Rexx failure from windows vista to windows 7

 Hello
 I recently bought a pc running windows7 I copied my rexx scripts from a machine running windows vista
 I have   scripts to logon to a few sites but have run into problems.

 My script contains the following instuction passing my name

        myIE~document~getElementById("name")~Value = nam

 I receive the following error in Windows 7

error 97 running C:\users.....rex line 31 Object method not found
Error 97.1: Object "The Nil object" does not understand message "Value="

I am running oorexx 4.0.1

 Thanks
0
globaloney
1/3/2013 6:43:40 AM
comp.lang.rexx 2135 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

I upgraded to ooRexx-4.1.0-windows.x86_64 and still get the same error.
0
globaloney
1/3/2013 7:25:13 AM
On 03/01/2013 06:43, globaloney wrote:
> myIE~document~getElementById("name")~Value = nam

Depending upon what sort of object "myIE" is, you will probably have to
load the corresponding "handler" file.

For example, my programs that handle Media Player objects includes:

    Player=.OLEObject~New("WMPlayer.OCX.7")

I migrated from XP to Win7, and I probably had to copy over
WMPlayer.OCX.7 before my programs would work under Win7. This happened
back in September, so there is no chance of my remembering what I did.

I can't even find wmplayer.ocx* on my system right now, so that's a bit
of a mystery.

--
Steve Swift
http://www.swiftys.org.uk/
On 03/01/2013 08:01, Swifty wrote:
> I can't even find wmplayer.ocx* on my system right now, so that's a bit
> of a mystery.

Well, I solved this mystery. WMPlayer.OCX is a PROGID; I found it under
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{6BF52A52-394A-11d3-B153-00C04F79FAA6} and it
contained "WMPlayer.OCX.7"

I've often wondered if the "7" is some sort of version number, and if
there's a newer one, but since all my code is working, I've left that
for another decade.

--
Steve Swift
http://www.swiftys.org.uk/
On 1/3/2013 2:25 AM, globaloney wrote:
> I upgraded to ooRexx-4.1.0-windows.x86_64 and still get the same error.

Unless you have a requirement for 64 bit ooRexx, you will have more
backward compatibility with other programs if you install the 32 bit
version of ooRexx.

On the surface, it looks like there's something very different between
IE8 and IE9. Perhaps if you posted more of the code one of the experts
could help.

--

Les               (Change Arabic to Roman to email me)

0
LesK
1/3/2013 4:50:09 PM
On Jan 2, 10:43=A0pm, globaloney <jgol...@excite.com> wrote:

> =A0I recently bought a pc running windows7 I copied my rexx scripts from =
a machine running windows vista
> =A0I have =A0 scripts to logon to a few sites but have run into problems.
>
> =A0My script contains the following instuction passing my name
>
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 myIE~document~getElementById("name")~Value =3D nam
>
> =A0I receive the following error in Windows 7
>
> error 97 running C:\users.....rex line 31 Object method not found
> Error 97.1: Object "The Nil object" does not understand message "Value=3D=
"

> I am running oorexx 4.0.1

This really doesn't have anything to do with ooRexx.  Rather it is
some change in Internet Explorer 9 from Internet Explorer 8.

Assuming myIE is the Internet Explorer OLE object, you need to look at
this:

myIE~document~getElementById("name")

and see why it doesn't return an OLE object.  It could be that
something changed in the Internet Explorer document model.  Maybe the
getElementByID() method is gone, or the "ID" the method will accept is
no longer a simple string, or something.

Another possibility is that the problem could be some change in the
Internet Explorer 9 security.  Maybe the default settings in Windows 7
are more strict than what you had in your previous PC.  Maybe Internet
Explore 9 does not let scripts perform that action any more, or some
other security related problem.

--
Mark Miesfeld
0
Mark
1/3/2013 11:27:35 PM
Here is my code, I pass a user name (usr) and barcode (nam) to the Loginfor=
/*rexx*/                                                                   =
      =20
CLS                                                                        =
      =20
net =3D .OLEObject~New("wscript.network")                                  =
        =20
usr =3D net~username                                                       =
        =20
                                                                           =
      =20
ACK=3D"=AB=A8=B4=E5=E1=A8=E3=AC"                                           =
                        =20
                                                                           =
      =20
call FnXlate ACK                                                           =
      =20
                                                                           =
      =20
nam=3Dstrip(result)                                                        =
        =20
                                                                           =
      =20
  trace i                                                                  =
      =20
myIE =3D .OleObject~new("InternetExplorer.Application","WITHEVENTS")       =
        =20
                                                                           =
      =20
myIE~Visible =3D .True                                                     =
        =20
                                                                           =
      =20
myIE~Navigate("https://dppl.bibliocommons.com/user/login")                 =
      =20
                                                                           =
      =20
                                                                           =
      =20
   Call SysSleep 2                                                         =
      =20
                                                                           =
      =20
do While myie~busy=3D.true -- myie~ReadyState \=3D 4                       =
          =20
     call SysSleep 0.25  -- sleep 25/100 seocnds, to wait until loading is =
done  =20
end                                                                        =
      =20
                                                                           =
      =20
next:                                                                      =
      =20
myIE~document~getElementById("name")~Value =3D usr           /*pass usernam=
e*/     =20
myIE~document~getElementById("user_pin")~Value =3D nam       /*(pass barcod=
e*/     =20
                                                                           =
      =20
exit                                                                       =
      =20
::requires "OODPLAIN.CLS"                                                  =
      =20
::REQUIRES "OREXXOLE.CLS"                                                  =
      =20
                                                                           =
      =20
::requires 'oodwin32.cls'                                                  =
      =20
                                                                           =
      =20
::requires "winSystm.cls"                                                  =
      =20
                                                                           =
      =20
::class MyDlgClass subclass userdialog inherit advancedControls            =
      =20
0
globaloney
1/4/2013 2:10:04 AM
Here is the source code of the web page.
Am i correct in suspecting the site is generating a new id
at every attempt at logon?

id=3D"user_name_7ddububvnrvweb5bm8ivdcy23"
id=3D"user_pin_7ddububvnrvweb5bm8ivdcy23" =20

At any rate in windows vista/ie8 it works.
And if it indeed is generating a new id,is there someway  to
read the code, parse out the ids i need and proceed?
Thanks.

<form action=3D"https://dppl.bibliocommons.com/user/login" autocorrect=3D"o=
ff" class=3D"loginForm" id=3D"login_7ddububvnrvweb5bm8ivdcy23" method=3D"po=
st" onsubmit=3D"_gaq.push(['_trackEvent', 'user','login']); if(typeof exter=
nal_id !=3D 'undefined'){ _gaq.push(['b._trackEvent', 'user','login']); }">=
=3D"hidden" value=3D"901aef9af324547bd06594d947c73fc950eeb8b7"></div>
        <label for=3D"user_name_7ddububvnrvweb5bm8ivdcy23">Username or Barc=
ode:</label>
        <input class=3D"field_username text" id=3D"user_name_7ddububvnrvweb=
5bm8ivdcy23" name=3D"name" type=3D"text" value=3D"">
        <label for=3D"user_pin_7ddububvnrvweb5bm8ivdcy23">

        Password:

        </label>
  <input class=3D"text" id=3D"user_pin_7ddububvnrvweb5bm8ivdcy23" name=3D"u=
ser_pin" type=3D"password" value=3D"">
t your Password?</a>
0
globaloney

Windows 7, another Windows Vista?
I remember the reviews of Vista being very optimistic, and the geek culture and first adopters being over the ears about it (here in csma, for example), but when released it really sunk into the mud when gamers, business and avergae users wouldn't touch it with a stick and forced both Microsoft and OEMs to offer a downgrade option to Windows XP. I am curious what has changed in Windows 7 that is different in how Vista screwed these people over. How is it winning people back? I haven't tried Windows 7 at all, so I have no idea, but perhaps someone here can shed a light on why W...

WANTED: DELL WINDOWS 7 PRO Disks, DELL WINDOWS XP PRO & VISTA BUSINESS
WANTED: DELL WINDOWS 7 PRO Disks, DELL WINDOWS XP PRO & VISTA BUSINESS - We are buying in large quantities We are wanting to buy large quantities of Dell Windows 7 Pro Disks. We are also looking to buy Dell Windows XP Pro and possibly some Vista Business as well. We also buy Microsoft, Dell, HP and other Office software packages 2000, 2003, 2007, 2010, 2012 all versions. We like to buy in quantity. We also buy the below. We buy old and new versions of Microsoft Office, Server, Windows & others. Adobe Acrobat 9 and X and others titles. Symantec Norton Antivirus, NIS a...

[...]

[News] [Rival] Windows Vista Sales + Windows Vista Upgrades = Windows XP
Vista downgrading: What are your rights? ,----[ Quote ] | Talk about a catch 22. Did you know that in order to be allowed to downgrade | Vista to XP on a new computer, Microsoft expects you to have one of the more | expensive editions of Windows Vista that most OEMs don’t even put on their | machines. It’s true. Have a look at this official Microsoft one-sheet | explaining the intricacies of downgrading from Vista that’s come bundled with | a new PC. | | You’d have to add $180 to the price of a Dell Inspiron 530 in order to have | the right to use XP instead of Vista. `---- http...

Matlab version for Windows Vista and Windows 7
Which version of the Matlab is installable in Vista environment? Win7 environment? Thanks for the info in advance. Lee CC "CC Lee" <e2718282@gmail.com> wrote in message news:i195np$9sk$1@fred.mathworks.com... > Which version of the Matlab is installable in Vista environment? Win7 > environment? > > Thanks for the info in advance. The list of system requirements for versions of MATLAB as far back as release R11 is available on the support website in the Installation, Activation, and Startup box: http://www.mathworks.com/support/ -- Steve Lord slord...

Rexx products on WIndows 7
LesTec Products Version 4.0 now available for Windows 7 Info at http://www.lestec.com.au Regards, Les Moull LesTec Pty Ltd Greetings Les: Les Moull wrote: > LesTec Products Version 4.0 now available for Windows 7 That is excellent news! Thanks for your effort to keep your Rexx related products polished and current! Sincerely, -- Michael Lueck Lueck Data Systems http://www.lueckdatasystems.com/ Thank you, Nice to see people still using REXX, still nothing like it come out since Les Moull www.lestec.com.au "Michael Lueck" <mlueck@lueckdatasystems.com> wrote in m...

Windows 7 TCP/IP slower than Windows Vista ?
Hi, We have an interesting observation. We noticed that the network throughput on Windows 7 is lower than that of Windows Vista when some graphical activity is going on. We have a setup where 3 PCs running Windows 7, Windows Vista and Windows XP resp. are connected to a Ethernet HUB. The Windows XP PC generates some network traffic which is captured on both Windows 7 and Windows Vista PCs using Wireshark network capture tool. The configurations of all 3 PCs (motherboard, RAM etc) are identical. We observed that intermittenetly the packets are received with a delay on Win 7 pc, ...

Windows 7 = Windows Vista = Piece of Sh*t
http://www.infoworld.com/d/windows/free-windows-7-end-early-shutdowns-685 Want to know why Microsoft is ready to release Windows 7 so soon after the release of Vista? BECAUSE THEY'RE THE SAME THING! And it sucks just as bad as Vista, maybe an infitesemal amount less, but it's close. Windows 7, I HATE IT ALREADY!!! ...

[News] [Rival] Windows 7 Just Another Windows Vista+

PM windows from REXX helper DLL and other REXX/C questions
I'm trying to write a REXX utility DLL which needs to open the system file dialog (well in fact my own extended version). I have not yet figured out how this can be realized. There must be a way, the question is how. I couldn't even get a message box to be shown. The relevant C function so far opens PM, creates a message queue and starts a thread for the dispatching of messages. It creates an object window as owner window for the dialog. Parent for the dialog is HWND_DESKTOP. This all seems to be too complicated. I haven't found any documentation about how to use PM...

Some Arabic letters fail in Windows Vista & Windows 7
My observation refers to Windows Vista and Windows 7, but not to other operating systems. The Urdu letter U+06BB =DA=BB=DA=BB=DA=BB does not join in Courier New. http://www.alanflavell.org.uk/unicode/unidata06.html#x06BB The Pashto letter U+06D0 =DB=90=DB=90=DB=90 does not join in Courier New and not in Times New Roman. http://www.alanflavell.org.uk/unicode/unidata06.html#x06D0 The display of both letters in Arial and Tahoma is correct. Choose Arial or Tahoma or Times New Roman as your Western Latin typeface in your browser. I'm aski...

REXX under Windows
The first time a REXX program runs under OS/2 the interpreter stores some kind of binary image of the program in the file's extended attributes. On subsequent executions of that program, the binary image is used (unless the source has been changed) which saves some processing time. How does this work under Windows (or, for that matter, other operating systems)? Does the interpreter read the source code every time a REXX program is run? -- John Small John Small wrote: > How does this work under Windows There's no equivalent of the extended attributes in th...

Windows 7 is the same as Windows 95
So say the MacFreaks - BWAHAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAA. OSX is ten years old - BWAHAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA. In article <BYmVn.187$6B.32@newsfe15.iad>, "XX" <dosexes@dsahiuargd.net> wrote: > So say the MacFreaks - BWAHAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAA. > > OSX is ten years old - BWAHAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA. You're doing this wrong. You're supposed to accuse OS X of being 40 years old, because it contains UNIX code. -- "The game of professional investment is intolerably boring and over-exacting to anyone who is entirely exempt from th...

Windows Vista two windows
Hello, Is there any way to avoid a second black window when using emacs under Windows Vista? Thanks, Andr=E9 Luiz AndreLTR <andreltramos@gmail.com> writes: > Is there any way to avoid a second black window when using emacs under > Windows Vista? What version of Emacs are you using and where from? I downloaded the one linked from the GNU Emacs FAQ and when running "runemacs.exe" it works fine for me without window. - Jerome Hello, It works this way thanks! Sorry for the double post. Sincerely, Andr=E9 Luiz On 28 dez, 17:11, Jerome Baum <em...@jeromebaum.co...

Windows 7 'The Best Windows Ever' means it'll be a failure
http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/1559534/windows-reviewed This 'Best Windows Ever (tm)' will be a complete failure since it's 99% Windows Vista which was a confirmed bust. There's NOTHING compelling in Windows 7 and it's as bloated and slow (sometimes even slower) like Vista. So the conclusion is simple: in a year's time we'll all be writing about the failure of Windows 7 and the Windows platform in general. Obviously, PC makers a showering Vista 7 with praises, but everyone knows this Windows will NOT lead to another PC upgrade cycle so they'll ...

Uniface 7 and Windows 7/VISTA
Has anyone gotten Uniface 7 to run on Window 7 or VISTA? This is on a client machine. We've mapped the client's K: drive to a share on a Windows 2003 server that hosts UNIFACE, so all they would be running is k:UNIFACE.EXE. Thanks in advance for your help, I had tested it on Windows Vista when Vista first came out. It was running in Windows 95 compatibility mode. I had more trouble getting Solid (version 2.3, I believe) to run on Vista, but got it working eventually. But, it was a bit hit and miss, and I eventually downgraded to XP to eliminate the issues. J...

Steve Ballmer's Windows 7 dance party---Hopping on the grave of Windows Vista
<Quote> October 22 has arrived, which means Microsoft can stop defending Windows Vista and start pretending it never happened. Eyes have now turned to Windows 7, while Windows Vista joins Microsoft Bob and Windows Me in the annals of underachievers past. Well, except for all those people who are still stuck with the thing. </Quote> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/10/22/windows_7_launch_party/ nessuno wrote: > <Quote> > October 22 has arrived, which means Microsoft can stop defending > Windows Vista and start pretending it never happened. Eyes have now > turned...

Random compile errors under WIndows (32 bit Windows Vista and Windows 10)
I have earlier noticed random stray compile errors when building DJGPP port of gcc under Windows Vista Business. Running make again compiled some file without problems. Such errors where extremely rare for DJGPP CVS from CVS (also 2.04 before bumping version to 2.05). I usually did not get them at all for 2.04 or 2.05. The situation was noticeably worse for 2.03p2. Building GCC was still possible but I had to restart build often enough. I have 64-bit Windows 10 (earlier Windows 7) on desktop computer and dual boot with Linux (currently Fedora 22 x86_64). So there no DJGPP testing pos...

Microsoft Forces Windows 10 Downloads Onto Windows 7 And Windows 8
The saga continues. Following news that Windows 10 automatically downloads onto Windows 7 and Windows 8 for users who choose to upgrade, Microsoft MSFT +0.00% has now confirmed it has taken things one serious step further: Windows 10 will now download on computers even when users chose NOT to upgrade. This somewhat shocking development was discovered by The Inquirer when a reader reported Windows 10 had been downloaded onto their computer despite the fact they expressly declined the opportunity to upgrade: �The symptoms are repeated failed �Upgrade to Windows 10' in the WU update history and a huge 3.5GB to 6GB hidden folder labelled �$Windows.~BT�,� the reader explained. �I thought Microsoft [said] this �upgrade� was optional. If so, why is it being pushed out to so many computers where it wasn�t reserved, and why does it try to install over and over again? He continued: �I know of two instances where people on metered connections went over their data cap for August because of this unwanted download. My own internet (slow DSL) was crawling for a week or so until I discovered this problem. In fact, that�s what led me to it. Not only does it download, it tries to install every time the computer is booted.� Microsoft Confirms New Policy Astonishingly this is not a one-off error. Speaking to The Inquirer, Microsoft confirmed this is now something they are doing to all computers running Windows 7 and Windows 8: �For i...

[News] [Rival] Windows 7 Might be an Admission of Vista Failure
Windows 7 Due In 2009 | Are Vista’s Failures To Blame? ,----[ Quote ] | Vista has many problems, and some of which that should be huge concerns: | | * Windows Vista performs very poorly against its younger brother Windows | XP. | * Vista has not really had the backing from game developers thus far. | * Vista is a disappointment when compared to features that were promised | in development. | * There have not been any essential features added that would be useful | to personal usage. | * Hardware compatibility is still not up to par when compared to...

Fedora: fail Mint: fail OpenSuse: fail Ubuntu: fail Windows 7: success Windows Vista: success
"All current Linux versions I've tried with new kernels simply won't install at all, the install fails virtually before it even starts. Ubuntu 9.10 (2.6.31), 10.04, Fedora, Mint, OpenSuse, all fail. Just some CD activity and then they stop with a blank screen. Although Suse gets further, with a screen of coloured blocks. It must be a bug they have introduced in later kernels. My hardware is very standard, although I do see other people have problems with the ASUS P5Q series. Windows 7, Vista needless to say install and work flawlessly. It is enough to put you off Linux alt...

ooRexx, Windows 7 and Windows 8

Difference between Window XP and Windows 7
I recently upgraded my computer from Windows XP (32-bit) to Windows 7 (64-bit), and I am using Matlab R2011a on both machines. I am running a Matlab program on both machines and have noticed some surprisingly large differences in performance between the two. I am running the same program for different sets of data, which consist of 3D points from a laser scanner. For a few sets of data, the program runs in approx. 20 seconds on the XP machine, but produces an Out of Memory error on the Windows 7 machine. For other sets of data, it runs up to 20x slower on the Windows 7 machine (300 sec...

Web resources about - Rexx failure from windows vista to windows 7 - comp.lang.rexx

Respiratory failure - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Respiratory failure is inadequate gas exchange by the respiratory system , with the result that levels of arterial oxygen, carbon dioxide or ...

NHTSA investigating 2013-2014 Ford F-150 brake failures
... , Ford , Truck NHTSA is investigating the 2013 and 2014 Ford F-150 with 3.5-liter engines after receiving over 30 reports of brake failure. ...

Paddy Power's failure to help gambling addict is 'wholly unacceptable' says Christian charity
New legislation is needed to hold the gambling industry to account, CARE said, after bookmaker Paddy Power was found to have encouraged a problem ...

Mosul dam at 'risk of catastrophic failure'
Iraq's Mosul Dam, the country's largest, is facing "unprecedented risk of catastrophic failure with little warning," the U.S. Embassy in Baghdad ...

Regulators Investigating 420,000 Ford Trucks For Brake Failure Issue
After receiving dozens of complaints from consumers about brake failure, federal regulators have opened a probe into 420,000 of Ford’s most popular ...

Morning Joe Pronounces Trump's Failure To Disavow KKK 'Disqualifying'
... base, and willfully ignoring the dangerous movement Trump fuels, MSNBC's Joe Scarborough has suddenly gotten the vapors over Trump's failure ...

Apple’s top lawyer suffers iPad Pro failure at worst possible time
Apple General Counsel Bruce Sewell suffered an iPad disaster during his appearance before the House Judiciary Committee today, and it couldn’t ...

Paul Ryan Slams Donald Trump’s Failure To Denounce David Duke
'They must reject any group or cause that is built on bigotry'

Republicans have a scapegoat for the failure of their 2012 'autopsy.' Surprise, it's Trump!
... electorate. Luckily for Republicans, now that they face a presidential year electorate, they’ve found a scapegoat for the longstanding failure ...

White Whales: A long and miserable list of Final Fantasy failures
For many, the Final Fantasy series is a rich source of cherished memories. Whether it's meeting a doomed flower girl on the neo-futuristic streets ...