How to clear the screen..??

Hi,
I am trying to code a simple menu based REXX tool for doing simple
tasks like allocating datasets, copying datasets etc in MVS OS/390.
However, I do not find any method of clearing the screen.

Please let me know if there is any...

Thanks....
0
mail_ssb
7/22/2003 1:36:42 PM
comp.lang.rexx 2135 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

ssb wrote:

> Hi,
> I am trying to code a simple menu based REXX tool for doing simple
> tasks like allocating datasets, copying datasets etc in MVS OS/390.
> However, I do not find any method of clearing the screen.

See http://www.tek-tips.com/gfaqs.cfm/pid/277/fid/3488, many
installations have a module using these routines named "CLEAR".

--
Klaus Johannes Rusch
KlausRusch@atmedia.net

0
Klaus
7/22/2003 1:47:33 PM
On 22 Jul 2003 06:36:42 -0700 mail_ssb@yahoo.com (ssb) wrote:

:>I am trying to code a simple menu based REXX tool for doing simple
:>tasks like allocating datasets, copying datasets etc in MVS OS/390.
:>However, I do not find any method of clearing the screen.

Why not use ISPF?

--
Binyamin Dissen <bdissen@dissensoftware.com>
http://www.dissensoftware.com

Binyamin
7/22/2003 2:01:10 PM
On 22 Jul 2003 06:36:42 -0700, mail_ssb@yahoo.com (ssb) wrote:
<de8e098d.0307220536.10df0e73@posting.google.com>

>Hi,
>I am trying to code a simple menu based REXX tool for doing simple
>tasks like allocating datasets, copying datasets etc in MVS OS/390.
>However, I do not find any method of clearing the screen.
>
>Please let me know if there is any...

There is no 'native TSO' method for clearing the screen, odd as that
may sound.  Most installations have installed one or more home-grown
programs which handle this.  The name(s), being non-standard, may be
anything at all.  Ask your colleagues and system programmers for
guidance on this one.  The answer may be unique to your installation.

0
Frank
7/23/2003 3:05:29 AM
On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 03:05:29 GMT Frank Clarke <nisus@mindspring.com> wrote:

   [ snipped ]

:>There is no 'native TSO' method for clearing the screen, odd as that
                         ^command
:>may sound.

There is a native TSO way, via SVC call, to clear the screen. One does not
have to build a channel program or know the device codes to clear the screen.

   [ snipped ]

--
Binyamin Dissen <bdissen@dissensoftware.com>
http://www.dissensoftware.com

Binyamin
7/23/2003 7:05:27 AM
In <de8e098d.0307220536.10df0e73@posting.google.com>, on 07/22/2003
   at 06:36 AM, mail_ssb@yahoo.com (ssb) said:

>However, I do not find any method of clearing the screen.

What platform are you running on? CICS, IMS and ISPF all have their
own screen management. TSO does not have a clear function except under
the TSO Session Manager, although your installation may have installed
a clear command of its own.

Any unsolicited bulk E-mail will be subject to legal action.  I reserve the
right to publicly post or ridicule any abusive E-mail.

Reply to domain Patriot dot net user shmuel+news to contact me.  Do not reply
to spamtrap@library.lspace.org

0
Shmuel
7/23/2003 4:32:08 PM
In <4ecshvgfh0nm019dehm46nkaqmjs30e01n@4ax.com>, on 07/23/2003
   at 10:05 AM, Binyamin Dissen <postingid@dissensoftware.com> said:

>There is a native TSO way, via SVC call, to clear the screen. One
>does not have to build a channel program or know the device codes to
>clear the screen.

You do, however, have to code in assembler. The OP asked in a REXX
context, and in that context there is no native TSO method.

Any unsolicited bulk E-mail will be subject to legal action.  I reserve the
right to publicly post or ridicule any abusive E-mail.

Reply to domain Patriot dot net user shmuel+news to contact me.  Do not reply
to spamtrap@library.lspace.org

0
Shmuel
7/24/2003 3:54:26 AM
On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 23:54:26 -0400 "Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz"
<spamtrap@library.lspace.org.invalid> wrote:

:>In <4ecshvgfh0nm019dehm46nkaqmjs30e01n@4ax.com>, on 07/23/2003

:>   at 10:05 AM, Binyamin Dissen <postingid@dissensoftware.com> said:

:>>There is a native TSO way, via SVC call, to clear the screen. One
:>>does not have to build a channel program or know the device codes to
:>>clear the screen.

:>You do, however, have to code in assembler. The OP asked in a REXX
:>context, and in that context there is no native TSO method.

"There is no 'native TSO' method for clearing the screen"

'nuff said.

--
Binyamin Dissen <bdissen@dissensoftware.com>
http://www.dissensoftware.com

Binyamin

extension to idle to clear screen
and here I thought I was going to finally be able to change the world AND contribute back to python with my amazing clear screen extension - but I can't get it to work. ;( Copying from ZoomHeight.py and someone else's clever print suggestion: ------------------------------------------------- # My Clear extension: clear a window class Clear: menudefs = [ ('windows', [ ('_Clear', '<<clear>>'), ]) ] def __init__(self, editwin): self.editwin = editwin def clear_event(self, event): for i in range(...

When is clear all not clear all?
Work this out please! I have a program that crashes every other time it is run. The first line of the program has a clear all at the top. If I type clear all in the Workspace every time before I run the program It works every time!?!?! (I've tried clear import and clear classes after reading the help file that suggests that CLEAR ALL at the command prompt also removes the Java packages import list). Any suggestions why P.S. the logic behind when it crashes is too complicated to explain - tried chasing it but involes Simulink - error should be irrelevant, question is - is cl...

Clear screen
Hi, I'm using PHP on my Linux box on the command line. It need to clear the screen, as I would do with the 'clear' command on the bash. Is there something equivalent in PHP available? regards, georg Carved in mystic runes upon the very living rock, the last words of Georg Weiler of comp.lang.php make plain: > I'm using PHP on my Linux box on the command line. > > It need to clear the screen, as I would do with the 'clear' command on > the bash. Is there something equivalent in PHP available? ereg(":li#([0-9]+):", $TERMCAP, $regs); $lines...

Clearing Screen
Hello, are there any other other possibilities to clear the screen (MS-DOS) then clrscr(turns the background grey) and VT-100 escape (don't do anything) commands ? Both don't seem to work on my embedded system. Regards, Sebastian Sebastian Becker wrote: > Hello, > > are there any other other possibilities to clear the screen (MS-DOS) > then clrscr(turns the background grey) and VT-100 escape (don't do > anything) commands ? Both don't seem to work on my embedded system. > > Regards, Sebastian So, how is the screen represented on your embedded syst...

Clear Screen
How do you clear the screen of a plot before or after graphing? John Ertle Jr. wrote: > How do you clear the screen of a plot before or after graphing? lookfor clear -- ...

clearing the screen
Can someone tell me how to clear the screen using a pl/sql loop. I have tried the following but it doesn't work. begin ...

Clear Screen
How do you clear screen in a Scheme executable? In C++ and Java, there are various ways of doing so, and I was just wondering if the same can be said for Scheme. Thanks! Steven Simmons wrote: > > How do you clear screen in a Scheme executable? In C++ and Java, there are > various ways of doing so, and I was just wondering if the same can be said > for Scheme. Thanks! That depends on your Scheme implementation and libraries, and perhaps on the system on which you are running the Scheme. If you can provide these details, you will be far more likely to get a useful answer. D...

Clear Screen
Dear All, I am having some trouble with clearing screen. I can't find any way to do this in Fortran. Documents from http://www.ibiblio.org say that WRITE(*,*) CHAR(27), '[2J' statement will clear the screen. But it is not working for me. I used CALL SYSTEM('cls') or CALL system('clear'); but I dont like the idea. Is there any other way in Fortran to do that? Another thing - How can I access printer from a Fortran program? Regards Rosana Rosana Khan <khanrosana@gmail.com> wrote: > I am having some trouble with clearing screen. I can't fi...

clear screen
Is there a way to clear the terminal screen by using Ruby directly? Instead of using system("clear"). Cheers Christian On Apr 26, 2007, at 8:25 AM, Christian wrote: > Is there a way to clear the terminal screen by using Ruby directly? > Instead of using system("clear"). Nothing builtin. A lighter approach is to print an ANSI escape sequence if your terminal understands it: module Screen def self.clear print "\e[2J\e[f" end end -- fxn Christian, The following is a hack: I checked, and on my system, "clear" sen...

Clear screen
Hi, I was just wondering if anyone can tell me how do I get java to clear the screen. I know there is a cls; command in C but I cant find one for Java. Thanks Jacqui On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 19:06:12 +1000, Glenn & Jacqui <glenn.hansen@tpg.com.au> wrote: > Hi, > > I was just wondering if anyone can tell me how do I get java to clear the > screen. > > I know there is a cls; command in C but I cant find one for Java. There is no such function in Java. Java is platform-independant, and consider: Some platforms might not even have such a function in their librari...

Clear the Screen
Hi, I have done some research, trying to Clear The Screen in java code. The first option was the obv: system.out.print("\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n"); then i heard about this method: System.out.print((char)27 + "[2J"); However, it doen't work unless "ansi.sys" is loaded and very few WinXP user's have this. Any help appreciated in trying to solve this problem. Cheers, Dave It's kind of a hack, but what about this: Runtime.exec("cls"); This makes your application platform-dependent, but it looks like your stated ...

Clearing the screen
Hi i use IDLE to code Python in my machine. What i haven't been able to do is call an in-built function called clear()/cls()/clr() because it mightn't exist. so what i did is coded my own function called cls() as such >>> def cls(): for i in range(1,40): print " "; now that does the job very nicely and i get cleared screen but what i really want to achieve it everytime i start IDLE, without importing any module, i want to be able to do just cls() and be able to clear the screen. Is that achievable? Does that have mean i have to tinker a bit with in-builts?? Than...

Clear Screen?
How do I clear the text from my screen, other than a bunch of \n's or endl's? Tim M. "Tim Mierzejewski" <timmierz@yahoo.com> wrote... > How do I clear the text from my screen, other than a bunch of \n's or > endl's? Please read FAQ 15.20. You can find FAQ here: http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/ Victor Tim Mierzejewski wrote: > How do I clear the text from my screen, other than a bunch of \n's or > endl's? C++ can not clear the screen, as indicated in the FAQ Victor pointed you to. However, you can ask the OS to do it for you. ...

Clear Screen???
How can i clear the screen in java? On 11 Sep 2005 19:29:04 -0700, zeus wrote: > How can i clear the screen in java? Java is better suited to working within the current screen environment, rather than clearing it. What do you intend to happen to the 'task bar' and other opened programs when this action happens? -- Andrew Thompson physci.org 1point1c.org javasaver.com lensescapes.com athompson.info "Seen you on Aldebaran, safe on the green desert sand" The Rolling Stones '2000 Light Years From Home' Andrew Thompson wrote: > On 11 Sep 2005 19:29:04 -0700...

Clear screen
How would you clearn the screen in a console program??? Thanks NeoPhreak >.< "NeoPhreak" <admin@neophreak.com> wrote in message news:vScsb.3128$IK2.284199@news20.bellglobal.com... > How would you clearn the screen in a console program??? > Console control is not Java's strong point. Generally there are three approaches to this task: * Use 'System.out.println' to write out enough space characters to fill the screen [doesn't, however, provide very effective cursor control :) !] * If the console suports ANSI escape seque...

clear the screen
How to clear the screen? For example, in the two player game. One player se= ts a number and the second player guesses the number. When the first player= enters the number, it should be cleared so that the second number is not a= ble to see it. My question is how to clear the number. Thank you! On 04/20/2013 10:45 PM, Yuanyuan Li wrote: > How to clear the screen? For example, in the two player game. One player sets a number and the second player guesses the number. When the first player enters the number, it should be cleared so that the second number is not able to see it. My quest...

clear shell screen
Does anyone know how to clear the shell screen completely ? I tried import os and then os.system("clear") was said to have worked in Windows XP, but it's just bringing up another window, then it turns black and then it closes in within about a second moving the prompt at the os.system("clear") line . I've also tried os.system("cls") with the same results. thx Shawn Minisall <trekker182@comcast.net> wrote: > >Does anyone know how to clear the shell screen completely ? I tried >import os and then os.system("clear") was sai...

Clearing the output screen
Can anybody tell me if there is a way to clear the output screen. I am making a basic low level program (just to improve my java skill) and I am writing a lot of commands like: System.out.println("There are "+x+" intems in the list"); So I was wondering if there is a way to clear the output screen, just to make it look neater, or is there a way to clear a line so I can loop a command like: System.out.println("Processing is "+x+"% complete"); To show what percentage of work has been done. Thank you kindly for your time Colin Hemmings <colin....

Clearing the REXX display
Hi I would like to know if there's an easy way to clear the REXX display so that when I start a new script the user will not see any of the output from the previous script. Thanks Elliot ...

how do i pause then clear screen?

how do i clear the whole screen
hi i am new to java, is there any way i can clear the whole screen before i display the result in jdk1.3. nipanjanpaul@yahoo.com wrote in news:1137401953.150981.299490 @f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com: > hi i am new to java, is there any way i can clear the whole screen > before i display the result in jdk1.3. > > If you're talking about the console window (that's the black box with white text, looks like a dos box), look for something like "clear console" in this group's archive http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.java.programmer?lnk=gschg If you ...

Clearing an xterm screen
I am trying to write a routine to clear the screen. Here is what i did (Copy paste from linuxquestions.org) #include <curses.h> #include main() { initscr(); clear(); refresh(); endwin(); } I compiled it with gcc along with -lncurses. But this only works if i boot into the runlevel 3. The same code doesn't seem to budge in an xterm. The code has no effect on my xterm. One more thing. I am developing an application which will look like the pine email client (Only in the gui perspective). I could manage to display the key menus and main menu of my applicati...

clearing the screen #2
Can someone tell me how to clear the screen using pl/sql. I have tried the following but to no avail. begin for v_counter in 1..30 loop dbms_output.put_line(' '); end loop; end; thanks Odba1961 wrote: >Can someone tell me how to clear the screen using pl/sql. >I have tried the following but to no avail. > >begin > >for v_counter in 1..30 loop >dbms_output.put_line(' '); >end loop; >end; > > >thanks > > It is impossible. It is unnecessary. It is meaningless. Ask someone to assign you some work. ;-) -- Daniel Morgan http://www.outreach.washington.edu/ext/certificates/oad/oad_crs.asp http://www.outreach.washington.edu/ext/certificates/aoa/aoa_crs.asp damorgan@x.washington.edu (replace 'x' with a 'u' to reply) Odba1961 wrote: > Can someone tell me how to clear the screen using pl/sql. > I have tried the following but to no avail. > > begin > > for v_counter in 1..30 loop > dbms_output.put_line(' '); > end loop; > end; PUT_LINE does a trim and won't output anything if the result is null. You can force an output by using a non-space character. dbms_output.put_line(chr(0)); Although, it sounds like you're trying to write an application using SQL*Plus which I'd recommend against. Why exactly do you need this? Richard Kuhler > Can someone tell me how to clear the screen u...

Clearing the DOS screen?
I have a Visual Basic menu script that I am trying to get to clear the dos screen it is running in. Basically, you select an option from the menu, and after the processing is complete, a "press enter to continue" comes up. When enter is pressed I'd like the DOS screen the script is running in to clear (and the menu to be displayed again). Is there any way to do this? I've tried many different things, but I seem to have trouble actually accessing the cmd process my script is running in, it always seems to spawn a new process. Thanks in advance for any help you might provi...

Web resources about - How to clear the screen..?? - comp.lang.rexx

Screen International - Film industry news from UK, US, Europe, Asia and The World
Screen's homepage. Includes the latest film industry news, reviews and features.

Screen Digest
is widely regarded as the world's leading media-focused research, publishing and consulting company. The company employs 50 analysts, working ...

→ Sponsor: Screens
Screens VNC lets you connect back to your computer whether you’re ten thousand miles away or ten feet from your desk. Screens: it just works. ...

Projection screen - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
. Uniformly white or grey screens are used almost exclusively as to avoid any discoloration to the image, while the most desired brightness of ...

Stephen King's It set for the big screen
The terrifying figure of Pennywise the clown haunted the small screen in 1990. Now he's set for nightmares on a bigger scale

Screen Shot 2016-02-25 at 23.55.17
Visit the post for more.

Facebook Introduces Canvas, an Immersive, Full-Screen Mobile Ad Unit
Facebook Thursday announced the official rollout of its Canvas full-screen immersive advertising product for iOS and Android phones. Canvas ...

Users of Microsoft's 'free' Windows 10 find unexpected ads on lock screen
Microsoft recently began running advertisements directly on the lock screens of Windows 10 devices, catching users by surprise with marketing ...

How to stop Microsoft using your Windows 10 lock screen to show ads
... something else comes along to irritate me. I know I'm not alone, and the most recent annoyance is the appearance of ads on the lock screen. ...

How to get rid of Microsoft’s Windows 10 lock screen advertisements
In case you needed more proof that nothing is really ever free, check your Windows 10 computer. It might be showing you advertisements that you ...