python.org offline

Hi all,

In the past weeks, I often got this message from the python.org
webserver:

Service Temporarily Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to
maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

Does anyone know what's going on?

Sybren
                                             Frank Zappa

The answer is here:

"The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to
maintenance downtime or capacity problems."

                                             Frank Zappa

0
dcrespo (121)
11/1/2005 4:21:40 PM
dcrespo enlightened us with:
> "The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to
> maintenance downtime or capacity problems."

Yes, I can read. My question is: does anyone know why this happens so
often lately?

Sybren
                                             Frank Zappa
Sybren Stuvel wrote:
> dcrespo enlightened us with:
>
>>"The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to
>>maintenance downtime or capacity problems."
>

> Yes, I can read. My question is: does anyone know why this happens so
> often lately?

Possibly real maintenance occasioned by a recent move to a new server,
in preparation for the new-look web site.

regards
  Steve
--
Steve Holden       +44 150 684 7255  +1 800 494 3119

steve73 (4801)
11/1/2005 5:55:40 PM
Works fine for me, and I check it pretty frequently.  Perhaps it's a
problem with your ISP's communication with the Python.org ISP?
Sybren Stuvel wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> In the past weeks, I often got this message from the python.org
> webserver:

> Service Temporarily Unavailable
>
> The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to
> maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.
>
> Does anyone know what's going on?
>
> Sybren
> --
> The problem with the world is stupidity. Not saying there should be a
> capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the
> safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
>                                              Frank Zappa

Steve Holden enlightened us with:
> Possibly real maintenance occasioned by a recent move to a new
> server, in preparation for the new-look web site.

Makes sense. Thanks for the info!

Sybren
                                             Frank Zappa
calad.sigilon@gmail.com enlightened us with:
> Works fine for me, and I check it pretty frequently.  Perhaps it's a
> problem with your ISP's communication with the Python.org ISP?

I doubt it, since they are one and the same ;-)

Sybren
                                             Frank Zappa
On Tue, 1 Nov 2005 18:18:06 +0100,
	Sybren Stuvel <sybrenUSE@YOURthirdtower.com.imagination> wrote:
> Yes, I can read. My question is: does anyone know why this happens so
> often lately?

I suspect this is teething problems related to the move to a new
server.  I've bumped up the number of Apache processes, so we'll see
if that alleviates the problem.

--amk

0
amk (236)
11/1/2005 7:43:20 PM
A.M. Kuchling enlightened us with:
> I suspect this is teething problems related to the move to a new
> server.  I've bumped up the number of Apache processes, so we'll see
> if that alleviates the problem.

Thanks! I hope it helps!

Sybren
                                             Frank Zappa