RELEASED Python 2.6.2

--Apple-Mail-14--489896223

On behalf of the Python community, I'm happy to announce the
availability of Python 2.6.2.  This is the latest production-ready
version in the Python 2.6 series.  Dozens of issues have been fixed
since Python 2.6.1 was released back in December.  Please see the NEWS
file for all the gory details.

     http://www.python.org/download/releases/2.6.2/NEWS.txt

For more information on Python 2.6 in general, please see

      http://docs.python.org/dev/whatsnew/2.6.html

Source tarballs, Windows installers, and (soon) Mac OS X disk images
can be downloaded from the Python 2.6.2 page:

     http://www.python.org/download/releases/2.6.2/

Please report bugs for any Python version in the Python tracker:

     http://bugs.python.org

Enjoy,
-Barry

Barry Warsaw
barry@python.org
Python 2.6/3.0 Release Manager
(on behalf of the entire python-dev team)

--Apple-Mail-14--489896223
	name=PGP.sig
content-transfer-encoding: 7bit

--Apple-Mail-14--489896223--
0
barry1065 (72)

Barry Warsaw wrote:
> On behalf of the Python community, I'm happy to announce the
> availability of Python 2.6.2.  This is the latest production-ready
> version in the Python 2.6 series.  Dozens of issues have been fixed
> since Python 2.6.1 was released back in December.  Please see the NEWS
> file for all the gory details.
Congratulations.  A great success.

--Scott David Daniels
Scott.Daniels@Acm.Org