Success using Python .NET with py2exe?

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Has anyone had any success using py2exe with anything you've written
using the Python .NET implementation? (This is the one from the Zope
website -- not ActiveState). I seem to be having trouble with py2exe
and anything I've written using the CLR modules. Has anyone encountered
this?

Thanks,

Harlin

0
Reply harlinseritt (183) 2/9/2005 8:33:26 AM

See related articles to this posting

I haven't spent any time recently with it, but I seem to recall having
more success using cx_Freeze for packaging than with py2exe (when using
Python.NET).  In the time since I then, I suspect all of the packagers
have gotten more sophisticated, and you might have more options.

A good place for questions like these is the Python.NET list:

Reply almondb (10) 2/9/2005 10:50:50 AM
comp.lang.python 72008 articles. 11 followers. Post

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Use of Python in .NET
Hi, I am developing a code which has MVC (Model - View - Controler) architecture.My view is in .NET. And my controller is in Python.So can i call Python script from .NET? If yes, Can anybody tell me method or related documentation? Thanks in Advamce.... sushant.sirsikar@gmail.com wrote: > Hi, > I am developing a code which has MVC (Model - View - Controler) > architecture.My view is in .NET. And my controller is in Python.So can > i call Python script from .NET? If yes, > Can anybody tell me method or related documentation? http://www.google.com/search?q=python+.net ...

Is anyone using Python for .NET?
Is anyone using Python for .NET? I mean Brian's version at Zope, which simply accesses .NET in a one-way fashion from Python. http://www.zope.org/Members/Brian/PythonNet Not the experimental ActiveState stuff, which tried to compile IL and apparently didn't succeed. Two motives for the question: 1) whether to use it for my C++ / C# / .NET / Python (?) game project. It's a prototype, so in this context a "mostly working beta" is acceptable. I won't need "ready for prime time" for another year yet. 2) whether it's viable at this time to consult Pytho...

Is there a way to use .NET DLL from Python
Hello All, I have several .NET DLL (I have no source code for them), is there anyway to use them from python instead of from C#. Thanks, Huayang The following links *may* put you on the right path: Calling DLL functions from Python ( http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Cookbook/Python/Recipe/146847 ), a fairly complete description with some helper class code. Another example ( http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Cookbook/Python/Recipe/181063 ) of using the calldll module to do this. calldll module: http://www.nightmare.com/software.html http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Cookbook/Python/Recipe...

Using Python to drive .NET apps
Hello- I'm looking for the best way, using open source tools only (preferrably Python-based) to drive automated GUI testing on a .NET application. App is written in C#.NET. I have experience with driving Win32 apps with win32com. Thanks! On 28 Feb, 21:02, "Ransom" <g...@sbcglobal.net> wrote: > Hello- > > I'm looking for the best way, using open source tools only > (preferrably Python-based) to drive automated GUI testing on a .NET > application. App is written in C#.NET. > > I have experience with driving Win32 apps with win32com. > > Tha...

[Fwd: RE: Is anyone using Python for .NET?]
-----Forwarded Message----- From: Mark Hammond <mhammond@skippinet.com.au> To: 'James Tanis' <jtanis@charter.net> Subject: RE: Is anyone using Python for .NET? Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2003 11:25:40 +1100 > Just wondering, because this discussion peaked my > interest.. but why do > you disagree.. I understand your opinion that the market right now for > this product are "average" programmer's who happily except > being dumbed > down.. but why (if you do) do you disagree with his statement > about .NET > support being advantageous to *nix. I...

creating single-instance executables using python/py2exe
Hi, I have created an application using python/wxPython and py2exe. I have associated a certain file extension with this application so that when I double-click the file, my application is launched. The application runs fine except that a new instance is created when I double click on two different files. Is there a way in which I can make sure only one instance is created? Any additional files are opened in the same running instance? Would appreciate any comments/feedback. thanks, Satchit -- ---- Satchidanand Haridas (sharidas at zeomega dot com) ZeOmega (www.zeomega.com) Open Min...

Compiling Python 2.3 in Windows using .NET
Hello all, I'm looking to compile debug versions of python23.dll and python23.lib using .NET. I done this successfully using MSVC++ but would like to use .NET. Has anyone been successful in compiling Python using .NET? I would be interested in the process and any problems/quirks you ran into Gus Tabares ...

Resolving import errors reported by PyLint in modules using Python.NET
PyLint can't figure out imports of .NET code being referenced in my Python = scripts that use Python.NET. I can kind of see why; you have to evaluate s= ome clr.AddReference calls for the imports to even succeed. I wonder if I = have any recourse. Generally, to import a DLL you have to do a few things.= I guess for an example I'll import a .NET string: ---- import clr # Python .NET common-language runtime module, the important p= art of it all clr.AddReference("System") from System import String # .NET System.String can =3D String("Spam") ...

Anyone else using Python OpenSSL Wrappers? (http://sourceforge.net/projects/pow/)
I have been considering the various SSL/crypto libraries for Python, and they all have their plus and minus points. The main sticking point has been to have BOTH X509 file support and access to some crypto operations for signing/hashing. The only one which does both (please correct me if this is a misconception on my part) is http://sourceforge.net/projects/pow/ but I can find very few references to it, or projects that use it via Google. Does anyone use it in their projects, or have any experiences to share? So far have tested reading some basic certificates and signing some small bi...

Creat a DLL File from python code, and use that DLL file in other Platform (Labview, Java .NET etc)
Hi, I would like to request your attention for this very specific issue: I have several classes in Python, and now I want simply re-use it, in other language. The closest to solution I think I came was with this site: http://www.py2exe.org/index.cgi/Py2exeAndCtypesComExeServer?highlight=%28%28Py2exeAndCtypesComDllServer%29%29 but I not able to solve questions related with TLB files and __init__.py files. So, could anyone give a tip about HOW TO CREAT a dll file from Python? thank in advance AMMS macedo.silva@gmail.com wrote: > Hi, > > I would like to request your attention ...

Survey: Does your company use Python? Do you know a company that uses Python?
This is a survey to find as many companies using Python as we can. You can see the survey below: <http://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=dHlwaUxIY2g0ZXpUMk4tREZDSTY3bkE6MA..> You don't need to work at the company to add it to this list! We will filter for duplicates. The answers to this survey will be kept private. If you still don't want to identify yourself, no problem! We just want to know where Python is being used. On 7 Ago, 21:15, VanL <van.lindb...@gmail.com> wrote: > This is a survey to find as many companies using Python as we can. You > ca...

Survey: Does your company use Python? Do you know a company that uses Python?
This is a survey to find as many companies using Python as we can. You can see the survey below: <http://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=dHlwaUxIY2g0ZXpUMk4tREZDSTY3bkE6MA..> You don't need to work at the company to add it to this list! We will filter for duplicates. The answers to this survey will be kept private. If you still don't want to identify yourself, no problem! We just want to know where Python is being used. ...

I could use some help making this Python code run faster using only Python code.
I am new to Python however I would like some feedback from those who know more about Python than I do at this time. def scrambleLine(line): s = '' for c in line: s += chr(ord(c) | 0x80) return s def descrambleLine(line): s = '' for c in line: s += chr(ord(c) & 0x7f) return s def scrambleFile(fname,action=1): if (path.exists(fname)): try: f = open(fname, "r") toks = fname.split('.') while (len(toks) > 2): toks.pop() fname = '.'.j...

using run with net use
Hi, I start "net use" with the run-command in a clipper 5.2e program under Win2000. This runs perfectly on my system. Now I want to run it on another PC, and it does not work. I already checked the config.nt and autoexec.nt files. They are the same. I think its something with the memory, but where can I check this. Josef Josef, Does the command work if you use from the command line on "another" PC? Josef, >I start "net use" with the run-command in a clipper 5.2e program under >Win2000. This runs perfectly on my system. Now I want to run it on >ano...

Using Python To Launch Python
Hello All, I have a situation where I can count on a Python installation being available on a system, but I can't count on it being a version of Python needed by my application. Since my application has it's own version of Python installed with it how should I use the system Python to launch the version of Python that launches my Application. Yes, this is a convoluted process, but not all Pythons are built the same :) Right now I am leaning towards using exec to start a new process, but I thought I would check to see if anyone else has had the need to perform a task similar to thi...

Using Python within a Python application.
Hello, everyone. I am doing some searching and winding up a little bit confused. I have a MUD client that I am writing using Python and wxWidgets, as some of you may remember. What I am looking to do now, is add "trigger" functionality to it. In essence, the application receives text from the game, and if it is in any of the trigger definitions, it acts on it by executing Python code that the user has associated with the action. So, the question is, what is the safe way to do this? I have found the 'compile' function, which returns a code object(?) which I would want to...

Using net use command in C++?
Hi everybody, I am new to C++ and I would like to use this program to give the home directory to each user. My program is as below: #include "iostream.h" int main() { cout << "Home Directory for this user" << endl; system("net use H: \\TEST\Home\%username%"); return 0; } I've got the message as below: --------------------Configuration: HomeDirectory - Win32 Debug----- Compiling... HomeDirectory.cpp D:\HomeDirectory\HomeDirectory.cpp(10) : error C2065: 'system' : undeclared identifier D:\HomeDirectory\HomeDirectory.cpp(10) : warning C4...

using mysql-connector-net in .NET
Hello, I have downloaded mysql-connector-net-1.0.9.zip and installed it in Windows XP. I don't know what to do to use MySql namespace in my .NET application. Could you help me please? Thank you! RAM ...

Using python to extend a python app
I'm writing a python app that works as a replacement for the menu that comes with most minimalist wms when you right click the root window. It's prettier and written completely in python. I'd like to provide hooks or some system so that people can write their own extensions to the app, for example adding fluxbox options, and then fluxbox users can choose to use that extension. But I'm not sure how to implement it. Right now the best idea I have is to have all desired extensions in a folder, import each .py file in that folder as a module using __import__, and then call...

What universities use lisp to teach now? I heard that MIT is using python where is used scheme b4?
Whats up with THAT!?? ...

SOAP web services using python. Would like to change the Envelope Document using MessagePlugin before sending it using suds
Hi , My current SOAP request sent via suds.client looks like this: <SOAP-ENV:Envelope (some name space URIs)> <SOAP-ENV:Header /> <SOAP-ENV:Body> <ns5:saveModule> <request xsi:type="ns3:SaveModule"> <Module xsi:type="ns4:Module"> <ModuleName xsi:type="ns1:string">Test</ModuleName> </Module> </request> </ns5:saveModule> </SOAP-ENV:Body> </SOAP-ENV:Envelope> This request fails on my server. If i take ...

Troubles using Net::Pcap and Net::PcapUtils
I am using Activestate perl 5.10.0 on Windows XP. I used ppm to install Net::Pcap and Net::PcapUtils, having already installed WinPcap. That install seems to be OK, since WinDump gets device information Here is what it gives me: K:\WinDump>WinDump -D 1.\Device\NPF_GenericDialupAdapter (Adapter for generic dialup and VPN capture) 2.\Device\NPF_{4F9C5FE2-01EF-47B8-8B72-420927DB17A6} (D-Link WDA-1320 Wireless G Desktop Adapter) 3.\Device\NPF_{99D913FB-6354-4C53-9215-B70123099406} (Realtek RTL8139/810x Family Fast Ethernet NIC. But the following gives me nothing: use Net...

Ruby-Python; using python from within ruby
At the moment I'm looking at rails, it seems like a great framework. The only downside it has is its rather limited availability of 3rd party libraries. At the moment there are at least two libraries I need that are available to python but not to ruby (search engine, either xapian or lucene( python has bindings to both, ruby has neither), pydns and another custom python script) After looking for a solution I came across ruby-python (http://raa.ruby-lang.org/project/ruby-python/). Sadly enough it is a little bit outdated. It seems to need ruby 2.6 and python 1.5 while I'm using ruby 1....

How to use python environment created using virtualenv?
I have created a python environment using virtualenv, but when i want to import such environment to PyDev, error just appears, it tells there should be a Libs dir, but there is no Libs DIr in the virtual envronment created using virtualenv, what should i do if i want to use this virtual environment? On Aug 16, 3:15=A0pm, smith jack <thinke...@gmail.com> wrote: > I have created a python environment using virtualenv, but when i want > to import such environment to PyDev, error just appears, > it tells there should be a Libs dir, but there is no Libs DIr in the > virtual envron...