jruby 1.6 on AIX

[Note:  parts of this message were removed to make it a legal post.]

Today I download jruby 1.6. I actually downloaded the source code and the
binary version.
I thought that the binary version only requires that certain files be placed
on a specific location.
I also did not find installation instructions.
The README file briefly talks about building jruby with *ant*.

Where can I find instructions that can tell me where to place the binary
that I downloaded?

Thank you
--
Ruby Student

0
Ruby

did you take a look at that page ?
http://kenai.com/projects/jruby/pages/GettingStarted

it depends on what you want to do, but if you just want the runtime,
download the jruby-complete jar file, you can run it with "java -jar
jruby-completeXX.jar somerubyscript.rb"

2011/1/12 Ruby Student <ruby.student@gmail.com>:
> Today I download jruby 1.6. I actually downloaded the source code and the
> binary version.
> I thought that the binary version only requires that certain files be placed
> on a specific location.
> I also did not find installation instructions.
> The README file briefly talks about building jruby with *ant*.
>
> Where can I find instructions that can tell me where to place the binary
> that I downloaded?
>
> Thank you
> --
> Ruby Student

0
Jonas
1/12/2011 11:37:18 PM
On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 9:01 AM, Ruby Student <ruby.student@gmail.com> wrote:
> Today I download jruby 1.6. I actually downloaded the source code and the
> binary version.
> I thought that the binary version only requires that certain files be placed
> on a specific location.
> I also did not find installation instructions.
> The README file briefly talks about building jruby with *ant*.
>
> Where can I find instructions that can tell me where to place the binary
> that I downloaded?

You should really only need to download the binary version and put its
"bin" dir in your PATH somewhere. As long as there's a "java" command
available or a JAVA_HOME set, you should be good to go.

(by binary version, I mean the -bin download tarball, which unpacks to
a complete JRuby "home". In there you'll find bin/jruby and other
commands to get started)

Easiest Ruby install ever :)

- Charlie

0