Hpricot innerTEXT?

Hi

I'm using hpricot to parse the following file.

<item
rdf:about="http://del.icio.us/url/50666d1a3fe2b942b20819ec2919d2b7#morwyn">
<title>[from morwyn] * HTML for the Conceptually Challenged</title>
<link>http://del.icio.us/url/50666d1a3fe2b942b20819ec2919d2b7#morwyn</link>
<description>HTML for the Conceptually Challenged. Very basic tutorial,
plainly worded for people who hate to read instructions.</description>
<dc:creator>morwyn</dc:creator>
<dc:date>2006-10-10T07:28:28Z</dc:date>
<dc:subject>html imported webpagedesign</dc:subject>
<taxo:topics>
  <rdf:Bag>
    <rdf:li resource="http://del.icio.us/tag/imported" />
    <rdf:li resource="http://del.icio.us/tag/html" />
    <rdf:li resource="http://del.icio.us/tag/webpagedesign" />
  </rdf:Bag>
</taxo:topics>
</item>

I'm trying to get the content from <dc:subject> like this

doc = Hpricot.parse(File.read("965.xhtml"))

(doc/"item").each do |t|

  puts (t/"dc:subject").innerTEXT

 end

but I got

<dc:subject>html internet tutorial web</dc:subject>

while I only need "html internet tutorial web"

Anyone knows what's the right function to call?

THanks

abonchen (6)

On Apr 13, 10:11 am, Bontina Chen <abonc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I'm using hpricot to parse the following file.
>
> <item
> rdf:about="http://del.icio.us/url/50666d1a3fe2b942b20819ec2919d2b7#morwyn">
> <title>[from morwyn] * HTML for the Conceptually Challenged</title>
> <link>http://del.icio.us/url/50666d1a3fe2b942b20819ec2919d2b7#morwyn</link>
> <description>HTML for the Conceptually Challenged. Very basic tutorial,
> plainly worded for people who hate to read instructions.</description>
> <dc:creator>morwyn</dc:creator>
> <dc:date>2006-10-10T07:28:28Z</dc:date>
> <dc:subject>html imported webpagedesign</dc:subject>
> <taxo:topics>
>   <rdf:Bag>
>     <rdf:li resource="http://del.icio.us/tag/imported" />
>     <rdf:li resource="http://del.icio.us/tag/html" />
>     <rdf:li resource="http://del.icio.us/tag/webpagedesign" />
>   </rdf:Bag>
> </taxo:topics>
> </item>
>
> I'm trying to get the content from <dc:subject> like this
>
> doc = Hpricot.parse(File.read("965.xhtml"))
>
> (doc/"item").each do |t|
>
>   puts (t/"dc:subject").innerTEXT
>
>  end
>
> but I got
>
> <dc:subject>html internet tutorial web</dc:subject>
>
> while I only need "html internet tutorial web"
>
> Anyone knows what's the right function to call?
>
> THanks
>
> --

replace innerTEXT by inner_html:

(doc/"item").each do |t|
   puts (t/"dc:subject").inner_html
end

regards
Lionel

Lionel Orry wrote:
> On Apr 13, 10:11 am, Bontina Chen <abonc...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> <dc:creator>morwyn</dc:creator>
>>
>> but I got
>> Posted viahttp://www.ruby-forum.com/.
> replace innerTEXT by inner_html:
>
> (doc/"item").each do |t|
>    puts (t/"dc:subject").inner_html
> end
>
> regards
> Lionel

Thx for your response , but I still get
<dc:subject>html internet tutorial web</dc:subject>

abonchen (6)
4/13/2007 10:10:19 AM
On Apr 13, 12:10 pm, Bontina Chen <abonc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Lionel Orry wrote:
> > On Apr 13, 10:11 am, Bontina Chen <abonc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> <dc:creator>morwyn</dc:creator>
>
> >> but I got
> >> Posted viahttp://www.ruby-forum.com/.
> > replace innerTEXT by inner_html:
>
> > (doc/"item").each do |t|
> >    puts (t/"dc:subject").inner_html
> > end
>
> > regards
> > Lionel
>
> Thx for your response , but I still get
> <dc:subject>html internet tutorial web</dc:subject>
>
> --

In fact, inner_text works as well. But you should have a look at the
warnings from ruby! The inner_text or inner_html function is applied
to 'puts (t/"dc:subject")' return object, which is nil.
So a warning appears:
rdf.rb:6: undefined method `inner_html' for nil:NilClass
(NoMethodError)

but 'puts (t/"dc:subject")' is executed, and so '<dc:subject>html
internet tutorial web</dc:subject>' is displayed anyway. Therefore I
recommend using a few parentheses there:

puts((t/"dc:subject").inner_text)

and it should work well this time.

Next time, look at the warnings!!! ;)

regards
Lionel

On Fri, Apr 13, 2007 at 08:45:08PM +0900, chickenkiller wrote:
> On Apr 13, 12:10 pm, Bontina Chen <abonc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Lionel Orry wrote:

> > > replace innerTEXT by inner_html:
> >
> > > (doc/"item").each do |t|
> > >    puts (t/"dc:subject").inner_html
> > > end
> >
> > > regards
> > > Lionel
> >
> > Thx for your response , but I still get
> > <dc:subject>html internet tutorial web</dc:subject>
> >
> > --
>
> In fact, inner_text works as well. But you should have a look at the
> warnings from ruby! The inner_text or inner_html function is applied
> to 'puts (t/"dc:subject")' return object, which is nil.
> So a warning appears:
> rdf.rb:6: undefined method `inner_html' for nil:NilClass
> (NoMethodError)

That's not a warning, that's an exception, and the program will terminate at
that point. The OP didn't mention any errors.

> but 'puts (t/"dc:subject")' is executed, and so '<dc:subject>html
> internet tutorial web</dc:subject>' is displayed anyway. Therefore I
> recommend using a few parentheses there:
>
> puts((t/"dc:subject").inner_text)
>
> and it should work well this time.
>
> Next time, look at the warnings!!! ;)

Good point, but it was OK the way he wrote it, with a space after puts.

irb(main):003:0> p (1+3).to_s
"4"
=> nil
irb(main):004:0> p(1+3).to_s
4
=> ""

In the first case, this is   p( (1+3).to_s )

In the second case, this is  ( p(1+3) ).to_s   # i.e. nil.to_s

0
b.candler (2627)
4/13/2007 11:53:50 AM
On Apr 13, 1:53 pm, Brian Candler <B.Cand...@pobox.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 13, 2007 at 08:45:08PM +0900, chickenkiller wrote:

> > > Thx for your response , but I still get
> > > <dc:subject>html internet tutorial web</dc:subject>
>
> > > --
>
> > In fact, inner_text works as well. But you should have a look at the
> > warnings from ruby! The inner_text or inner_html function is applied
> > to 'puts (t/"dc:subject")' return object, which is nil.
> > So a warning appears:
> > rdf.rb:6: undefined method `inner_html' for nil:NilClass
> > (NoMethodError)
>
> That's not a warning, that's an exception, and the program will terminate at
> that point. The OP didn't mention any errors.

Indeed I use the term 'warning' VERY abusively - I apologize for this.
This is an exception and nothing else.

> > but 'puts (t/"dc:subject")' is executed, and so '<dc:subject>html
> > internet tutorial web</dc:subject>' is displayed anyway. Therefore I
> > recommend using a few parentheses there:
>
> > puts((t/"dc:subject").inner_text)
>
> > and it should work well this time.
>
> > Next time, look at the warnings!!! ;)
>
> Good point, but it was OK the way he wrote it, with a space after puts.
>
> irb(main):003:0> p (1+3).to_s
> "4"
> => nil
> irb(main):004:0> p(1+3).to_s
> 4
> => ""
>
> In the first case, this is   p( (1+3).to_s )
>
> In the second case, this is  ( p(1+3) ).to_s   # i.e. nil.to_s

mmmh... interesting... It seems that the problem arises when in a
block:

# output text in comments...
require 'hpricot'

doc = Hpricot(File.open("rdf.xhtml"))

puts (doc/"item"/"dc:subject").inner_text
# html imported webpagedesign

(doc/"item").each do |t|
   puts((t/"dc:subject").inner_text)
end
# html imported webpagedesign

(doc/"item").each do |t|
   puts (t/"dc:subject").inner_text
end
# <dc:subject>html imported webpagedesign</dc:subject>
# rdf.rb:12: warning: don't put space before argument parentheses
# rdf.rb:12: undefined method `inner_text' for nil:NilClass
(NoMethodError)
# from rdf.rb:11:in `each'
# from rdf.rb:11

I am wondering where the difference is between the two last blocks.
Any ideas?

Lionel

On Fri, Apr 13, 2007 at 10:40:05PM +0900, chickenkiller wrote:
> doc = Hpricot(File.open("rdf.xhtml"))
>
> puts (doc/"item"/"dc:subject").inner_text
> # html imported webpagedesign
>
> (doc/"item").each do |t|
>    puts((t/"dc:subject").inner_text)
> end
> # html imported webpagedesign
>
> (doc/"item").each do |t|
>    puts (t/"dc:subject").inner_text
> end
> # <dc:subject>html imported webpagedesign</dc:subject>
> # rdf.rb:12: warning: don't put space before argument parentheses
> # rdf.rb:12: undefined method `inner_text' for nil:NilClass
> (NoMethodError)
> # from rdf.rb:11:in `each'
> # from rdf.rb:11
>
> I am wondering where the difference is between the two last blocks.
> Any ideas?

Hmm, looks like this should be something that can be replicated without
hpricot.

$ cat x.rb
x = 3
puts (x-5).abs

1.times do
  puts (x-5).abs
end
$ ruby -v
ruby 1.8.4 (2005-12-24) [i486-linux]
$ ruby x.rb
x.rb:5: warning: don't put space before argument parentheses
2
-2
x.rb:5: undefined method `abs' for nil:NilClass (NoMethodError)
        from x.rb:4
$

Congratulations, I think you've found a bug in the parser :-) I'll post this
example to ruby-core.

Regards,

Brian.

0
b.candler (2627)
4/13/2007 1:48:59 PM
On Apr 13, 3:48 pm, Brian Candler <B.Cand...@pobox.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 13, 2007 at 10:40:05PM +0900, chickenkiller wrote:
> > doc = Hpricot(File.open("rdf.xhtml"))
>
> > puts (doc/"item"/"dc:subject").inner_text
> > # html imported webpagedesign
>
> > (doc/"item").each do |t|
> >    puts((t/"dc:subject").inner_text)
> > end
> > # html imported webpagedesign
>
> > (doc/"item").each do |t|
> >    puts (t/"dc:subject").inner_text
> > end
> > # <dc:subject>html imported webpagedesign</dc:subject>
> > # rdf.rb:12: warning: don't put space before argument parentheses
> > # rdf.rb:12: undefined method `inner_text' for nil:NilClass
> > (NoMethodError)
> > # from rdf.rb:11:in `each'
> > # from rdf.rb:11
>
> > I am wondering where the difference is between the two last blocks.
> > Any ideas?
>
> Hmm, looks like this should be something that can be replicated without
> hpricot.
>
> $ cat x.rb
> x = 3
> puts (x-5).abs
>
> 1.times do
>   puts (x-5).abs
> end
> $ ruby -v
> ruby 1.8.4 (2005-12-24) [i486-linux]
> $ ruby x.rb
> x.rb:5: warning: don't put space before argument parentheses
> 2
> -2
> x.rb:5: undefined method `abs' for nil:NilClass (NoMethodError)
>         from x.rb:4
> $
>
> Congratulations, I think you've found a bug in the parser :-) I'll post this
> example to ruby-core.
>
> Regards,
>
> Brian.

Thanks for your help. I have the same output with this version:

regards,
Lionel

On Apr 13, 2007, at 10:48 PM, Brian Candler wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 13, 2007 at 10:40:05PM +0900, chickenkiller wrote:
>> doc = Hpricot(File.open("rdf.xhtml"))
>>
>> puts (doc/"item"/"dc:subject").inner_text
>> # html imported webpagedesign
>>
>> (doc/"item").each do |t|
>>    puts((t/"dc:subject").inner_text)
>> end
>> # html imported webpagedesign
>>
>> (doc/"item").each do |t|
>>    puts (t/"dc:subject").inner_text
>> end
>> # <dc:subject>html imported webpagedesign</dc:subject>
>> # rdf.rb:12: warning: don't put space before argument parentheses
>> # rdf.rb:12: undefined method `inner_text' for nil:NilClass
>> (NoMethodError)
>> # from rdf.rb:11:in `each'
>> # from rdf.rb:11
>>
>> I am wondering where the difference is between the two last blocks.
>> Any ideas?
>
> Hmm, looks like this should be something that can be replicated
> without
> hpricot.
>
> $ cat x.rb
> x = 3
> puts (x-5).abs
>
> 1.times do
>   puts (x-5).abs
> end
> $ ruby -v
> ruby 1.8.4 (2005-12-24) [i486-linux]
> $ ruby x.rb
> x.rb:5: warning: don't put space before argument parentheses
> 2
> -2
> x.rb:5: undefined method `abs' for nil:NilClass (NoMethodError)
>         from x.rb:4
> $
>
> Congratulations, I think you've found a bug in the parser :-) I'll
> post this
> example to ruby-core.
>
> Regards,
>
> Brian.

Inside the do-end or {} block, use this:
puts((x - 5).abs)
It is more explicit, but correct and works.

so,

will work as
(doc/"item").each do |t|
	puts((t/"dc:subject").inner_html
end

I prefer this version for the initial problem:

irb(main):045:0> elements = doc.search('dc:subject/text()')
=> #<Hpricot::Elements["html imported webpagedesign"]>

irb(main):048:0> elements.first.to_s
=> "html imported webpagedesign"
irb(main):049:0> elements.first.parent
=> {elem <dc:subject> "html imported webpagedesign" </dc:subject>}

flo1 (166)

the power of Ruby and #ruby-lang
Two days ago, I mentioned I'd like to be able to read .dbf files. Yesterday, I mentioned it again. One of the replies I got was essentially "it's easier than you think, just build it. here's a link to the specs. I've written an xBase interface before, and I'll help you if you get stuck." That said, I looked. 24 hrs later, I now have a tool that will open and read .dbf files - including memos. It can't write them yet, but I've spec'd that out, and have the basics done (and tested). When I started this, I knew nothing about the xBase file specs, ...

ruby-talk-ctl@ruby-lang.org
unsubscribe =2D-=20 I=C3=B1aki Baz Castillo <ibc@aliax.net> RTFM! Iñaki Baz Castillo wrote: > unsubscribe I think it was just a copy and paste error, nothing to shout about... Regards Florian Am 19.11.2009 um 16:18 schrieb Marc Dominik Migge: > RTFM! > > I=F1aki Baz Castillo wrote: >> unsubscribe > > ...

Ruby before Ruby ???

ruby-lang down?
Hi, It appears that ruby-lang.org is down. Anyone looking into this? Thanks, Dan It worked for me at 10:53 pm PST. Will On 1/2/06, Daniel Berger <djberg96@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > > It appears that ruby-lang.org is down. Anyone looking into this? > > Thanks, > > Dan > > > -- Will Shattuck ( willshattuck.at.gmail.com ) Home Page: http://www.thewholeclan.com/will When you get to your wit's end, you'll find God lives there. ...

removing Ruby success stories page from Ruby-lang.org
The list of ruby success stories page in ruby-lang.org is really lame. compared to python success stories link this looks very weak. i think this should be removed till the list looks a bit more impressive Hi -- On Sat, 6 Jan 2007, Rahul wrote: > > The list of ruby success stories page in ruby-lang.org is really lame. > > compared to python success stories link this looks very weak. > > i think this should be removed till the list looks a bit more impressive It's supposed to be informative, not impressive. Perhaps people can report their success stories and the page can be updated. David -- Q. What is THE Ruby book for Rails developers? A. RUBY FOR RAILS by David A. Black (http://www.manning.com/black) (See what readers are saying! http://www.rubypal.com/r4rrevs.pdf) Q. Where can I get Ruby/Rails on-site training, consulting, coaching? A. Ruby Power and Light, LLC (http://www.rubypal.com) On 1/5/07, Rahul <vrahul@gmail.com> wrote: > > The list of ruby success stories page in ruby-lang.org is really lame. > > compared to python success stories link this looks very weak. > > i think this should be removed till the list looks a bit more impressive What would make it more impressive? I think this is a very subjective topic, and I think comparisons between other languages are an insufficient metric for determining whether the resource is helpful or not. Notable stories that should be added that I'm aware ...

offline Ruby class and library reference from www.ruby-lang.org?
Hi I am not very often online. But I am a frequently user of Ruby class and library reference. Is there any zip package for the whole reference that I can download and use it offline? Thanks ngoc ruby-doc.org has the goods, see http://www.ruby-doc.org/downloads ChrisH wrote: > ruby-doc.org has the goods, see > http://www.ruby-doc.org/downloads > But none of links from http://www.ruby-doc.org/downloads are as user easily(friendly) as the one in "reference link" from www.ruby-lang.org. I can see all in one page from the "reference link". The best one is &qu...

Tk Ruby / Fx Ruby / Wx Ruby
I have looked at these three GUI's for Ruby, and would like to know which the community feels is the better of these three (or is there a better one that I haven't listed). I am building small applications with UI's that are not too complicated, and wrapping the apps into exe files with rubyscript2exe. I like the smaller size of the final product when using Tk, but the native look of Fx and Wx. What has been your experience with GUI toolkits for Ruby? Jayson Jayson Williams wrote: > I have looked at these three GUI's for Ruby, and would like to know > which the communi...

The Last Goodbye for #ruby-lang
Hello Ruby Friends, I've had a really great time hanging out with you folks, and think some of the best goodies are coming out of this camp. While everyone else is out trying to make money I find Ruby people try to make money by still doing what they love. It's a real joy writing free stuff for you all as I really feel like people here appreciate what I create. Alas, nothing is permanent. After much thought on the matter, I've decided that I'll not be attending the #ruby-lang IRC channel anymore. I enjoy chatting with all of you, but I feel my time is better spent writing ...

Frappr! map for ruby-lang
Hi, I created a ruby-lang frappr! map: http://www.frappr.com/rubylang Hopefully this can help with locating ruby neighbors as well as organizing groups/conferences/jobs. Contact me about any admin questions. Thanks, DCC Great initiative! On 11/26/05, daniel cremer <daniel@danielcremer.com> wrote: > I created a ruby-lang frappr! map: > > http://www.frappr.com/rubylang > Very interesting.. and cool. -- Simon Strandgaard ------=_Part_18703_14664235.1133113891212 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Content-Disposition: inline Rails community already have Frappr for a long time. Check this out http://www.frappr.com/rails I think each Rails developer also could call himself Ruby developer. So ruby_frappr +=3D rails_frappr On 11/27/05, Simon Strandgaard <neoneye@gmail.com> wrote: > > On 11/26/05, daniel cremer <daniel@danielcremer.com> wrote: > > I created a ruby-lang frappr! map: > > > > http://www.frappr.com/rubylang > > > > Very interesting.. and cool. > > -- > Simon Strandgaard > > -- anatol (http://pomozov.info) ------=_Part_18703_14664235.1133113891212-- Anatol Pomozov <anatol.pomozov@gmail.com> writes: > I think each Rails developer also could call himself Ruby developer. So > ruby_frappr += rails_frappr Uh. > anatol (http://pomozov.info) -- Christian Neukirchen <chneukirchen@gmail.com> http:/...

Ruby-Lang Redesign Feedback
At about 4 this afternoon we are going to commence discussion of the Ruby-Lang redesign on the vit-discuss mailing-list: http://rubyforge.org/mailman/listinfo/vit-discuss This won't be a nit-picking session, but we are looking for feedback about the content of the new Web site. If you want to participate, subscribe to the list above. Please DO NOT respond to this e-mail message with suggestions for the new Web site. We would like to monitor feedback in one location (the vit-discuss mailing list). If you haven't seen the new design already, you might enjoy browsing through it here: http://new.ruby-lang.org/ -- John Long for the Ruby Visual Identity Team John W. Long wrote: > At about 4 this afternoon we are going to commence discussion of the > Ruby-Lang redesign on the vit-discuss mailing-list: > > http://rubyforge.org/mailman/listinfo/vit-discuss 4...in what timezone? 0400 GMT? Phrogz wrote: > John W. Long wrote: >> At about 4 this afternoon we are going to commence discussion of the >> Ruby-Lang redesign on the vit-discuss mailing-list: >> >> http://rubyforge.org/mailman/listinfo/vit-discuss > > 4...in what timezone? 0400 GMT? Good question. Eastern. -- John Long http://wiseheartdesign.com http://radiantcms.org On 8/24/06, Phrogz <gavin@refinery.com> wrote: > John W. Long wrote: > > At about 4 this afternoon we are going to commence discussion of the > > Ruby-Lang redesign on th...

bad for Ruby in RUBY
...in the topic today Ruby in Ruby....talk about a hacking game using Ruby.... ****DANGER***** while a laud the game engine effort...BUT...to us business types trying to integrate this beautiful language swimming against NIH (not invented Here Syndrome) and MANY other prejudices....ANYthing the smells of Hack-idom will end any crusade for this language... and i refer also to the movie Mattew Broaderik's WAR GAMES.... -- Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com/. Dave Rose wrote: > prejudices....ANYthing the smells of Hack-idom will end any crusade for > this language... and i ...

Ruby within Ruby
The following is a description of my situation. You may not need to read it, in which case, just skip to the part where it says "Enough of that," but you probably will need to read this. I am trying to make an online text based "hacking" game. Like, the kind where you infiltrate other people's computers and destroy their stuff. Basically, the game will be like a mud, but P2P, since I don't have/want to maintain a server for that kind of stuff. The game engine will be stored locally on the players computer. During distribution, I will use Ruby2Exe or similar ...

ftp.ruby-lang.org question
Hi all, Is the contrib folder gone from ftp.ruby-lang.org? I haven't been paying attention, but it seems the Interbase package used to be there. The RAA has the download listed as ftp://ftp.ruby-lang.org/pub/ruby/contrib/interbase-0.03.tar.gz, but it doesn't appear to be there any more. Any ideas? And where can one grab the interbase package these days? Regards, Dan ...

ruby 1.9 + hpricot + merb
Has anybody had success getting the following to work with 1.9? hpricot merb ? esp. on Mac OS X Thanks! -R -- Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com/. Roger Pack wrote: > Has anybody had success getting the following to work with 1.9? > hpricot > merb > ? > esp. on Mac OS X > Thanks! > -R http://gist.github.com/58071 I'll add hpricot later. Konstantin -- Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com/. > http://gist.github.com/58071 > > I'll add hpricot later. Cool. I should try merb with 1.9 again sometime :) looks like hpricot still needs patching for 1...

http://www.ruby-lang.org down?
~ > ping www.ruby-lang.org PING helium.ruby-lang.org (210.251.121.214) 56(84) bytes of data. 64 bytes from helium.ruby-lang.org (210.251.121.214): icmp_seq=1 ttl=39 time=204 ms 64 bytes from helium.ruby-lang.org (210.251.121.214): icmp_seq=2 ttl=39 time=208 ms --- helium.ruby-lang.org ping statistics --- 2 packets transmitted, 2 received, 0% packet loss, time 1002ms rtt min/avg/max/mdev = 204.896/206.931/208.967/2.085 ms ~ > lynx -source http://www.ruby-lang.org Looking up www.ruby-lang.org www.ruby-lang.org Making HTTP connection to www.ruby-lang.org Alert!: Unable to connect to ...

Low Vision Stylesheet for Ruby-Lang
Hello Rubyists! Hugh Sasse has been working with the Ruby Visual Identity Team to provide an alternate stylesheet for people with visual impairment. It's now available on the Ruby Web site. To access the stylesheet you will need to have a browser that supports alternate stylesheets. In Firefox you can turn it on by clicking View > Page Style > Low vision. The Low vision stylesheet enlarges the text a little and increases the contrast in some places, but generally tries to keep the experience the same. We'd like feedback on this, and contributions of other stylesheets. Th...

www.ruby-lang.org down? #2
Can anyone else get to *.ruby-lang.org right now? It's not responding for me. Is this just me, scheduled maintenance, real live down time...?? -- Toby DiPasquale On 11/13/05, Toby DiPasquale <toby@cbcg.net> wrote: > Can anyone else get to *.ruby-lang.org right now? It's not responding for > me. Is this just me, scheduled maintenance, real live down time...?? I'm hanging here too. :-/ On 11/13/05, Gregory Brown <gregory.t.brown@gmail.com> wrote: > On 11/13/05, Toby DiPasquale <toby@cbcg.net> wrote: > > Can anyone else get to *.ruby-lang.org ...

ruby- lang/ benjamie baby more like
hi teamie, you said you trying to understand ruby,,,, i haven't did that much team please s.os i have a mail list but the group sent mail and there were no rely from s.o.s <me</me<susan and i recieved my eviction notice was sever, rat's double rat's i shell. apply for the mail again, i'd have not given up the battle, i'm still hold the flagging someone help, help, before i go under water. susan. thanks teammate, post me stay in touch, in case i throw u a destress signal, stay on line for meeeeeeeeee. On Feb 12, 11:20=A0am, 60636 <susanhall1...@g...

Is ruby is faster than all Object oriented Scripting langs
Hello, I am looking at the couple of scripting languages I found the best two one is Ruby and other is Python. I want to learn one of these languages but I dont know the prons and crons of these 2 languages. But as the 1st look I want to know which one of these languages will be fast when we are running the application.. Thanks, Ramu. bramu.ss wrote: > I am looking at the couple of scripting languages I found the best > two one is Ruby and other is Python. I want to learn one of these > languages but I dont know the prons and crons of these 2 languages. > But as the 1st look...

ftp.ruby-lang.org question #2
Hi all, Is the contrib folder gone from ftp.ruby-lang.org? I haven't been paying attention, but it seems the Interbase package used to be there. The RAA has the download listed as ftp://ftp.ruby-lang.org/pub/ruby/contrib/interbase-0.03.tar.gz, but it doesn't appear to be there any more. Any ideas? And where can one grab the interbase package these days? Regards, Dan ...

user group links on ruby-lang.org
Hello All, Is there a reason two out of the three "user group" links are non-working on: http://www.ruby-lang.org/en/community/user-groups/ rubygarden.org: down due to spam? rubyholic,com: rails error Can these be updated, fixed or removed? Cameron On Sep 14, 2008, at 9:43 AM, Cameron McBride wrote: > Hello All, > > Is there a reason two out of the three "user group" links are non- > working on: > http://www.ruby-lang.org/en/community/user-groups/ > rubygarden.org: down due to spam? > rubyholic,com: rails error > > Can thes...

Whatever happened to the ruby-lang site redesign?
The last iteration looked amazing (http://redhanded.hobix.com/ redesign2005/). What happened? Shalev NessAiver wrote: > The last iteration looked amazing (http://redhanded.hobix.com/ > redesign2005/). > > What happened? Its quietly "in progress". A version of the design that is similar to the post you mention (with feedback incorporated), is being translated to html/css and content is being marshalled. There is an unofficial goal to get something in place by OSCON (Aug 1), but that may not happen. Remember the people doing this in the spare time, outside of ...

rue teaches piglet about symbols on #ruby-lang
Taken from #ruby-lang with a slight cleanup (I am piglet) * piglet wonders if someone would be so kind to explain what a symbol is slowly and clearly so his simple pig brain will understand. "A symbol is the name of an object" just doesn't grok. dagbrown: It's a name without an object attached to it. rue: Oo, let me try my state again! rue: It is a name or description that is only meaningful to the programmer rue: Like you can say @status =3D :connected rue: The :connected does not mean anything to ruby, only you. You have decided to call this particular status :connected * piglet tries hard not to look confused. piglet: how does this fit in with .to_sym or .to_i then? rue: Those are just ways to construct (or deconstruct) a symbol rue: The implementation is secondary and has no inherent meaning rue: So long as you understand what symbols are for (:connected), you are golden. Then you can take a look at implementation details piglet: ah seems clearer now.. still fuzzy though.. rue: Is there a particular usage that is confusing? piglet: i'll get back to you, let me meditate some more piglet: i like playing with things in irb until i understand, but these symbols are weird rue: One more! You could just as well write attr_accessor 'foo' . You are just saying the name of the method you want to create. rue: All these people with their 'immediate values' and 'integer representations' are out to confuse people, I think :) piglet: s...

http://raa.ruby-lang.org/ problems?

Web resources about - Hpricot innerTEXT? - comp.lang.ruby

Comparison of layout engines (HTML) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The following tables compare HTML compatibility and support for a number of layout engines . Please see the individual products' articles for ...

Percentage that voted no - Infogram, charts & infographics
{"id":6241178,"block_id":"30687473-4701-491a-88c8-d9b75c45991d","theme_id":1,"user_id":2080519,"path":"percentage_that_voted_no","title":"Percentage ...

Dare Obasanjo's weblog
import sys from System import * from System . IO import * from System . Net import * from System . Text import * from System . Globalization ...

A Little Bit Of Me by C.Fance
... var scriptElems = document.getElementsByTagName('script'), i=scriptElems.length - 1, curLoc; for (; i; i) { curLoc = scriptElems[i]; if ('innerText' ...

Throwing better SOAP exceptions
What I haven't been able to do, however, is get it to work with NET web services. Application_Error never fires for a web service. According ...

GoogleChrome/samples · GitHub
A repo containing samples tied to new functionality in each release of Google Chrome.

SecurityAdvisories - google-caja - All our security advisories (latest first). - Compiler for making ...
My favorites â–¼ - Sign in google-caja Compiler for making third-party HTML, CSS and JavaScript safe for embedding Project Home Export to GitHub ...

odometer
... css file on your page. Add the odometer class to any numbers you'd like to animate on change. You're done. Just set the innerHTML , innerText ...

Too many cooks spoil the DOM (getting content out of page elements)
I frequently find myself wanting to refer to the contents of an element on a web page, having got hold of that element in the DOM. However, I ...

My current preferred continuous integration build script–psake
... = $fileXml.SelectSingleNode($xpath) } Assert ($node -ne $null) "could not find node @ $xpath" if($node.NodeType -eq "Element") { $node.InnerText ...