Sending cookies with python. When download with python

I need to download files off a password protected website. So if I try
to download files off the site with python I will be blocked. Is there
anyway to send cookies with python. So I will be authenticated.

On Jun 5, 9:14 am, moishyyeh...@gmail.com wrote:
> I need to download files off a password protected website. So if I try
> to download files off the site with python I will be blocked. Is there
> anyway to send cookies with python. So I will be authenticated.

Yes. I haven't done it but I know you should be looking at urllib2 and
cookielib. I'm sure you can find some examples online. Dive Into
Python (google it) has some examples that may help you get started
with more general purpose  use of urllib2.

Matt

0
mccredie (321)

python is a python
python is a python ...

Invoking Python from Python
Hi all, I have a need to create a Python script on the fly from another Python program and then execute the script so created. Do I need to invoke Python through os.spawnl or is there a better way? Thanks, -- John Am Tue, 08 Nov 2005 08:10:25 -0800 schrieb John Henry: > Hi all, > > I have a need to create a Python script on the fly from another Python > program and then execute the script so created. Do I need to invoke > Python through os.spawnl or is there a better way? Hi, creating source code with a script, is no good solution. Once I had to maintain lisp code w...

Python to Python communication
Hello, I have a group of Python programms which I want to teach to "talk to each other". All run on Windows, on the same computer or in the same intranet. Security of communication is not an issue (encryption on lower level protocols / intra computer communication). Partially these programs are using wxPython. It is important that the communcation is "only an added feature", I am not willing to spend big memory / computing ressources on it. So I googled and came up with at least the following opportunities: XMLRPC - quite "simple" to implement within py...

Python mascot? How about a Pythoneer?
I've been thinking that a good Python mascot might help in raising public awareness of Python. The problem with a snake as a mascot is that it is not anthropomorphic enough. An effective mascot has to have something approximating two arms, two legs, and a head, so that he can be put into various interesting situations and adventures. (At the very least, he has to be able to work a keyboard and a mouse!) Good examples can be found in some of the imaginative things that have been done with Linux's Tux. So a snake is out. So are Terry Gilliam's wonderful cartoons for the Flyin...

Embedding Python in Python
Hi, I've been programming in Python for a couple of weeks now and am quite impressed with the language - it was very easy to learn (it actually reminds me a lot of programming in BASIC many many years ago - it's very fast to hack together a couple lines of code in interactive mode). I'm throwing together a simple little game (sort of a MUD-type thing) as my first 'big' project, and I thought it would be cool to be able to script the game in Python. Basically, I want to be able to type scripts in from within the game and attach them to objects, monsters, rooms, whatever. N...

Sending a python argument to a Boost.Python function
I have a python class that wraps a boost.python object. I am using a boost.python library function that requires the raw boost.python object. I want to be able to pass the python object to the boost api function. Is there a hook available on the python side that instructs boost to perform a conversion? Hypothetically, it would be something like this: class EggWrapper(object): def __init__(self, egg): object.__setattr__(self, '_egg', egg) def __getattribute__(self, name): egg = object.__getattribute__(self, '_egg') if name==...

Python in the enterprise: "Python Slithers into Systems" / Why Python? (eweek 2007)
Last summers box office hit "snakes on a plane" was the unlikely story of a batch of snakes getting loose in flight on a 747. In what some might view as just as unlikely, ITA Software is using the Python language to empower its airline reservation system. Many computer language purists say that languages such as Java, C++ or C should be used for enterprise applications. However, ITA, a Cambridge, Mass., provider of airline IT software and services, is proving that dynamic languages such as Python can be rock-solid for enterprise work. Indeed, ITA in September 2006 announced an agreement with Montreal-based Air Canada, a subsidiary of ACE Aviation Holdings, to develop a new reservation management system for the airline. Air Canadas next- generation reservation system will include reservations, inventory control and seat availability, along with airport check-in and airport operations modules. Sean Menke, Air Canadas executive vice president and chief commercial officer, said the new system "will be a key instrument in Air Canadas strategy to maintain market leadership through product and customer differentiation. Moreover, it will provide unprecedented flexibility and significant cost savings." Leaving Legacy Behind Dan Kelley, director of application integration at ITA, said ITA will deliver the system to Air Canada next year, and it will be deployed across the entire Air Canada network, including reservation...

Python's and and Pythons or
I really like the logic that Pythons "or" is not only short-circuit but non-typed. So I can say y = override or default and y won't necc be True or False. If override boolean evaluates to True (which, for most classes, means not None) than y will be equal to override. Otherwise it will be equal to default. I have two questions --> Is there a handy name for this type of conditional (something as catchy as "short circuit or") and --> Is there a common idiom for taking advantage of the similar behavior of "and". The "override or def...

python QT or python-GTK
** All the posts found in google are old. I'm assuming new improvements have been made to both IDEs. ** Please correct me if I'm wrong, I'm a newbie. 1. Which one of them requires fewer lines to accomplish the same thing? from what I understand QT it's just like Borland J-Builder. Meaning, you want a button, you draw it, then you double-click on it, a window opens up and you type events and behavior. And with GTK, you just type everything. 2. Which one is cross platform? (Linux, MacOS, Windows,etc). 3. Which one has more widgets? 4. Which one is the easiest to pick up? I...

Embedding Python in Python #2
Anyone know a good way to embed python within python? Now before you tell me that's silly, let me explain what I'd like to do. I'd like to allow user-defined scriptable objects. I'd like to give them access to modify pieces of my classes. I'd like to disallow access to pretty much the rest of the modules. Any ideas/examples? -Robey You probably want something like this: globalDict = {} exec(stringOfPythonCodeFromUser, globalDict) globalDict is now the global namespace of whatever was in stringOfPythonCodeFromUser, so you can grab values from that and selectivly im...

Subsets of Python implemented in Python
I don't understand why some parts of the Python language (or the Python standard library too) are implemented in C while some other parts are implemented in the Python language itself. For instance, lists and dictionnaries are implemented in C but sets are not. Wouldn't be better to implement all in C (for efficiency reasons for example) ? On Jul 17, 12:34=A0am, candide <cand...@free.invalid> wrote: > I don't understand why some parts of the Python language (or the Python > standard library too) are implemented in C while some other parts are > implem...

Python daemonisation with python-daemon
Hello there, I currently have a little project which involve the writing of a server that launch tasks when requested by the user (through a web interface for instance). I would like to turn my server script into a Linux/Unix daemon (launched at boot time by init, dunno if that matter) using the nice python-daemon package by Ben Finley et al (http://pypi.python.org/pypi/ python-daemon/). This package comes with a class DaemonRunner that seems to fit almost exactly my need but I still have some interrogation. My main class looks like the following: class SIGTERM_Received(Except...

python-list@python.org
Has anyone got a simple python script that will parse a linux mbox and create a large file to view . I need to write a python program the grabs mail from a standard linux mail folder and processes it to file to eventually be transfered to a database. Im having problems at the moment can someone post a exmaple or no if a similar script exists to hack. Not to good with Python and I have'nt got alot of time to get to grips with writing my own. Cheers Chuck ...

python/python output buffers
Hi, I'm having a little problem while using python mode. I'm used to hit C-c C-c and have a Python Output buffer opened with the output. Now, on Ubuntu 7.10 and 8.04, C-c C-c sends to the Python buffer that is not raised in a window. I need to hit C-c C-z to see it. First of all I'm puzzled and would like to understand what makes the difference. I guess is some defaults that changed in the system configuration. What makes the difference between the two behaviors? Thanks in advance sandro *:-) sandro dentella a �crit : > Hi, > > I'm having a little proble...

Python script to install python
I would like to have a python script that would download the most recent svn of python, configure, make, install and cleanup after itself. I am not replacing the python version I would be using to run the script. I was struggling to get this to work and I assume someone else has done it better. Any pointers? Thanks Vincent ...

python 2 to python 3
I am using Wing101 v.5 and it is using Python2, but I want to make it = use Python3 instead because need Python3 for a uni lab. How do I = change it?= Audrey McFarlane wrote: > I am using Wing101 v.5 and it is using Python2, but I want to make it use > Python3 instead because need Python3 for a uni lab. How do I change it? I'm afraid I don't use Wing so I can't give a good answer, but I googled and found this: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/25318792/how-do-i-configure-wing101-to-run-python-3-3 It's not very helpful, but it might point you in th...

embedding python in python #3
Hi, anyone had any experiences in embedding python in python? I've tried to do this but it doesn't work. eval("from Tkinter import *") Thanks maurice Use exec. On Wed, Sep 29, 2004 at 09:23:28AM +0000, Maurice LING wrote: > Hi, > > anyone had any experiences in embedding python in python? > > I've tried to do this but it doesn't work. > > eval("from Tkinter import *") Maurice LING <mauriceling@acm.org> wrote in message news:<415a7f0b$1@news.unimelb.edu.au>... > Hi, > > anyone had any experiences in embeddi...

python-daemon for Python v3
Hi Community Is there ported to Python v3 python-daemon package? https://pypi.python.org/pypi/python-daemon/ i am afraid it is not as simple as correction of relative path input feature and except clauses in mentioned package. Thanks Asaf Asaf Las <roegltd@gmail.com> writes: > Is there ported to Python v3 python-daemon package? > > https://pypi.python.org/pypi/python-daemon/ Have a read through the archives for the ‘python-daemon-devel’ discussion forum <URL:http://lists.alioth.debian.org/mailman/listinfo/python-daemon-devel>, where we have ...

Re: Python mascot? How about a Pythoneer?
Stephen Ferg <steve@ferg.org> wrote: > > I've been thinking that a good Python mascot might help in raising > public awareness of Python. > > The problem with a snake as a mascot is that it is not > anthropomorphic > enough....so a snake is out. > > So are Terry Gilliam's wonderful cartoons for the Flying Circus. > While wonderful, I just don't think they lend themselves to > mascot-hood. > > In that spirit, I propose the development of a figure representing > Python -- the Pythoneer. Given that Python users are traditionally ...

Python from Smalltalk / Smalltalk from Python?
I am currently using a graphical package which is scripted with (integrated with) python. But I'd like to do my programming in smalltalk, thank you very much. How much of a hassle is it to connect python and smalltalk for this sort of thing? Anyone else done it? Is there a recommended approach? Tips? Suggestions? Pitfalls? (I have interfaced with C in the past, relatively painlessly, so I'm not a total newbie with this sort of thing) Thanks. pineapple.link@yahoo.com escreveu: > I am currently using a graphical package which is scripted with > (integrated with...

How to run python without python
Is there a way to developing a script on linux and give it to someone on microsoft, so that they could run it on microsoft without installing python? Wayne ...

Python 3 is killing Python

Using Python To Launch Python
Hello All, I have a situation where I can count on a Python installation being available on a system, but I can't count on it being a version of Python needed by my application. Since my application has it's own version of Python installed with it how should I use the system Python to launch the version of Python that launches my Application. Yes, this is a convoluted process, but not all Pythons are built the same :) Right now I am leaning towards using exec to start a new process, but I thought I would check to see if anyone else has had the need to perform a task similar to thi...

ActivePython or Python from Python.org
Hi everyone. I noticed that ActiveState has their own variation of Python and was curious if there's a benefit to choosing their version over the version offered via Python.org. Could someone lend some insight? Thanks, Rey... Rey Bango wrote: > Hi everyone. I noticed that ActiveState has their own variation of > Python and was curious if there's a benefit to choosing their version > over the version offered via Python.org. > > Could someone lend some insight? Here is some reasoning I wrote a while back: http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-list/2007-July/447987...

Web resources about - Sending cookies with python. When download with python - comp.lang.python

Download to Donate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Download to Donate is a program by Music for Relief , a non-profit organization established by Linkin Park in 2005 to help victims of natural ...

Dropify Download 2.0 Simplifies Uploading Content To Facebook, Downloading, Sharing
Dropify launched in January, integrating with Facebook’s Open Graph and allowing users to make files available for download via the social network, ...

Download the Facebook IQ digital magazine - Facebook for Business
The Facebook IQ digital magazine puts all the insights, best practices and key stats in one place. Download it on your mobile and read it anywhere. ...

Downloads
Download previous versions of the Facebook for iOS SDK.

CrowdMob’s Mafia Location Game Harnesses Facebook Places to Drive Downloads
Even though Facebook likely has around 700 million users now, it actually isn’t often that we hear the social network is a major driver for user ...

Lifehacker, tips and downloads for getting things done
Lifehacker curates tips, tricks, and technology for living better in the digital age.

Technology Product Reviews, News, Prices & Downloads - PCMag.com - PC Magazine
PC Magazine is your complete guide to PC computers, peripherals and upgrades. We test and review computer- and Internet-related products and ...

Indie Music News, MP3 Downloads, Music Videos, Reviews - Stereogum
MP3s downloads, music videos, concert reviews, tour dates and contests. Updated regularly.

RN Download ThisShow (@RNDownload) on Twitter
Log in Sign up You are on Twitter Mobile because you are using an old version of Internet Explorer. Learn more here RN Download ThisShow @ RNDownload ...

Telstra customers use free data day to double downloads
Telstra has declared its national day of free mobile downloads a success, with twice the usual traffic and no significant problems.