gui scripting

HI,

I have a 2 phase question:

Phase 1 is I am needing to automate a report generation from a
proprietary product.  Currently a person sits and input's the data into
a GUI frontend and clicks's the appropriate buttons to start the report
generation.  What I am wanting todo is automate this, but since the GUI
is from a proprietary product all I have is the GUI.

This is done on a Linux Xfree server.  Can anyone please point me in a
direction to a pythonic gui scripting module ?
Python is the best tool and we use it elsewhere - so it is the best
option.

Second phase will have this done on a Windows platform... but that is
second priority ...

Thanks

In article <1108381881.828494.98340@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
Tonino <tonino.greco@gmail.com> wrote:
>HI,
>
>I have a 2 phase question:
>
>Phase 1 is I am needing to automate a report generation from a
>proprietary product.  Currently a person sits and input's the data into
>a GUI frontend and clicks's the appropriate buttons to start the report
>generation.  What I am wanting todo is automate this, but since the GUI
>is from a proprietary product all I have is the GUI.
>
>This is done on a Linux Xfree server.  Can anyone please point me in a
>direction to a pythonic gui scripting module ?
>Python is the best tool and we use it elsewhere - so it is the best
>option.
>
>Second phase will have this done on a Windows platform... but that is
>second priority ...
			.
			.
			.
While I understand and applaud your affection for Python,
the solution that I think will best suit you is based on
Tcl.  <URL: http://wiki.tcl.tk/android > has details.

For the Windows side, see <URL: http://wiki.tcl.tk/8813 >.
0
claird (2363)
2/14/2005 6:08:03 PM
thanks - this helps ;))

will play with android ...

hmm - there is a problem - Android uses Xtest extensions - this is BAD
;)

I Need to be able to get values from the form that is returned ... and
the Xtest stuff does not allow you to access the values of a returned
form in the GUI ...

example :

if the GUI has a form that is returned and in this form it has columns
on the left expressing names for values on the right - you cannot get
the text for the columns on the left or the associated values ...

Thanks

> >Second phase will have this done on a Windows platform... but that is
> >second priority ...
<http://www.brunningonline.net/simon/blog/archives/winGuiAuto.py.html>

<http://www.tizmoi.net/watsup/intro.html>

--Phil.
0
follower (24)
2/15/2005 7:09:03 AM
hi,

thanks - am already involved in a process to modify winguiauto.py  -
this is a GREAT start but we need more control and better handleing ;)

Thanks for the WATSUP site - will check on this as well ;)

Thanks

On 17 Feb 2005 04:48:19 -0800, Tonino <tonino.greco@gmail.com> wrote:
> thanks - am already involved in a process to modify winguiauto.py  -
> this is a GREAT start but we need more control and better handleing ;)

Can you be more specific?

> Thanks for the WATSUP site - will check on this as well ;)

WATSUP uses winguiauto.py.

--
Cheers,
Simon B,

GUI in C Language
Hi every one , Currently i am learning C language in DOS. I am using Turbo C++ 3.0 as my compiler. I want to develop a software for our school library. I want to do it with C. Can any one provide me any books name or links to develop my own GUI system in C ? Thanx in advance. thushianthan15@gmail.com said: > > Hi every one , > Currently i am learning C language in DOS. I am > using Turbo C++ 3.0 as my compiler. I want to develop a software for > our school library. I want to do it with C. Can any one provide me any > books na...

Venus (Universal Database Access) can run scripts
Below is an example of a real script I had used at work. This script is dynamic Java. Binh http://vmdd.tech.mylinuxisp.com/catalog/ =============================== void upd (sales, arm, amt) { sql1 = "update tbl_sales set threshold = threshold - " + amt + " where sales_id = " + sales; sql2 = "update tbl_sales set threshold = threshold - " + amt + " where sales_id = " + arm; parentarea_i.append (sql1); parentarea_i.append ("\n"); cnt = stmt_i.executeUpdate (sql1); parentarea_i.append (cnt + "\n"); parentarea...

Multiple axes in GUI
Hi there, I'm using guide to make a GUI with two axes, but I cannot assign the current figure handle to one of the two axes. It keeps plotting in just one of the axes. Any ideas how to solve this problem? You call the axes() function to switch focus between axes, or else just pass the axes handle in to the plotting routine that you are using (plot(), bar(), scatter,(), etc.). Why do you say that you cannot do this? "Rasmus" <prof.rasmusolesen@gmail.com> wrote in message <hi5aom$rvp$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > Hi there, > > I'm using guide to...

Test Director: can you export scripts to excel?
We are looking at buying Mercury. Our question that does not seem to get answered by sales is : Once you have entered all the test scripts in Test Director, is there a way to print those out, preferibly to export to Excel for formating and printing from there. We always need to provide a hard copy of our test scripts to the customer to get the contract. So this is not printing reports with defects. This is just a list with the case number, title, steps to recreate, and expected results. Thanks for your help. yes. The reports are probably the easiest way to do this though. testdae wr...

GUI: opening a gui from another gui
Hi, I would like to open another gui from another gui and have access to the data from the original gui. Is that possible with matlab? how? Thank you in advance, Leor hi, you can use "clipboard" command in that case. go to matlab help and see the syntax for clipboard. try it, best of luck. if you need detail discussion, you can contact with me by my mail id. regards Nabarun adhikary Jadavpur University India I am wondering what the best way is to transfer some of the handles from one GUI to another. Read about varargin/varargout...is there an example reated to GUIs? Leo...

Arabic Script in Photoshop ME
Hi, when I past Arabic script into Photoshop ME it looks fuzzy and unreadable. Any tips? On Mar 6, 10:14 pm, susannah.marcu...@gmail.com wrote: > Hi, when I past Arabic script into Photoshop ME it looks fuzzy and > unreadable. Any tips? Well ! i am not sure ! but hope that the arabic font that you are using is not post-script font ! On Mar 6, 8:14 pm, susannah.marcu...@gmail.com wrote: > Hi, when I past Arabic script into Photoshop ME it looks fuzzy and > unreadable. Any tips? Hi There! Photoshop ME is the version modified to handle Arabic and Hebrew (Right To Left) writ...

US-TX-Austin: Sr. Design Eng., Expert using script language, timing analyzers, (45316232409)
US-TX-Austin: Sr. Design Eng., Expert using script language, timing analyzers, (45316232409) ============================================================================================ Position: Sr. Design Eng. Reference: SMC01536 Location: Austin TX Duration: Perm Skills: Exp Validating silicon Exp Debugging Exp Providing clever fixes with the least cost High proficiency in writing Verilog Able to calculate parasitic capacitance of interconnect by hand. Expert using a scri...

MATLAB GUI
Hello, I have started learning MATLAB GUI a few days ago. I consciously and by all means refused to start with GUIDE so I went straight for programmatic way! Currently, I am learning basics or perhaps even slightly more advanced aspects of MATLAB GUI and I stuck. I have made a simple figure that can be re-sized according to my callback function. Additionally, I implemented a simple additional functionality, a sort of zooming in or out by using mouse wheel up and down roller. I have used the WindowScrollWheelFcn property and set to it a callback function. My problem is that I don't...

Ruby GUI?
I am just playing with Ruby at the moment, although seriously enough to buy a couple of books, so I am still in the command line learning mode (on Linux). I was wondering what Ruby folks use to build gui apps. I notice that TK sort of supports Ruby, but I haven't found much documentation on that yet. Possibly QT? Anybody? Thanks EVMan On Aug 6, 10:04 am, EVman <no...@nowhere.com> wrote: > I am just playing with Ruby at the moment, although seriously enough to > buy a couple of books, so I am still in the command line learning mode (on > Linux). > > I was won...

Load Data to workspace using GUI
Hi, I'm lost at how to load data to MATLAB workspace using GUI. Can someone help me out? i entered the following line in one of the callback functions in one of the push buttons in the GUI: load test.mat however this does not load the data. I know i'm wrong but how should i go about doing it? Thanks a lot. Hi, can you tell us the exact error message ? J�r�me J�r�me wrote: > > > Hi, > > can you tell us the exact error message ? > > J�r�me > Hi, thanks i solved it. Steve Chan wrote: > > > Presuming the test.mat file was located in your Matlab...

How come I can't do this query with php script?
Hi all, I'm working on my first php+mysql program. I have a mysqld running and there's a DB named "example" with a table "tbl". Here it is: -------------- mysql> use example; Reading table information for completion of table and column names You can turn off this feature to get a quicker startup with -A Database changed mysql> select * from tbl; +------+----------+----------+----------------+ | idx | UserName | LastName | FreeText | +------+----------+----------+----------------+ | 2 | Rafi | Ton | Just a test | | 1 | li | ken ...

Creating a shell script which installs patches on SUN system
I'm having issues creating a Bourne shell script which gets SUN recommended patches from sunsolve.com and installs them onto my server. Also, the script has to grep return codes of 5 and/or 25 so that I can reinstall them again. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. shooter wrote: > I'm having issues creating a Bourne shell script which gets SUN > recommended patches from sunsolve.com and installs them onto my > server. Also, the script has to grep return codes of 5 and/or 25 so > that I can reinstall them again. Any assistance would be greatly > ...

GUI: how to delete a GUI figure using a uipushtool
Hi everyone, I got one small problem related to GUI and i haven't found a proper techdoc example for it. I have installed a uitoolbar in my GUI, with a uipushtool which is named return one level. I want it to function such that, when i click on it, the current GUI(level2) will close and the upper level GUI (say level1) will open. its like the up button in simulink, where when we click on the up button,current model is closed and we move to the upper level. That way i dont have to worry about too many figure files loitering around. the problem is: at the uipushtool, i have defined cl...

GUI for commandline programs #2
I'm looking for a simple, easy to learn, low weight GUI for use in Ruby programs that mainly use the command line but where a bit of GUI might be in order. To give a clearer idea, let me show some examples: 1) Going to a youtube user that has multiple playlists, parsing the playlist then opening a GUI with a list of the playlists so you can chose which to download. 2) At a point in the program, you need to specify a folder to store your data in, so you want to pop open a folder save dialog box, then continue with your basic commandline program. 3) A loop in a program input a fil...

how to close a GUI?
Hi all, I define a simple GUI with two edit box and two push button, OK and CANCEL The aim of this GUI is to ask two values to the user. It works correctly, and after clicking the OK button I have the answer in the workspace. The okButton_Callback is okButton_Callback(...) ... handles.output=handles.value_1; handles.output2=handles.value_2; guidata(hObject, handles); --------------------- The question is: How to close the GUI after OK or CANCEL? which command? in which callback? Thanks! To make the GUI close (ie. disappear), all you have to say is: delete(handles.figure1); Just...

Working with multiple windows in GUI
Hi all, I want to know how can we create multiple windows in GUI. Basically I have a main menu window in which I need to select one option from where it should enter in to new window showing the results in it. Second window should have an option to go back to main window. Please help me with it. Thank you "malli kartheek yalamanchili" <kartheek.ym@gmail.com> wrote in message <h1bpht$1i2$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > Hi all, > > I want to know how can we create multiple windows in GUI. Basically I have a main menu window in which I need to select one option fro...

[News] A Close Look at the Most Recent Fedora 7, with Virtualisation GUIs
Fedora 7 Test 2 Screenshots gallery http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=653&num=1 virt-manager in Fedora 7 ,----[ Quote ] | One of the areas that wasn't covered in Phoronix's Fedora 7 Test 2 | screenshots today was the virt-manager that will be found in Fedora | 7. The improvements to make virt-manager and the virtualization | system not only support Xen but also QEMU and KVM is certainly | an achievement. `---- http://www.michaellarabel.com/index.php?k=blog&i=68 Related: Xen GUI In Fedora Core 6 ,----[ Quote ] | The new version (6) of Fedora Core, ...

Archiving script
Hi, I am relatively new with programming in general. My question pertains to automating an archiving task. After I run a particular program, large amounts of log files are generated. I would like to move (not copy) all these into a subdirectory labeled with the timestamp. Evenutally, I would also like to include these log files into a zip file. The code below is a brief example of what I currently have. However, I do not know of a command in tcl/expect which can move files. Also, I am unsure about how wildcards work with these commands. I don't really know where to begin with adding these...

Opening a Image in MatLAB GUI
If I open a Image in MatLAB GUI say for example the resolution is (2000 x 1500) it fit to the axes correctly Then after If I open another Image which has a different resolution (500 x 600), it doesn't fit to the axes and it uses the previous one(2000 x 1500) and display the (500 x 600) Image. So the difference is left as a white space How to tackle this problem? I want to fit to the axis always, If I open a the Images successively. Thank you, Best Regards, Paheerathan Paheerathan: Try this code I yanked from one of my m-files: % Display image array in a window on th...

How to Test GUI Apps for many Python X GUI toolkits
Hi, There are many options for writing desktop GUI applications with Python and I'd like to explore some of them. However, to do this I need to be able to test various Python 3.x X GUI toolkit y.z combinations. With PyQt4 this is easy. (Example given at the end.) I'd like to be able to do the same with other Python GUI toolkits. - For PyGObject (PyGtk's successor) it seems that you have to do a local build of Gtk+ and the PyGObject. I've tried and failed on this. (And even if I'd succeeded, I don't see how to do this for local Pythons.) - I haven...

GUIDE/GUI quickie
Is there a trick to having a plot window in a GUI start off with a saved graphic? I borrowed the two_axes GUI to make an interface to a project. I have changed all of the functions behind in the two_axes.m file associated with the two_axes.fig file, but when I first open the GUI, it still shows the sample graphics. Not sure which two_axes gui you're referring to, but did you try just putting a cla statement in the opening function? If it is a two-file (seperate fig and m files) it is possible to save the fig file with plots already in it. Things to try: Open the fig file in guide, and...

I need help calling info from a 2nd GUI into my main GUI (Note: 2nd GUI is opened by main GUI)
I have a main GUI which has a pushbutton to open a 2nd GUI. Within the 2nd GUI the user will pick a material with a specific name, and when the user loads and closes the 2nd GUI, I want the main GUI to display the name given so that the user will always know what material they have picked. How do I do this? I'm not quite sure how to call the material name from the 2nd GUI, and how to code the main GUI so that it displays the material name after the 2nd GUI has been loaded and closed?! I thought about using the uiwait command after the open(GUI2.fig) and then inserting the uiresume(GUImain...

VB Script problem !!!
There is one text file called mig.txt, the contents of which are pasted below. ----------------------------------------------------------- ****************************************************** Microsoft Exchange Migration Wizard, v(6.5.7226.4) Start Logging: 07/01/05 15:20:30 ****************************************************** [15:20:30] Mailboxes to be migrated from server blrkec37pdc: sidharth [15:20:30] Updating Active Directory. [15:20:31] Updated mailbox information for sidharth in Active Directory. [15:20:31] Migrating Mailboxes. [15:20:31] Started migrating mailbox sidharth to se...

UNIX SCRIPT HELP TO BATCH RENAME JPG FILES
I have over 6000 files that I want to rename. They are in the following format ID Number Last Name --->> File Name example: 12345 Smith.jpg I want to rename these files so that only the number remains, All the numbers are unique and some of the numbers are 4 characters and some are 10. Example: 123456789 Smith.jpg should be 123456789.jpg I was thinking to write a script to edit the file name and delete all Alpha Chars in the file name. I havent been using scripting, sed, awk, perl in a while so can use some help. Any ideas? lviviano@gmail.com wrote: > I have over 6000...

Running compiled windows service python script
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------080500080907090006090002 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi All I have a windows service (attached file). I basically just calls another script every 60 seconds. I can install, start and stop this service as expected with: ParseMailboxService.py install | start | stop The problem is: if I create an exe of this script (all required modules are included in the exe) with gui2exe (a frontend to py2exe) I can install the service - but not start it. The error it returns i...