a good guide to ruby-tcl\tk

Hi,

is there a good guide to ruby-tcl\tk online?
I found some sites for perl, but really do not like the idea of learning
perl to code ruby :-)

greetings, BXS
0
bxs (15)

Boris \"BXS\" Schulz wrote:

> Hi,
>
> is there a good guide to ruby-tcl\tk online?
> I found some sites for perl, but really do not like the idea of
> learning perl to code ruby :-)
>
> greetings, BXS

ironic but the best guide to ruby-tcl\tk online IMO .... is the perl/tk guide (so far)

On Fri, 16 Apr 2004, Boris "BXS" Schulz wrote:

> Hi,
>
> is there a good guide to ruby-tcl\tk online?  I found some sites for perl,
> but really do not like the idea of learning perl to code ruby :-)

* read the perl tk book - it really is useful
* read all the online tutorials (google for them, there are 4 or 5)
* fire up the demos and read the source
* post further questions to this group

as i program i keep the demos open and this page too

  http://www.tcl.tk/man/tcl8.4/TkCmd/contents.htm

the ruby/tk lib is rather complete - if you find something here it's in the
ruby - just post if you can't figure out where...

using this approach i was able to create a fairly sophisticated ruby-tk app
having never programed perl-tk or tcl-tk or ruby-tk

sounds worse than it is - trust me!

-a
| PHONE   :: 303.497.6469
| URL     :: http://www.ngdc.noaa.gov/stp/
| TRY     :: for l in ruby perl;do $l -e "print \"\x3a\x2d\x29\x0a\"";done

ahoward5581 (176)
4/16/2004 5:53:07 PM
In article <c5p58i$uq2$1@news2.rz.uni-karlsruhe.de>,
Boris \"BXS\" Schulz <bxs@hadiko.de> wrote:
>Hi,
>
>is there a good guide to ruby-tcl\tk online?
>I found some sites for perl, but really do not like the idea of learning
>perl to code ruby :-)

There's a pretty good Ruby/Tk tutorial here:
http://httpd.chello.nl/k.vangelder/ruby/learntk/

There's a Ruby/Tk FAQ here:
http://www.approximity.com/ruby/rubytk.html

There are some Ruby/Tk demos here:
http://www.havenrock.com/developer/ruby-tk/

Finally, there is a chapter on Tk in the Pickaxe book:
http://www.rubycentral.com/book/ext_tk.html

Phil

0
ptkwt (713)

thanks to you all. Being more of the lazy type, I will first try to use
the ruby links and then have a look at the perl stuff :-)

greetings, BXS
0
bxs (15)

From: ptkwt@aracnet.com (Phil Tomson)
Subject: Re: a good guide to ruby-tcl\tk
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2004 03:54:11 +0900
> There are some Ruby/Tk demos here:
> http://www.havenrock.com/developer/ruby-tk/

The latest version of demos are included in the Ruby source archive.
Please see under the directory '(ruby source dir)/ext/tk/sample/'.
--
                                  Hidetoshi NAGAI (nagai@ai.kyutech.ac.jp)

0
nagai (573)