Best way to go about embedding ruby in C application

Hello, I'm a first-time poster and new to ruby, but an experienced C programmer.

A friend of mine is developing a game engine in C, and I was thinking of adding ruby scripting capabilities to this engine.  However, I'm not sure what is the best way to go about doing this, so I have a few questions.

1. Should I use standard ruby or mruby?
2. If I use mruby, is there any way to include libraries?  I have heard that requiring files is not supported in mruby.
3. What would be the best way to manage development dependencies on whichever ruby implementation I pick?

Thanks
0
kfjwheeler

Am 13.11.2016 um 06:54 schrieb kfjwheeler@gmail.com:
> 1. Should I use standard ruby or mruby?

It's easy to use standard ruby, so there is no need to deal
with limitations of mruby.

> 2. If I use mruby, is there any way to include libraries?  I have heard that requiring files is not supported in mruby.

Embedding standard ruby provides the needed functionality.

> 3. What would be the best way to manage development dependencies on whichever ruby implementation I pick?

Which dependencies?

0
Michael