thanks, it is useful.
but ,why this line "encoding = locale.getdefaultlocale()" in
original file"IOBinding.py " ,
it should be work
kazuo fujimoto wrote:
> I found your message now, because I also would encounter the same
> > A few unicode tutorials on the web show that it's possible to type
> > unicode characters into the IDLE gui...
> > However, when i type korean (hangul) characters it complains:
> > Unsupported Characters in input
> > I don't have a great understanding of unicode, but when I use a UTF-8
> > source file with korean strings in, and run it as a CGI script it
> > works fine.
> > I'm using python 2.3.3 on win XP.
> > Any tutorials / info anyone could point me to? Thanks...
> Now I am using Hangle with Japaese.
> What I did is as follow.
> My Python is now 2.4.3
> 1) open the IOBinding.py in $python/idellib
> 2) see the block just after line35, and insert one line.
> encoding = "ascii" # line 35
> if sys.platform == 'win32':
> # On Windows, we could use "mbcs". However, to give the user
> # a portable encoding name, we need to find the code page
> encoding = locale.getdefaultlocale()
> except LookupError:
> encoding = 'utf-8' ## <- this line force the encoding to utf-8.
> 3) save the file and quit Idle and reopen Idle.
> I hope my experience will solve your problem.
> (It has passed 2 years and more, so you might already solve the problem.
> I you know better solution, please inform me.)