f



Instruction at "0x00FC3D70" use memory address "0x00000000". Can't be "read".

Yesterday, ALL code in python work and nothing when I close(finish) a code.
Today, when I close, some raise this windows error :

Instruction at "0x00FC3D70" use memory address "0x00000000". Can't be 
"read".
Click on "OK" to exit program.


Why this error, today and not before today?

Askari
0
askari593 (19)
9/1/2004 12:16:39 PM
comp.lang.python 77058 articles. 6 followers. Post Follow

4 Replies
1004 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 37

Askari wrote:

> Yesterday, ALL code in python work and nothing when I close(finish) a code.
> Today, when I close, some raise this windows error :
> 
> Instruction at "0x00FC3D70" use memory address "0x00000000". Can't be 
> "read".
> Click on "OK" to exit program.
> 
> Why this error, today and not before today?

Does it do this after you reboot the computer?  (You're
using Windows, right?)

-Peter
0
peter34 (3696)
9/1/2004 12:34:58 PM
Peter Hansen <peter@engcorp.com> wrote in
news:KaCdnQsNs7tuXKjcRVn-vA@powergate.ca: 

> Askari wrote:
> 
>> Yesterday, ALL code in python work and nothing when I close(finish) a
>> code. Today, when I close, some raise this windows error :
>> 
>> Instruction at "0x00FC3D70" use memory address "0x00000000". Can't be
>> "read".
>> Click on "OK" to exit program.
>> 
>> Why this error, today and not before today?
> 
> Does it do this after you reboot the computer?  (You're
> using Windows, right?)
> 
> -Peter
> 

The error (always the same error "0x00FC3D70") is always on the same codes 
(and no change after reboot computer). And the some code with no "exit 
error", haven't all the same architecture (some with "while 1 ... and a 
sleep" and some with ".mainloop")).

When I reboot, no fix.  :-(   
(is the first action that I do for fix this...)

Ops..I forgot to give my specifics :
Os     : Windows XP Pro (service pack 1)
Python : 2.3.4
RAM    : 1 Gig (Dual RAM at 400 Mhz)
Proc.  : 2,8 GHz (Pentium 4)
Disk   : over 100 Gigs on hard disk....


Askari

0
askari593 (19)
9/1/2004 1:15:14 PM
Peter Hansen <peter@engcorp.com> wrote in
news:KaCdnQsNs7tuXKjcRVn-vA@powergate.ca: 

On 01 sept. 2004, you wrote in comp.lang.python:

> Askari wrote:
> 
>> Yesterday, ALL code in python work and nothing when I close(finish) a
>> code. Today, when I close, some raise this windows error :
>> 
>> Instruction at "0x00FC3D70" use memory address "0x00000000". Can't be
>> "read".
>> Click on "OK" to exit program.
>> 
>> Why this error, today and not before today?
> 
> Does it do this after you reboot the computer?  (You're
> using Windows, right?)
> 
> -Peter

I find the problem!
I search in my memory (brain) "what new on my conputer?"... and ...I find! 
I installed "OmniPage Pro 11.0" on my computer yesterday. 
But I think : "Can't be this installation..."
But YES it's "OmniPage Pro 11.0" who bug with python!!!; I uninstall 
"Omnipage", restart, and try a "bug" code, and I have no problem!!!

(I reintall Omnipage and the problem to appear again)
(I unintall Omnipage and the problem disappear)
(I reintall Omnipage and the problem to appear again)
(I unintall Omnipage and the problem disappear)
(I reintall Omnipage and the problem to appear again)
....
N.B. The problem appear even Omnipage not running (but intalled).


Moral : DON'T install "OmniPage" and Python, esle, some python code crash 
on exit!


But, I don't understand how OmniPage can affect python?! Mystery...


Askari





0
askari593 (19)
9/1/2004 1:33:32 PM
Askari <askari@addressNonValide.com> wrote:
   ...
> But, I don't understand how OmniPage can affect python?! Mystery...

My guess is: typical Windows DLL Hell.  No doubt OmniPage is installing
some DLL's in the system directory (or elsewhere in the path) which
conflict with ones Python needs.  At least you're lucky that OmniPage's
uninstall is taking those DLL's away, so uninstalling solves your
problem.  I'm not sure how you can check exactly what DLL's OmniPage is
installing -- but I'd best a list of those would help finding out which
one[s] can be conflicting... perhaps you can simply contact OmniPage's
suppliers and let them know about the suspected DLL conflict so they can
do something about it.


Alex
0
aleaxit (1612)
9/1/2004 2:43:03 PM
Reply: