RELEASED Python 2.3.2, release candidate 1

On behalf of the Python development team and the Python community, I'm
happy to announce the release of Python 2.3.2 (release candidate 1).

Python 2.3.2 is a bug-fix release, to repair a couple of build problems
and packaging errors in Python 2.3.1. Assuming no major problems crop up,
a final release of Python 2.3.2 will follow later this week.

For more information on Python 2.3.2, including download links for
various platforms, release notes, and known issues, please see:

    http://www.python.org/2.3.2

Highlights of this new release include:

  - A bug in autoconf that broke building on HP/UX systems is fixed.

  - A bug in the Python configure script that meant os.fsync() was
    never available is fixed.

Highlights of the previous major Python release (2.3) are available
from the Python 2.3 page, at

    http://www.python.org/2.3/highlights.html

Many apologies for the flaws in 2.3.1 - the final 2.3.2 release should
address the problems.

Enjoy the new release,
Anthony

Anthony Baxter
anthony@python.org
Python 2.3.2 Release Manager
(on behalf of the entire python-dev team)

Anthony Baxter wrote:
> On behalf of the Python development team and the Python community, I'm
> happy to announce the release of Python 2.3.2 (release candidate 1).

Thankfully it appears that there's not too much wrong
with 2.3.1, is there? I just upgraded :-)

Anyway, the docs (on windows) read "Release 2.4a0"...
has this been addressed in the docs packaged with 2.3.2?

Not that this is a big issue-- but it is a bit confusing.

--Irmen de Jong

0
Irmen
9/30/2003 5:21:45 PM
Irmen de Jong <irmen@-NOSPAM-REMOVETHIS-xs4all.nl> writes:

> Anthony Baxter wrote:
> > On behalf of the Python development team and the Python community, I'm
> > happy to announce the release of Python 2.3.2 (release candidate 1).
>
> Thankfully it appears that there's not too much wrong
> with 2.3.1, is there? I just upgraded :-)

Well, the email you're responded to lists the only serious problems.

> Anyway, the docs (on windows) read "Release 2.4a0"...
> has this been addressed in the docs packaged with 2.3.2?

Yes.

Cheers,
mwh

--
59. In English every word can be verbed. Would that it were so in
    our programming languages.

[RELEASED] Second release candidates for Python 2.6.8, 2.7.3, 3.1.5, and 3.2.3
We're chuffed to announce the immediate availability of the second release candidates for Python 2.6.8, 2.7.3, 3.1.5, and 3.2.3. The only change from the first release candidates is the patching of an additional security hole. The security issue fixed in the second release candidates is in the expat XML parsing library. expat had the same hash security issue detailed below as Python's core types. The hashing algorithm used in the expat library is now randomized. A more thorough explanation of the "hash attack" security hole follows. The main impetus for these releases is fi...

[RELEASED] Second release candidates for Python 2.6.8, 2.7.3, 3.1.5, and 3.2.3
We're chuffed to announce the immediate availability of the second release candidates for Python 2.6.8, 2.7.3, 3.1.5, and 3.2.3. The only change from the first release candidates is the patching of an additional security hole. The security issue fixed in the second release candidates is in the expat XML parsing library. expat had the same hash security issue detailed below as Python's core types. The hashing algorithm used in the expat library is now randomized. A more thorough explanation of the "hash attack" security hole follows. The main impetus for these releases is fixing a security issue in Python's hash based types, dict and set, as described below. Python 2.7.3 and 3.2.3 include the security patch and the normal set of bug fixes. Since Python 2.6 and 3.1 are maintained only for security issues, 2.6.8 and 3.1.5 contain only various security patches. The security issue exploits Python's dict and set implementations. Carefully crafted input can lead to extremely long computation times and denials of service. [1] Python dict and set types use hash tables to provide amortized constant time operations. Hash tables require a well-distributed hash function to spread data evenly across the hash table. The security issue is that an attacker could compute thousands of keys with colliding hashes; this causes quadratic algorithmic complexity when the hash table is constructed. To alleviate the problem, the new releases add rando...

[RELEASED] Python 3.1.3 release candidate 1 #2
On behalf of the Python development team, I'm gladsome to announce a release candidate of the third bugfix release for the Python 3.1 series, Python 3.1.3. This bug fix release fixes numerous issues found in 3.1.2. Please try it with your packages and report any bugs you find. The final of 3.1.3 is scheduled to be released in two weeks. The Python 3.1 version series focuses on the stabilization and optimization of the features and changes that Python 3.0 introduced. For example, the new I/O system has been rewritten in C for speed. File system APIs that use unicode strings ...

[RELEASED] Python 2.7.1 release candidate 1 #2
On behalf of the Python development team, I'm chuffed to announce the a release candidate of Python 2.7.1. Please test the release candidate with your packages and report any bugs you find. 2.7.1 final is scheduled in two weeks. 2.7 includes many features that were first released in Python 3.1. The faster io module, the new nested with statement syntax, improved float repr, set literals, dictionary views, and the memoryview object have been backported from 3.1. Other features include an ordered dictionary implementation, unittests improvements, a new sysconfig module, auto-num...

RELEASED Python 2.3.3 (release candidate 1)
--==_Exmh_1079726856P Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii On behalf of the Python development team and the Python community, I'm happy to announce the release of Python 2.3.3 (release candidate 1). Python 2.3.3 is a bug-fix release of Python 2.3. A couple of serious bugs related to weakrefs and the cyclic garbage collector have been fixed, along with a number of bugs in the standard library. See the release notes on the web page for more details. For more information on Python 2.3.3c1, including download links for various platforms, release notes, and known issues, please see http://www.python.org/2.3.3 Highlights of this new release include: - A couple of serious bugs in the interactions of weakrefs and cyclic GC have been squashed. - At shutdown, the second call to the cyclic garbage collector has been removed. This caused more problems than it solved. - The xml.parsers.expat module now provides Expat 1.95.7. - urllib2's HTTP Digest Auth support works again. - See http://www.python.org/2.3.3/NEWS.html for other bugfixes. Highlights of the previous major Python release (2.3) are available from the Python 2.3 page, at http://www.python.org/2.3/highlights.html A final version of Python 2.3.3 should follow in a couple of weeks, just in time for your Christmas stockings. Enjoy the new release, Anthony Anthony Baxter anthony@python.org Python 2.3.x Release Manager (on behalf o...

[RELEASED] Python 3.2.4 rc 1 and Python 3.3.1 rc 1

[RELEASED] Python 3.2.4 rc 1 and Python 3.3.1 rc 1

RELEASED Python 2.4.1, release candidate 2
--nextPart1436630.CCvZrgfS7P Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Content-Disposition: inline On behalf of the Python development team and the Python community, I'm happy to announce the release of Python 2.4.1 (release candidate 2). Python 2.4.1 is a bug-fix release. See the release notes at the website (also available as Misc/NEWS in the source distribution) for details of the bugs squished in this release. Assuming no major problems crop up, a final release of Python 2.4.1 will be out around the 29th of March - straight...

RELEASED Python 2.4.2, release candidate 1
On behalf of the Python development team and the Python community, I'm happy to announce the release of Python 2.4.2 (release candidate 1). Python 2.4.2 is a bug-fix release. See the release notes at the website (also available as Misc/NEWS in the source distribution) for details of the more than 60 bugs squished in this release. Assuming no major problems crop up, a final release of Python 2.4.2 will follow in about a week's time. For more information on Python 2.4.2, including download links for various platforms, release notes, and known issues, please see: http://www.py...

[RELEASE] Python 2.7.2 release candidate 1
On behalf of the Python development team, I'm happy to announce the immediate availability of Python 2.7.2 release candidate 1. 2.7.2 is the second in bugfix release for the Python 2.7 series. 2.7 is the last major verison of the 2.x line and will be receiving bug fixes while new feature development focuses on 3.x. 2.7 includes many features that were first released in Python 3.1. The faster io module, the new nested with statement syntax, improved float repr, set literals, dictionary views, and the memoryview object have been backported from 3.1. Other features include an ordered dictio...

RELEASED Python 2.4.2, release candidate 1
On behalf of the Python development team and the Python community, I'm happy to announce the release of Python 2.4.2 (release candidate 1). Python 2.4.2 is a bug-fix release. See the release notes at the website (also available as Misc/NEWS in the source distribution) for details of the more than 60 bugs squished in this release. Assuming no major problems crop up, a final release of Python 2.4.2 will follow in about a week's time. For more information on Python 2.4.2, including download links for various platforms, release notes, and known issues, please see: http://www.python.org/2.4.2 Highlights of this new release include: - Bug fixes. According to the release notes, more than 60 have been fixed, including bugs that prevented Python from working properly on 64 bit HP/UX and AIX systems. Highlights of the previous major Python release (2.4) are available from the Python 2.4 page, at http://www.python.org/2.4/highlights.html Enjoy the new release, Anthony Anthony Baxter anthony@python.org Python Release Manager (on behalf of the entire python-dev team) ...

[RELEASE] Python 2.7.2 release candidate 1
On behalf of the Python development team, I'm happy to announce the immediate availability of Python 2.7.2 release candidate 1. 2.7.2 is the second in bugfix release for the Python 2.7 series. 2.7 is the last major verison of the 2.x line and will be receiving bug fixes while new feature development focuses on 3.x. 2.7 includes many features that were first released in Python 3.1. The faster io module, the new nested with statement syntax, improved float repr, set literals, dictionary views, and the memoryview object have been backported from 3.1. Other features include an ordered dictionary implementation, unittests improvements, a new sysconfig module, auto-numbering of fields in the str/unicode format method, and support for ttk Tile in Tkinter. For a more extensive list of changes in 2.7, see http://doc.python.org/dev/whatsnew/2.7.html or Misc/NEWS in the Python distribution. To download Python 2.7.2rc1 visit: http://www.python.org/download/releases/2.7.1/ The 2.7.2 changelog is at: http://hg.python.org/cpython/file/439396b06416/Misc/NEWS 2.7 documentation can be found at: http://docs.python.org/2.7/ This is a preview release. Assuming no major problems, 2.7.2 will be released in two weeks. Please report any bugs you find to http://bugs.python.org/ Enjoy! -- Benjamin Peterson Release Manager benjamin at python.org (on behalf of the entire python-dev team and 2.7.2's contributors) ...

RE: RELEASED Python 2.3.4, release candidate 1 #3
""" What gives you the right to say this? *I'm offended.* Speaking of moral and ethics, there seem to be other things to care about, especially these days. Thomas """ Ok, so perhaps "moral" and "ethical" is slightly strong. Sheesh. Levity. Point being, if the developers of Python (and Perl and .... so on) spent = so much time and energy creating something cross platform, it should be = used thusly. I'm not saying it's "evil" not to do so, I'm saying that if = you NEED platform-specific tools (which, let's be h...

Problem installing matplotlib 1.3.1 with Python 2.7.6 and 3.3.3 (release candidate 1)
Hello, I tried to install matplotlib 1.3.1 on the release candidates of Python 2.7.6 and 3.3.3. I am on Mac OS X 10.6.8. Although the installation gave no problems, there is a problem with Tcl/Tk. The new Pythons have their own embedded Tcl/Tk, but when installing matplotlib it links to the Frameworks version of Tcl and TK, not to the embedded version. This causes confusion when importing matplotlib.pyplot: objc[70648]: Class TKApplication is implemented in both /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/libtk8.5.dylib and /Library/Frameworks/Tk.framework/Versions/8.5/Tk. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined. objc[70648]: Class TKMenu is implemented in both /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/libtk8.5.dylib and /Library/Frameworks/Tk.framework/Versions/8.5/Tk. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined. objc[70648]: Class TKContentView is implemented in both /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/libtk8.5.dylib and /Library/Frameworks/Tk.framework/Versions/8.5/Tk. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined. objc[70648]: Class TKWindow is implemented in both /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/libtk8.5.dylib and /Library/Frameworks/Tk.framework/Versions/8.5/Tk. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined. And then later it gives a lot of error messages. So I think it should be linked to the embedded version. For this the matplotlib setupext.py should be ad...

[RELEASED] Python 3.1 Release Candidate 2
On behalf of the Python development team, I'm happy to announce the second release candidate of Python 3.1. Python 3.1 focuses on the stabilization and optimization of the features and changes that Python 3.0 introduced. For example, the new I/O system has been rewritten in C for speed. File system APIs that use unicode strings now handle paths with undecodable bytes in them. Other features include an ordered dictionary implementation, a condensed syntax for nested with statements, and support for ttk Tile in Tkinter. For a more extensive list of changes in 3.1, see http://doc.python.org/dev/py3k/whatsnew/3.1.html or Misc/NEWS in the Python distribution. This is a release candidate, and as such, we do not recommend use in production environments. However, please take this opportunity to test the release with your libraries or applications. This will hopefully discover bugs before the final release and allow you to determine how changes in 3.1 might impact you. If you find things broken or incorrect, please submit a bug report at http://bugs.python.org For more information and downloadable distributions, see the Python 3.1 website: http://www.python.org/download/releases/3.1/ See PEP 375 for release schedule details: http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0375/ Enjoy, -- Benjamin Benjamin Peterson benjamin at python.org Release Manager (on behalf of the entire python-dev team and 3.1's contributors) ...

[RELEASED] Python 3.3.3 release candidate 2

RELEASED Python 2.3.5, release candidate 1
--nextPart1243888.3dvV1cK3uc Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Content-Disposition: inline On behalf of the Python development team and the Python community, I'm happy to announce the release of Python 2.3.5 (release candidate 1). Python 2.3.5 is a bug-fix release. See the release notes at the website (also available as Misc/NEWS in the source distribution) for details of the bugs squished in this release. Assuming no major problems crop up, a final release of Python 2.3.5 will follow in about a week's time.=20 Python 2.3.5 is the last release in the Python 2.3 series, and is being released for those people who still need to use Python 2.3. Python 2.4 is a newer release, and should be preferred if possible. From here, bugfix releases are switching to the Python 2.4 branch - a 2.4.1 will follow 2.3.5 final. =46or more information on Python 2.3.5, including download links for various platforms, release notes, and known issues, please see: http://www.python.org/2.3.5 Highlights of this new release include: - Bug fixes. According to the release notes, more than 50 bugs=20 have been fixed, including a couple of bugs that could cause=20 Python to crash.=20 Highlights of the previous major Python release (2.3) are available =20 from the Python 2.3 page, at =20 http://www.python.org/2.3/highlights.htm...

RELEASED Python 2.5.1, release candidate 1
On behalf of the Python development team and the Python community, I'm happy to announce the release of Python 2.5.1 (release candidate 1). This is the first bugfix release of Python 2.5. Python 2.5 is now in bugfix-only mode; no new features are being added. According to the release notes, over 150 bugs and patches have been addressed since Python 2.5, including a fair number in the new AST compiler (an internal implementation detail of the Python interpreter). For more information on Python 2.5.1, including download links for various platforms, release notes, and known issues, please see: http://www.python.org/2.5.1/ Highlights of this new release include: Bug fixes. According to the release notes, at least 150 have been fixed. Highlights of the previous major Python release (2.5) are available from the Python 2.5 page, at http://www.python.org/2.5/highlights.html Enjoy this release, Anthony Anthony Baxter anthony@python.org Python Release Manager (on behalf of the entire python-dev team) ...

[RELEASED] Python 3.3.0 release candidate 2

RELEASED Python 2.4.1, release candidate 1
--nextPart9283459.QEzjqcje3T Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Content-Disposition: inline On behalf of the Python development team and the Python community, I'm happy to announce the release of Python 2.4.1 (release candidate 1). Python 2.4.1 is a bug-fix release. See the release notes at the website (also available as Misc/NEWS in the source distribution) for details of the bugs squished in this release. Assuming no major problems crop up, a final release of Python 2.4.1 will follow in about a week's time.=20 =46o...

[RELEASED] Python 3.3.5 release candidate 2

RELEASED Python 2.5 (release candidate 2)
On behalf of the Python development team and the Python community, I'm happy to announce the second RELEASE CANDIDATE of Python 2.5. After the first release candidate a number of new bugfixes have been applied to the Python 2.5 code. In the interests of making 2.5 the best release possible, we've decided to put out a second (and hopefully last) release candidate. We plan for a 2.5 final in a week's time. This is not yet the final release - it is not suitable for production use. It is being released to solicit feedback and hopefully expose bugs, as well as allowing you to determin...

[RELEASED] Python 3.1.3 release candidate 1
On behalf of the Python development team, I'm gladsome to announce a release candidate of the third bugfix release for the Python 3.1 series, Python 3.1.3. This bug fix release fixes numerous issues found in 3.1.2. Please try it with your packages and report any bugs you find. The final of 3.1.3 is scheduled to be released in two weeks. The Python 3.1 version series focuses on the stabilization and optimization of the features and changes that Python 3.0 introduced. For example, the new I/O system has been rewritten in C for speed. File system APIs that use unicode strings ...

Web resources about - RELEASED Python 2.3.2, release candidate 1 - comp.lang.python

Candidate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For Nominee redirects here. For the financial term, see Nominee account , see Candidate (disambiguation) . In the context of elections for public ...

Former candidate Jeb Bush endorses Ted Cruz
Former candidate Jeb Bush has endorsed Ted Cruz for the Republican presidential nomination.

Adam Goodes would be ideal AFL Commission candidate: Gillon McLachlan
AFL boss Gillon McLachlan says retired great Adam Goodes would be an ideal candidate to become the league's first indigenous Commission member. ...

Presidential candidates respond to Brussels bombings
Presidential candidates respond to Brussels bombings

Terrorism looms as candidates compete in Western states
WASHINGTON (AP) — Under a fresh cloud of overseas violence, Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton fought to extend their delegate leads in primary ...

CNN’s Five-Candidate Event Edges FNC In Demo But Gets Thumped In Overall Audience
CNN's full-primetime special of interviews with each of the five presidential candidates logged 1.8 million viewers last night. In the news demo, ...

Tinder matches you with a presidential candidate
... as your Facebook friends. In a partnership with Rock the Vote, Tinder will match users in the United States with the presidential candidate ...

Tinder Wants to Hook You Up with a Presidential Candidate
SAN FRANCISCO (CNNMoney) — Choosing a political candidate is a lot like choosing your next boyfriend or girlfriend. You want to make sure you ...

Jerusalem, Jews and the Presidential Candidates
The majority of Americans say they don't have an opinion on the controversial issue of moving the U.S. Embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem, a ...

How the Candidates Are Responding to This Morning's Terror Attack in Brussels
... and a metro station in Brussels killed dozens of people and injured dozens more. The dust is still settling, but the U.S. presidential candidates ...