Re: win32 installer for 1.8.1? #3

> I can, yes, but I'm finding that the cygwin builds I would have to
> make aren't quite as stable as the MSWIN builds I get, and I have no

> facilities to make an mswin type build.  At least none I'm aware of.

from ruby-talk:85104

Thought this might be interesting to those stuck on win32...

  http://www.winprog.org/tutorial/msvc.html

Of course, I only care for so much longer, since my Powerbook is on
order
;-)

Nathaniel

<:((><

Free Pop-Up Blocker - Get it now
http://companion.yahoo.com/

0
robertm1 (41)

On Thu, 4 Dec 2003 01:23:45 +0900, Robert  McGovern wrote:
>> I can, yes, but I'm finding that the cygwin builds I would have to make
>> aren't quite as stable as the MSWIN builds I get, and I have no
>> facilities to make an mswin type build.  At least none I'm aware of.
> from ruby-talk:85104

Unfortunately, the Free MSVC doesn't have everything needed to build Ruby.

My next step will be to try the OpenWatcom and/or the Digital Mars compiler.
(The DM has older support tools and some folks are working to make the OW
tools work with DM.)

-austin
--
austin ziegler    * austin@halostatue.ca * Toronto, ON, Canada