SIP and PyQt5 Installation

Hello, I've been having troubles being able to integrate the PyQt5 GUI into=
 my IDEs. I've used various example codes from the web to see if the librar=
y would import properly but the console sends me back an import error sayin=
g, "No module named PyQt5". Could someone provide me with the steps for not=
 only the installation/configuring of SIP/PyQt but also the steps needed to=
 integrate it to the eclipse IDE?
0
churros

On Thursday, December 22, 2016 at 5:32:31 PM UTC-8, churros...@gmail.com wr=
ote:
> Hello, I've been having troubles being able to integrate the PyQt5 GUI in=
to my IDEs. I've used various example codes from the web to see if the libr=
ary would import properly but the console sends me back an import error say=
ing, "No module named PyQt5". Could someone provide me with the steps for n=
ot only the installation/configuring of SIP/PyQt but also the steps needed =
to integrate it to the eclipse IDE?

You need to specify your operating system.  I found installing PyQt and SIP=
 to be quite simple on Ubuntu Linux, although I don't use Eclipse. =20

You probably also should let people know whether you are using Python 2 or =
Python 3 (and if you're new to Python and don't have to work with legacy co=
de, you will be better served by working in Py3).

About 18 months ago, I helped two people install PyQt and SIP on their mach=
ines, one Windows, one Mac.  I found it to be quite painful in both cases (=
and, sorry to say, I've forgotten the details).
0
jladasky
12/23/2016 2:00:17 AM

On December 23, 2016 7:02:03 AM GMT+05:30, churros.studios@gmail.com wrote:
>Hello, I've been having troubles being able to integrate the PyQt5 GUI
>into my IDEs. I've used various example codes from the web to see if
>the library would import properly but the console sends me back an
>import error saying, "No module named PyQt5". Could someone provide me
>with the steps for not only the installation/configuring of SIP/PyQt
>but also the steps needed to integrate it to the eclipse IDE?
>--

If you're on windows and python 3.4 would be sufficient,  then for python 3.4 you could download windows installer from the pyqt site. Install it after installing  python and then you can  Import the libraries as regular libraries.

George
0
Mirage