( picoVerse-:( Connecting to a running Excel process ) )

Hello

I am running power eTrade pro Excel Manager.

I start up power eTrade( a Java program ).  I click on the Excel
Manager button and up comes Excel with special sheets in it updated in
real time( once each minute ).

I would then like to be able to go to my running Dolphin 6 image and
find the Excel process and link to it via COM in the same way as is
seen in the
AXTypeLibraryAnalyzer class>>example3
method.

Please direct me to the info I need to be able to make this work.

If you help me then I would like to publish whatever power eTrade
connection I can make into the Dolphin 7 STS.
0
picoverse (4)
12/21/2009 9:12:56 AM
comp.lang.smalltalk.dolphin 3769 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

"picoVerse" <picoverse@gmail.com> wrote in message
[...]
> I would then like to be able to go to my running Dolphin 6 image and
> find the Excel process and link to it via COM in the same way as is
> seen in the
> AXTypeLibraryAnalyzer class>>example3
> method.
The only way I've found to get an existing Excel process is to use
#getObject: (like Excel_Workbook getObject: myFilename) on an existing Excel
file.  The Excel process with either open it or give you the one that's
already open.

HTH,

Don R

> Please direct me to the info I need to be able to make this work.
>
> If you help me then I would like to publish whatever power eTrade
> connection I can make into the Dolphin 7 STS.

0
Don