, Tonino <tonino.greco@gmail.com> wrote:
> thanks - am already involved in a process to modify winguiauto.py  -
> this is a GREAT start but we need more control and better handleing ;)

Can you be more specific?

> Thanks for the WATSUP site - will check on this as well ;)

WATSUP uses winguiauto.py.

-- 
Cheers,
Simon B,
simon@brunningonline.net,
http://www.brunningonline.net/simon/blog/
0
2/21/2005 12:13:48 PM
Reply:
Similar Artilces: