How do I remotely access Scheduled Tasks from Windows XP to Windows Server 2003?

How can I access and manipulate Scheduled Tasks in Windows using
Python?

I have a Windows XP workstation running Python 2.4.4 using the
win32all modules to control the windows services on multiple Windows
2003 servers.  It works great.

However, I also need to remotely collect the settings for the
scheduled tasks (on those same Windows 2003 servers) and then
manipulate those task settings.

At the very least, I need to find out which ones are enabled and then
be able to disable and re-enable those tasks at will.  It would be
better to be able to also detect the account each task runs as so that
I could only disable selected tasks, but I'll any help I can get.

Thanks,

0
kj7ny1 (13)

"kj7ny" wrote:
> How can I access and manipulate Scheduled Tasks in Windows using
> Python?
>
> I have a Windows XP workstation running Python 2.4.4 using the
> win32all modules to control the windows services on multiple Windows
> 2003 servers.  It works great.
>
> However, I also need to remotely collect the settings for the
> scheduled tasks (on those same Windows 2003 servers) and then
> manipulate those task settings.
>
> At the very least, I need to find out which ones are enabled and then
> be able to disable and re-enable those tasks at will.  It would be
> better to be able to also detect the account each task runs as so that
> I could only disable selected tasks, but I'll any help I can get.
>
> Thanks,

Pywin32 comes with a module that lets you do this, win32com.taskscheduler.
You can use PyITaskScheduler.SetTargetComputer to access tasks on remote
machines.

           Roger

rupole (264)
6/30/2007 5:55:49 PM
On Jun 30, 10:55 am, "Roger Upole" <rup...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> "kj7ny" wrote:
> > How can I access and manipulateScheduledTasksin Windows using
> > Python?
>
> > I have a Windows XP workstation running Python 2.4.4 using the
> > win32all modules to control the windows services on multiple Windows
> > 2003 servers.  It works great.
>
> > However, I also need to remotely collect the settings for the
> >scheduledtasks(on those same Windows 2003 servers) and then
> > manipulate those task settings.
>
> > At the very least, I need to find out which ones are enabled and then
> > be able to disable and re-enable thosetasksat will.  It would be
> > better to be able to also detect the account each task runs as so that
> > I could only disable selectedtasks, but I'll any help I can get.
>
> > Thanks,
>
> Pywin32 comes with a module that lets you do this, win32com.taskscheduler.
> You can use PyITaskScheduler.SetTargetComputer to accesstaskson remote
> machines.
>
>            Roger

I FINALLY found taskscheduler (with the help of your post).  I found
it under

    ...\Python243\Lib\site-packages\win32comext\taskscheduler

.... and, there seems to be a /test/ directory with some examples.
Haven't tried them yet, but they should get me started.

Thanks,

0
kj7ny1 (13)
7/10/2007 12:51:18 AM
On Jul 10, 4:51 am, kj7ny <k...@nakore.com> wrote:
> On Jun 30, 10:55 am, "Roger Upole" <rup...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>

> > "kj7ny" wrote:
> > > How can I access and manipulateScheduledTasksin Windows using
> > > Python?
>
> > > I have a Windows XP workstation running Python 2.4.4 using the
> > > win32all modules to control the windows services on multiple Windows
> > > 2003 servers.  It works great.
>
> > > However, I also need to remotely collect the settings for the
> > >scheduledtasks(on those same Windows 2003 servers) and then
> > > manipulate those task settings.
>
> > > At the very least, I need to find out which ones are enabled and then
> > > be able to disable and re-enable thosetasksat will.  It would be
> > > better to be able to also detect the account each task runs as so that
> > > I could only disable selectedtasks, but I'll any help I can get.
>
> > > Thanks,
>
> > Pywin32 comes with a module that lets you do this, win32com.taskscheduler.
> > You can use PyITaskScheduler.SetTargetComputer to accesstaskson remote
> > machines.
>
> >            Roger

> > ---= East/West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privacy via Encryption =---
>
> I FINALLY found taskscheduler (with the help of your post).  I found
> it under
>
>     ...\Python243\Lib\site-packages\win32comext\taskscheduler
>
> ... and, there seems to be a /test/ directory with some examples.
> Haven't tried them yet, but they should get me started.
>
> Thanks,- Hide quoted text -

kj7ny, could you post back here to learn from?

Thanks.

s|a fynali

0
iladijas (18)

troubles building python 2.5 on Windows XP x64 Windows Server 2003 sp1 Platform SDK
I am needing to build python 2.5 on Windows XP x64 Windows Server 2003 sp1 Platform SDK and am not finding anything documented on the process to use. Has anyone had any success with this? If so has anyone documented it? The documentation that resides in pcbuild/readme.txt is not helpful at all. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks Brad bhochstetler@gmail.com wrote: > I am needing to build python 2.5 on Windows XP x64 Windows Server 2003 > sp1 Platform SDK and am not finding anything documented on the process > to use. Has anyone had any success with this? If so has anyone > d...

Windows API ShellExecute in Access 2003/Windows XP
Hello - I'm currently converting all of the databases from Access 97 to Access 2003. I have been ftp-ing reports from one server to another. The code was written by Dev Ashish from http://www.mvps.org/access/. It worked very well in Access 97/Windows 2000 but then I tried to convert it over to Access 2003, the reports did not ftp over. We are still using Windows 2000 and will be forced to be on Windows XP with Office 2003. I have been searching to see if there are any differences with the Windows API ShellExecute code with both windows and office versions. If anyone has any knowledge o...

Remote access to windows 2003 server
Hi I'm setting up a small office network where they need access to the server from home - they have a windows 2003 server with a netgear ADSL router - can someone please tell me what I need to enable on both the server and router (if anything) to allow them to connect. They only want access to the server not neccessarily the office desktops. Thanks in advance The simplest thing would be to set up RDP. Make sure the server has a static IP address, then forward port 3389 from the Internet router. On the server, right-click "My Computer" and select properties, Go to the &qu...

Remote access to windows 2003 server
Hi I'm setting up a small office network where they need access to the server from home - they have a windows 2003 server with a netgear ADSL router - can someone please tell me what I need to enable on both the server and router (if anything) to allow them to connect. They only want access to the server not neccessarily the office desktops. Thanks in advance The simplest thing would be to set up RDP. Make sure the server has a static IP address, then forward port 3389 from the Internet router. On the server, right-click "My Computer" and select properties, Go to the &qu...

Deployment of SNMP on all windows devices, windows XP , 2003 server
I was thinking one could use VBS or a login script to install SNMP components and services, using something like psexec. the client computers are windows xp pro with limited user accounts. And a few windows 2003 servers. Any one have any ideas? ...

Deployment of SNMP on all windows devices, windows XP , 2003 server
I was thinking one could use VBS or a login script to install SNMP components and services, using something like psexec. the client computers are windows xp pro with limited user accounts. And a few windows 2003 servers. Any one have any ideas? ...

WINDOWS XP PRO --> WINDOWS 2003 SERVER
Hello, I want to add to the domain a computer but I can't. Client PC with Windows XP Pro can only see itself and the same with the windows 2003 server. The ping doesn't work. Maybe the problems are the IP numbers? Hardware is correctly installed and appears in both computers the network icon working. Can someone help me? Thanks in advance. PeeWee You must get basic network TCP/IP connectivity working first. PING tests will help. Once that happens then try joining the PC to the domain. Can you describe your network and TCP/IP network addressing? ...

Windows Script 5.7 for Windows 2000/XP/Server 2003
This post was originally made in microsoft.public.scripting.jscript by Michael Harris and I am reposting it here for the people who don't/can't subscribe to the microsoft groups. The original thread can be read here: <URL: http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.scripting.jscript/browse_frm/thread/91bd7c8dfe3c8a9f/a80a764bfb34d2ee#a80a764bfb34d2ee> Windows Script 5.7 for Windows 2000/XP/Server 2003 Download details: Windows Script 5.7 for Windows 2000 <http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=c03d3e49-b40e-4ca1-a0c7-cc135ec4d2be&displaylang=en...

Remote Desktop. Windows XP HE (server) -> Windows CE (viewer). Thoughts?
Hello *, I'd like to access my Windows XP Home desktop PC's desktop (:)) from a Windows CE palmtop. Now, this is tough because there is no support for a Remote Desktop server in Home edition, so I'll have to use a different program the client/viewer of which will run in my pocket pc. Is there someone aware of something relevant. Any piece of information will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance, Kostas hi kostas, i have a question: how do you connect your palm pc to you xp machine. at the moment i try to connect with my Asus A620 palm top to win xp professional over a Asus...

Remote access to novell from window client through a win. server 2003. Help.
Hi Everybody, I have a novell running network in the office with unconfigured window server 2003. We want to make the server 2003 machine as a gateway through which window client could remotely connected to the novell from home. Any advice will be appreciated as i do not where to start from. please help. Value member What is your intended purpose? Remote Administration? You have two options. 1. You could enable Terminal Services on the W2K3 server and install the Netware Client on the TS. or 2. You could use W2K3 Routing and Remote Access to enable VPN on the server...

Using Eudora 6.0.1.1 in Windows 2000/XP with Application Data Redirected to Windows 2003 Server
Does anybody have any experience with using Eudora 6.0 on Windows 2000/XP machines? Per the installation guide we are using Eudora with user data stored in the Application Data folder for the user. Problems have arisen as we've migrated to Windows 2003 Server and Active Directory. Users now have roaming profiles (stored on the server) and redirected folders (My Documents and Application Data) also stored on the server. Some users also are using laptops with 'Offline Files' turned on. The problems we are seeing are... - OWNER.LOK files are not getting deleted when Eudora quits (or they are getting syncronized from the Client Side Cache to the server on log out) causing multiple instance of Eudora messages. Proceeding with "Accept the consequences" is resulting in TOC and/or MBX corruption. - We seem to be getting corruption of IN.TOC on the file server. Does Eudora support writing this file over a network connection or only to the local machines file system? Thanks for any insight. Trevor Cooper UCSD ...

Running Paradox 4.5 for DOS on XP nodes
We've been running Paradox 4.5 for DOS on our Windows XP PC nodes and keeping our data on an NT4.0 Server. No problems. We're now migrating all our data from our NT4.0 Server to a Server 2003. Are there any "gotchas" or problems we should anticipate or issues we need to be aware of in doing so? TIA to all who reply. "Pietro E Reyes, III" wrote: > We're now migrating all our data from our NT4.0 Server to a Server 2003. no.. you might need to start using Lesspace again, to control the huge disk sizes, but otherwise a server is a serve...

Windows 2003 Server (SP2) vs Windows 2000 Server TCP/IP Performance
Hi, I have a W2K and a W2K3 server under test. The test program has two components: 1. a simple TCP/IP test server 2. a simple TCP/IP test client Both are very small programs (written in VB using a third party COM component for sockets). Both are running on the same machine. i.e. the whole test is local to the machine. The TCP/IP test server listens on a particular port (9000) on 127.0.0.1. Two TCP/IP test clients attempt to connect to the TCP/IP test server, get a few bytes of test data (less than 100bytes) and close the connection. They repeat this process 1000 tim...

Windows 2003 Server (SP2) vs Windows 2000 Server TCP/IP Performance
Hi, I have a W2K and a W2K3 server under test. The test program has two components: 1. a simple TCP/IP test server 2. a simple TCP/IP test client Both are very small programs (written in VB using a third party COM component for sockets). Both are running on the same machine. i.e. the whole test is local to the machine. The TCP/IP test server listens on a particular port (9000) on 127.0.0.1. Two TCP/IP test clients attempt to connect to the TCP/IP test server, get a few bytes of test data (less than 100bytes) and close the connection. They repeat this process 1000 tim...

Run windows apps remotely from a windows xp
Hello, Is it possible to run windows applications remotely from a windows xp box (running cygwin) that is running wine. I am attempting to redirect all gui output to my remote computer using X forwarding through ssh. I know this works on a unix box running wine, maybe it can do the same thing through xp? Thanks! Jose jogeedaklown@yahoo.com wrote: > Hello, > Is it possible to run windows applications remotely from a windows xp > box (running cygwin) that is running wine. I am attempting to redirect > all gui output to my remote computer using X forwarding throug...

Invisible Windows NT4 Server with windows xp?
Hi, I have a Computer Network with several windows 2000 / windows XP computers. However, one of the machines still runs under Windows NT. Now I'm trying to connect a new XP machine. I can see all the computers except the one Windows NT machine (Name:Server #1) in my Network. What am I doing wrong? Best Regards, Jack ...

access other opengl window content in windows xp
Hi all, I'm looking for a way to access the graphic content of an opengl window which does not belong to my application in windows xp. I'm sure this has been done before, but using google i couldn't find anything on it. If somebody could point me to some good information or source code (c or delphi) on this i would really appreciate it. -RD ...

Windows 98 vs Windows server 2003
Hi there, I have a very strange problem. I've installed a Windows 2003 server with some windows 2000 pro clients and 2 windows 98 clients. All works fine but...... One of the employees wants to connect from his home-office by VPN or Terminal session. When i install Routing & Remote access OR the Terminalserver-software on the 2003 server the windows 98 clients are not able to login. Sometimes the password is not accepted and sometimes the client is unable to find the domain for verification of the password. When I uninstall the Routing & Remote Acces and the Termi...

Migrating applications from Windows NT/SQL Server 7.0 to Windows 2003/SQL Server 2000
Hi, I've got a bunch of VB6 applications which currently run on a Windows NT/SQL Server 7.0 server config with client machines on Windows 2000. I'm planning to replace the servers with Windows 2003/SQL Server 2000 configs, keeping client machines on Windows 2000 for now. So generally speaking, are there many programming or configuration changes I'll need to make to the applications so that they'll run on the new configuration? What issues can I expect etc? I'm just after general issues any of you may have experienced by migrating from NT to 2003, and also from SQL Server...

remote access on windows 2003.
Hi, First let me explain to you my setup: 1. PC - Windows XP. This PC has two network cards, one for local network and one for internet. Both have IP addresses: > local card -> 192.168.1.5 (our local network address) 255.255.255.0 > internet card -> 10.12.174.93 (this IP is provided by the Internet Service Provider) 255.255.0.0 Default Gateway -> 10.12.174.1 (provided by ISP) 2. Server - Windows 2003 server edition > network card -> 192.168.1.101 255.255.255.0 Both the above PC are in my office in india. Now I am...

remote access on windows 2003.
Hi, First let me explain to you my setup: 1. PC - Windows XP. This PC has two network cards, one for local network and one for internet. Both have IP addresses: > local card -> 192.168.1.5 (our local network address) 255.255.255.0 > internet card -> 10.12.174.93 (this IP is provided by the Internet Service Provider) 255.255.0.0 Default Gateway -> 10.12.174.1 (provided by ISP) 2. Server - Windows 2003 server edition > network card -> 192.168.1.101 255.255.255.0 Both the above PC are in my office in india. Now I am...

Windows Time, Windows 2000 server and XP Client
Hi, We currently have a windows 2000 machine that has an atomic clock on it. Our PDC (NT 4.0 Server) looks at this to get it's time, and all our NT 4.0 Workstations get the time from this. We are rolling out windows XP, and are trying to build a standard image that look at for the time on either the windows 2000 server or the NT 4.0 PDC. I can't get this working at the moment - if i choose to 'Synchronize with an Internet Time Server', and name either the PDC or Windows 2000 server, it fails. Also, if I type 'NET TIME' from a command prompt, it locates...

Really really confused: Matlab's tricky window behavior on Linux, Windows 2000 and Window XP (was: why my matlab program on Linux and Windows XP behave so differently?)
"gino" <mizhael@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:cd5a6s$due$1@news.Stanford.EDU... > Hi folks, > > The matlab program is supposed to be cross platform compatible. Since matlab > uses Java, it should behave the same for the GUI to display on Windows XP > and Linux. But now, the GUI window was completely random showing on Linux > and on Windows XP. Manu UI control components are off their place. If I fix > this problem on Linux, the the UI controls will be off their place on > Windows; if I fix this problem on Windows, then the UI controls will be off >...

Could anybody point me to comparison of Windows 2K Pro, 2K Server 2003 Server, XP Pro??
Hi, I am searching for a matrix with comparison of different windows operating systems like Win 2k Professional , W 2k Server, Win 2003 Server, XP Pro. Microsoft web site has one such thing but it compares Win 2003 server editions. I would be more interested in core changes between above OSes. Thanks in Advance, Arun. ...

Web resources about - How do I remotely access Scheduled Tasks from Windows XP to Windows Server 2003? - comp.lang.python

Scheduled monument - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Cranmore Castle in Devon is an Iron Age earthwork . Like many scheduled monuments, it blends into the landscape, and may not be evident even ...

New Buffer Browser Plugins Enhance Scheduled Facebook Sharing
Social sharing application Buffer released a set of browser plugins that allow for greater integration with Facebook. continued… New Career ...

Facebook improves post scheduling, notifies page owners of scheduled posts
... a different time that wasn’t even close. So hopefully that will be cleaned up. Facebook also lets page admins know that they have a post scheduled, ...

Now available: Scheduled Tweets - Twitter Blogs
Starting today, all marketers using Twitter’s Ad Products can schedule organic or Promoted Tweets for specific dates and times up to a year in ...

A Better Syntax for Scheduled Tasks
There are lots of domain-specific languages for schedules. The most prominent might be Cron (for *nix scheduled tasks), but there's also RRULE ...

Tim Tebow scheduled to be at CES 2014
From the sports world, former NFL quarterback Tim Tebow will be at CES 2014 to pitch Soul Electronics' new Combat line of headphones, designed ...

Scheduled Violence - YouTube
It takes a different kind of person to step inside a locked cage and compete in an MMA fight. It takes a very rare person to have done it 64 ...

Rory McIlroy scheduled to play PGA Championship
McIlroy later re-tweeted the PGA of America’s tweet. McIlroy, who hasn’t played since suffering ankle ligament damage while playing football ...

Laurie Oakes on who will likely win in the Liberal leadership spill scheduled for tomorrow
Veteran 9NEWS political editor Laurie Oakes believes that even if Prime Minister Tony Abbott wins tomorrow's leadership spill, it will only be ...