unbound method () must be called with ... instance as first argument (got nothing instead)

Dear all,

I have the following two lines code in my setup frame:
 //////////////////////
 self.showHideConstructor = ui.interface.interface.ShowHide()
 QtCore.QObject.connect(self.pushButtonAdd,
QtCore.SIGNAL(_fromUtf8("clicked()")),self.showHideConstructor,ui.interface.interface.ShowHide.showFindMaterials())
//////////////////////

and i have module ui.interface.interface , it contains ShowHide class,
and it consists showFindMaterials() method.

When i run program , i get the following traceback :
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./main.py", line 113, in <module>
    main()
  File "./main.py", line 94, in main
    interfaceObj.showMaterials()
  File "/home/mohsen/codes/amlak/amlak/src/ui/interface/interface.py",
line 82, in showMaterials
    self.ui.setupUi(self.Frame)
  File "/home/mohsen/codes/amlak/amlak/src/ui/materialsFrame.py", line
92, in setupUi
    QtCore.QObject.connect(self.pushButtonAdd,
QtCore.SIGNAL(_fromUtf8("clicked()")),self.showHideConstructor,ui.interface.interface.ShowHide.showFindMaterials())
TypeError: unbound method showFindMaterials() must be called with
ShowHide instance as first argument (got nothing instead)
///////////////////////////////////////////////

Where's problem?

0
mohsen1 (47)

TypeError: unbound method add() must be called with BinaryTree instance as first argument (got nothing instead)
--047d7bd757441f7b0a04dd02b936 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1 I'm getting the error in the subject, from the following code: def add(self, key): """ Adds a node containing I{key} to the subtree rooted at I{self}, returning the added node. """ node = self.find(key) if not node: node.key = key # placeholder node.left, node.right = self.__class__(parent=node), self.__class__(parent=node) return (False, node) else: if random.random() < 0.5: print('node.left is %s' % node.left) return BinaryTree.add(self=node.left, key=key) else: print('node.right is %s' % node.left) return BinaryTree.add(self=node.right, key=key) The above add() method is part of a BinaryTree(object) class, whose subclass is RedBlackTree. We need to explicitly call BinaryTree.add() with an explict self, to avoid inappropriately calling RedBlackTree.add().; BinaryTree.add() is being called with a RedBlackTree instance as self. The debugging print and traceback look like: node.left is 0 -1 red Traceback (most recent call last): File "app_main.py", line 51, in run_toplevel File "test-red_black_tree_mod", line 328, in <module> test() File "test-red_black_tree_mod", line 31...

TypeError: unbound method must be called with class instance 1st argument
I'm a novice at Python, and found some code samples on how to use threads. My script is being run by a product that contains a Jython interpreter. Can someone please explain why I get the following error: Traceback (innermost last): File "/full/path/to/file/GenerateData.py", line 104, in ? File "/full/path/to/file/GenerateData.py", line 34, in __init__ TypeError: unbound method must be called with class instance 1st argument Here are the important pieces of my GenerateData.py script. Note that "scriptinterface" is something provided by the product to...

How to call an instance method from a static method allowing overrides?
I'd like to be able to subclass a class with "public static main(String argv[])" but since static methods can't be overridden I want it first to get an instance of itself then call the instance's main(). Problem is, how does the class reference itself without naming itself? -- ..tom remove dashes in email for replies http://isectd.sourceforge.net public class ClassName { // JDK 1.4 static String className = new Throwable().getStackTrace()[0].getClassName(); public static void main(String[] args) { System.out.println(className); // now you have class na...

Newbie Q : How to call Instance method from class methode
Hello, i'm try to call with this : @implementation maclasse +(id) methodeclassA{ ret = [maclasse getinstance]; } -(int) getinstance{ return OK; } @end but, it don't work correctly what i'm need. it find about a class methode named +[maclasse getinstance] then so, how can do for it call -[maclasse getinstance] in +(id) methodeclassA, but i'm return an instance variable shared by other methode in the class. thanks. sebastien S�bastien <sebosac@wanadoo.fr> wrote: > Hello, i'm try ...

method call on result of method call
Hi, Beginner question that seems basic but I haven't been able to find an answer. Let's say i want to invoke a method on an object, and then I want to invoke another method on the result (perhaps there's a technical name for this which I don't know). For example, take the string "abcdef". Let's say I want to extract the first character and then capitalize it. String mystring = "abcdef"; String newstring = mystring.charAt(0).toUpperCase(); Well, this doesn't work (compiler error "char cannot be dereferenced" -- no clue what that means yet) In functional programming it seems more straightforward; something like toUpperCase( charAt(mystring, 0) ). How would you do it in Java OOP? Thanks On 6/14/2010 12:00 PM, patrol wrote: > Hi, > Beginner question that seems basic but I haven't been able to find an > answer. Let's say i want to invoke a method on an object, and then I > want to invoke another method on the result (perhaps there's a > technical name for this which I don't know). For example, take the > string "abcdef". Let's say I want to extract the first character and > then capitalize it. > > String mystring = "abcdef"; > String newstring = mystring.charAt(0).toUpperCase(); > > Well, this doesn't work (compiler error "char cannot be dereferenced" > -- no clue what that means yet) mystring.charAt(0) returns a char; a Java pri...

Calling a method with an instance
Hi. I'm playing around with creating methods and then creating an instance that calls the instance. Here's my code..... class Discount attr_accessor :amount, :discount def initialize(am, dis) @amount = am @discount = dis end def self.discount_amount(amt, disc) newamount = amt - disc end end dis1 = Discount.new(100, 20) dis1.discount_amount(amount, discount) The error I get is...... discount.rb:25:in `<main>': undefined local variable or method `amount' for main :Object (NameError) What is the best way to call a method with an instance? Thanks -- Posted vi...

Poll: Is a Java Method an Instance of the Java Class java.lang.reflect.Method? Please reply with YES or NO.
Hi, Poll: Is a Java Method an Instance of the Java Class java.lang.reflect.Method? Please put YES or NO as the first word in your reply. Add comments after it if you wish. I'll make a YES/NO count after some time. Kind regards, Paka Paka Small wrote: > Poll: Is a Java Method an Instance of the Java Class > java.lang.reflect.Method? It's not subject to vote. It's defined by the language. You might as well ask, "Is 'int' a primitive or a reference type?". Your vote will not change reality. > Please put YES or NO as the first word in your reply. Add comments > after it if you wish. > > I'll make a YES/NO count after some time. And what exactly do you hope to accomplish by this exercise? Distinguish who knows Java from those who don't? A method is not a class, and a class is not a method. That's reality in Java. The law of gravity is not subject to repeal by opinion, and neither is this. Instead of wasting your time and trying to waste ours conducting meaningless polls, why don't you read the material linked upthread and learn the truth for yourself? Learn the truth and it will set you free, or at least keep you from making errors like claiming that methods and classes are the same in Java. -- Lew On 5 feb, 20:38, Lew <lewbl...@gmail.com> wrote: > Paka Small wrote: > > Poll: Is a Java Method an Instance of the Java Class > > java.lang.reflect.Method? > > It's not sub...

instance method adding another instance method to the class
class Person end p = Person.new def p.something def speaks puts 'i speak' end end p.something Person.new.speaks I am trying to understand why the last line is working. When p.something is executed then the self is 'p object'. Now method speaks is being defined while the self is p. Since speaks is an instance method a method should be defined in p's metaclass. But p's meta class is not Person. Any one cares to explain how method speaks get defined as an instance method for Person class. -- Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com/. Raj Singh wrote: > Any...

While executing the class definition which object is referenced by the first argument of the class method, Y r Object attributes not allowed as default arguments
>>> class Test(object): .... def __init__(self): .... self.a= 2 .... def func(self, k = self.a): .... print k .... Traceback (most recent call last): File "<stdin>", line 1, in ? File "<stdin>", line 4, in Test NameError: name 'self' is not defined >>> In the 'definition of the class', what would the first argument 'self' in the methods evaluate to; when we have an object defined, it is bound to the object reference, but what happens while the class definition is executed, which I bel...

Passing a method(reference) to an other method and calling the method.
I have a staight forward question. Is is posible to pass a method as a parameter and call the passed method from within the other method? Something like the apply function in Python where can specify which fuction with what parameters is called (apply("thisMethod", arg1)). The reason I ask this is because I want to implement a callback mechanism. How can this be done or is there an other way to implement a callback mechanism where it's posible to call an arbitrary method? Thanks. Erik Erik wrote: > I have a staight forward question. Is is posible to pass a method as a >...

Calling instance methods from a decorator
I'm trying to write a decorator that would do something like: def trace(before, after): def middle(func): def inner(*args, **kwargs): func.im_self.debugfunction(before) result = func(*args, **kwargs) func.im_self.debugfunction(after) return result return inner return middle class Foo(object): def __init__(self, myname): self.name = myname def debugfunction(self, message): print 'Instance %s says: %s' % (self.name, message) @trace('calling', 'finished') def bar(...

calling class method from instance ..
I was puzzled on this but figured out a way to do it. Figured I'd post it on here, maybe there's a better way .. class Test @c = 2 def self.ctest puts @c end def initialize(i) @i = i end def itest puts @i # here's what I was trying to do !!! puts self.class.ctest end end ob = Test.new(7) ob.itest Test.ctest On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 5:19 PM, Larz <wbsurfver@gmail.com> wrote: > puts self.class.ctest IMHO this call syntax is optimal, because agnostic to the class name. Robert -- It is change, continuing change, inevitable change, that is the dominant...

how to tell a method is classmethod or static method or instance method

Doing nothing with a methods argument
Suppose I have an inheritence hierachy and each class implements a validate() method. Now suppose I call this method not knowing what instance the class is from. aSuperTypeObject.validate(); Some classes need extra information passed to the method. So instead lets have: void validate(Blah arg) {...} If the object is of a certain class I need to pass in arguments to validate. void validate(Blah arg) { doStuff(arg.getWah()); } whereas in another class I might just ignore the argument altogether: void validate(Blah arg) { doOtherStuff(); } I'd like to just call the validate m...

Python unittesting method call issue
I am trying to set the precondition for the test first prior to test other = test cases. But as you can see in my code the precondition print command is= not fired! Can you explain the cause and solution how to fire the code wit= h in that method i.e. SetPreConditionFirewall() with setup variable self.<v= ariablename> in this fucntion. Here is my code: import json import urllib #import time #from util import * import httplib #import sys #from scapy.all import * import unittest import os, sys, socket, struct, select, time=20 from threading import Thread import lo...

How to call same instance methods in different orders
Hi, I'm studying 310-035 exam and I use "Java 2 - Sun Certified Programmer & Developer for Java 2 (310-035) by Kathy Sierra, Bert Bates" as my study guide. In chapter 9 of the book there is segment of code discussing about deadlock: class DeadlockRisk { private static class Resource { public int value; } private Resource resourceA = new Resource(); private Resource resourceB = new Resource(); public int read() { synchronized(resourceA) { synchronized(resourceB) { return resourceB.value + resourceA.value; } } } public void writ...

Python Runtime Method Call Binding
Hi, Is there a way to hook a function call in python? I know __getattr__ is doing for variables, it is giving us a chance before a field is initialized. Do we have same functionality for methods? Example: class Foo(object): def __call_method__(self, ...) # just pseudo print 'A method is called in object...' f = Foo() f.test_method() I think you understand my point. Thanks, k3xji a �crit : > Hi, > > Is there a way to hook a function call in python? I know __getattr__ > is doing for variables, it is giving us a chance before a field is > initialized. N...

Problems calling methods on an orb instance
Hi everyone, I got problems calling methods on my orb instance. The code is simple enough: public static void main(String[] args) { try{ // create and initialize the ORB ORB orb = ORB.init(args, null); String x[] = orb.list_initial_services(); . . . Here I receive the following exception (orb is not 'null' !): 28.06.2005 09:37:49 com.sun.corba.se.impl.transport.SocketOrChannelConnectionImpl <init> WARNUNG: "IOP00410201: (COMM_FAILURE) Connection failure: socketType: IIOP_CLEAR_TEXT; hostname: 192.168.100.90; port: 900" org.omg.C...

calling class methods without instance
Is there a way to call a class method without an instance of that class? class myClass: def printSomething(message): print message myClass.print() That's basically what I want to do. Is there a way to do that without having to do c = myClass() c.print() I've tried using class myClass: def printSomething(message): print message printSomething = staticmethod(printSomething) but that didn't seem to work either. I'm probably just missing something really simple here. -Josh On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 15:38:56 -0500, Josh Close <narshe@gmail.com> wrote: >Is ...

calling a class method in a python module
Hi I am trying to write a C code to call a class function in a python module. Here's my python module: def fib(n): # write Fibonacci series up to n a, b = 0, 1 while b < n: print b, a, b = b, a+b def fib2(n): # return Fibonacci series up to n result = [] a, b = 0, 1 while b < n: result.append(b) a, b = b, a+b return result class MyClass: "A simple example class" i = 12345 def f(self): return 'hello world' Can anybody tell me how to call "f" in my C code? Thanks, Tuhin > Can...

call to super must be first statement in constructor
Head First Java, p252: class Mini extends Car { public Mini() { this(Color.red); } public Mini(Color c) { super("Mini"); color = c; //more initialization } public Mini(int size) { this(Color.Red); super(size); } } this counter example shows the compiler error without explaining the rationale. AFAIK "this" and "super" can't be used in the same constructor. Why not? Thufir Hawat On Sat, 31 Jul 2004 thufir.hawat@mail.com wrote: > AFAIK "this" and "super" can't be used in the same constructor. Yes they can. this is implicitly being used when you're initializing members thus: super(); _member = m; It's the same as: super(); this._member = m; On Sat, 31 Jul 2004, Gwar wrote: > > > On Sat, 31 Jul 2004 thufir.hawat@mail.com wrote: > > > AFAIK "this" and "super" can't be used in the same constructor. > > Yes they can. this is implicitly being used when you're initializing > members thus: > > > super(); > _member = m; > > > It's the same as: > > super(); > this._member = m; > super just has to be first, then. it's a sort of cut-and-paste from whichever method super() references. thanks :) thufir.hawat@mail.com writes: > AFAIK "this" and "super" can't be used in the same > constructor. Why not? Because any invocati...

why can't an instance instantiated within a class method access a protected instance method?
[Note: parts of this message were removed to make it a legal post.] Hi, Why can't an instance instantiated within a class method access a protected instance method? e.g. class Recurring < ActiveRecord::Base def self.reconcile t = Transaction.find(:first) [Note: parts of this message were removed to make it a legal post.] (complete email)Hi, Why can't an instance instantiated within a class method access a protected instance method? e.g. class Recurring < ActiveRecord::Base def self.reconcile rs = Recurring.find(:all) rs.each do |r| r.reconcile_one end end protect...

method that can be called from a class and also from an instance
Hi, I want to create a method within a class that is able to accept either a class or an instance. class MyClass(object): @magic_decorator def method(param): # param can be MyClass (cls) or an instance of MyClass (self) so I can do something like: instance = MyClass() MyClass.method() instance.method() I guess the way to go is implementing a custom decorator (@magic_decorator in my example), but, how can I know if the method has been called from the class o from an instance? Thank you very much!! Marc Aymerich wrote: > Hi, > > I want to create a method within a class that is able to accept either a > class or an instance. > > class MyClass(object): > @magic_decorator > def method(param): > # param can be MyClass (cls) or an instance of MyClass (self) > > so I can do something like: > > instance = MyClass() > > MyClass.method() > instance.method() > > I guess the way to go is implementing a custom decorator (@magic_decorator > in my example), but, how can I know if the method has been called from the > class o from an instance? > > Thank you very much!! Why would you overload a method that way? $ cat class_or_inst.py import functools class desc(object): def __init__(self, f): self._f = f def __get__(self, inst=None, class_=None): if inst is not None: return functools.partia...

Bad argument to internal function when calling method
Hi! I make class extension from Delphi, but i have problem. Here my code: //==================================================================== {pyClassMethod} function pyClassMethod( self, args : PPyObject ) : PPyObject; cdecl; var Strs : PChar; begin if PyArg_ParseTuple(args, 's',[@Strs])=-1 then Result:=nil else begin ShowMessage(Strs); end; Py_INCREF(Py_None); Result:=Py_None end; var Classname, Claass : PPyObject; MyFunc,MyMeth :PPyObject; Classname:= PyString_FromString('class_test'); Claass:= PyClass_New(nil, Python.PyScript.GetPy...

Web resources about - unbound method () must be called with ... instance as first argument (got nothing instead) - comp.lang.python

Instance (computer science) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
An instance, in object-oriented programming (OOP) , is a specific realization of any object . An object may be varied in a number of ways. Each ...

Mark Zuckerberg On Oculus VR, WhatsApp Acquisitions: ‘These Are Two Kinds Of Rare Instances’
Facebook Co-Founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg said during his keynote address at the 2014 GSMA Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, Spain, Feb. ...

Changed the AWS instance size on the Trex server from small to large, and now it runs much better. ;-) ...
... piece. The one that made the big difference came from my longtime programming friend Chuck Shotton. We increased the size of the AWS instance ...

The Instance - Podcast App on the App Store on iTunes
Get The Instance - Podcast App on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

An instance of the fingerpost - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Quite literally a fingerpost. Pelsall, Walsall, West Midlands. I had to drive past it to get to a meeting today. Great isn't it?

Buzzfeed Cans Editor After Uncovering '40 Instances' Of Plagiarism
... Editor-In-Chief Ben Smith announced his decision to fire the site’s “viral politics” writer Benny Johnson after finding at least “40 instances” ...

ACORN website allows Canberrans to report growing instances of cybercrime
A new website to fight cybercrime is set to save police an enormous amount of time and money.

Abbott's shift on settlements one more instance of secrecy
At least the Abbott government is doing its bit for the reading skills of journalists within Australia. Since there are fewer news conferences, ...

Little Lunch and Utopia are instances of great TV screenwriting
In terms of quality being measured against quantity, the best new Australian television show this year is Little Lunch.

Queensland Police are investigating several instances of looting in Bundaberg and Gympie
POLICE are investigating several instances of looting in Gympie and Bundaberg in the wake of flooding.