Unable to install pywin32 for Python 2.6.2 #2

I install Python 2.6.2 with no problem, but then run the installer for
pywin32 from Source Forge and get this message at the end.  IDLE works,
but Pywin32 does not.

Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "<string>", line 601, in <module>
   File "<string>", line 313, in install
ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified module could not be found
--------------
I have uninstalled my Python 2.5.4 and Python 2.6.2 and it does not
help.  Any suggestions on how to install Pywin32 appreciated.

TIA

David Lees

David Lees wrote:
> I install Python 2.6.2 with no problem, but then run the installer for
> pywin32 from Source Forge and get this message at the end.  IDLE works,
> but Pywin32 does not.
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "<string>", line 601, in <module>
>   File "<string>", line 313, in install
> ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified module could not be found
> --------------
> I have uninstalled my Python 2.5.4 and Python 2.6.2 and it does not
> help.  Any suggestions on how to install Pywin32 appreciated.
>
> TIA
>
> David Lees

Oops, Pardon my posting this.  I should have Googled first and would
have solved the problem.  I posted this in May, and Mark Hammond solved
the problem then.  I forgot about it and repeated mistake.

In case anyone else has this problem, my mistake was a PYTHONPATH that
pointed to my Python 2.5 installation.  I simply changed it to:
C:\Python26\Lib\site-packages
and reran the Pywin32 installer and all is fine.

David Lees
En Thu, 03 Sep 2009 02:16:13 -0300, David Lees <debl2NoSpam@verizon.net>
escribi�:

> In case anyone else has this problem, my mistake was a PYTHONPATH that
> pointed to my Python 2.5 installation.  I simply changed it to:
> C:\Python26\Lib\site-packages
> and reran the Pywin32 installer and all is fine.

Assuming you installed Python into C:\Python26, then
C:\Python26\Lib\site-packages is already on your Python search path; you
don't even need to set PYTHONPATH at all.

--
Gabriel Genellina

0
gagsl-py2 (3707)