File permissions after create

I'm talking about Open Object Rexx 4.1 running under Linux (ubuntu).
I was running with "umask 0037" but I don't think this is relevant.

If I use the command sequence:

  File = 'x.x'
  Call SysFileDelete file
  'touch' file

then I end up with an "x.x" with permissions -rw-r-----

If, instead, I use the sequence:

  Call sysfiledelete file
  Call stream file,'open write'
  Call stream file,'c','close'

then I end up with an "x.x" with permissions -rw-------

So, I've lost group-read (g+r) in this process.

Is this a bug? Is there an easy way around it?

Incidentally, this effect is seen whenever stream(x,'c','open'...) is
used to CREATE a file.

I'm thinking of using "touch file" in place of stream(,,open...) but I
suspect that calling a host command is slower than stream()

--
Steve Swift
http://www.swiftys.org.uk/swifty.html

On 2011-10-26 10:55, Swifty wrote:
> I'm talking about Open Object Rexx 4.1 running under Linux (ubuntu).
> I was running with "umask 0037" but I don't think this is relevant.
>
> If I use the command sequence:
>
>    File = 'x.x'
>    Call SysFileDelete file
>    'touch' file
>
> then I end up with an "x.x" with permissions -rw-r-----
>
> If, instead, I use the sequence:
>
>    Call sysfiledelete file
>    Call stream file,'open write'
>    Call stream file,'c','close'
>
> then I end up with an "x.x" with permissions -rw-------
>
> So, I've lost group-read (g+r) in this process.
>
> Is this a bug? Is there an easy way around it?
>
> Incidentally, this effect is seen whenever stream(x,'c','open'...) is
> used to CREATE a file.
>
> I'm thinking of using "touch file" in place of stream(,,open...) but I
> suspect that calling a host command is slower than stream()

Hi!

You can use the Unix utilities as below.

#!/usr/bin/rexx
signal on novalue

fn = 'kalle.txt'

utfil= .stream~New(fn)
utfil~Open('write replace')
utfil~Lineout('one line')
utfil~close
retc = SysChmod(fn, "rwxrwxr-x")

exit 0;
::requires 'rxunixsys' LIBRARY

/dg

0
danfan46 (30)
10/26/2011 1:48:06 PM
On Wed, 26 Oct 2011 15:48:06 +0200, danfan46 <danfan46@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>You can use the Unix utilities as below.
>retc = SysChmod(fn, "rwxrwxr-x")

At the moment I'm using:

   'chmod g+w "'file'"'

What strikes me as odd is that REXX should create files with a
permissions mask different from every other mechanism.

On 2011-10-26 16:07, Swifty wrote:
> On Wed, 26 Oct 2011 15:48:06 +0200, danfan46<danfan46@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> You can use the Unix utilities as below.
>> retc = SysChmod(fn, "rwxrwxr-x")
>
> At the moment I'm using:
>
>     'chmod g+w "'file'"'
>
> What strikes me as odd is that REXX should create files with a
> permissions mask different from every other mechanism.

Yes, it is odd. ooRexx should honour the current umask setting.
Perhaps we need to request an enhancement, or report it as a bug.
/dg
0
danfan46 (30)
10/26/2011 4:11:39 PM
On Wed, 26 Oct 2011 18:11:39 +0200, danfan46 <danfan46@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>Yes, it is odd. ooRexx should honour the current umask setting.

I'm almost a "umask virgin", but I know that the bits set it the umask
prevent their corresponding permission bit from being on. So if a bit
was ON in contravention of the umask, that would be a clear violation.
However, in my case, the g=r bit is off, and that's not an actual
violation of the umask, per se.

--
Steve Swift
http://www.swiftys.org.uk/swifty.html
http://www.ringers.org.uk

setting default file permissions for every file created
Hi Not sure if this is the right group for this questions, so apologies in advance. My problem is that I have a small 3 Mac network set up, and I want to have a central file server on one of the machines, so that any file created on any machine can be accessed, modified and saved without having 3 copies of it floating around. I have set up the network so all mahines can see the folder I wish to use and I have created a group with each user in it, using sharepoints, allowing the R&W permission for that folder. But as soon as I create a file (say a word doc) it is given only read only permission to the other machines...deafeating the whole point of it. I know there is a "read only" option when saving in word but I have deselected this and it does the same in Quark, photoshop and anything else I try. Does anyone have any suggestion how to get round this problem? thanks in advance regards Stewart In article <4101c478.0401270306.40c9beef@posting.google.com>, stewartmcewen@hotmail.com (Stramec) wrote: > But as soon as I create a file (say a word doc) it is given only read > only permission to the other machines...deafeating the whole point of > it. I know there is a "read only" option when saving in word but I > have deselected this and it does the same in Quark, photoshop and > anything else I try. > > Does anyone have any suggestion how to get round this problem? We were having a similar problem: workgroup files on a ...

Create a file handler to allow more permission checking on files open?
Hi, Is there a way to (with the win32 api) create a file handler which will detect when a user is attempting to open a file and then write some code to do some business rule checks and set the files permissions and then continue with the opening process? I know that I can use HTTP file handlers in .net but this is only for a web site I want this to be for all files... anyone got any ideas? Thanks, Scott <scott.pyke@midware.com.au> wrote in message news:1106012854.411022.312280@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > Is there a way to (with the win32 api...

creating a file, uploading, and permissions
Hello, I'm using php4 and i want to check for a file, if it doesn't exist it should be created. My problem is i have to create it with specific permissions specifically 666 so that the script can then write to it. I don't have ftp access. I'm also looking for any tutorials, recent ones, using php4 for creating file upload areas, i'm trying to make one of those as well. Thanks. Dave. Thanks. Dave. Dave wrote: > Hello, > I'm using php4 and i want to check for a file, if it doesn't exist it > should be created. My problem is i have to create it with specific > permissions specifically 666 so that the script can then write to it. I > don't have ftp access. I'm also looking for any tutorials, recent ones, > using php4 for creating file upload areas, i'm trying to make one of those > as well. > Thanks. > Dave. > Thanks. > Dave. > > <?php // if file goes into a sub-directory from this file.. $filename=dirname(__FILE__).'/sub_dir/name_of_file'; if(file_exists($filename) && is_writable($file)){ // the file exists and is able to be written to }else if(file_exists($file)){ // file exists, but cannot be written to }else if(is_writable(dirname($file))){ // file does not exist, but can be created }else{ // file doesn't exist, nor can be created with current // permission mask on parent directory: dirname($file) } ?> HTH -- Justin Koiv...

Permissions wrong on newly created file
I have two systems unrelated to each other with the same problem. Both systems are running 5.0.5 and have RS505A patch loaded. At the beginning of the month, a user will log into a certain program. If an error occurs while running the program, a log file is created automatically and the ownership and group are associated to the user. The permissions are set to 644 on the file. Once the file is created, other users that have errors occur in the same program will automatically update the log. With the permissions being incorrect, this can't happen and causes a core file to be created. I've checked all the users and the umask settings are all set to 0. I'm not trained in Unix and I've had to learn as I earn. Any suggestions as to what I else I can check? Thanks! Ben Phillips typed (on Wed, Jul 09, 2003 at 02:04:25PM -0700): | I have two systems unrelated to each other with the same problem. | Both systems are running 5.0.5 and have RS505A patch loaded. At the | beginning of the month, a user will log into a certain program. If an | error occurs while running the program, a log file is created | automatically and the ownership and group are associated to the user. | The permissions are set to 644 on the file. Once the file is created, | other users that have errors occur in the same program will | automatically update the log. With the permissions being incorrect, | this can't happen and causes a core file to be created. I've checked | al...

Write to text file. Append to existing file. Create file if file doesn't exist.
Hi folks, &nbsp; up to LabVIEW 7 there was a wonderful "Write to Text&nbsp;File" vi which allowed the option "Append to File". Now, in LabVIEW 8, this old vi is not longer supported anymore. Instead, I am suggested to use a new "Write to Text File" vi. This vi does not offer the option "Append to File" anymore. Rather it is proposed in the online help that one should use the "Set File Position" in order to append text to the file. This much less straightforward than the old solution. Furthermore, I miss an option which would create the complete path if it doesn't exist yet. &nbsp; To summarize: Isn't there really any smart "Write to Text File" vi available which offers both the options "Append" and "Create path if file does not yet exist". Of course, I could write such a file on my own but I am sure that it is of such general interest that it already exist. In any situation, when a log file shall be written, the wanted vi would be ideal. &nbsp; Thanks a lot, Peter Peter, Sometimes the original VI is placed in a sub folder call Old. Regards Ray Farmer Ray, &nbsp; I know that the old vi is still available. See the screenshot which I attach to this message. What I am missing is an option "Create file or even complete path if file or path do not yet exist.". Is there any reason why NI doesn't provide neither this option nor a simple "Append to file&quo...

Copying permissions to a newly created mdb file
Hi This has been tickling my mind for quite some time. Can someone tell me if Access 2003 has a solution for it. After a period of development, your front end will definitely bloat despite all the compacting and decompiling you do. The best solution so far I have found is to create a fresh new mdb file and import all table (links), queries, forms, reports, menu, macros and modules. That is great: file size shrinks and it runs faster (sometimes a bit, sometimes alot) But say if you have 80 queries, 65 forms, and dozens of reports with 10 user groups. This is a real pain in the butt to recreate all the object permissions. I could not find anything on www.mvps.org/access Someone can enlighten me? Thanks NB I am not aware of a mechanism to import all of your permissions into a new mdb but you can develop your own using DAO. First, create a table to record the permissions. Your table will need fields for container name (e.g. Tables, Forms, Reports, etc.) , document name, and one long integer field for each of your user groups. Write one procedure that enumerates all objects and stores the permissions for each user group in the table. Write another procedure that reapplies the permissions for each record in the table. Take a look at help and review the Containers and Documents collections, and the UserName and Permissions properties of the Document object for more information. Search the Google groups archives for permissions and you will probably find examples. HTH R...

Create Files/ Upload Files
Hi Can anyone explain by example how to create a new file on server and then upload some files to that newly created folder? But before we create the file check that an existing file does not already exist and then upload the files to the newly created directory. Thanks Baka On Jun 26, 7:49 am, abhm <bak...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi > > Can anyone explain by example how to create a new file on server and > then upload some files to that newly created folder? > > But before we create the file check that an existing file does not > already exist and then upload the files to the newly created > directory. > > Thanks > Baka To get started, look at the manual page for the file command. file mkdir, for example, creates a folder. file exists tests for the existence of a file. At 2007-06-26 10:49AM, "abhm" wrote: > Hi > > Can anyone explain by example how to create a new file on server and > then upload some files to that newly created folder? > > But before we create the file check that an existing file does not > already exist and then upload the files to the newly created > directory. Here's an example of how to send a file upload *to* a URL: http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Cookbook/Tcl/Recipe/109363 To write a CGI script that receives an uploaded file, see: http://tcllib.sourceforge.net/doc/ncgi.html -- Glenn Jackman "You can only be young once. But you can always be imm...

File Permissions ???? 0821-067 ping: The socket creation call failed.: The file access permissions do not allow the specified action
Howdy to all AIX Gurus � Have inherited a machine and not knowing too much about AIX I am now experiencing an issue with AIX version 5.1 on a IBM E-Server machine � Having previously removed the /home filesystem in order to create space to extend the /usr � Have recreated the /home and copied the users files back in to it (using smit to recreate it) using the following commands. mklv -y'hd7' -t'jfs2' rootvg 316 hdisk0 I then use this logical volume to create a filesystem using the following�. crfs -v jfs2 -d'hd7' -m'/home' -A''`locale yesstr | awk -F: '{print $1}'`'' -p'rw' -a options='nodev' -a agblksize='4096' I am then mounting the filesystem using mount -v'jfs2' /dev/hd7 /home An lsfs command shows the following Name Nodename Mount Pt VFS Size Options Auto Accounting /dev/hd4 -- / jfs2 1703936 -- yes no /dev/hd2 -- /usr jfs2 6684672 -- yes no /dev/hd9var -- /var jfs2 131072 -- yes no /dev/hd3 -- /tmp jfs2 393216 -- yes no /proc -- /proc procfs -- -- yes no /dev/hd10opt -- /opt jfs2 131072 -- yes no /dev/cd0 -- /mnt/cdrom cdrfs -- ro yes no /dev/hd7 -- /home jf...

"Permission denied to create file" message from untar
I'm using Matlab's untar and I keep getting the message: "Warning: Permission denied to create file "foo.bar". The error comes from line 106 in extractArchive.m, and according to the comments in that m-file, this means that "the file is trying to be written into a directory with insufficient privileges." Anyone know how to fix this in Windows XP and Matlab 7.4? I'm the administrator with full permissions, so I'm not sure why Matlab is unable to create a directory that it can write to. It might have something to do with the fact that files and directories within the tar archive are read only, or at least they were on the Linux machine where the tar archive was made. Andy Yancy wrote: > I'm using Matlab's untar and I keep getting the message: "Warning: Permission denied to create > file "foo.bar". The error comes from line 106 in extractArchive.m, and according to the > comments in that m-file, this means that "the file is trying to be written into a > directory with insufficient privileges." Anyone know how to fix this in Windows XP > and Matlab 7.4? I'm the administrator with full permissions, so I'm not sure why > Matlab is unable to create a directory that it can write to. It might have something > to do with the fact that files and directories within the tar archive are read only, > or at least they were on the Linux machine where the tar archive was made. ...

Permission Denied on newly created text file please help
I am trying to write to a file created with fso.CreateTextFile directly after creation but keep getting permission denied error. I may be wrong but I dont see how the file could already be open or why this might be happening. Any help gratefully received. Set TS = FSO.CreateTextFile(path) '-- write to file here. TS.Close Set TS = Nothing If you didn't use TS.Close the file is still open. _____________________________ mayayXXana1a@mindYYspring.com For return email remove XX and YY. _____________________________ Andy Pandy <newbie.x1@ntlworld.com> wrote in message news:hzyed.443$SN1.87@newsfe1-gui.ntli.net... > I am trying to write to a file created with fso.CreateTextFile directly > after creation but keep getting permission denied error. I may be wrong but > I dont see how the file could already be open or why this might be > happening. Any help gratefully received. > > Never used TS.Close in the code. Many thanks "mayayana" <mayaXXyana1a@mindYYspring.com> wrote in message news:v9Aed.6774$ta5.476@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net... > > Set TS = FSO.CreateTextFile(path) > '-- write to file here. > TS.Close > Set TS = Nothing > > If you didn't use TS.Close the file is still open. > > _____________________________ > > mayayXXana1a@mindYYspring.com > For return email remove XX and YY. > _____________________________ > Andy Pandy <newbie.x1@ntlworld.com&...

File Create Permissions
I am having some trouble get my files to be created with the right permissions. I have set up some groups with the hope that all in the group could read and write to a specific set of folder and subfolders. For some reason, the files/folders are being created with 755. This of course corresponds to umask 022. I have set the umask in /etc/bashrc to be 007 hoping that this would set my create mask to be 770. When I check at the command prompt the umask is says 007. However, a file created by one user in the group cannot be written to or modified by another in the same group. So I looked further. I set the create mask setting for the share in smb.conf to be 770. However, the files are still being created with permission 755. Any one have any insight to what I am missing? I have rebooted both the client and the server to make sure that all the settings are loaded up. I think this should be more straightforward. I know that RH by default sets up one user per group, but I want to use a group as a group. I can change the setting manually, but I would like the files to be created with this default permission. Thanks Michelle "MDuford - Hotmail" <mduford@hotmail.com> wrote in news:aKsqb.320429$9l5.180969@pd7tw2no: > I am having some trouble get my files to be created with the right > permissions. I have set up some groups with the hope that all in the > group could read and > write to a specific set of...

Permission denied when opening a file that was created concurrently by os.rename (Windows)
Hello! I've hit a strange problem that I reduced to the following test case: * Run several python processes in parallel that spin in the following loop: while True: if os.path.isfile(fname): with open(fname, 'rb') as f: f.read() break * Then, run another process that creates a temporary file and then renames it to the name than other processes are expecting * Now, some of the reading processes occasionally fail with "Permission denied" OSError I was able to reproduce it on two Windows 7 64-bit machines. It seems when the file appe...

queueup: cannot create queue file ./qfi7L0aMOG024964, euid=25: Permission denied
Hello I am running Solaris 9 and sendmail 8.12.9. It was working fine until I corrupted the root filesystem. Fortunately I had a copy of the root file system on another disk that I had taken by using a combination of the ufsdump and ufsrestore commands. So I used that to rebuild the root system disk but now get an error message when trying to send an e-mail: # collect: Cannot write ./dfi7L0aMOG024964 (bfcommit, uid=25, gid=25): Permission denied queueup: cannot create queue file ./qfi7L0aMOG024964, euid=25: Permission denied Aug 20 17:36:23 u5 sendmail[24964]: [ID 801593 mail.alert] i7L0aMOG024964: SYSERR(root): queueup: cannot create queue file ../qfi7L0aMOG024964, euid=25: Permission denied The protection on the directories are: # ls -ld / /etc /etc/mail /usr /var /var/spool /var/spool/mqueue drwxr-xr-x 38 root root 1536 Aug 20 17:36 / drwxr-xr-x 53 root sys 3584 Aug 19 20:08 /etc drwxr-xr-x 2 root mail 1024 Jun 17 22:51 /etc/mail drwxrwxr-x 37 root other 1024 Jun 17 23:01 /usr drwxr-xr-x 32 root other 512 Jun 17 22:41 /var drwxr-xr-x 12 root bin 512 Jun 17 22:41 /var/spool drwxr-x--- 2 root mail 512 Aug 19 11:51 /var/spool/mqueue Any ideas on how I can solve this problem? Thank you. Olivier Delaporte wrote: > I am running Solaris 9 and sendmail 8.12.9. It was working fine until > # collect: Cannot write ./dfi7L0aMOG024964 (bfcommit, uid=25, gid=25): > Permission den...

How to create PC File Description File(.FDF) for Client Access file transfer utility?
Hello Friends, I want to know how can i create PC File Description file (.FDF) that we give in File Transfer Utility of Client Access, while transfering any file from PC to AS400. What are the parameters of .FDF file and how can i create one to describe my PC file that is to be transfered? I would be grateful if you can guide me to some manual in which i can get this. Thanks in Advance for yr help in this regard. kind regards, Umer Assuming the file exists on the as400, use CA to download the file first and select create FDF option. If not, download any file and select FDF and look at its definition. I remember it being pretty basic, but I can't recall the exact syntax. On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 23:25:14 -0800, Umer wrote: > Hello Friends, > I want to know how can i create PC File Description file (.FDF) > that we give in File Transfer Utility of Client Access, while > transfering any file from PC to AS400. What are the parameters of .FDF > file and how can i create one to describe my PC file that is to be > transfered? I would be grateful if you can guide me to some manual in > which i can get this. > Thanks in Advance for yr help in this regard. > > kind regards, > Umer > "Umer" wrote: > I want to know how can i create PC File Description file (.FDF) > that we give in File Transfer Utility of Client Access, while > transfering any file from PC to AS400. What are the parameters of .FDF > f...

creating DBF file from text file
Dear all, I need to store pages delimited by FORMFEED character to Memo fields . each record is indexed by unique key such account number . Where can I find functions that deal with this matter ? On Mon, 6 Aug 2012 02:45:06 -0700 (PDT), happytoday <ehabaziz2001@gmail.com> wrote: >Dear all, >I need to store pages delimited by FORMFEED character to Memo fields . >each record is indexed by unique key such account number . >Where can I find functions that deal with this matter ? I'm a bit rusty now but isn't a simple matter of append from xxx.txt delimited with chr(whatever formfeed is ~ chr(12)?) Alternative progressively read the file picking out each block of text between each occurence of the formfeed character. -- AnthonyL Dear happytoday: On Monday, August 6, 2012 2:45:06 AM UTC-7, happytoday wrote: .... > I need to store pages delimited by FORMFEED character character 12. > to Memo fields . AnthonyL's method using "append from ... delimited with" is most elegant. This will generate one record for each page. An alternative might be to simply append the entire file into the memo field (memoread()). That way you always have all pages, in order, and one record for the entire "report". select <cMemoFileTableAlias> append blank replace AcctNo with Master->AcctNo replace RprtName with <cFileName> replace CaptureDt with date() replace ...

Copying Files and retaining File Permission
Hi, I need to transfer files from ServerA to ServerB. ServerA is the domain controller, and ServerB is the Additional domain controller in the same domain. What is the easiest way to do this? There are folders with ACL granted to domain users. Server A - Windows 2000 Server Server B - Windows 2003 Server Domain - linx.local If I use traditional way to transfer files, it will lose all the permission, and stop halfway if the file is in use. Any software to skip file in use during copy and report the files in log files? I have heard of RoboCopy. Is it useful in this situation, and any guides ...

create a zip file with existing files in it
I try the zip example described in the doc. It worked that way. But now I want to add existing files to a new created zip. first the code <code> void OBApp::Test () { wxFFileOutputStream out(_T("C:\\test.zip")); wxZipOutputStream zip(out); wxTextOutputStream txt(zip); // ?? wxFileInputStream strFile("C:\\autoexec.bat"); wxString sep(wxFileName::GetPathSeparator()); zip.PutNextEntry(_T("C:\\autoexec.bat")); txt << _T("Some text for entry1.txt\n"); zip.PutNextEn...

Create AMP file from ACV file?
I need to create an AMP file from an ACV file. I.e, the AMP file should contain the mapping of every pixel, as Photoshop would interpolate a given ACV file in the Curves dialog. Is there a way of doing this, without using the SDK? I am using Photoshop 7.01. Thanks, Greg. Alternatively, if the algorithm Photoshop uses to interpolate an ACV could be made available, that would be just as useful to me.(in fact, it would be easier for me to use the algorithm than an AMP file) Greg. "Greg" <nospam@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:3feaed29$1@duster.adelaide.on.net... > I nee...

Cannot create a file when that file already exists
I built a dummy Win32 Smart Device application from the Visual Studio 2005 wizard and upon deploying the application to the real Pocket PC device connected with ActiveSync 4.0, I got the following error message in the output console: "Cannot create a file when that file already exists". I had this error even the first time I deployed the application; thus it is not a problem because of a file I am trying to deploy that already exists. I did the same test on the Pocket PC 2003 emulator and everything works fine. Do you know to which file the error message is referring to? ...

Create htpasswd file from txt file
Hi all, sorry I'm just an occasionnally user of awk, so do I need help from power users ;-) I have a list of users and passwords separated by a space in a txt file. I would like to get these date into a htpasswd file in order to avoid typing them one by one. I made many search on the web and found somebody who proposed the following awk script: #!/bin/sh for USER in `cat ./users.txt | awk '{ print $1 }'`; do PASSWORD=`grep "^$USER" ./users.txt | h ead -1 | awk '{ print $2 }'` /usr/local/bin/htpasswd -b .test $USER $PASSSWORD done This is not far from the truth but... With the script as is, I get: ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Usage: htpasswd [-cmdps] passwordfile username htpasswd -b[cmdps] passwordfile username password htpasswd -n[mdps] username htpasswd -nb[mdps] username password -c Create a new file. -n Don't update file; display results on stdout. -m Force MD5 encryption of the password. -d Force CRYPT encryption of the password (default). -p Do not encrypt the password (plaintext). -s Force SHA encryption of the password. -b Use the password from the command line rather than prompting for it. On Windows, TPF and NetWare systems the '-m' flag is used by default. On all other systems, the '-p' flag will probably not work. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ If I change to "htpasswd -bn" I get: ..test:3fPTcfTPl.kU2 ..test:3fx8loiKYL6z. ..test:mYpOLJ32zfxfo ..test:...

How to create a .a ( archive ) file from multiple .a files
I m using HP UNIX I wanted to make a single archive file from multiple .a files by pulling in all the .o modules contained within each of these .a files. Thanks --sony sonyantony@hotmail.com writes: > I wanted to make a single archive file from multiple .a files by > pulling in all the .o modules contained within each of these .a files. And what is stopping you from doing that? mkdir tmp.$$ && cd tmp.$$ && ar x ../libfoo.a && ar xv ../libbar.a && ar r ../libcombined.a *.o && cd .. && rm -rf tmp.$$ Cheers, -- In order to unde...

Copying Files and retaining File Permission
Hi, I need to transfer files from ServerA to ServerB. ServerA is the domain controller, and ServerB is the Additional domain controller in the same domain. What is the easiest way to do this? There are folders with ACL granted to domain users. Server A - Windows 2000 Server Server B - Windows 2003 Server Domain - linx.local If I use traditional way to transfer files, it will lose all the permission, and stop halfway if the file is in use. Any software to skip file in use during copy and report the files in log files? I have heard of RoboCopy. Is it useful in this situation, and any guides ...

create RTF file from ASCII file
Hi SAS Users I have recently faced the problem: I had to create RTF file from ASCII file with the following specifications: 1. Landscape orientation 2. Left margin=1.1in 3. Right margin=0.5in 4. Top margin=1in 5. Bottom margin=0.5in 6. Font=SAS Monospace 7. Font size=8 8. Space between lines=exactly 7.6pt 9. Once RTF file is opened in MSWord it should look like MSWord document, but not MSWord table (with columns and rows) It seems like ODS RTF cannot accomplish exactly what I needed. However it is possible if RTF file is build "manually". Here is the code: file...

Creating patch files for selected files
Hi, I would like to produce a recursive for 2 directories, but only for .c and .h files in them. There's the -x and -X options to diff that I know of, which would allow me to exclude items. But in my case there are several other files like images, makefiles, Windows project files inside the directories and I don't want them to be included in the diff output. So selected inclusion would be much easier for me, compared to that of exclusion. Any body knows how to do this? Thanks Jeenu On Jul 31, 4:24=A0am, Jeenu <jee...@gmail.com> wrote: > I would like to produce a recursive ...

Web resources about - File permissions after create - comp.lang.rexx

Permission - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Facebook Tests Allowing Users To Start Games Instantly, Bypass Permissions Dialog
Facebook game developers Zynga , Kixeye , and Electronic Arts reached agreements with Facebook to test a new “start now” feature, that allows ...

Why is the Messenger app requesting permission to access features on my Android phone or tablet? - Facebook-Hilfebereich ...
If you install the Messenger app on your Android, your phone or tablet should let you know that the app is asking for your permission to access... ...

Permissions Reference - Facebook-Entwickler
When a user authenticates your application, by default, your app gets the ability to read only the u...

Facebook tests ‘start now’ option to allow users to begin playing games without authorizing permissions ...
Some Facebook canvas games are testing a new “start now” function to let users begin playing games immediately without the roadblock of a permissions ...

OOPS: without Permission, Paul Ryan and Family Show Up Washing Clean Dishes at Ohio Soup Kitchen - YouTube ...
The head of a charity in Ohio is not pleased with Paul Ryan's photo op at a soup kitchen in Ohio, saying that the Romney campaign "ramrodded ...

Arafat's widow grants permission for Swiss lab to test poisoning theory
The Palestinian Authority also approved the probe, which was requested by Palestinian president Mahmoud Abbas after a media investigation found ...

LeBron James sought sons' permission before his return to Ohio
Before LeBron James could return home to the Cavaliers, he first had to clear it with his children.

Scientists seek permission to edit the genes of human embryos
British scientists have applied for permission to edit the genes of human embryos in a series of experiments aimed at finding out more about ...