( picoVerse-:( Connecting to a running Excel process ) )

Hello

I am running power eTrade pro Excel Manager.

I start up power eTrade( a Java program ).  I click on the Excel
Manager button and up comes Excel with special sheets in it updated in
real time( once each minute ).

I would then like to be able to go to my running Dolphin 6 image and
find the Excel process and link to it via COM in the same way as is
seen in the
AXTypeLibraryAnalyzer class>>example3
method.

Please direct me to the info I need to be able to make this work.

If you help me then I would like to publish whatever power eTrade
connection I can make into the Dolphin 7 STS.
0
picoverse (4)
12/21/2009 9:12:56 AM
comp.lang.smalltalk.dolphin 3697 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

"picoVerse" <picoverse@gmail.com> wrote in message
[...]
> I would then like to be able to go to my running Dolphin 6 image and
> find the Excel process and link to it via COM in the same way as is
> seen in the
> AXTypeLibraryAnalyzer class>>example3
> method.
The only way I've found to get an existing Excel process is to use
#getObject: (like Excel_Workbook getObject: myFilename) on an existing Excel
file.  The Excel process with either open it or give you the one that's
already open.

HTH,

Don R

> Please direct me to the info I need to be able to make this work.
>
> If you help me then I would like to publish whatever power eTrade
> connection I can make into the Dolphin 7 STS.

0
Don
Similar artilces about - ( picoVerse-:( Connecting to a running Excel process ) ):

Running UNIX util under OS X?
I'm not sure if this is possible; I'm a complete novice at this. How can I run this on my Mac? Is it possible? http://tinyurl.com/5z8br It's for converting MS Outlook mail archive to mbox standard mail file. To my (simple) mind it looks like a library, not an application. That's all I know... : -) PB G3/400; OS X 10.3.7 Thanks, -- Please, no "Go Google this" replies. I wouldn't ask a question here if I hadn't done that already. DaveC me@privacy.net This is an invalid return address Please reply in the news group In article <0001HW.BE229...

Distributive Toolbox: 3 core connect, 1 core failed to connect
Hello, -Ubuntu head server. -Windows cluster of 10 quad cores. -In admin center, in the 'workers' section under 'connection', 1 quad core shows, 3 cores connect successfully (3 workers), 1 core states "failed to connect". -Restarting doesn't change the connection. Status remains idle. Why does one core fail to connect? Ian Gregory, Sydney. "Ian " <matlab@iangregory.com> wrote in message news:i6ko8k$7p$1@fred.mathworks.com... > Hello, > > -Ubuntu head server. > -Windows cluster of 10 quad cores. > -In admin cent...

Processes using Devices
Hi, I want to write an application that can associate processes with open devices. That is, I want to be able to identify which device drivers are currently being used, and which PID's are using them. I've looked at the various types of info that are available in /proc, but I don't think that has everything I want. At least I don't know how to make the association of PID to devices. How do I do this ? thanks, Rich Rich Williams wrote: > Hi, > > I want to write an application that can associate processes with open > devices. That is, I want to be able to iden...

Program in 32-bit, run on 64-bit OK?
I am too sure on this. I am preparing to install OpenSuse v10 32-bit on my pc. This pc is for testing my C programs, which will eventually be transferred to my internet host which is running the 64-bit version. Can my programs run ? Off my head I think they should, but the reverse may not. Please correct me. Do I have to pick the correct compiler ? Thanks. sl@exabyte wrote: > I am too sure on this. > > I am preparing to install OpenSuse v10 32-bit on my pc. This pc is for > testing my C programs, which will eventually be transferred to my > internet ...

TCP connection reply
Hi, I am writing a TCP program which has 2 sides. The client side sends application command to the server and the server just reply data. The server & client side code is shown in the following. I have debugged the server side that it has replied data. However, the client side does not receive any data. Could anyone tell me why? Thanks! Client side: : : try { Socket socket=new Socket("localhost",0xaa); OutputStream os=socket.getOutputStream(); InputStream is=socket.getInputStream(); int i=0; int j=0; byte[] b=new byte[4]; b[i++]=3; b[i++]=(byte)...

SNDDST on an iSeries with Domino running as the mail server
Has anyone set up SNDDST to work with Domino running as the mail server. We are on V5R1 with Lotus Notes 6.0. How do you get past not using the native SMTP server on the AS/400 and use the Domino server instead? I've searched this group but haven't found enough detail. Anything on this would be *greatly* appreciated, Thad Rizzi Thad Rizzi wrote: > Has anyone set up SNDDST to work with Domino running as the mail > server. We are on V5R1 with Lotus Notes 6.0. How do you get past not > using the native SMTP server on the AS/400 and use the Domino server > instead? I&...

Re: Importing from Excel fields that have >255 characters
On Sun, 5 Nov 2006, ME wrote: > Hi there, > OK, before you say it, let me say it for you. I work with a bunch of > idiots that think Excel is for everything from word processing to > databases. We all know it's not but I can't help that. Here's the > situation I have. > > I have a bunch of Excel files and one of the fields is a HUGE text > field, sometimes containing over 5000 characters. In Excel, only the > first 255 characters are displayed but the field stores all the > characters because I can see the text when I click in the cell. > > My i...

Connected devices??
Hi, I have two routers, 1 netgear and 1 Cisco 877w located at two different locations, work and at home. Both are used as DHCP servers. With the netgear, I can go to the admin menu and see what devices are connected by their Mac and IP addresses. I can reserve these Mac and IP addresses ans so restrict access. Is there a way to do this with the Cisco and if so how? Thank you. You could use www.dnsredirector.com to restrict Internet access, if that is what you are trying to do. ...

( picoVerse-:( hey ) )
( picoVerse-:( hey ) ) hey stranger good ears i like a man who stays put don't be a hey BJ still laughing i love your empty streets your total vacancy no frigging way way no way you could lose an elephant out here or a dozen unmarked mellons or an air craft carrier i saw one of those yesterday out on the water so big and yet so fast the socalled sexy jet boats and cigars were left in its wake and then find it again in a circle of fire perfect absolutely perfect s...

How to -- PPPoE with my ADSL Connection to connect internet with CentOS 5
Hi! I had tried PPPoE with my ADSL Connection to connect internet with CentOS 5. Downloaded from http://www.roaringpenguin.com/en/penguin/openSourceProducts/rpPppoe It's a dual boot system with windows 2000 & CentOS, while internet working with windows 2000 perfectly. from centOS it's not even blinking of my MODEM ROUTER, WHICH I CONNECTED THROUGH RJ-45 LAN port. I am listing the steps but any how I am not able to connect with internet. Please show me path! 1. first I had test ifconfig eth0 >> OUTPUT comes like eth0 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 00:14.................. inet6...

palm connects to remote database
hi guys, I am a Win CE programmer and now have to implement a palm applicaiton. The applicaiton needs to access to a remote database like Oracle, and get/post some data. The connection relies on the GPRS via the modem in the palm. I will use codewarrior 9. Anybody happens to know how to implement it? Thanks.... haihua@gmail.com a �crit, le 08/09/2005 20:39 : > I am a Win CE programmer and now have to implement a palm applicaiton. > The applicaiton needs to access to a remote database like Oracle, and > get/post some data. The connection relies on the GPRS via the...

Export To Excel
I need to export from SAS to Excel. In the past I have always used the following code, this starts at Row2 Col1 and just dumps everthing into the next free cell.(A2, B2, C2 etc) What I want to do is to drop each result into a set cell, lets say "recorddate" into cell A2, "noofacnts" into cell D2, "sumchged" into H2 and then "noblaindr" into cell K7 filename outfile dde "excel|raw data!R2C1:R10000C100" notab; /* Exports results of above to Excel*/ data _null_; set perm.final; file outfile; put recorddate '09'x noofacnts '09'...

Re: Filezilla connection
From: Kevin Handy <kth@srv.net> > Or, is there a simple FTP gui program that I can use instead? Long ago, I had some success using SmartFTP ("http://smartftp.com/"). It could be broken by now, but it's worth a try, and they did fix a couple of VMS-related bugs a few years ago. ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Steven M. Schweda sms@antinode-org 382 South Warwick Street (+1) 651-699-9818 Saint Paul MN 55105-2547 Steven M. Schweda wrote: > From: Kevin Handy <kth@srv.net> > >>...

Re: Looking to connect a second broadband connection for failover and add a second firewall, any suggestions?
A late reply, but we sell the SnapGear SME 570 Securty Appliance. This has stateful-packet firewall, VPN & Failover. More details on the SME570 can be found here: http://www.snapgear.com/sme570.html Our SnapGear site: http://www.infowest.ca/snapgear/ Regards, Jeff Young A few other options: Sonicwall Pro 3060 (with enhanced OS upgrade) or Pro 4060, as a replacement for your firewall. Or, you can put a dual-wan router between your internet connections and the firewall, have one nat between the router and the firewall, and then use the firewall as before. Some products: www.astro...

Excel Builder Error message
Dear all, while running a compiled function in Excel VBA I get this error message if I use the VBA Error Handler: Error in VBAProject: Method 'myfunction' of object 'myfunction_excel' failed If I do not use the VBA Error Handler the error message is as follows: System Error &H80010108 (-2147417848). The object invoked had disconnected from its clients. However the function executes all the way. I tried creating a Debug version, but it returned the same error message. Any ideas ? Nick, ...

c++ matlab connection
Greetings Does anyone know of a vtk,itk compatible matrix/array class that can quickly and seamlessly connect with matlabs mxArray ? I need to interface matlab with vtk,itk so I need to check row and column ordering etc... thanks ...

Detecting exisiting connection to a database
I've got a program that runs continuously that analyzes some signals.&nbsp; On a rare occasion, the user will see some interesting signals, and I want to give the user a toggle button to turn on/off logging of the signal to a SQL database without stopping the Labview program.&nbsp; Plus, I want Labview to re-connect automatically to the database should the database server need rebooted. The problem is detecting whether a database connection exists every time I run through the datacapture/datalog sequence BEFORE I attempt a database insert. I called tech support, and they said the o...

Re: importing from excel (sorry, last thread was not completed) #3
I would recommend posting the code and log of errors to the list. What version of sas do you have? Thanks, -Joe On Jan 12, 2009, at 1:19 PM, nuria <nchapinal@YAHOO.COM> wrote: > Why is DBMS=XLS not working? It doesn't recognize that option. It does > recognize DBMS=EXCEL though... but then I can't use all these cool > options (namerow, startrow....) > > If I choose GETNAME=no, can I specify the name of the columns in the > proc import statement? Input + name of the columns does not work with > proc import.... > > thanks! This is what I get when I...

( picoVerse-:( Velocity2 ) )
(( eMail ( to comp.lang.smalltalk ) ( subject ( picoVerse-:( Velocity2 ) ) ) ( message In second Peter we see the destruction of the earth just as science predicts that it will happen : 10But the day of the Lord will come like a thief, in which the heavens will pass away with a roar and the elements will be destroyed with intense heat, and the earth and its works will be burned up. (( keg The sun will become a red giant. And the earth will go inside of the sun. The earth will melt away. And being inside of the sun all of the turbulence in there will be...

Connecting 2 Cisco Routers (back to back)
Hi everyone, This is probably a real novice question but I'm trying to connect two routers (2600's) back to back. Unfortunately I can't get them to see each other. I've set them up each serial interface with an ip address of: 10.50.0.1 10.50.0.2 I've enabled the serial ports, set encapsulation to FRAME RELAY, lmi type: CISCO. The problem is that when I run: SHOW INT S0/0 I keep getting SERIAL UP, LINE PROTOCOL DOWN I've notice when I do a SHOW FRAME-RELAY LMI it shows enquiries being sent but not received. Can anyone help me with this, i'm starting to get ...

( picoVerse-:( An idea for something called Hyper ) )
The following is an idea for a Dolphin hosted open source real time team development platform. For how it might work. How about an open source development platform for Dolphin hosted by the object-arts website. You log in via your running Dolphin community edition 6. Somebody is debugging method M. M is empty but he fills it in with message sends MS. And other programmers tear off twitter like those MS calls and implement the methods needed. Hopefully prior to when the Debugger calls them. This could be a form of extreme programming. extreme team programming. Or hyper team ...

Detecting a running application
How can I detect whether an application is currently running? Would I need to check for the executable's name or the caption of its main form? Mark Shapiro "Mark Shapiro" <infocus@swbell.net> wrote in message news:n7fui0dm1jigpaurtchjca2ogel70s5js7@4ax.com... > How can I detect whether an application is currently running? Would I > need to check for the executable's name or the caption of its main > form? More usually its class name than its caption, I think. Is this an application of your own? That opens up many more options. Groetjes, Maa...

SAS/CONNECT: Trying to run simple MP Connect example
Hi, all. More misadventures with SAS/CONNECT. I am trying to learn how to use MP Connect, so I tried to run a very simple example in SAS 8.2 on a Windows XP IBM T30 Thinkpad, like one shown in: http://support.sas.com/documentation/hosts/pc/papers/8 something like this: options autosignon = yes ; options sascmd = "C:\Program Files\SAS Institute\SAS\V8\sas.exe"; /* Remote submit first task. */ rsubmit process=task1 wait=no; data part1 ; keep i j ; do i = 1 to 100 ; j = 2 * i ; output ; end ; run; endrsubmit; /* Remote submit second task. */ /* SIGNON performed auto...

Question on PureFTPd Connection
Hi everyone, I setup a PureFTPd on my Linux Fedora2 server n my home network. On any of my home computers I can log into the FTP server fine and see the correct directories. The IP address is the following: ftp://enetwork.no-ip.org:9997 [I replaced port 20 with 9996, and port 21 with 9997 in the /etc/services file and forward both ports to the local IP address of the host machine) When I try to log-in online it accepts my log-in info but when searching for the directory contents it says ****** An error occurred opening that folder on the FTP server. Make sure you have permission to access t...

[News] Mandrake/Mandriva Gets Excellent Package Manager
RPMDrake v3 Beta: Way To Go! ,----[ Quote ] | Mandriva Cooker shows good signs for a future successful Mandriva 2007 -- | at least in the package management department. | | No more need to choose PCLinuxOS for its Synaptic! Unexpectedly well | designed, RPMDrake v3 will allow you to install and remove packages from | the same place! `---- http://beranger.org/index.php?article=1491 ...