python on mac os 10.4.x

Hi,

Python 2.3.5 comes pre-installed on mac os 10.4.7, and I've looked
around in /System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/ and under .../
Versions/2.3/bin/, there is an exec file named 'idle'.  I assume that
is the Python IDLE I've read about, but I can't figure out what I need
to do to use IDLE to edit a file.  Any help would be appreciated.

I know it's recommended to install the latest version of python, which
would then come with the IDLE, but I want to learn wxPython as well,
and from what I understand you need a "framework" build of python on a
Mac to use wxPython.  And I don't have any idea how to install a
python framework build

Thanks.

0
bbxx789_05ss (1894)

Go to http://wiki.python.org/moin/MacPython and http://pythonmac.org/packages/
if you want to download  macpython 2.5 or macpython 2.4.4 ("framework"
builds). Installation is very easy (package) and you have all you want
without problem with the 2.3.5 version wich  remains installed and
functional (you have 2 python installed)