Success using Python .NET with py2exe?

Has anyone had any success using py2exe with anything you've written
using the Python .NET implementation? (This is the one from the Zope
website -- not ActiveState). I seem to be having trouble with py2exe
and anything I've written using the CLR modules. Has anyone encountered
this?

Thanks,

Harlin

0
harlinseritt (183)

I haven't spent any time recently with it, but I seem to recall having
more success using cx_Freeze for packaging than with py2exe (when using
Python.NET).  In the time since I then, I suspect all of the packagers
have gotten more sophisticated, and you might have more options.

A good place for questions like these is the Python.NET list:

almondb (10)

SN#13964 "Using JConsole to Monitor Applications"
SYSTEM NEWS FOR SUN USERS Vol 83 Issue 4 2005-01-24 Article 13964 from section "Developer's Section" Comprehensive Monitoring, Management Offered in J2SE[TM] 5.0 The Java Monitoring and Management Console (JConsole) tool is incorporated within the Java[TM] 2 Platform, Standard Edition (J2SE[TM]) 5.0 and utilizes the extensive instrumentation of the Java[TM] Virtual Machine (JVM[TM])*. A Sun Developer Network Site article outlines how to use this tool to obtain information about an application running on the Java[TM] platform. ...

Python 3 success story
Last summer, a college student, who prefers Python to Java and Racket (her other CS course languages), wanted to do a year-long AI research project using PyBrain (for the ai part), numpy (required for PyBrain), and pygame (for animated displays). We both preferred 3.x. That was not an issue for pygame and numpy as compiled 3.4 Windows binaries were easily available. PyBrain, however, was '2.7 only'. So I downloaded it, read the doc for 2to3, and ran it to do the conversion. Running the PyBrain test suite did not work because it uses fragile doctests. Looking at th...

Using chapters and chapters*
Hi I am writing my theses on Latex and am using the book format. I wrote all the chapters using the command \chapter{name}. As i didn' t want the conclusions to be a chapter i wrote \chapter*{conclusions}. My problem is that Latex doesn't understand that the previous chapter ends were the conclusions begin and keeps writing the name of the previous chapter at the top of the page. Does anyone know how can i fix this? Silva schrieb: > Hi > I am writing my theses on Latex and am using the book format. I wrote > all the chapters using the command > \chapter{name}. As i didn...

Question to python C API
Hi, I have the following question ... I write a custom "*.init" method and expect a variable number or arguments This are my questions: 1. I need something like a for loop to analyse this arguments For now I try the "PyArg_ParseTupleAndKeywords" but i missing somehing like an Object-Array return value as "format" .... 2. can i combine variable args with keywords ? because it will fit into my spec to use both together 3. I want to retrieve a bool object as int value, where is a format "O" and &qu...

is there any one using DLZ extension to BIND
hi BIND community, i want to know if lot of BIND servers on Internet or anywhere using DLZ extension for have db files inside a My SQL database vus BIND db files ? if you using it ... does it robust and are you satisfay of DLZ with BIND. I need hight DNS performance (qps) and database facilities... (lot of zone reload... RNDC is ok) -- Regards, Michel BESNARD http://blog.yumanet.com http://blog.mfl42.net http://sweetlili.yumanet.com ...

How to use regular expression with grep
Hello all, This should be something very simple but I am not that familiar with grep (and unix in general). But I'm trying to learn how to do this. Let say I have a log file fall MyLog.log and it has lots of lines in it. I'm trying to find the line with this string YYYYDDMM HHMMSS [INFO] The time taken to process XYZ is 15 the thing is that XYZ is something that always change. I tried (which demonstrate my not knowing this thing) grep "The time taken to process * is 15" MyLog.log And that simply doesnt works. I need the answer as soon as possbile. In the meantime I&#...

multiple specgram on a single figure without using subplot
Hello, Anyone knows about plotting a many spectrograms in a single diagram without using subplot.If anyone knows please help me. Arumugachmay. ...

Re: Treatment of time trends in a logistic regression model using #4 1547162
You might check proc genmod. On 5/3/05, Weis, Erica (DHS-DCDC-IDB) <EWeis@dhs.ca.gov> wrote: > I have 4 cycles of survey data where we would like to look at change in > risk over time. The surveys are cross-sectional, so no subject answered > in more than 1 year. Right now I am treating survey cycle as if it was > a confounder (there was no interaction detected), but I know this is not > the best way to handle it. > > How would you look at time trends in this situation? > > Erica L Weis, MPH > Research Scientist > Disease Investigation Section > Inf...

Send an Email from Access 2000 using Novell Groupwise
Does anyone know how to send an email with Novell Groupwise from Access? I have tried the following code, but keep getting stuck: DoCmd.SendObject , , , EMailList, , EMailName, NameYourOwnReport, "Enter Message Here", True EmailList is a list of recipients - there have to be more than one recipients, but Groupwise keeps cutting the list down to 1 email address; EmailName is a list of bcc recipients. Again, I have to have more than 1, but have the same problem as above. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Atim ...

Using MSXML and C++to get all children?

Anybody ever used SurfaceWorks??
I was wondering if anyone ever used surfaceworks and is it any good. Is it parametric to solids created in SW or is it just independant surfaces and when you change the underlying solids it goes to hell http://www.aerohydro.com/index.html It's a very good surfacer, parametric and associative with SW data. If you need Rhino / Alias modeling but want something more associative, then Surfaceworks is cool. The terminology is maybe a little quirky, but it's fairly understandable. You build from sketch / curve / edge data and it has a feature tree, but it's not history driven. ...

[News] Linux Point of Sale a Success Story in Big Hotel

FAQ Topic
----------------------------------------------------------------------- FAQ Topic - How do I access a property of an object using a string? ----------------------------------------------------------------------- There are two equivalent ways to access properties: the dot notation and the square bracket notation. What you are looking for is the square bracket notation in which the dot, and the identifier to its right, are replaced with a set of square brackets containing a string. The value of the string matches the identifier. For example:- //dot notation var bodyElement = document.body; ...

Using an array to search a text file
I am slurping up one file to get the IDs using: my @id_hits=map substr($_, 0, 5), <$IFILE>; I print out that array just to make sure it has items in it and it does. I then open the second file $AFILE and try looping through it like so: foreach my $id ( @id_hits ) { while ( my $line = <$AFILE> ) { if ( $line =~ /$id/ ) { print "$line\n"; } } } close $AFILE The print statement for the @id_hits prints out the contents of the array but nada after that. I get nothing from the foreach/while statement. The first value in the array looks...

Using iPhoto
I am a newbie with a new G5 iMac, so please make allowances if this is a simple question. When i got the iMac I transferred all of my backedup files, including photos in jpeg format, to my home folder. All went well, except the photos will not display in iPhoto. I see that I can transfer them to iPhoto but will this mean that the photos will be duplicated in my home folder and iPhoto? If this is the case, will there be any harm in deleting the duplicated photo files in my home folder. As an experiment I did transfer one small directory of photos and found that they are displayed in iPhoto...

Re: How do I write an SQL query using dataset observations? #3
Ben: An nested query containing the IN list will accomplish what you want: proc sql; create table t as select * from entries where refid in(select refid from k) and sector = "A"; quit; The 'relvar type' of the yield of the nested query has to be a column (or cell). Unless you have a very long list, you would not have to consider more efficient alternatives. Sig -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of ben.powell@CLA.CO.UK Sent: Monday, June 28, 2004 10:22 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: How do I write an SQL quer...

[News] The Success of Eclipse Related ot the Success of Linux
Can Linux Get a Lift From Eclipse? ,----[ Quote ] | Eager to shed its reputation as a tool just for Java developers, Eclipse has | quickly embraced newer languages such as PHP, Python and Ruby—as well as | older ones like Ada, COBOL and C. But when it comes to enabling native Linux | development, Eclipse isn’t moving as fast. It’s not uncommon for applications | originating from Eclipse to target Linux servers... `---- http://www.sda-india.com/sda_india/psecom,id,22,site_layout,sdaindia,news,21957,p,0.html Related: Building from Source Crucial for Linux to Adopt Eclipse ,----[ Qu...

All user's mail files using lotusscript...??
Hi All, I want to access all user's database files on the server using lotusscript. Well I tried it, and got little success too. Well here I am giving you a brief idea of my approach. I just used NotesDbDirectory class to access all the database on the server. Here is my code: Sub Initialize Dim session As New NotesSession Dim dbDir As NotesDbDirectory Dim db As NotesDatabase Dim servername As String servername = "serverName" 'specify server name Set dbDir = session.GetDbDirectory(servername) Set db =dbDir.GetFirstDatabase(DATABASE) Do While Not db Is Noth...

[ace-users] Problem using ACE_Token
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_001B_01C553F5.882D99F0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi: I am trying to use the ACE_Token class for thread synchronization. I have declared it as a member of singleton class protecting an internal resource. All threads call a method of this singleton class which in turn does the acquire_read or acquire on the mutex based on a 'boolean' parameter indicating whether the caller needs a read-only or read-write lock. Although the lock works fine as f...

Get desired success with project management software
Today project management software is used by almost every company. It is a tool without which one can live. Doing business online and communicating with everyone in regards to the progress and requirements of the project would not have been possible without the help of project management software. I would like to share my experience. I'm glad to use services from Project-drive Team. Besides Project Management Software, they have Employee Time Tracking Software, Web Based Project Management Software, and Free Web Based Project Management Tools. Go http://freetrial.project-drive...

catch-ing unsatisfied ``use''
Hello! I'm trying to modify a script, that uses ImageMagick bindings, to also work with those of GraphicsMagick. The script currently does simply: use Image::Magick; For GraphicsMagick one would say: use Graphics::Magick; I tried the following use Image::Magick or use Graphics::Magick; (syntax error) And try { use Image::Magick; } catch Error { use GraphicsMagick; }; The second one does not cause syntax errors, but the script still fails with an error about being unable to find Image/Magick.pm...

Cant use 2 ethernet cards.
Hello Group, I have 2 windows boxes, XP and 98SE. The XP box has a 54mb wireless adapter and a 1gb lan adapter. The 98SE box has 2 lan adapters, 100mb and a 1gb. The XP is a laptop that connects to the internet with its wireless adapter with no problem. I want to use the second adapter (1gb) to connect to the 98SE 1gb adapter. This will be used to transfer large video files between the boxes. I want the 98SE to connect to the internet using the 100mb adapter and keep the 1gb adapter for the 98SE/XP exclusive connection, but... Here is the problem. I cannot make the 100 mb adapter connec...

Office gets a shell optimized for its use ..
Schedule [June 1993] Q2/94 - Chicago ships. - Shell has limited extensibility. (See below for details) Chicago + 6 months - Office ships with optimized shell - Shell adds features for optimal support of Office requirements. (See below for details) - Office includes many features that exploit the new shell. - New shell not initially available with Windows itself. - The Office shell should be approximatly a superset of Chicago shell features (although some components, such as the Tray, may be replaced.) ... Sometime after Office ships - Cairo ships with a shell that is a superset of the O...

Problem When using Recordset paging
Hi, guys, I got a problem when trying to paging the recordset. the problem is even I set the pagesize but the first page will always show all the records and the number of records that shown on the second page will always all records number minus pagesize. for example, if I have total 5 records and pagesize = 2, then first page will show 5 record and second one will show 3 and the last page will show the last one. any one have some idea about that condition? Thanks a lot! Li (zlusc@hotmail.com) writes: > I got a problem when trying to paging the recordset. the problem is > even I set...

problem using subprocess.call
Hi! running py module with the following code from shell: __ dir=os.path.join(os.path.expanduser("~/domains/domain.com/html"),'test') subprocess.call(['find',dir+" -name '*.zip' -execdir unzip {} \;"]) __ returns: __ find: /home/clients/alex291_ftp0/domains/domain.com/html/test -name '*.zip' -execdir unzip {} \;: No such file or directory __ Maybe I should change some escape-symbols? Which of them? Tricks with r"..." """...""" \\ didn't help... Alex Kachanov wrote: > running py mod...