REXX using ISPF - area(dynamic) scroll(on) extend(on) Question?

Hi,

I am looking for some SAMPLE rexx code and diaglogue that shows me how
to process an ISPF panel with a dynamic area that validates INPUT
fields withion that area (and potentially update colour settings on
the fly)

I tried to do this via the MODEL lines and TBDISPL but I could n't set
"specific" lines hence the need for the dynamic approach...

Cheers
Jane
comp.lang.rexx 2135 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

You'd be better off on an ISPF forum, as none of this has anything
REXX-specific to it.

Mapping a table into a dynamic area is done the same way any dynamic area is
done, except you now have to do the table manipulation yourself. As a
result, it is probably easier to leave out the tables altogether and just
move the data between the application and the dynamic area yourself -
elimination of the unnecessary intermediary being an obvious simplification.
Sample code for dynamic areas can be found in the ISPF Guide. Most of the
work is attribute-bashing - which you now get to do entirely in your code.
TBDISPL is definitely easier for regular (tabular) data.

On-the-fly status updating during processing remains an excellent way to
ensure your users call you very rude names, so unless that's your aim in
life, you should consider very carefully if you really need to it, and after
releasing your code, spy on your users to learn a new set of nasty words.

"Janeburns" <janeburns33@btopenworld.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I am looking for some SAMPLE rexx code and diaglogue that shows me how
> to process an ISPF panel with a dynamic area that validates INPUT
> fields withion that area (and potentially update colour settings on
> the fly)
>
> I tried to do this via the MODEL lines and TBDISPL but I could n't set
> "specific" lines hence the need for the dynamic approach...
>
> Cheers
> Jane

0
Mark

REXX
Is REXX included with release 5.1? If so, where can I find the reference manual? Yes, REXX has been included with OS/400 for many years. To find the V5R1 manuals go to the V5R1 InfoCenter at http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/iseries/v5r1/ic2924/index.htm. In the navigation bar expand "Programming." Then, expand REXX. Mel Rothman Mel Rothman, Inc. jerry chapman wrote: > Is REXX included with release 5.1? If so, where can I find the reference > manual? > > Take a look at http://istudio400.com/KnowledgeLinks.htm or http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/ HTH Alex "jerry chapman" <jerryc314@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message news:NGnNb.38712$6y6.827693@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net... > Is REXX included with release 5.1? If so, where can I find the reference > manual? > > ...

Using external REXX function libraries with PERL
Is it possible to use external REXX function libraries, written for OOREXX or Regina REXX in the standard SAA interface, with Perl? I thought I had read (somewhere) that Perl supports the standard SAA Rexx external Function interface. ...

Questions, Questions...
Hi! I took the routine from Gastronor.mdb: In the frmOrderDetails -> ITemID_AfterUpdate: Dim strFilter as String strFilter = "ItemID = " & Me!ItemID but it didn't work on win 2000 with access 2000. However, after playing around for a while, I found: Me!UnitPrice = ItemID.Column(2) to work just fine, even after updating prices in the tblItems. Anybody knows why? The routine in win 98/win nt in the footer of frmOrderDetails: =Sum((Price*Amount*(1-[Discount])/100)*100)) didn't either work. After testing and trying I finally discovered that =Sum(Price*Amount*Discount) does the job on win 2000. ???? What is happening? Anybody know if there is a major difference in this thing from win98/win nt to win 2000? (I should maybe say that I'm working only with DAO 3.6) Questions: 1.I have my own four buttons on frmOrders (btnGoToFirst,btnGoToPRevious,btnGoToNext,btnGoToLast). How can I disable them: when user click GoToLast and comes to last order and I wish that btnGoToNext and btnGoToLast should be disabled, and similarly with the first record? Anybody know an article on this? 2.I have two invisible fields on the form. I=chkWritten and II=chkCreditMemo In the cmdWriteCreditMemo I want to check whether I and/or II is checked. Because the user should not be able to print a CreditMemo if either he forgot to print an invoice first, or if he already sendt both invoice and creditmemo to printer. I have been trying: if (Me.chkPrinted.Value=False) AND ...

rexx and excel
How can i put a variable from rexx (downloaded from website) in a cell in excel. --=-t2stxuK5oYDKhzn/IDVD Content-Type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit On s�n, 2009-08-23 at 12:11 +0200, PeCoNe wrote: > How can i put a variable from rexx (downloaded from website) in a cell in > excel. > > If you have downloaded objectRexx (ooRexx) take a look at the OLE sample programs. OLE\APPS\SAMP09.REX Creates a Microsoft Excel sheet, enters some data, and saves it. /dg --=-t2stxuK5oYDKhzn/IDVD Content-Type: text/html; charset="utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 TRANSITIONAL//EN"> <HTML> <HEAD> <META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html; CHARSET=UTF-8"> <META NAME="GENERATOR" CONTENT="GtkHTML/3.26.0"> </HEAD> <BODY> On s&#246;n, 2009-08-23 at 12:11 +0200, PeCoNe wrote: <BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE> <PRE> How can i put a variable from rexx (downloaded from website) in a cell in excel. </PRE> </BLOCKQUOTE> If you have downloaded objectRexx (ooRexx) take a look at the OLE sample programs.<BR> <BR> OLE\APPS\SAMP09.REX<BR> &nbsp;&nbsp; Creates a Microsoft Excel sheet, enters some data, and saves it.<BR> /dg </BODY> </HTML> --=-t2stxuK5oYDKhzn/IDVD-- This is a multi-part message in MIME forma...

Scrolling question
Ok, I'm trying to get a frame to scroll. What I have is a form, a scrollbar and a frame. The frame has a greater height than the form and I'm using the scrollbar to control the scrolling. What I can't seem to figure out is how to set the .Max property of the scrollbar so that it stops scrolling about when the bottom of the frame would appear at the bottom of the form. I tried the following: - Setting .max to the height of the frame minus the height of the form. This makes the frame stop while some of the bottom is still not visible. - Setting .max to the height of the frame. This allows me to scroll the frame almost completely off the top of the form. Here's my code: Private Sub Form_Load() ScrollFrame.Top = 250 ScrollFrame.Left = 250 With VScroll1 .LargeChange = 500 .SmallChange = 10 .Max = ScrollFrame.Height - Form1.Height End With End Sub Private Sub VScroll1_Change() ScrollFrame.Top = Not VScroll1.Value End Sub Private Sub VScroll1_Scroll() ScrollFrame.Top = Not VScroll1.Value End Sub This is driving me nuts! Thanks, * Robinson Try This Private Sub Form_Load() ScrollFrame.Top = 250 ScrollFrame.Left = 250 With VScroll1 .LargeChange = 500 .SmallChange = 10 .Max = ScrollFrame.Height - Form1.Height + 1000 End With End Sub Private Sub VScroll1_Change() ScrollFrame.Top = (0 - VScroll1.Value) + 250 End Sub Private Sub VScroll1_Scroll() ScrollFrame.To...

newbie question: setting a variable from browser using question mark
Hi, I am a newbie. Just installed php server apache under mac os X. myPage.php uses the include function to include someOtherPage1.html and someOtherPage2.html etc. To decide which page to include, a variable $page is used. This variable is set directly in the browser bar like this: http://localhost/myPage.php?page=page1 for instance ... The problem is that when set this way, the variable $page does not actually get any value ! echo "the value of page is $page" only returns: the value of page is This only happens in my local server. On another server (remote), the same code works just perfect. Is there anything I have to set on my local server? Like in php.ini or on apache ? Or is it a php langage problem ? What's the proper way to do it ? Thanks, tirilo "tirilo" <cyrilbiz@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:eb66ad67.0407171705.5c1f1659@posting.google.com... > To decide which page to include, a variable $page is used. This > variable is set directly in the browser bar like this: > http://localhost/myPage.php?page=page1 for instance ... > > The problem is that when set this way, the variable $page does not > actually get any value ! To reference variables in the URL, use the global $_REQUEST array. So in this situation, the way to get the value of the page variable would be $_REQUEST["page"]. If you want to create local variables from all the REQUEST variables, you could do the following: foreach ($_RE...

Question about using AND in WHERE...
If I have a three column table, will call it AvailClasses SchoolName, Subject, NumOfClasses --------------------------------------------------------------- Emil, Biology, 3 Emil, Chemistry, 1 Emil, Calculus, 4 Prestwood, Biology, 2 Prestwood, Chemistry, 4 Prestwood, Calculus, 2 Westhaven, Biology, 1 Westhaven, Chemistry, 2 Westhaven, Calculus, 4 Using this subset of data as an example, I'd like to write a sql query to return the results of all schools that have at least 2 Bilology classes and at at least 4 Calculus classes The query I came up with looks like this... It doesn't work. SELECT SchoolName FROM AvilClasses WHERE (Subject = 'Biology' AND NumOfClasses > 1) AND (Subject = 'Calculus' AND NumOfClasses > 3). The query above results in an empty set... This has already been answered in microsoft.public.sqlserver.programming Do not post same question in multiple forums Madhivanan JDeats wrote: > If I have a three column table, will call it AvailClasses > > SchoolName, Subject, NumOfClasses > --------------------------------------------------------------- > Emil, Biology, 3 > Emil, Chemistry, 1 > Emil, Calculus, 4 > Prestwood, Biology, 2 > Prestwood, Chemistry, 4 > Prestwood, Calculus, 2 > Westhaven, Biology, 1 > Westhaven, Chemistry, 2 > Westhaven, Calculus, 4 > > Using this subset of data as an example, I'd like to write a sql query > to return the results of all schools...

MSSOAP and Rexx
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0018_01C4B291.903F5C10 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I decided to use MSSOAP with Object Rexx. However, when I run the = following program, I get back the xml tags, but no actual data between = the tags. Am I missing something here? Rexx Program:=20 wsdl_url =3D 'http://www.webservicex.net/usweather.asmx?WSDL' zip =3D "30107" SoapClient =3D .OLEObject~New("MSSOAP.SoapClient30") SoapClient~mssoapinit(wsdl_url) xml =3D SOAPClient~GetWeatherReport(zip) Exit =20 Trace: =20 2 *-* wsdl_url =3D 'http://www.webservicex.net/usweather.asmx?WSDL' >L> "http://www.webservicex.net/usweather.asmx?WSDL" >>> "http://www.webservicex.net/usweather.asmx?WSDL" 4 *-* zip =3D "30107" >L> "30107" >>> "30107" 6 *-* SoapClient =3D .OLEObject~New("MSSOAP.SoapClient30") >V> "The OLEOBJECT class" >L> "MSSOAP.SoapClient30" >>> "MSSOAP.SoapClient30" >M> "an OLEOBJECT" >>> "an OLEOBJECT" 7 *-* SoapClient~mssoapinit(wsdl_url) >V> "an OLEOBJECT" >V> "http://www.webservicex.net/usweather.asmx?WSDL" ...

use case diagram question - actor generalization
This is the description of the problem we are trying to model: We have two actors: 1) record owner and 2) administrator A record owner can add records to the system (i.e., the application). A record owner can also update, view, delete those records he/she has added. In other words, they can only manage the records they own. For instance, let's say Peter and Bill are record owners. Peter can only manage those records he owns and cannot do anything with Bill's records. On the other hand, an administrator has access to all records stored in the system. Administrators can manage (add, view, update, delete) any records. We are a little unclear as for the use case diagram... Conceptually speaking we do not see the administrator as a specialized record owner (i.e., we do not see the record owner as a generalization of the administrator actor). Being an administrator does not make you a record owner even though you have access to all the records. So, in our use case diagram we have these two actors, each one referencing the Manage Record Use Case. Should we specify somehow in the use case diagram anything about the data these two actors have rights over? If so, how would this be specified in the diagram? One issue we have is that by looking at the diagram it seems that both actors can perform exactly the same action... which is true but the "data scope" is different... one actor (record owner) can only manage those records he/she owns while the administrator can...

Rexx array problems :(
Im having problems concatenating two values of an array to make one word. The thing is, the ship name varies, it can be 1 - 4 words. I tried to do something like this, but with no luck...maybe you guys can help me out... Sorry about the formatting everything got screwed up after i pasted * Program to manipulate string so we can take out the individual attributes of the a ship in this case the name of the ship is Parnassos Duck 3 its weight is 40907, built in 1864. This data will eventually be entered into a DB. */ string = 'Parnassos Duck 3 (40,907 dwt, CYM, 1984-built) string = TRANSLATE(string) string_length= WORDS(string) DO i = 1 to string_length /* This assigns each word of the string to a place in */ pt.i = WORD(string,i) /* an array */ SAY pt.i END /*********************************************************************/ DO i = 1 to string_length /* Get location of the word DWT, in the array */ temp_pt = pt.i IF temp_pt = "DWT," THEN dwt_index = i END SAY "The word DWT is a...

Dynamic control questions?!!
Dear all, I got one problem when I used the PID control toolkit to obtain the dynamic control response. When, I input the sinusoidal signal to the system under PID control, the frequency for the output signal is 5 times&nbsp;larger than the input. For example, when I input frequency 0.1 Hz, the frequency of the &nbsp;output signal is 0.5 Hz. I do not know why, and the frequency shouldn't be changed. Amplitude and phase may change. the attachment photo is the block diagram and the program files can be running when they are put in the same directory. &nbsp; &nbsp; Thx!! &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; PID dynamic.zip: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/247636/1/PID dynamic.zip aaa.JPG: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/247636/2/aaa.JPG Could you show me the parameters you used? &nbsp; abc-123, &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I just wanted to let you know that we removed the code in your previous post (PID dynamic.zip).&nbsp; This contained your VIs but it also contained&nbsp;some of the VIs from our licensed and purchasable PID toolkit.&nbsp; In our <a href="http://www.ni.com/legal/termsofuse/unitedstates/us/" target="_blank">Terms of Use </a>under Intellectual Property and Your Condict it references posting protected software.&nbsp; These VIs from our toolkit&nbsp;cannot be posted on the forums, but feel free to repost your own code.&nbsp; Thank you! ...

I used dosminix and some questions
I just download a dosminix then unzip and boot minix.mnx used it. It is very easy to use. some questions: 1. why in win98 I must set minix run in 8086 mode? and in dos I can set it in 80686 mode? I think the other way round. 2. what is the real mean of the device name in /dev.(I saw them in soloris)Could someone tell me where to find some information? 3. Can I use the dosminix as a bridge between the minix2.0.0 and the win98 fat file system.You see before I have netcard driver,this maybe the only easy way to get something to minix2.0.0(I have not floppy and CDROM) thanks. Wangzhi <quakewang@yeah.net> wrote: > 1. why in win98 I must set minix run in 8086 mode? and in dos I can > set it in 80686 mode? I think the other way round. I'm not sure of this one... I'll let someone else answer it. > 2. what is the real mean of the device name in /dev.(I saw them in > soloris)Could someone tell me where to find some information? For example, /dev/c0d0p0s0: c0 is the first controller (really driver in the case of Minix), d0 is the first disk controlled by this controller, p0 is the first partition, s0 is the first subpartition. See the controller(4) man page. > 3. Can I use the dosminix as a bridge between the minix2.0.0 and > the win98 fat file system.You see before I have netcard driver,this > maybe the only easy way to get something to minix2.0.0(I have not > floppy and CDROM) Yes, you can do this. If you are using dosminix...

Question Using MSSQL_QUERY
Hi Ive been using PHP to query data from SQL Server using MSSQL_QUERY for a while now, but recently noticed a problem. I have a notes field in the database (varchar 6000) for entering text. When reading out the data with a simple SELECT statement I noticed it would only get 256 characters in the MSSQL_FETCH_ARRAY result. Don't know how I missed this before. Obviously a significant number! I checked the INI file for any settings. The MSSQL.TEXTSIZE and MSSQL.TEXTLIMIT are both set to maximum limits, if this has anything to do with it. Does anyone know how to get round this problem, I have tried all the getting methods I know all of which do the same. Thanks in advance. Gazchurchend wrote: > Hi > > Ive been using PHP to query data from SQL Server using MSSQL_QUERY for > a while now, but recently noticed a problem. I have a notes field in > the database (varchar 6000) for entering text. When reading out the > data with a simple SELECT statement I noticed it would only get 256 > characters in the MSSQL_FETCH_ARRAY result. Don't know how I missed > this before. Obviously a significant number! > I checked the INI file for any settings. The MSSQL.TEXTSIZE and > MSSQL.TEXTLIMIT are both set to maximum limits, if this has anything to > do with it. > > Does anyone know how to get round this problem, I have tried all the > getting methods I know all of which do the same. > > Thanks in advance. Hi, Maybe this helps: [http...

Scroll Bar Question
Is there a way to address the scroll bar on a form, to set its postion, with code? Stephen Lebans has code to, "allow a user to programmatically set the position of a Form's Scrollbar in Continuous Forms or Datasheet view." Details: http://www.lebans.com/SelectRow.htm -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia. Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. "Shyguy" <shyguy@aol.com> wrote in message news:buqqc25f17rq04usoqmon7baur62vr0c2g@4ax.com... > Is there a way to address the scroll bar on a form, to set its > postion, with code? ...

oorexx, rexx and ncurses
Greetings, I'm still quite new to using the REXX language so please forgive my ignorance if you will. I've been studying the language but don't have a lot of practical with it experience yet. I've found a REXX library to ncurses: http://rexxcurses.sourceforge.net/ and I'm wondering if OOREXX is compatible with it. It's my understanding that OOREXX is backwards compatible with REXX but does this extend to library bindings such as ncurses too? I have to create a simple text-based, menu-driven application that will be used on netbooks under LINUX and I think the combination of OOREXX and the ncurses library would be a good fit. I could use REXX I imagine, but I'm liking the OO aspects of OOREXX quite a bit and feel it's the version to go with. Any insight or comment would be appreciated. Thanks it advance. ...

REXX Message 5
OS/2 - eCS Classic REXX I have written a REXX program to search inside all the files on all my drives for combinations of specified strings. Under Classic REXX the program runs to completion. Under OREXX, after several minutes, the program crashes with 'Machine Resources Exhausted'. How can I go about finding out what resource is exhausted? Can garbage collection be forced? -- Gordon Snider Toronto, Canada > Can garbage collection be forced? No. And there's hardly garbage in a CALL CharOut target,CharIn(source,,20000000) which e.g .could split a file in parts of max. 20000000 bytes. It'll fail or it'll at least cause a faillure in the near future. On its own ORexx is the best default CRexx interpreter for OS/2, albeit it's most likely not the right tool for your purposes. Switch back to CRexx, optimize your code (I doubt that's possible) or use tools which are better suited for the job at hand. Typically you cannot avoid this problem, assuming reasonable solutions (like no reboot-and-continue- loop until it's finally done, which would be rather insane). --- On Mon, 24 May 2010 19:34:25 UTC, "Gordon Snider" <no-spam@sympatico.ca> wrote: Hi Gordon, > Under Classic REXX the program runs to completion. Under OREXX, after > several minutes, the program crashes with 'Machine Resources Exhausted'. You may or may not be able to avoid this by reworking your code. > How can I go about fi...

Question on Use Cases
Folks : I am working on defining use cases for my system. a) There are specific actors for the application who shall be reveiwing information, entering information etc. I have identified them already. b) However, I also have cases where the system itself shall be initiating events (like timed events or in response to an external stimulus) to process data and send it across to another actor. Hence, I am curious if the Use Case diagram that I am working on can/ should contain my system itself as an actor. This will allow me to depict action on the use cases I am trying to depict for b) above. Otherwise, I am not sure if I can have a standalone usecase defined that may not be acted upon but shall send information to another actor. Please advice what is the right approach here. Thanks in advance, Cyclone. Yes, the system can be an actor in a use case. "Cyclone" <pawan.g@gmail.com> wrote in message = news:1178232880.373599.37090@p77g2000hsh.googlegroups.com... > Folks : >=20 > I am working on defining use cases for my system. >=20 > a) There are specific actors for the application who shall be > reveiwing information, entering information etc. I have identified > them already. >=20 > b) However, I also have cases where the system itself shall be > initiating events (like timed events or in response to an external > stimulus) to process data and send it across to another actor. >=20 > Hence, I am curious if the Use Cas...

Use of extended mode
Some months ago, in response to my request for more information on the extended mode architecture, a kind soul pointed me to the XPA Instruction Processor programming reference manual. I have been slowly working my way through that document. While I think I understand what it says in describing the hardware, I have several questions on how the existing software uses the hardware facilities provided. Of course, this is not covered in what is essentially a hardware manual. Please note that I have never used a system that has extended mode, nor looked at an Exec listing since about late level 37, so please be gentle with me. :-) 1. Was the Exec structure itself modified to take advantage of this architecture? It seems that the whole need for much of the function controller goes away if the segments get turned into pagable chunks, which probably simplifies the internal structure significantly, though it does mean having to handle page faults within the Exec. Similarly, I presume that the Exec data structures were "split up" so that they could be based on different descriptors; resident D bank on one, Expool on another, etc. Is this right? It seems with the plethora of descriptors, more "splitting up" could be done. Was it? How does Exec use the multiple descriptors newly available? 2. For a simple COBOL or Fortran program, no database stuff, etc., how is the program laid out to take advantage of extended mode? It seems th...

REXX 5 Message
Sorry for the double post. I posted them through aioe.org but no postings are showing up there. I have to read your replies through google.groups. I have no posting account there. Here is the code. There were no changes to the code between runs on Classic and OREXX. Suggestions for optimisation? /* GOOG REXX CMD by Gord Snider v1.05 2010/05/09 */ /*�0001�*/ /* PURPOSE: To search for files containing specified strings. The files /*�0002�*/ selected are determined by a Boolean expression relating the strings. /*�0003�*/ SYNTAX: GOOG "'string1'[ op 'string2'[ ...]]" [/T.xxx [...]] [/Oz:xx] [/S] /*�0004�*/ of which only string1 is required. The rest, up to 6 strings, may be used as /*�0005�*/ needed. Each string is a literal string, surrounded by single quotes, that is /*�0006�*/ to be searched for in each file. /*�0007�*/ 'op' is a Boolean operator, | = or, & = and, && = exclusive or. /*�0008�*/ Parentheses may be used to group strings. /*�0009�*/ \ = not, may be used to flip TRUE to FALSE, or FALSE to TRUE, before a leading /*�0010�*/ single quote or before a l...

Question about Lion and Scrolling
Hi. I haven't used Lion but I read that Lion changes how using a mouse to scroll works. When you drag your mouse downward, windows will scroll upward, and when you drag upward, windows scroll downward. Basically, it’s the opposite of what it's always been. Is this true? If it is, are there settings in Lion to make scrolling work the "old" way? Skylamar <nothingtoseehere@movealong.net> wrote: > Hi. I haven't used Lion but I read that Lion changes how using a mouse > to scroll works. When you drag your mouse downward, windows will scroll > upward, and when you drag upward, windows scroll downward. Basically, > it?s the opposite of what it's always been. Is this true? If it is, > are there settings in Lion to make scrolling work the "old" way? Nobody who has the answers you are looking for is allowed to say anything. Ask again in July. Or Google for leaked rumours. -- K. Lang may your lum reek. In article <isqpml$pkf$1@dont-email.me>, Kir�ly <me@home.spamsucks.ca> wrote: > > Hi. I haven't used Lion but I read that Lion changes how using a mouse > > to scroll works. When you drag your mouse downward, windows will scroll > > upward, and when you drag upward, windows scroll downward. Basically, > > it?s the opposite of what it's always been. Is this true? If it is, > > are there settings in Lion to make scrolling work the "old" way? > &g...

REXX/SQL #2
I'm writing some REXX (Object REXX) utilities under WinXP that needs to get data from DB2 (DB2 Express-C also under WinXP, the same PC). I downloaded Rexx/SQL package (rxsql26B3_my_w32_ooRexx.zip). Running one of the sample it fails with the message "Failed to load external library "libmysql": LoadLibrary() failed:" Is it a known problem? or if it's not the right package for Object REXX, where can I found an Object REXX extention to interface to DB2? Mario In <j6jka6$tj3$1@tdi.cu.mi.it>, on 10/06/2011 at 09:11 AM, pg <picanog@yahoo.it> said: >I downloaded Rexx/SQL package (rxsql26B3_my_w32_ooRexx.zip). That name suggests that it's only for mySQL. What does the documentation say? >Running one of the sample it fails with the message "Failed to load >external library "libmysql": LoadLibrary() failed:" That suggests that it doesn't support DB2. >Is it a known problem? or if it's not the right package for Object >REXX, It's probably the right package to use mySQL from OOREXX; it's probably not the right package to use DB2. -- Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz, SysProg and JOAT <http://patriot.net/~shmuel> Unsolicited bulk E-mail subject to legal action. I reserve the right to publicly post or ridicule any abusive E-mail. Reply to domain Patriot dot net user shmuel+news to contact me. Do not reply to spamtrap@library.lspace.org I have been successful at getting ooRexx ...

Clearing the REXX display
Hi I would like to know if there's an easy way to clear the REXX display so that when I start a new script the user will not see any of the output from the previous script. Thanks Elliot ...

Simple question regarding the use of ;
Hello, I have been doing some microprocessor programming, and I have run into some variations in the way people use the semi-colon. Please tell me the difference between these two statements. 1. while(1) { value = read_adc(1); } 2. while(1) { value = read_adc(1); }; Is the semi-colon on statement 2 doing anything? The code seems to run the same both ways. I just don't understand the purpose of using a semi-colon where this is no statement. Please explain. thanks, Andy Andrew wrote: > Hello, > I have been doing some microprocessor programming, and I have run into > some variations in the way people use the semi-colon. Please tell me > the difference between these two statements. > > 1. while(1) > { > value = read_adc(1); > } > > 2. while(1) > { > value = read_adc(1); > }; > > Is the semi-colon on statement 2 doing anything? No. The semicolon after the loop is referred to as an "empty statement". > The code seems to > run the same both ways. I just don't understand the purpose of using > a semi-colon where this is no statement. Please explain. The extra semicolon mostly looks like an inconsequential typographical error. -- pete pete wrote: > Andrew wrote: >> Hello, >> I have been doing some microprocessor programming, and I have run into >> some variations in the way people use the semi-colon. Please tell me >>...

Date(I) in Open Object Rexx
I've always wished that Open Object Rexx would add "I" for "ISO" to the date() BIF date format options. Assuming that it hasn't done so yet, I wrote my own date() function, which basically is this: ::Routine date public If arg(1) = 'I' then return 'DATE'('S',,,'-') If arg(1,'E') then return 'DATE'(arg(1)) Return 'DATE'() Of course, this supports only calls to read the date, not the ones that manipulate the date. My actual routine supports manipulation, so is corresponding more complex than the one above. The trick that I've used above depends utterly on the fact that calling 'DATE'() will use the BIF whist calling 'date'() will call my public routine. As long as any letter in 'DATE' is changed to lower case, the public routine will be called in preference to the BIF. If this behaviour were ever changed, my 'date'() routine would go into an endless loop... so: Is this behaviour in the specifications? If not, is it documented anywhere? If not, can I rely upon this sneaky trick, at least until 'DATE'('I') is implemented? Please forgive me if we've been over this issue in the past; my brain is the least reliable storage mechanism that I use (apart from a hard drive which failed catastrophically a few years ago; let's hope nothing similar lies in the brain's future) -- Steve Swift http://www.swiftys.org.uk/swifty.html http:/...

Rexx/curl PROXYAUTH option
--____ZBNIOIPGBJBYBLBBGYJY____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable When trying this code snippet Call CurlSetopt curl, 'PROXYAUTH','AUTHNTLM' Say 'RexxCURL error:' curlerror.intcode '-' curlerror.interrm The error response is RexxCURL error: -3 - REXX/CURL-03: Invalid Option I tried 'AUTHBASIC' as well but received the same response. The PROXY, = PROXYTYPE and PROXYUSERPWD options do not return errors. When I tried = typing garbage in place of 'PROXYAUTH' I received the same 'Invalid = Option' error, which says to me that CurlSetOpt has a bug somewhere? Any ideas? TIA - Godfrey --____ZBNIOIPGBJBYBLBBGYJY____ Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="____EQUYEIJFYWKNBMHLEMTB____" --____EQUYEIJFYWKNBMHLEMTB____ Content-Type: text/html; charset=windows-1252 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <HTML><HEAD> <META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; charset=3Diso-8859-1"= > <META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2900.2802" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD> <BODY style=3D"MARGIN: 4px 4px 1px; FONT: 10pt Tahoma"> <DIV>When trying this code snippet</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>Call CurlSetopt curl, 'PROXYAUTH','AUTHNTLM'</DIV> <DIV>Say 'RexxCURL error:' curlerror.intcode '-' curlerror.interrm<BR></DIV...