ZMQError: Resource temporarily unavailable

I am using zero-mq for IPC between two machines.

My zmq function is given below

    def recieve_messages(self):
             string = self.sub_socket.recv(flags=zmq.NOBLOCK)
             print('flow mod messages recieved {}'.format(string))

When I run the program however I get the following error.

      string = self.sub_socket.recv(flags=zmq.NOBLOCK)
      File "socket.pyx", line 616, in zmq.core.socket.Socket.recv (zmq/core/socket.c:5961)
      File "socket.pyx", line 650, in zmq.core.socket.Socket.recv (zmq/core/socket.c:5832)
      File "socket.pyx", line 119, in zmq.core.socket._recv_copy (zmq/core/socket.c:1669)
    ZMQError: Resource temporarily unavailable

Can someone explain what is likely causing this error.
0
karthik

karthik.sharma@gmail.com writes:

> I am using zero-mq for IPC between two machines.
>
> My zmq function is given below
>
>     def recieve_messages(self):
>              string = self.sub_socket.recv(flags=zmq.NOBLOCK)
>              print('flow mod messages recieved {}'.format(string))
>

> When I run the program however I get the following error.
>
>       string = self.sub_socket.recv(flags=zmq.NOBLOCK)
>       File "socket.pyx", line 616, in zmq.core.socket.Socket.recv (zmq/core/socket.c:5961)
>       File "socket.pyx", line 650, in zmq.core.socket.Socket.recv (zmq/core/socket.c:5832)
>       File "socket.pyx", line 119, in zmq.core.socket._recv_copy (zmq/core/socket.c:1669)
>     ZMQError: Resource temporarily unavailable
>

> Can someone explain what is likely causing this error.

The most likely cause is that you try to receive data while there
is none available. Usually, with non blocking operations, you
start them only after you know they can succeed. If the operation
is impossible, you will get an exception (and "Resource temporarily
unavailable" seems a good candidate).

0
dieter

Resource temporarily unavailable
Hi everyone From time to time i get the following error: could not fork new process for connection: Resource temporarily unavailable im using Postgres 7.4.5, with kernel 2.6.2 my conf is: max_connections = 400 and system is: www3:/etc/postgresql# ulimit -a core file size (blocks, -c) 0 data seg size (kbytes, -d) unlimited file size (blocks, -f) unlimited max locked memory (kbytes, -l) unlimited max memory size (kbytes, -m) unlimited open files (-n) 1024 pipe size (512 bytes, -p) 8 stack size ...

Resource temporarily unavailable
Hi, I am using Linux version 2.6.3-16mdk (qateam@updates.mandrakesoft.com) (gcc version 3.3.2 (Mandrake Linux 10.0 3.3.2-6mdk)) #1 Fri Aug 13 16:33:14 MDT 2004 and sometimes (usually the first time i try), I get connect: Resource temporarily unavailable when trying to make network connections. This happens (for example) if I do a ping www.bbc.co.uk - the first time it fails, then it works: [root@scoop proc]# ping www.bbc.co.uk connect: Resource temporarily unavailable [root@scoop proc]# ping www.bbc.co.uk PING www.bbc.co.uk (212.58.224.35) 56(84) bytes of data. 64 bytes from www5.thd...

Resource temporarily unavailable
Hello, My system configuration is as follows Linux 2.4.21-32.0.1.ELsmp #1 SMP Tue May 17 17:52:23 EDT 2005 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux Gcc 2.96 ACE/TAO version 5.2 My application was working finr and then from the last three days I am seeing this. I am not sure what is messed up. Is it my software or the network. AO (12689|262161) - TAO_Transport::cleanup_queue, after transfer, bc = 0, all_sent = 1, ml = 0 TAO (12689|262161) - TAO_Transport::drain_queue_helper, byte_count = 36, head_is_empty = 1 TAO (12689|262161) - TAO_Transport::drain_queue_i, helper retval = 1 TAO (1268...

Resource temporarily unavailable
I'm using 4.21c on a DSL connection. Every once in a while when I try to send a message it is returned with the following message: Delivery has failed on the enclosed message for the following reasons reported either by the mail delivery system on the mail relay host or by the local TCP/IP transport module: 334 421 Resource temporarily unavailable [user] Can anyone help me fix this? Here's more complete information from another failed message: [*] Connection established to 66.163.171.137 >> 0038 220 smtp813.mail.sc5.yahoo.com ESMTP << 0014 EHLO 0.0.0....

Socket Resource temporarily unavailable
Hi, I am the following issue - the following program accept socket and tries to read and write to the socket. the "send" - has no problem but on "read" or "recv" I get the following error - "Resource temporarily unavailable" any idea what could be the problem? if((sock = accept(listener,(struct sockaddr *)&sin,&namelen)) < 0) { if(errno == EAGAIN) return(-1); if(errno != EINTR) { cl_error("Error %d accepting connection request on port %d", err...

Resource temporarily unavailable problem.
ACE VERSION: 5.2.1 OPERATING SYSTEM and COMPILER: Linux version 2.6.10_SELP_MIPS (gcc version 3.4.3 (MontaVista Linux 3.4.3-25.0.87.custom 2006-11-24)) mips2_nfp_le-g++ 3.4.3 AREA/CLASS/EXAMPLE AFFECTED: DOES THE PROBLEM AFFECT: Naming_Service isn't running in my target. EXECUTION? No SYNOPSIS: I typed the instruction as you can see. ../Naming_Service -ORBListenEndpoints iiop://10.88.49.123:8000 After running it, system generated message as below. ACE_INET_Addr::ACE_INET_Addr: localhost: Resource temporarily unavailable notification pipe open failed: Inv...

Doing fork: Resource temporarily unavailable
Hello, I would like to use the xcscope tool inside XEmacs. I have installed Cygwin/Windowmaker and XEmacs 21.4 on W2k and it works fine . I have copied cscope.exe and cscope-indexer into the /usr/bin an dI have loaded the xcscope.el into Xemacs. Every time when I try to run cscope I get the message "Doing fork: Resource temporarily unavailable" or "Can't exec program /bin/cscope.exe". I don't understand this, because the gdb, diff and gcc/make are running inside XEmacs. Any idea? Thank you very much Klaus >>>>> "klaus" == ...

timer_create(): Resource temporarily unavailable
Hi all! I'm trying to write an app using POSIX timers. But timer_create() fails every time I call it with "Resource temporarily unavailable". I think this is a Linux problem, as it works on QNX. What could be causing this problem? I have searched through google and mailing lists but there was nothing. (I hope this is the right group for that issue.) Many Thanks! Klaus My System: Distribution: SuSE 9.2 Linux werckmeister 2.6.8-24.13-default #1 Fri Mar 18 10:19:42 UTC 2005 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux GNU C Library stable release version 2.3.3 (20040917), by Roland ...

linux pthread_cancel resource temporarily unavailable
Hi, I have a problem cancelling threads with pthread_cancel under Linux. The logic is the following: Start a few threads in a mother thread which read different device files. The thread which finnishes first will cancel all sister threads. The mother thread joins all sister threads and repeats the whole procedure. This works without problems for a while, but after some time (in which the program does not need to run) it is not possible to cancel sister threads anymore and pthread_cancel is returning "resource temporarily unavailable" when the program is run the next time...

HP-UX : Resource temporarily unavailable
Hello, I am getting this error intermittently on my HP-UX box. I am using ACE+TAO-1.2a. Here is a snippet with debug level 10. I have searched the support page and there are notes posted that this has been fixed in 1.2 beta version. Could you please confirm if the version I have does/does not have the fix. Thanks, Max.. TAO (6292|3) - TAO_Transport::drain_queue_helper, byte_count = 592, head_i s_empty = 1 TAO (6292|3) - TAO_Transport::drain_queue_i, helper retval = 1 (6292 |3) index in find <0> (6292|3) IIOP_Connector::connect - got an existing transport with i...

Error: input: Resource temporarily unavailable
I'm continually having vi die with the error: Error: input: Resource temporarily unavailable I don't do anything more than change context eg switch to another xterm temporarily, not sure if even that is necessary to cause this crash. Has anyone else seen this happen, and found a cure? I'm on 4.10, but have seen it on 4.9 too. thanks, joel In article <cfus15$3dj$1@bunyip.cc.uq.edu.au>, Joel Hatton <uqjhatto@mailbox.uq.edu.au> wrote: > > >I'm continually having vi die with the error: > >Error: input: Resource temporarily unavai...

fatal error: fork: Resource temporarily unavailable
Sometimes when I do man wget I get the following error: --- $ man wget /usr/bin/groff:fatal error: fork: Resource temporarily unavailable --- Other times I get this error: --- $ man wget Cannot fork: Resource temporarily unavailable Error executing formatting or display command. system command exited with status 512 No manual entry for wget --- I have started getting this since I started to use login.conf to limit my users, the problem is, the users arn't reaching their limits, yet they are getting this error, how is it possible that all resources are unavailable. ...

Resource temporarily unavailable launching idle under cygwin
Hello everyone. Trying to run idle from a cygwin session on Win2k (yuk, but I must) I'm getting the following error message. It seems something more Windoze-driven that Python driven, and I'm not and don't wanna be an expert on that OS. Since the group has a good mix of users in different platforms, perhaps someone can help. Python runs fine, my programs run fine, and I can edit in vim and run my code. However, would be nice to have idle available from time to time Thanks in advance!! $ idle 23367 [main] python2.4 1668 C:\cygwin\bin\python2.4.exe: *** fatal error - C:\ c...

error with system() command: Resource temporarily unavailable
Hi, We are running a C program on AIX version 4.3 and calling an exe using the system command. system(csCmd) -where csCmd = "myprog.exe parameter" This returns with errno=11 Resource temporarily unavailable the same command runs fine on the shell prompt. Max number of processes allocated to the user-id is 500 and the user-id is using 47 processes. what could be the problem ? thanks in advance Arti artpot78@yahoo.com (Arti Potnis) wrote in message news:<ece8ea46.0407060151.1efe110b@posting.google.com>... <snip> > We are running a C program on AIX version 4.3 an...

Web resources about - ZMQError: Resource temporarily unavailable - comp.lang.python

Temporarily Yours (song) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
" Temporarily Yours " is a single by American country music artist Jeanne Pruett . Released in February 1980, and was the third single from the ...

ACLU Facebook Post Deleted (Then Restored), Group Temporarily Blocked From Posting
With the amount of content posted to Facebook on a daily basis, censorship errors are unavoidable, but they become glaring when the American ...

Facebook temporarily reveals ‘returned value’ metric for ads
Some Facebook advertisers temporarily saw a new metric called “returned value” in their Ads Manager dashboard. Facebook says the metric was accidentally ...

I am unable to send links from my linkblogging tool to Twitter. This outage started at 5:45PM Eastern yesterday. The last four of my links didn't ...

The Laser Weapon System (LaWS) is temporarily installed aboard USS Dewey. - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
SAN DIEGO (July 30, 2012) The Laser Weapon System (LaWS) temporarily installed aboard the guided-missile destroyer USS Dewey (DDG 105) in San ...

Stevens Pass Operations Temporarily Suspended - YouTube
Unfortunately, Stevens Pass is suspending operations until we receive more snow. That said, we are committed to reopening if we get enough snow ...

Spotlight temporarily denied, Clive comes out punching
Attention deprivation is an affliction Clive Palmer cannot abide. Monday was, thus, shaping as a bad day for Clive.

Amazon temporarily stops Microsoft 950 XL sales in the UK and France
Following the halt of selling Lumia 950 XL in Germany, Amazon UK temporarily stopped the sales of the device in the UK and France.

Consumer confidence up, temporarily

Doomed cargo ship will temporarily make way for cruise liner
A cargo ship that has been blocking a Western Victorian port for more than a month will move aside to allow a cruise ship to dock.