instance attribute "a" defined outside __init__

Hi, When running below code, I get error saying:

instance attribute "a" defined outside __init__

    class Foo:

        var = 9

        def add(self, a, b):
            self.a = a
            self.b = b
            print a+b

        def __init__(self):
            print 10

    bar = Foo()  # create object

    bar.add(4, 7)  # call method by object.method

    print bar.var  # access class variable

why the output prints:

why not serially?

Rio

In <f8a3fb6e-6878-4aec-9958-5394580ec0e4@googlegroups.com> Rio <inkprs@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi, When running below code, I get error saying:

> instance attribute "a" defined outside __init__

That's a warning, not an error.  And it's a warning from pylint,
not from Python itself.

It's trying to suggest better style, that's all.  It's unusual to
define instance variables in functions other __init__.

>     class Foo:

>         var = 9

>         def add(self, a, b):
>             self.a = a
>             self.b = b
>             print a+b

>         def __init__(self):
>             print 10

>     bar = Foo()  # create object

>     bar.add(4, 7)  # call method by object.method

>     print bar.var  # access class variable

> why the output prints:

> 10
> 11
> 9

10 is printed by Foo.__init__(), when an instance of Foo is created.
11 is printed by calling bar.add(4, 7).
9 is printed by your statement 'print bar.var'.

Your program has those statements in that order, so they are printed
in that order.  Why did you expect a different order?

--
John Gordon         Imagine what it must be like for a real medical doctor to
gordon@panix.com    watch 'House', or a real serial killer to watch 'Dexter'.

0
John

"""""""""ADD ME""""""""""

"or" and "and"

"out" and "in out"

"my" and "our"

"/a" is not "/a" ?

"If then; if then;" and "If then; if;"

about "++" and "--"

why "::", not "."

Hello Partners, How are you ? Please find the requirements below. Title: Database/ETL Developer Duration: 6 months Location: NY Exp: 7+ Locals preferred Database/ETL requirements (Mandatory) Candidate must have worked with financial instruments, preferably Mutual Funds but, Equities are also ok. PL/SQL - packages, Stored procs, Functions, Aggregate functions, Pipelined Functions Informatica 8.6 - especially complex mappings, complex maplets, complex workflows, transformations Oracle 10g/11g Unix/Linux shell scripting Database/ETL requirements (Optional) ...

"define" and "malloc" more
Hi all, In fact, I want to let my memory run out. And see what will happen. My system is windowsXp. Memory is 256M.I think my cdes will apply more memory than I have. Codes are below: #include <stdlib.h> #include<stdio.h> #define MAX 1000000000 int main(void) { long double *temp = (long double*)malloc (MAX * sizeof(long double)); long double *temp1 = (long double*)malloc (MAX * sizeof(long double)); putchar(77); getchar(); getchar(); return 0; } But run these codes in my IDE, I do not say anything wrong in my system. So could anyone help? ever...

Create "to" and "from" attributes
Hi, In an existing centerline road shapefile, I need to create "to" and "from" attributes - NOT with addresses, but road names. for example Main street will have FROM: First St. TO: Second St. There is probably a script or something out there, but I have not been able to find yet. Thanks for any ideas, Lee. ...

Web resources about - instance attribute "a" defined outside __init__ - comp.lang.python