TCL/TK 8.4 for Windows

Hi,

How can I get the 8.4 version of TCL/TK installed to work with my
version of Ruby?

I have installed Ruby for windows, and it appears to be 1.8.1-10 Ruby
with 8.3 TCL/TK - so no TkPanedWindows.

x = TkPanedWindow.new(root)  gives a

invalid command name `panedwindow' (NameError) ,

in tk_call

Or do I have another alternative?

Many thanks

Ian

--
Ian - posting to a Newsgroup.  Please remove everything to reply.
0

Ian,

If you download the ActiveTCL 8.4.4 source you should be able to compile it
with MSVC. I have gotten this to work, but I have not gotten ActiveTCL8.4.5
to work.

If you can't or don't want to compile I can set you up an ftp site and let
you download the dlls' and such for 8.4.

let me know as soon as you can, cause i wont' be back in to the office until
Monday.

Zach

How can I get the 8.4 version of TCL/TK installed to work with my
version of Ruby?

I have installed Ruby for windows, and it appears to be 1.8.1-10 Ruby
with 8.3 TCL/TK - so no TkPanedWindows.

x = TkPanedWindow.new(root)  gives a

invalid command name `panedwindow' (NameError) ,

in tk_call

Or do I have another alternative?

Many thanks

Ian

--
Ian - posting to a Newsgroup.  Please remove everything to reply.

0
zdennis (552)
12/5/2003 12:00:25 AM
Ian Hobson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> How can I get the 8.4 version of TCL/TK installed to work with my
> version of Ruby?
>
> I have installed Ruby for windows, and it appears to be 1.8.1-10 Ruby
> with 8.3 TCL/TK - so no TkPanedWindows.
>
> x = TkPanedWindow.new(root)  gives a
>
> invalid command name `panedwindow' (NameError) ,
>
> in tk_call
>
> Or do I have another alternative?
>
> Many thanks
>
> Ian

If compiling isn't bother, you could use mingw AFAIK it's compatible
with MSVC binaries or recompile ruby and libs with it(better have a bit
o' time, not much really), I have tcl/tk8.4.4 working, btw I use
MinGW-3.0.0-rc2, with the latest version(3.1.0-1) couldn't compile tcl/tk.

www.mingw.org