Python multithreading on cluster system? Embedding python in PVM?

Hi guys.I have read that one cannot perform true multithreading in
python due to global interpreter lock mechanism.Suppose i have to
implement a crawler on a say cluster system like clusterknoppix so that
i can use parallel virtual machine (PVM)for programming in
multiprocessor environment or say open MPI.Can i integrate python with
PVM or MPI.Can i embed python into C for programming in multiprocessor
environment.Is there any way of embedding python in PVM or MPI so that
i can implement a true cluster based search engine?
Any help would be very kind.Thanks.

abhinav wrote:
> Hi guys.I have read that one cannot perform true multithreading in
> python due to global interpreter lock mechanism.Suppose i have to
> implement a crawler on a say cluster system like clusterknoppix so that
> i can use parallel virtual machine (PVM)for programming in
> multiprocessor environment or say open MPI.Can i integrate python with
> PVM or MPI.Can i embed python into C for programming in multiprocessor
> environment.Is there any way of embedding python in PVM or MPI so that
> i can implement a true cluster based search engine?
> Any help would be very kind.Thanks.

http://pypvm.sourceforge.net

--Armin