Re: Mandis Quotes (aka retiring """ and ''') #2

Russell Nelson notes:

> =

> Choose poor examples, and then criticize them as poor choices?
> =

true enough, but the suggested scheme introduces another variable into the =
language syntax; I might always make good choices <wink> on what delimiter =
I choose, but I might also end up working on code written by someone else w=
ho makes less good choices.  Or vice versa.

 =

> Exactly.  It really would be better to have one(1) string literal
> which can quote anything without reverting to backslashing.  Why one?
> Simpler parsing, simpler learning of the language, fewer choices to
> make while programming.

Agreed, though the paradox has already been noted in this thread...  if any=
one has a brilliant answer, it'd be a fascinating mind bend.

Eric

Python syntax is great, but I sometimes wonder: where did all the semicolon=
s go and what do they do there?  Do they languish unemployed and on the dol=
e?
0
EP9631 (67)