Who is using python-ldap with Python 1.5.x and 2.0-2.2?

HI!

I'd like to hear from the Python community whether support for Python
version prior to 2.3 is still needed in python-ldap. Please tell me
which Python version you're using and why it'd be important for you to
have python-ldap updates still supporting it.

BTW: Actually older Python versions are not tested with recent
python-ldap since at least two years. But I'd like to clearly decide on
that.

Ciao, Michael.
0
michael198 (253)

-On [20080616 15:55], Michael Ströder (michael@stroeder.com) wrote:
>I'd like to hear from the Python community whether support for Python
>version prior to 2.3 is still needed in python-ldap. Please tell me
>which Python version you're using and why it'd be important for you to
>have python-ldap updates still supporting it.

Not that I use python-ldap at work, but our lowest Python version is 2.3 and
we're working towards making 2.5 the default.

Hopefully that helps you for versions used. :)

イェルーン ラウフロック ヴァン デル ウェルヴェン
But the time has come when all good things shall pass...
0
asmodai (119)
6/16/2008 2:05:01 PM
Michael Ströder wrote:

> Please tell me
> which Python version you're using

We do have one venerable machine here at work using python2.2 with
python-ldap2.0.0pre04. As you can see, we haven't bothered to update either
in quite a while ;-)

> and why it'd be important for you to
> have python-ldap updates still supporting it.

For us, it is not important. Should we want or need to update python-ldap on
that one machine, we'll update python along with it (and vice versa.)

Thank you,
Jeffrey

0
jeffrey1 (164)

How to crash Python in 1 easy step (python 2.2.2)
I'm not sure if this is a python bug or a bug in an associated library, and I'm not even sure how to correctly report it, but here is Anytime python is accepting keyboard input, whether it's with raw_input, or sitting on the command line waiting for the user to type code, you can crash python by holding ctrl+shift and then pressing enter. This is on a RedHat 9.0 system running on an Athlon 600. Basically everything about the system is standard except for what's been updated by RedHat itself. If anyone who has the time and ability to track down this bug needs more information, please email me. Paul Miller wrote: > I'm not sure if this is a python bug or a bug in an associated > library, and I'm not even sure how to correctly report it, but here is > Anytime python is accepting keyboard input, whether it's with > raw_input, or sitting on the command line waiting for the user to type > code, you can crash python by holding ctrl+shift and then pressing > enter. > > This is on a RedHat 9.0 system running on an Athlon 600. Basically > everything about the system is standard except for what's been updated > by RedHat itself. If anyone who has the time and ability to track > down this bug needs more information, please email me. I doubt it is a problem in Python, it works nicely on both my windows and my linux machines (python 2.2.3). Just a gut feeling: reinstall/upgrade your readline library..... --Irme...

Movable Python 1.0.0 for Python 2.3 & 2.4
It's finally happened, `Movable Python <http://www.voidspace.org.uk/python/movpy/>`_ is finally released. Versions for Python 2.3 & 2.4 are available from `The Movable Python Shop <http://voidspace.tradebit.com/groups.php>`_. The cost is =A35 per distribution, payment by PayPal. =A31 from every distribution goes to support the development of `SPE <http://pythonide.stani.be/>`_, the Python IDE. This gives you free support (via the `Movable Python Mailing List <http://groups.google.com/group/movpy>`_), and access to updates, for a year. There is a minor issue ...

AIX + GCC 2.95.3 - Python (2.1 or 2.2) - building the shared library (.so) for python
Hi all, (If I use standard -shared linking, during the _import python is crashing.) As seen in in AIX-NOTES there should be used ld_so_aix. But I suspect that it was prepared for standard xlC (CC) compiler. How to make it running for GCC compiler? Now I receive following error: gcc -Wl,-einitlib.a -Wl,-bE:lib.a.exp -Wl,-bI:./python.exp -Wl,-bhalt:4 -Wl,-bM: SRE -Wl,-T512 -Wl,-H512 -lm -o lib.a. -shared -Wl,-bbigtoc -L../../../../lib/pow erpc_aix_4.3_gcc -L/users/tbech/ND/Python/usr/local/lib/python2.1/config python. exp y.tab.o lex.yy.o idlerr.o idlutil.o idltype.o idlrepoId.o idlscope.o idlexpr ..o idlast.o idlvalidate.o idldump.o idlconfig.o idlfixed.o idlpython.o ld: 0711-418 ERROR: Import or export file lib.a.exp at line 10: A symbol name may only be followed by an export attribute or an address. The line is being ignored. When I remove this line 10 from lib.a.exp it is telling that several Py* functions are not exported and that entry point initlib.a not found. Additional questions: 1. Why is such nonuderstandable-ultimate-tricky solution prepared for AIX? 2. Does it work only for xlC (CC) or also for GCC? If, how to do it? 3. What is the entry point function? How I can find it in the sources? 4. Seems that makexp_aix wrongly makes exports :( Thanks in advance, Tom hab <hab@polbox.com> writes: > (If I use standard -shared linking, during the _import python is crashing.) > As seen in in AIX-NOTES there should be used ld_so_aix...

Python Imaging Library 1.x
--_004_F8C7AF3C31F7E445B8E8B673DCBC98C66C505A9B0AMACEXM02EAXOM_ Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="_000_F8C7AF3C31F7E445B8E8B673DCBC98C66C505A9B0AMACEXM02EAXOM_" --_000_F8C7AF3C31F7E445B8E8B673DCBC98C66C505A9B0AMACEXM02EAXOM_ Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Dear Team, I am working as a software analyst at ExxonMobil. I received a software req= uest for Python Imaging Library 1.x and the user needs a 64bit setup file f= or Python 2.7.2. Can I download it somewhere? Thanks in advance. ...

x^(3/2)+x^(5/2) = (x+x^2)*x^(1/2)
Is there a simple way to get Maple to convert x^(3/2) + x^(5/2) to (x+x^2)*x^(1/2). I am willing to assume(x>0). Maple does recognize these as being equal: > p:=x^(3/2)+x^(5/2): > q:=(x+x^2)*sqrt(x): > simplify(p-q); 0 Here's a clumsy way to do it: > p:=x^(3/2)+x^(5/2): > assume(t>0): > subs(x=t^2,p); > simplify(%,{t^2=x}); > collect(%,t); Is there something simpler? (This has undoubtedly come up before, but I cannot find it anywhere.) --Edwin If you do not insist upon your incomplete factoriz...

PHP 5.2.0 and Python 2.5
Hi Guys, I need some wisdom from you. Is it possible to have PHP pages posting to python scripts on the server side and returning values back to the calling PHP files? Like, if my enterval.php form's action=" think.py", would the two scripts be able to talk to each other? Thanks and Best Regards, "Shortash" Shortash wrote: > Hi Guys, > > I need some wisdom from you. Is it possible to have PHP pages posting > to python scripts on the server side and returning values back to the > calling PHP files? Like, if my enterval.php form's action=" t...

Importing Python 2.3 datetime lib into Python 2.2
Hi, Need some advice on adding datetime functionality into Python 2.2 Windows. Is it worth me trying to get the 2.3 datetime(pyd) file working. I don't think it is. Can someone recommend "Datetime" src which I can use. thanks Miles. milesd@chocksaway.com wrote: > Hi, > > Need some advice on adding datetime functionality into Python 2.2 > Windows. Is it worth me trying to get the 2.3 datetime(pyd) file > working. I don't think it is. > Can someone recommend "Datetime" src which I can use. > > thanks > > Miles. > A lot of ...

LaTex equation numbering like 2.1, 2.2, also 2.0.1, 2.0,2, 2.1.1, etc
David Roach wrote: > Is there a simple command to have latex number > the equations by the section numbers automatically. > > David From the LaTeX Companion (what a wonderful book!) %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% % number equations within sections % In preamble \makeatletter \@addtoreset{equation}{section} \makeatother \renewcommand{\theequation}{\thesection.\arabic{equation}} %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% Numbers within sections...I use this all the time in articles. Even works with ******************* ******************* Brilliant. And then I got numbering within subsections by repeating and editing (not replacing), so I now have:- (Just after the documentClass command) \makeatletter \@addtoreset{equation}{section} \makeatother \renewcommand{\theequation}{\thesection.\arabic{equation}} \makeatletter \@addtoreset{equation}{subsection} \makeatother \renewcommand{\theequation}{\thesubsection.\arabic{equation}} Bob Bob Marlow schrieb: > David Roach wrote: > >> Is there a simple command to have latex number >> the equations by the section numbers automatically. >> >> David > > From the LaTeX Companion (what a wonderful book!) > > %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% > > % number equations within sections > % In preamble > > \makeatletter > \@addtoreset{equation}{section} > \makeatother > \renewcommand{\theequation}{\thesection.\arabic{equation}} > > %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% [more code] > Hi! I th...

how to "(1-3*x^2)/(1-3*x+x^2+2*x^3) => 1/(1-2*x) + x/(1-x-x^2)"?
hi normal(1/(1-2*x) + x/ (1-x-x^2),expanded); 1/(1-2*x) + x/(1-x-x^2) => (1-3*x^2)/(1-3*x+x^2+2*x^3) how to do the reverse? dillogimp@gmail.com writes: > normal(1/(1-2*x) + x/ (1-x-x^2),expanded); > 1/(1-2*x) + x/(1-x-x^2) => (1-3*x^2)/(1-3*x+x^2+2*x^3) > how to do the reverse? convert(%,parfrac,x); -- Joe Riel ...

PB with Python ActiveX Scripting Engine registration (Python 2.2.3/2.3)
I execute the Python program win32com\axscript\client\pyscript_rexec.py and the engine is successfully registered But the python engine isn't active in IE (tested with demo.htm, even after a reboot) I did not have probleme with Python 2.1 and win32all-151 The path of win32com have changed ( now in python 2.2 we have the directory "site-packages" in more) is-it a way??? Thanks for your help PS/ Same probleme with W2K and XP GE wrote: > I execute the Python program win32com\axscript\client\pyscript_rexec.py and > the engine is successfully registered But the python ...

wxPython 2.4.2.4 segmentation fault on (Python 2.2.2 SuSE 8.2)
Hi everything runs normally but exiting demo.py or any app we get Segmentation Fault wxPython was built from sources (as per readme.1st.txt) as latest downloaded from wxPython site while building wxGTK several errors reported as could not read from makefile.in files please assist Sanjay Minni Note that we used GTK1 i.e. compiled without the GTK2 option on SuSE 8.2 Thanks Sanjay Minni ...

python 2.2
hi, i have recently downloaded python 2.2. i have tried a few online tutorials and i feel that i am not learning the language, the only thing i can do at this moment is >>>print "..." does anyone know a really good understandable tutorial? thanx, willie clement Hi, from your message I cannot see what's the problem with the tutorials you tried, nor what was the problem about them. If the ones you tried were to simple, I recommend to have a look at "Dive into Python" http://www.diveintopython.org/ IMHO it shows some of Python's strengths quite nicely. ...

[RELEASED] Second release candidates for Python 2.6.8, 2.7.3, 3.1.5, and 3.2.3
We're chuffed to announce the immediate availability of the second release candidates for Python 2.6.8, 2.7.3, 3.1.5, and 3.2.3. The only change from the first release candidates is the patching of an additional security hole. The security issue fixed in the second release candidates is in the expat XML parsing library. expat had the same hash security issue detailed below as Python's core types. The hashing algorithm used in the expat library is now randomized. A more thorough explanation of the "hash attack" security hole follows. The main impetus for these releases is fi...

[RELEASED] Second release candidates for Python 2.6.8, 2.7.3, 3.1.5, and 3.2.3
We're chuffed to announce the immediate availability of the second release candidates for Python 2.6.8, 2.7.3, 3.1.5, and 3.2.3. The only change from the first release candidates is the patching of an additional security hole. The security issue fixed in the second release candidates is in the expat XML parsing library. expat had the same hash security issue detailed below as Python's core types. The hashing algorithm used in the expat library is now randomized. A more thorough explanation of the "hash attack" security hole follows. The main impetus for these releases is fixing a security issue in Python's hash based types, dict and set, as described below. Python 2.7.3 and 3.2.3 include the security patch and the normal set of bug fixes. Since Python 2.6 and 3.1 are maintained only for security issues, 2.6.8 and 3.1.5 contain only various security patches. The security issue exploits Python's dict and set implementations. Carefully crafted input can lead to extremely long computation times and denials of service. [1] Python dict and set types use hash tables to provide amortized constant time operations. Hash tables require a well-distributed hash function to spread data evenly across the hash table. The security issue is that an attacker could compute thousands of keys with colliding hashes; this causes quadratic algorithmic complexity when the hash table is constructed. To alleviate the problem, the new releases add rando...

Threads with Python 2.2.2 on Red Hat 9.0
I am seeing some problems with threads on Red Hat Linux 9.0. With no LD_ASSUME_KERNEL environment variable set, a large proportion, possibly 20%, of threads do not run. They are created OK and their __init__ which includes a setDaemon(1) is successful. start() is called on the thread object and a message successfully displayed after the start() call. But no message is produced by the thread's run() method. The thread class is derived directly from threading.Thread and in its __init__ calls threading.Thread.__init__(self) before calling self.setDaemon(1). The problem can be ...

MIME encoding change in Python 2.4.3 (or 2.4.2? 2.4.1?)
I have an application that processes MIME messages. It reads a message from a file, looks for a text/html and text/plain parts in it, performs some processing on these parts, and outputs the new message. Ever since I recently upgraded my Python to 2.4.3, the output messages started to come out garbled, as a block of junk characters. I traced the problem back to a few lines that were removed from the email package: The new Python no longer encodes the payload when converting the MIME message to a string. Since my program must work on several computers, each having a different version of Pyth...

Printing 2^1, 2^2, 2^3, 2^4 and 2^5
Hi, When I use a while loop, the output is: 2 4 8 16 32, as desired: <?php $c=1; while($c<=5) { $d = newpow(2, $c); print "$d "; $c++; } function newpow($base, $power) { // statements... } ?> The But when I use a for loop, the output is: 64: <?php for($c=1; $c<=5; $c++); { $d = newpow(2, $c); print "$d "; } function newpow($base, $power) { // statements... } ?> Why is this?? Many thanks, Michael mejpark wrote: > When I use a while loop, the output is: 2 4 8 16 32, as desired: [...] > The But when I use a for loop, the output is: 64...

Updated Cygwin Package: python-2.5.2-1
New News: === ==== I have updated the version of Python to 2.5.2-1. The tarballs should be available on a Cygwin mirror near you shortly. The following are the only notable changes since the previous release: o upgrade to Python 2.5.2 o include pre-built sqlite3 module o include patches for the following issues: - http://bugs.python.org/issue2233 - http://bugs.python.org/issue2234 Old News: === ==== Python is an interpreted, interactive, object-oriented programming language. If interested, see the Python web site for more details: http://www.python.org/ Please read the README file: /usr/share/doc/Cygwin/python-2.5.2.README since it covers requirements, installation, known issues, etc. Standard News: ======== ==== To update your installation, click on the "Install Cygwin now" link on the http://cygwin.com/ web page. This downloads setup.exe to your system. Then, run setup and answer all of the questions. If you have questions or comments, please send them to the Cygwin mailing list at: cygwin@cygwin.com . *** CYGWIN-ANNOUNCE UNSUBSCRIBE INFO *** If you want to unsubscribe from the cygwin-announce mailing list, look at the "List-Unsubscribe: " tag in the email header of this message. Send email to the address specified there. ...

Linux, Python 2.5.2, serverless binding LDAP?
Hi, I recently asked our IT department how to gain access to an addressbook. After carefully explaining that I was on a Linux system using Python, I got the reply: "You should use our LDAP. With LDAP you can pull any data you want from Active Directory. On our network, the serverless binding address for our LDAP is ldap://dc=...,dc=...,dc=...,dc=..." with the actual "..." filled in. I don't know squat about LDAP, but installed the python-ldap deb, and started glancing at the documentation on-line. I didn't see anything obvious for working with the URI above. Can I work w/ it? If so, a short example, please? Thanx. On Nov 13, 10:47=A0am, Kevin Cole <dc.l...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > > I recently asked our IT department how to gain access to an > addressbook. =A0After carefully explaining that I was on a Linux system > using Python, I got the reply: > > "You should use our LDAP. With LDAP you can pull any data you want > from Active Directory. On our network, the serverless binding address > for our LDAP is ldap://dc=3D...,dc=3D...,dc=3D...,dc=3D..." > > with the actual "..." filled in. > > I don't know squat about LDAP, but installed the python-ldap deb, and > started glancing at the documentation on-line. I didn't see anything > obvious for working with the URI above. =A0Can I work w/ it? =A0If so, a > short example, please? > > Thanx. http://www.pyth...

Pickle compatibility between Python 2.7 and python 3.2

Assume X; Y and Z are jointly Gaussian mean-zero random variables with the (joint) variance given by K := Var(X; Y;Z) =[2 1 0;1 2 1;0 1 2 ]
Assume X; Y and Z are jointly Gaussian mean-zero random variables with the (joint) variance given by K := Var(X; Y;Z) =[2 1 0;1 2 1;0 1 2 ] (a) Determine the distribution of U = X + Y + Z. (b)Let W = X + Y and V = X + Y . Compute the joint distribution of W and V . after assiging the values to k matrix how can i find u "pramod kumar" <pramod.kilu@gmail.com> wrote in message news:jpbdev$hqh$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com... > Assume X; Y and Z are jointly Gaussian mean-zero random variables with the > (joint) variance given > by > K := Var(X; Y;Z) =[2 1 0;1...

Which libraries for Python 2.5.2
I'm trying to restore Python 2.5.2 on an old XP PC for a particular application from 4-5 years ago that uses it . According to the latest manual on it, the following should be installed. python-2.5.2.msi PIL-1.1.6.win32-py2.5.exe numpy-1.1.0-win32-superpack-python2.5.exe matplotlib-0.98.1.win32-py2.5.exe When I install them, and try to run the app program, Sentinel.py, some part of matplotlib complains (error msgs) and the program quits. The program begins with: from Tkinter import * from numpy import * import Image import ImageChops import ImageTk import time import binascii import ...

pygame and python 2.5 #2
@Ben Sizer Hi Ben, in January I received your message re Pygame and Python 2.5: >pygame and python 2.5 >Ben Sizer kylotan at gmail.com >Fri Jan 12 11:01:00 CET 2007 >-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- > >siggi wrote: > >> when I rtry to install pygame (pygame-1.7.1release.win32-py2.4.exe, the >> most >> ciurrent version I found) it requires Python 2.4! Will I really have to >> uninstall my Python 2.5 and install the old Python 2.4 in order to use >> pygame? > >For now, yes. This is a long-...

Integral: Exp[-(x-m)^2/(2 s^2)] x^3 (1+x^2)^-1
Hi, any suggestion to make the integral of: Exp[-(x-m)^2/(2 s^2)] x (1+x^2)^-1 Exp[-(x-m)^2/(2 s^2)] x^2 (1+x^2)^-1 Exp[-(x-m)^2/(2 s^2)] x^3 (1+x^2)^-1 between -inf and +inf (or indefinite)? Look like it is not possible, but it is too long time I do not make integrals with more advanced techinques (as going to the complex plane)... so if you have suggestions (wonderful a solution :) ).... THANKS Ale ...

Web resources about - Who is using python-ldap with Python 1.5.x and 2.0-2.2? - comp.lang.python