python-daemon for Python v3

Hi Community

Is there ported to Python v3 python-daemon package?

https://pypi.python.org/pypi/python-daemon/

i am afraid it is not as simple as correction of relative path input
feature and except clauses in mentioned package.

Thanks

Asaf
0
Asaf

Asaf Las <roegltd@gmail.com> writes:

> Is there ported to Python v3 python-daemon package?
>
> https://pypi.python.org/pypi/python-daemon/

Have a read through the archives for the ‘python-daemon-devel’
discussion forum
<URL:http://lists.alioth.debian.org/mailman/listinfo/python-daemon-devel>,
where we have had discussions about porting the library to Python 3.

I'd be interested to know who wants us to keep Python 2 compatibility.
If we can drop that, then a Python 3 version of the library would be
much easier to maintain.

We are also in need of an active maintainer for the ‘python-lockfile’
library <URL:https://pypi.python.org/pypi/lockfile/> which is commonly
used with ‘python-daemon’.

--
 \         “Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?” “I think so, |
  `\    Brain, but if we give peas a chance, won't the lima beans feel |

0
Ben
1/19/2014 10:41:31 AM
On Sunday, January 19, 2014 12:41:31 PM UTC+2, Ben Finney wrote:
> Have a read through the archives for the =91python-daemon-devel=92
> discussion forum
> <URL:http://lists.alioth.debian.org/mailman/listinfo/python-daemon-devel>=
,
> where we have had discussions about porting the library to Python 3.
> I'd be interested to know who wants us to keep Python 2 compatibility.
> If we can drop that, then a Python 3 version of the library would be
> much easier to maintain.
Thanks. i have not seen this, but different port. it is on github.
yet got myself rid of errors during pip install, but was not sure about lat=
ter.

> We are also in need of an active maintainer for the =91python-lockfile=92
> library <URL:https://pypi.python.org/pypi/lockfile/> which is commonly
> used with =91python-daemon=92.

I would love to contribute but as a novice in Python, need time to make som=
ething valuable for community.

/Asaf
0
Asaf
1/19/2014 1:21:49 PM
On Sun, Jan 19, 2014 at 3:30 AM, Asaf Las <roegltd@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Community
>
> Is there ported to Python v3 python-daemon package?
>
> https://pypi.python.org/pypi/python-daemon/
>
> i am afraid it is not as simple as correction of relative path input
> feature and except clauses in mentioned package.

I use this technique for demonizing:

http://www.jejik.com/articles/2007/02/a_simple_unix_linux_daemon_in_python/

And has been ported to 3:

http://www.jejik.com/files/examples/daemon3x.py
0
Larry
1/19/2014 7:30:21 PM
On Sunday, January 19, 2014 9:30:21 PM UTC+2, Larry....@gmail.com wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 19, 2014 at 3:30 AM, Asaf Las <r....@gmail.com> wrote:
> I use this technique for demonizing:
> http://www.jejik.com/articles/2007/02/a_simple_unix_linux_daemon_in_python/
> And has been ported to 3:
> http://www.jejik.com/files/examples/daemon3x.py

Thanks! i have seen this code before. Did you encounter any problem with
it before for long running tasks?

Asaf
0
Asaf
1/20/2014 4:57:04 AM
On Sun, Jan 19, 2014 at 9:57 PM, Asaf Las <roegltd@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sunday, January 19, 2014 9:30:21 PM UTC+2, Larry....@gmail.com wrote:
>> On Sun, Jan 19, 2014 at 3:30 AM, Asaf Las <r....@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I use this technique for demonizing:
>> http://www.jejik.com/articles/2007/02/a_simple_unix_linux_daemon_in_python/
>> And has been ported to 3:
>> http://www.jejik.com/files/examples/daemon3x.py
>
> Thanks! i have seen this code before. Did you encounter any problem with
> it before for long running tasks?

Nope, no problems at all.
0
Larry
1/20/2014 6:19:04 AM
On Monday, January 20, 2014 8:19:04 AM UTC+2, Larry....@gmail.com wrote:
> Nope, no problems at all.

Thanks!
0
Asaf
1/20/2014 6:21:01 AM
2014=EB=85=84 1=EC=9B=94 19=EC=9D=BC =EC=9D=BC=EC=9A=94=EC=9D=BC =EC=98=A4=
=ED=9B=84 7=EC=8B=9C 30=EB=B6=84 27=EC=B4=88 UTC+9, Asaf Las =EB=8B=98=EC=
=9D=98 =EB=A7=90:
> Hi Community=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
> Is there ported to Python v3 python-daemon package?
>=20
>=20
>=20
> https://pypi.python.org/pypi/python-daemon/
>=20
>=20
>=20
> i am afraid it is not as simple as correction of relative path input=20
>=20
> feature and except clauses in mentioned package.
>=20
>=20
>=20
> Thanks=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
> Asaf

0
ryuanerin
6/26/2014 2:50:30 PM
A mi si me ha dado problemas. No tengo forma de decirle que se ejecute como usuario www-data y cuando lo intento deja de funcionar abruptamente. Saludos.

On 8/22/2014 9:09 PM, Y@i$el wrote:
> A mi si me ha dado problemas. No tengo forma de decirle que se ejecute como usuario www-data y cuando lo intento deja de funcionar abruptamente.

I can almost, but not really understand and translate the question.

Possiblemente debe visitar un grupo in espanol.
news.gmane.org tiene
gmane.comp.python.general.castellano o
gmane.comp.python.general.hispano

Por un tiempo, lei'