Web-based client code execution

What are the options?

The user to hits a web page, downloads code (Python I hope), execute it,
and be able to return the results.  It needs to be able to go through
standard HTTP so that it could be run from behind a corporate firewall
without any other ports being opened.

Am I stuck doing an ActiveX control?

Yes, I know that downloading code and executing on the client machine is
a security risk.  This will be for the employee's computers to connect.
  This will not be a publicly available web page.

I have read some about AJAX.  Is there an APAX coming for Python?
0
pwatson2903 (133)

Paul Watson wrote:

> I have read some about AJAX.  Is there an APAX coming for Python?

Not until browsers have embedded Python interpreters. There's been talk
about doing this in Mozilla, but I don't think the talk has turned into
usable code, yet.

--
Robert Kern
robert.kern@gmail.com

  -- Richard Harter

0
robert.kern (1692)
11/18/2005 7:24:59 PM
AJAX works because browsers can execute javascript.  I don't know of a
browser that can execute python.  Basically your stuck with java or
javascript because everything else really isn't cross platform.

Steve wrote:
> AJAX works because browsers can execute javascript.  I don't know of a
> browser that can execute python.  Basically your stuck with java or
> javascript because everything else really isn't cross platform.

Well, I guess the Grail browser could run Python, but I do not think I
can go there.

I need READ access to the users local disk storage.  Can I do this in
Javascript, or should I bite the bullet and turn to ActiveX?
0
pwatson2903 (133)
11/18/2005 7:57:08 PM
You universally won't be able to do that with javascript, only with and
extension on firefox.  ActiveX will limit you to windows only with ie.
Which isn't bad you still get a 80% market share.

In message <1132342910.799932.58720@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>, Steve
<steve.morin@gmail.com> writes
>AJAX works because browsers can execute javascript.  I don't know of a
>browser that can execute python.  Basically your stuck with java or
>javascript because everything else really isn't cross platform.

ActiveState do a version of Python that can run in a script tag like
JavaScript and VBScript. This requires Windows Scripting Host. They also
do a similar thing for Perl, not sure about TCL.

The syntax is along the lines of

<SCRIPT language="PythonScript">
Python goes here
</SCRIPT>

I remember reading this about PerlScript and I'm pretty sure I'm correct
in remembering there is a PythonScript. Anyway you are limited to
ActiveState and Windows Scripting Host.

For pragmatic reasons I think you would be better concentrating on
JavaScript for the Client and your language of choice
Python/Ruby/Lua/whatever for the server part of AJAX.

Stephen
--
Stephen Kellett
Object Media Limited    http://www.objmedia.demon.co.uk/software.html
On 11/18/05, Paul Watson <pwatson@redlinepy.com> wrote:
> Steve wrote:
> > AJAX works because browsers can execute javascript.  I don't know of a
> > browser that can execute python.  Basically your stuck with java or
> > javascript because everything else really isn't cross platform.
>
> Well, I guess the Grail browser could run Python, but I do not think I
> can go there.
>
> I need READ access to the users local disk storage.  Can I do this in
> Javascript, or should I bite the bullet and turn to ActiveX?

This can only be done with scripts by disabling or bypassing browser
security restrictions. It can't even be done by zone in IE, only
globally, and I don't know if you can do it at all in Mozilla based
browsers.

A signed activex control or Java Applet (that registers for the
appropriate sandbox permissions) will work.

Overall, it's probably simplest not to do any of these and simply
write a standard application that you have users download and run.
This is the safest and most straightforward solution, and honestly
what you save in configuration managment when people call you
wondering why it doesn't work is probably worth the extra effort it
takes them to actually run your application.

> --

arkanes (548)
11/18/2005 11:24:07 PM
Steve wrote:
> AJAX works because browsers can execute javascript.  I don't know of a
> browser that can execute python.  Basically your stuck with java or
> javascript because everything else really isn't cross platform

Don't jump to conclusions...
http://dwahler.ky/python/

If you really, really want Python in a browser, it's certainly
possible. :)

-- David

0
dwahler (89)
11/19/2005 12:17:36 PM
Stephen Kellett wrote:
> In message <1132342910.799932.58720@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>, Steve
> <steve.morin@gmail.com> writes
>
>> AJAX works because browsers can execute javascript.  I don't know of a
>> browser that can execute python.  Basically your stuck with java or
>> javascript because everything else really isn't cross platform.
>

> ActiveState do a version of Python that can run in a script tag like
> JavaScript and VBScript. This requires Windows Scripting Host. They also
> do a similar thing for Perl, not sure about TCL.

See
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.python/msg/2d34acee66b40830

Kent
0
kent37 (286)
11/20/2005 12:18:00 PM
David Wahler wrote:
> Steve wrote:
>
>>AJAX works because browsers can execute javascript.  I don't know of a
>>browser that can execute python.  Basically your stuck with java or
>>javascript because everything else really isn't cross platform
>

> Don't jump to conclusions...
> http://dwahler.ky/python/
>
> If you really, really want Python in a browser, it's certainly
> possible. :)
>
> -- David

well in firefox 1.07 I seem to be getting

Error: unmarshal is not defined
Source File: http://dwahler.ky/python/
Line: 133

--
Robin Becker
0
Paul Watson <pwatson@redlinepy.com> writes:

> What are the options?
>
> The user to hits a web page, downloads code (Python I hope), execute it,
> and be able to return the results.  It needs to be able to go through
> standard HTTP so that it could be run from behind a corporate firewall
> without any other ports being opened.
>
> Am I stuck doing an ActiveX control?
[...]

If you just need to talk on port 80, just go ahead and do that (module
socket, module httplib, module urllib2, urllib.getproxies, etc), and
write a normal desktop application.

If it must run in a browser, here is some food for thought:

Compile Python to JavaScript -- very cool

http://www.aminus.org/blogs/index.php/phunt/2005/10/06/subway_s_new_ajax_framework

http://www.aminus.org/blogs/index.php/phunt/2005/10/09/psst_crackajax_is_in_svn

Plain old AJAX with Python on server side

https://sourceforge.net/projects/json-py/

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=ajax+python&btnG=Search (um, ignore the 1st result)

Write Java applets in Python

http://www.jython.org/

Flash 'local storage'

http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/help02.html

Sort-of AJAX-for-Flash stuff

http://www.cs.unc.edu/~parente/tech/tr04.shtml
http://www.simonf.com/flap/

Flash itself (boo;-)

http://www.macromedia.com/

XUL and PyXPCOM (Firefox only)

http://www.xulplanet.com/

http://trac.nunatak.com.au/projects/nufox

Firefox future capabilities in this direction (probably most of this
is relevant)

http://www.mozilla.org/roadmap/gecko-1.9-roadmap.html

http://weblogs.mozillazine.org/roadmap/archives/2005_09.html

John

0
jjl (1300)
11/20/2005 9:54:37 PM
Kent Johnson wrote:
> Stephen Kellett wrote:
>
>> In message <1132342910.799932.58720@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
>> Steve <steve.morin@gmail.com> writes
>>
>>> AJAX works because browsers can execute javascript.  I don't know of a
>>> browser that can execute python.  Basically your stuck with java or
>>> javascript because everything else really isn't cross platform.
>>

>> ActiveState do a version of Python that can run in a script tag like
>> JavaScript and VBScript. This requires Windows Scripting Host. They
>> also do a similar thing for Perl, not sure about TCL.
>

> See
> http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.python/msg/2d34acee66b40830
>
> Kent

Please correct my misunderstanding if I am wrong, but I thought that
this runs server-side only and requires Microsoft IIS as the httpd
server.  Is that correct?
0
pwatson2903 (133)
11/21/2005 3:03:43 AM
David Wahler wrote:
> Steve wrote:
>
>>AJAX works because browsers can execute javascript.  I don't know of a
>>browser that can execute python.  Basically your stuck with java or
>>javascript because everything else really isn't cross platform
>

> Don't jump to conclusions...
> http://dwahler.ky/python/
>
> If you really, really want Python in a browser, it's certainly
> possible. :)
>
> -- David

This looks interesting, but looks even more fragile than CrackAJAX.

http://www.aminus.org/blogs/index.php/phunt/2005/10/06/subway_s_new_ajax_framework

All of this comes down to Javascript which will still not allow me to
read local, client files.  Right?
0
pwatson2903 (133)
11/21/2005 3:08:01 AM
Paul Watson wrote:
> Kent Johnson wrote:
>> Stephen Kellett wrote:
>>> ActiveState do a version of Python that can run in a script tag like
>>> JavaScript and VBScript. This requires Windows Scripting Host. They
>>> also do a similar thing for Perl, not sure about TCL.
>>
>> See
>> http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.python/msg/2d34acee66b40830
>
> Please correct my misunderstanding if I am wrong, but I thought that
> this runs server-side only and requires Microsoft IIS as the httpd
> server.  Is that correct?

I haven't tried it but the referenced article seems to be about including Python in a web page to be run in-browser by IE.

Kent
0
kent37 (286)
11/21/2005 3:18:11 AM
John J. Lee wrote:
> Paul Watson <pwatson@redlinepy.com> writes:
>

>>What are the options?
>>
>>The user to hits a web page, downloads code (Python I hope), execute it,
>>and be able to return the results.  It needs to be able to go through
>>standard HTTP so that it could be run from behind a corporate firewall
>>without any other ports being opened.
>>
>>Am I stuck doing an ActiveX control?
>
> [...]
>
> If you just need to talk on port 80, just go ahead and do that (module
> socket, module httplib, module urllib2, urllib.getproxies, etc), and
> write a normal desktop application.
>

> If it must run in a browser, here is some food for thought:
>

> Compile Python to JavaScript -- very cool
>
> http://www.aminus.org/blogs/index.php/phunt/2005/10/06/subway_s_new_ajax_framework
>
> http://www.aminus.org/blogs/index.php/phunt/2005/10/09/psst_crackajax_is_in_svn
>

> Plain old AJAX with Python on server side
>
> https://sourceforge.net/projects/json-py/
>
> http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=ajax+python&btnG=Search (um, ignore the 1st result)
>

> Write Java applets in Python
>
> http://www.jython.org/
>

> Flash 'local storage'
>
> http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/help02.html
>
> Sort-of AJAX-for-Flash stuff
>
> http://www.cs.unc.edu/~parente/tech/tr04.shtml
> http://www.simonf.com/flap/
>
> Flash itself (boo;-)
>
> http://www.macromedia.com/
>

> XUL and PyXPCOM (Firefox only)
>
> http://www.xulplanet.com/
>
> http://trac.nunatak.com.au/projects/nufox
>

> Firefox future capabilities in this direction (probably most of this
> is relevant)
>
> http://www.mozilla.org/roadmap/gecko-1.9-roadmap.html
>
> http://weblogs.mozillazine.org/roadmap/archives/2005_09.html
>

> John

I appreciate your long list of references.  For this task, I think the
first answer may have to be the one with which to go.  A standard
application that talks through port 80 and perhaps can use proxies.

My desire to have the code distributed through a web page is just to
ensure that the user is running the correct version and has not hacked
it in any way.  I suppose I can checksum the local client application
and compare it with what is on the server.  Then, make a way to
update... ARGH!

Even when future browsers embed Python interpreters, the security
considerations may be such that no one will want to accept code which
can do much locally anyway.  Probably the right thing for the public
Internet,  Makes it harder to develop internal system management tools.
0
pwatson2903 (133)
11/21/2005 3:19:18 AM
Paul Watson wrote:
>> -- David
>

> This looks interesting, but looks even more fragile than CrackAJAX.
>
> http://www.aminus.org/blogs/index.php/phunt/2005/10/06/subway_s_new_ajax_framework
>

> All of this comes down to Javascript which will still not allow me to
> read local, client files.  Right?

I think reading files is easy; just get the client browser to submit a
form with the file as an upload. Hard part is getting the path(s) right.
--
Robin Becker
0
Robin Becker wrote:
> Paul Watson wrote:
>
>>> -- David
>>

>> This looks interesting, but looks even more fragile than CrackAJAX.
>>
>> http://www.aminus.org/blogs/index.php/phunt/2005/10/06/subway_s_new_ajax_framework
>>

>> All of this comes down to Javascript which will still not allow me to
>> read local, client files.  Right?
>

> I think reading files is easy; just get the client browser to submit a
> form with the file as an upload. Hard part is getting the path(s) right.

I need to walk the directory tree to find which files are of interest.
It sounds like a client application (not browser) will be required.
0
pwatson2903 (133)
11/21/2005 2:41:54 PM
Paul Watson wrote:
> John J. Lee wrote:
[snip..]
> I appreciate your long list of references.  For this task, I think the
> first answer may have to be the one with which to go.  A standard
> application that talks through port 80 and perhaps can use proxies.
>
> My desire to have the code distributed through a web page is just to
> ensure that the user is running the correct version and has not hacked
> it in any way.  I suppose I can checksum the local client application
> and compare it with what is on the server.  Then, make a way to
> update... ARGH!

If you can run it as a client application (i.e. not through the browser
but still across the internet) - then this all seems quite easy to
achieve. It also allows you to access the local filesystem without
dropping out of Python or using ActiveX objects.

If you know the version of Python the machines are using (or create a
loader program using py2exe) then you only need dsitribute the 'pyc'
bytecode files. (Making it *much* harder to hack for the average user).

I don't know if anyone has released an 'auto-update' framework for
applications, but it would be a nice project. I guess each time it's
needed the requirements will be slightly different though - but there
are a lot of general principles.

All the best,

Fuzzyman

fuzzyman (944)
11/21/2005 3:10:57 PM
Paul Watson wrote:
> My desire to have the code distributed through a web page is just to
> ensure that the user is running the correct version and has not hacked
> it in any way.  I suppose I can checksum the local client application
> and compare it with what is on the server.  Then, make a way to
> update... ARGH!

I have used Java Web Start to distribute Jython applications from a web page. There are a few glitches getting it set up but then it works well. Solves 'ensure that the user is running the correct version' nicely. Not sure if it protects against hacking.

My Jython and Web Start recipe is here:
http://personalpages.tds.net/~kent37/Python/JythonWebStart.html

Kent
0
kent37 (286)

web application call executable code to serve client req
hi all. Im would like to know if there is any web application security issue in doing this. I have this web application where the web application has a executable file that will be executed upon clients requests through the web and produce a output for the client. Would there be any issues? vincente13@gmail.com writes: > hi all. > > Im would like to know if there is any web application security issue in > doing this. > > I have this web application where the web application has a executable > file that will be executed upon clients requests through the web and >...

HPSBUX02074 SSRT051251

HPSBUX02074 SSRT051251 rev.2

Prob. Code Downloaded for Programming the Semantic Web (python code)
Hello all, I downloaded some code accompanying the book "Programming the Semant= ic Web." This question is not Semantic Web related and I doubt that one ne= eds to know anything about the Semantic Web to help me with this. It's th= e first code sample in the book, I'm embarrassed to say. I have the code s= hared here (just one file, not the majority of the book or anything): http:= //pastebin.com/e870vjYK OK, Eclipse with PyDev doesn't like this first line, with the function: def add(self, (sub, pred, obj)): It complains about the parentheses just ...

Using a python web client behind a proxy (urllib and twisted.web)
I have been trying to make a script that will download several rss feeds to my computer. The only problem I have is that I have to go through a proxy. First I tried using urllib (python 2.4, win32) but I found that the http_proxy and no_proxy code were not implemented for win32. I have made changes to urllib and urllib2 so that they use the proxy set in either the windows registry or in an environment variable. Question: How can I get this code added to the python distribution? Then I found this script: http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Cookbook/Python/Recipe/277099 which uses twisted...

how to properly pass literal strings python code to be executed using python -c
I need some help figuring out how to execute this python code from python -c I am have trouble formatting python so that it will execute for another app in cmd I understand there maybe other ways to do what I am doing but I am limited by the final execution using cmd python -c so please keep this in mind. I'm limited by the final delivery of code. The python is being called by a server that does not have access to any python script file So I have some python code ie, import os import shutil myPath =r"C:\dingdongz" for root, dirs, files in os.walk(myPath): f...

Python configuration question when python scripts are executed using Appweb as web server.
Hi All I have installed python 2.6.2 in windows xp professional machine. I have set the following environment variables -- PYTHONPATH. It points to following windows folders: python root folder, the lib folder and lib-tk folder. I have configured IIS to execute python scripts. I do not have any issues executing python scripts from the python interpreter window or from the browser using IIS as the web server. However, when I use the open source Appweb web browser to execute python scripts. It is able to execute only simple script without issues. For example, hello.py executes fine. hello.py...

executing python code
Some time ago I asked about executing a python program or script. For windows, I was informed that the .py extension could be added to some list of executable extensions, and then I could just type "mycode" instead of "python mycode.py". Great advice, worked like a charm. I recently jumped ship, and have been running Gentoo Linux for about two months. Is it possible to get the same behavior on Linux? I thought it would have something to do with adding the #!/usr/bin/env python line to my code, but I'm not sure what this is supposed to do (it didnt work, that much I kno...

Executing other python code
I'm working on a game, and I'd like players to be able to define thier ships with scripts. Naturally, I don't want to give them the entire program as thier romping ground. I would like to invoke a seperate interpreter for these files, and give it a limited subset of the functions in my game. What is the best way to achieve this effect? AFAIK this can't be done with just python. You can use the C API of Python to achieve this. I don't know the details of that, but I guess you will need this (http://docs.python.org/api/api.html). Rolf Tim Rau wrote: > I'm working ...

Web based coding where to start
We have a need for code to be ran on tablets across the internet. It looks like we will have to do a proper web application rather than WIN32. I think it will be web browser talking back to an application running on the web server. I have no idea where to start. Any ideas please? Thanks Martin BTW, if someone says there is a VO library for that I will be happy Martin, Create a dotnet webservice in preferably vulcan.net :-), c# or vb.net and consume it from your tablet web front-end. Regards, Johan Nel Vulcan VIP Durban, South Africa. "Martin" ...

Web based application in python
Hi, I would like to know whether it is possible to develop web based application using Python. If yes, what are the challenges or areas I've to concentrate. How would be the performance, handling hits, scalability etc? What are the pros and cons of using python in place of JAVA or J2EE? Thank You, -Manoj- "SASKEN RATED Among THE Top 3 BEST COMPANIES TO WORK FOR IN INDIA - SURVEY 2005 conducted by the BUSINESS TODAY - Mercer - TNS India" SASKEN BUSINESS DISCLAIMER This message may contain confidential, proprietary or legally Privileged information...

web client in Python Q
Hey folks. I know approximately zero about web clients. There's a simple task I want to do. (I think it's probably simple.) And I figure a Python script ought to be just the ticket. Various web services for daily stock ticker info. For example, http://finance.google.com/finance/historical?q=NYSE:APC&output=csv and http://download.finance.yahoo.com/d/quotes.csv?s=APC&amp;f=sl1d1t1c1ohgv&amp;e=.csv Those will serve up data for the stock APC. But the problem is, a file-selection dialog pops up. I would like to have a program that would supply a file name and down...

web-based code editor
Does anyone know of a tool that is just like Scite but a web application? This is the closest thing I've found: http://www.april-child.com/amy/amy.php I'm not looking to deploy apps online like what you do with Heroku, but just write and test simple programs and have easy access to them from the web. Thanks! -- Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com/. I was not aware of amy. It really looks incredibly well done ! (so close to TextMate, I'm not =20= sure the macromates guys are so happy about it...). It's a full feature editor, in a browser with collaboration support. ...

displaying execution of Python code
I'll start my question by describing my desired result. I will construct a GUI which will be used to open a Python script. I would then like to be able to display the Python script, execute it, and highlight the lines of the Python as they are executing. More technically, I am looking for direction on where to start looking in the Python libraries for a functionality that will allow me to execute arbitrary Python code from within a Python application. Additionally, I need to be able to have the ability to get information and perform actions (e.g. line number currently executing) as the co...

Execute C code through Python
What's the easiest and quickest way to execute a compiled C "command line interface" program THROUGH Python? Ernesto wrote: > What's the easiest and quickest way to execute a compiled C "command > line interface" program THROUGH Python? I don't know what you mean by THROUGH. But the subprocess, popen2 and os-modules deal with calling other programs. Try them in that order. Diez import subprocess subprocess.call("cmd") Thanks. Can anyone provide an example of using *subprocess* to run helloWorld.C through the python interpreter. "E...

AIM client code for Python?
I'd like to write an AIM bot in Python. I found and tried <http://www.jamwt.com/Py-TOC/>, but it doesn't work for me: Connecting... Traceback (most recent call last): File "aimbot-1.py", line 17, in <module> bot.go() File "/Users/jstrout/Documents/Python-Dev/AIMbot/toc.py", line 62, in go self.process_loop() File "/Users/jstrout/Documents/Python-Dev/AIMbot/toc.py", line 156, in process_loop event = self.recv_event() File "/Users/jstrout/Documents/Python-Dev/AIMbot/toc.py", line 230, in recv_event ...

execute python code from db
Hello, Anybody knows if it's possible to execute python code from an db. db=MySQLdb.connect(host="localhost",user="r",passwd="j",db="v") c=db.cursor() c.execute("""SELECT * FROM table WHERE id = %s""", (id,)) for python_code in c.fetchall(): execute (python_code) Maybe feed python with stdin??. robert. robert wrote: >Hello, > >Anybody knows if it's possible to execute python code from an db. > >db=MySQLdb.connect(host="localhost",user="r",passwd="j"...

inheriting a large python code base

Building Python Based Web Application
Hello All, I am interested in setting up a modest invoicing system for some consulting I am doing. I like the idea of managing this on the web and creating invoices and printing them from a browser. However, I'm not really sure where to start. I've played with some CMS applications, but they seem more for blogging (mamba, wordpress, etc.). Ideally, I would like to interface with mySQL (or whatever the favorite web-flavor database app is these days). I would like to be able to use my python skills. I confident that if I set out to write this from scatch, I will be seriously re...

Web-based telnet client servlet?
Has anyone made a servlet which serves a telnet or ssh terminal window, and which makes its telnet/ssh connection from the server it is running on to that same server? Basically, I want to duplicate the functionality of a traditional java telnet client applet, but add the ability to use it from behind a firewall. To those who would tell me to write one myself, I leave you with this quote: "...you can fix it yourself. Which is rather like going to a restaurant for a date, being served terrible food, and then being told by the waiter where to find the kitchen. But you didn't come out...

Developing web based VoIP client
My customer want me to develop voip client, included in his online web application. Does anyone has some experience with that and can help show me correct route to google - maybe java or flash? Javascript would be the best way but i think its to much to wish. filip.gorny@devell.pl wrote: > My customer want me to develop voip client, included in his online web > application. > Does anyone has some experience with that and can help show me correct > route to google - maybe java or flash? Javascript would be the best > way but i think its to much to wish. Why are you ...

web based file manager in python
Hi, I didn't suceed in finding any kind of standard web based file manager, written in Python. There are quite a lot for PHP (the nicest I found is phpXplorer: http://www.phpxplorer.org) , but I'd rather use Python. I don't mind installing one of the millions webframeworks for this (well, except for Zope) :) I know, it's not hard to write your own... I am just trying not re-inventing the wheel this time :) Any hints?=20 Thanks! --=20 Ksenia "The Great 'Ksenia Marasanova' uttered these words" on 4/25/2005 1:04 PM: > Hi, > > I didn't suceed in finding any kind of standard web based file > manager, written in Python. There are quite a lot for PHP (the nicest > Any hints? > > Thanks! Ksenia - I recently came across this python web-based FM: http://snakelets.sourceforge.net/filemgr/index.html It is by Irmen De Jong, the author of Snakelets. Thanks, -Kartic > Ksenia - I recently came across this python web-based FM: >=20 > http://snakelets.sourceforge.net/filemgr/index.html >=20 > It is by Irmen De Jong, the author of Snakelets. >=20 Looks good! Thank you very much :) --=20 Ksenia ...

web based email client that works?
I have been looking and trying various web based email clients that will work with yahoo email. Yahoo requires pre pop authorization before you can retrieve your email. All the ones I have tried dont implement this right or dont have it. I can read but cannot send email. Does anyone know for a fact that there is a real working email client that works in a browser that can perform pop authorization and can run in PHP? anagai@verizon.net writes: > I have been looking and trying various web based email clients that > will work with yahoo email. Yahoo requires pre pop authorization before...

Code a web service with python/postgis
Dear all, I would like code a web service with python. I have already imported several vector data (land cover) and one Digital Elevation Model (raster layer) into my postgresql/postgis database (server side). I succeed in connecting to my pg db via psycopg2. Client side, operators use a client application (Developed with PHP / javascript / openlayers). Objectives : Client side, once the layer would be selected,and once the operators have clicked on the map , they would like that usefull informations appear on the interface of the client application(kind of land co...

Web resources about - Web-based client code execution - comp.lang.python

Web-based VoIP - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Web-based VoIP is based on the concept of click to talk , which is a form of Web-based communication in which a person clicks an object (i.e. ...

Facebook’s Partner Categories Enable Brands To Target Ads To Users Based On Activity Across Web
... which allow brands on the social network to show ads to users based not only on their Facebook activity, but their activity across the Web, ...

Arduino MK802 Based Mobile Web Server Robotic Platform Controlled via javascript with node.js - YouTube ...
Based on Arduino and ARM MK802 Mini PC with Ubuntu Linux, Apache server, node.js, and Firmata. The robotic platform is controlled entirely via ...

Guide: How to analyse your website's performance - web services, web design, Web-based Applications ...
Building a websitewhether you're selling products or creating a blog or another information-based sitehas always presented a challenge. You have ...

China busts major web-based baby-trafficking rings, rescues 382 infants
... Chinese police have rescued 382 abducted babies and arrested 1094 suspects in a national operation that busted four major internet-based baby ...

How To Use The New Web-Based Android Market
Browsing the Android Market has never been the most pleasurable experience — even if you’re sitting in front of a computer, you’re force...

Google to charge small firms for web-based apps software
Google Inc will no longer offer its web-based office productivity software free to small businesses, in latest move to expand revenue.

National Library unveils web-based treasure Trove
Australia's history is now online after the National Library in Canberra's unveiling of a web-based service holding more than 90 million items ...

Web-based petitioning system key to reforms
Web-based petitioning system key to reforms Chinadaily USA Li Gao, also a deputy director of the bureau, said a substantial number of petitions ...

Web-based petitioning system key to reforms
Web-based petitioning system key to reforms ecns Li Gao, also a deputy director of the bureau, said a substantial number of petitions are related ...