  To get it to work, simply install DX Studio.  Then you can play
around with the activex control in the activex control browser.  To
get the engine to work there, do the following:

  #1 Open up the activex control browser.
  #2 File>new  and choose Dx Studio Player
  #3 Change the "src" field to the location of a .dxstudio game.  You
can use the welcome.dxstudio file.  I used absolute paths.
  #4 In options >  uncheck "show windowless".

  Wallah, you are running Dx Studio inside dolphin.

  If you'd like to access Dx Studio inside dolphin outside of the
ActiveX Control Browser, (your own view/shell/ etc. ), this is what I
have been successful trying:

   | shell host grid classes coords dispid |
	shell := ShellView new
			layoutManager: BorderLayout new;
			create;
			extent: 400@300;
			yourself.
	host := AXControlSite new
			progId: 'DXStudioPlayerDLL.DXStudioPlayer.1';
			parentView: shell;
			arrangement: #center;
			create; show;
			yourself.
	shell show.

      (That is modified example code from the AXControlSite class).

  To get the Dx Studio to launch the game from within dolphin, get a
reference to the AXControlSite object.
(An example using my own subclass of AXControlSite follows: )

  a := DxStudioControlSite show.
  b := a controlDispatch.
  b src: 'c:\smalltalk\dolphin\Images\dxstudio\welcome.dxstudio'.
  a doPrimaryVerb.

  The interface between Dx Studio and smalltalk is pretty
interesting.  You can send Dx Studio scripts, i.e. Javascript strings
that will get executed inside Dx Studio.  As far as I know Dx Studio
scripts can also call back into dolphin.

  Since Dx Studio uses Javascript, I got interested in using a
javascript smalltalk scripting language such as amber or clamato
inside of Dx Studio.
Unfortunately their code seems to be tied to HTML elements, but I will
pursue this field further.  I was literally shocked when I realized
all the stuff I could do with DX Studio and dolphin.

  All of the above code/steps taken would be quite obvious to an
experienced Dolphin user.  I'd like to thank Andy Bower for this
excellent product.

0
Jacob
10/7/2011 7:47:42 PM
comp.lang.smalltalk.dolphin 3769 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Another game powered by Dolphin Smalltalk
This is a little more humble thing than GamersGoMakers. It is a reinventing of the classic Interactive fiction concept. The package consists of an authoring platform and a presenter(runner). The fine things are: Complete consistency control of all parts of the architecture of the game during authoring. Graphic game structure mapping and state mapping. A hint system for the author which finds loose ends of all kinds. Three image projectors and two audio channels. Immediate test of any change the author does. A semiautomatic semanticchekking hint system. Consistency controlled ...

a game powered by Dolphin Smalltalk
Hi everyone, I would like to introduce to you: GamersGoMakers A business simulation game powered by Dolphin Smalltalk :) www.gamersgomakers.com also on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/gamersgomakers Best Gnif Hi, Very cool... very nice windows system !!! do you did it by yourself or it is a library wrapper ? Regards, Bruno thank you :) I=B4m just using the Gdiplus package. 100% Smalltalk Greetings Gnif Am Montag, 5. Mai 2014 15:17:33 UTC+2 schrieb bruno.b...@gmail.com: > Hi, >=20 >=20 >=20 > Very cool... >=20 >=20 >...

A 2D Graph tool written in Dolphin Smalltalk.
Hello to all, This is an update to an earlier post I made here about people asking if there is a graphing tool available in Dolphin. The standard answer seems to be to use a third party ActiveX control. Several years ago I wrote a View subclass which I named GraphView. GraphView is a very simple class written entirely in Dolphin Smalltalk, no third party AX controls, which allows one to fairly easily accomplish the following graphing tasks: .. Set the graph's x-axis and y-axis scale limits. .. Draw axes, tick marks, and add number labels to the tick marks using whatever...

A simple 2D Graph tool written in Dolphin Smalltalk
Hello to all, I've seen a few earlier posts here from people asking if there is a graphing tool available in Dolphin. The standard answer seems to be to use a third party ActiveX control. Several years ago I wrote a View subclass which I named GraphView. GraphView is a very simple class written entirely in Dolphin Smalltalk, no third party AX controls, which allows one to fairly easily accomplish the following graphing tasks: .. Set the graph's x-axis and y-axis scale limits. .. Draw axes, tick marks, and add number labels to the tick marks. Whatever line widths and colors...

Why Smalltalk? Why Dolphin?
Is there a document or video which addresses the questions above? Seems to me I saw something on youtube regarding the first, showing how you can inspect EVERYTHING as it runs. TIA, Steve Den tirsdag den 21. april 2015 kl. 18.29.30 UTC+2 skrev Steve Graham: > Is there a document or video which addresses the questions above? Seems > to me I saw something on youtube regarding the first, showing how you > can inspect EVERYTHING as it runs. > > TIA, Steve https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koOsS-vD-XA There are several other wideos on ObjectArts site ...

Dolphin Smalltalk v. Smalltalk MT
Forum, We have pretty much settled on Dolphin as the Smalltalk implementation of choice (the decision finally came down to Dolphin or MT). But MT does have a couple of features that are useful and productive, and I was would like to know if perhaps the functionality already exists in Dolphin, but maybe not so straightforward. 1. Concerning the embedding of an ActiveX component in a view, MT offers a simple way to execute the primary verb of a control. I can't seem to find that funtionality in Dolphin. I would like to use Codejock's ActiveX-based UI controls: The Command...

How to get paid help to work on a project written in Dolphin Smalltalk
My company sells a shareware program I wrote in Dolphin Smalltalk. I changed from Borland C++ Builder to Dolphin Smalltalk a couple of years ago, and don't want to go back to a file-based language again unless I'm forced to. I'm now writing a new program, and I'm trying to decide if I should write it using Dolphin Smalltalk. This will be a larger project, and there is too much work for me alone. I would like to pay someone to write parts of it for me and to solve technical problems, which would take me too long to solve. Are there any Dolphin Smalltalk programme...

2D via 3D Game Engine For Visual Basic 6
Here is an officially unoffical demo of our new 2D+ game engine arriving in May 2004. One of our programmers coded this as a tutorial for our beta testers and we decided it was good enough to put out as a demo. This demo requires: � Directx 8.1 or better. � Geforce 2 or better 3D video card. � 16mb or more on the video card. � 300mhz cpu or better. � VB6 runtimes. Download the 140k zip file here: http://dxgame.com/download/dxg2dplusdemo1.zip What is the DXGame Engine? A highly optimized "high level" arcade oriented 2D+ game engine exclusively for Visual Basic 6 programme...

Dolphin on Linux (was: Dolphin and Wine)
David Gorisek escribi�: > I have good news for everyone running Dolphin server applications. > > Our WikiDoc executable runs on Wine without problems. So web > applications in Dolphin should do fine on Linux/Wine. How does it perform? Regards, -- Esteban. Esteban A. Maringolo wrote: > David Gorisek escribi�: >> I have good news for everyone running Dolphin server applications. >> >> Our WikiDoc executable runs on Wine without problems. So web >> applications in Dolphin should do fine on Linux/Wine. > > How does it perform? &...

[News] Free/Libre Game Engine Ogre 3D Produces Games for GNU/Linux Games

Is there any free Game Engine to create 3D games????
Friends..Tell me!!!..Please...I need to write 3d,2D games without much risk....So please help me!!!....My email id is stellein@yahoo.co.in The source code to Doom was realeased and I think Quake 1 as well. "Nehemiah Nadar" <stellein@yahoo.co.in> wrote in message news:f83c9c9f.0406200255.79268f08@posting.google.com... > Friends..Tell me!!!..Please...I need to write 3d,2D games without much > risk....So please help me!!!....My email id is stellein@yahoo.co.in "Nehemiah Nadar" <stellein@yahoo.co.in> ha scritto nel messaggio news:f83c9c9f.040...

Intelli-Dolphin on Dolphin X6 CE
Hi, I've installed Intelli-Dolphin on a vanilla DX6 CE image, and the Default view of the class browser shows a black rectangle as the background of the added checkbox for viewing inherited methods. Is this a bug or a feature? ;-) I use WinXP MUI SP2. Regards, -- Esteban. Unfortunately this is a known problem - it is apparently related to how the Dolphin Gui editor renders widgets - or something like that (I was pointed to the OA Blog entry "what you see is not always what you get: http://www.object-arts.com/content/blog/2005Dec14-BSM.html). There is a work...

Dolphin goes 3D
Hi dolphiners, I like to pay money up to 2000 Euro (two thousend) to start up a dolphin software project interfacing the newest Microsoft DirectX 3D stuff. Deadline is 15th of March 2007. 1. Create the Wrapper classes. 2. Create Dolphin Classes for 3D-Objects based on complex Polygons. 3. Create Dolphin Classes for Cameras Lights ... 3. Create Methods for polygon triangulation to meet the Wrappers needs. 4. Create an UI where clicking on the DX View answer the Dolphin 3D-Objects The software should be available under BSD-Lisence and maybe a part of Dolphin but this can discu...

Dolphin Smalltalk News
Folks, Object Arts are pleased to announce that over the last few months we have entered into a partnership with Lesser Software (www.lesser-software.com) with the aim of creating the Next Generation of Dolphin Smalltalk. This new version of Dolphin will be targetted towards professional software developers and will leverage the experience that Lesser Software have built up over a number of years in high performance Smalltalk virtual machines and development tools. Lesser Software's current product set includes LSW Vision Smalltalk, whose virtual machine retains full by...

Web resources about - Another 3d (and 2d) game engine that works with dolphin - comp.lang.smalltalk.dolphin

LAST NIGHT'S STATE DEPARTMENT EMAIL DUMP: The Most Damning for Hillary Yet
Hey, remember all of that cool media outcry over Valerie Plame? On the heels of yesterday’s bombshell that Hillary Clinton’s secret email server ...

President Obama pledges $4 billion for computer science education in schools
In his weekly address, President Barack Obama this week pledged $4 billion in federal funding for computer science education in schools throughout ...

Two Remaining Escaped Santa Ana Inmates Have Been Recaptured, Investigation Into Escape Still Ongoing ...
The Orang County Sheriff’s Department have announced that they recaptured the remaining two inmates that escaped last week from the Orange County ...

Angelique Kerber Upsets Serena Williams to Win Australian Open
Kerber, the seventh seed, claimed her first major title and prevented the top-ranked Williams from tying Steffi Graf’s Open-era record of 22 ...

Facebook To Ban Private Gun Sales On Its Service
Facebook has announced their plans to update their policies to ban private gun sales on their social media service and on their photo-sharing ...

Rob Kardashian And Blac Chyna’s New Relationship: Will It Cost Him His Family?
Rob Kardashian has a new romance, but will his wild relationship with Blac Chyna ruin his ties to his famous sisters? TMZ broke the news yesterday ...

US warship challenges China. What's the South China Sea strategy?
Christian Science Monitor US warship challenges China. What's the South China Sea strategy? Christian Science Monitor For the second time, ...

Syria Talks Gather Steam With Opposition Poised to Meet UN Envoy
Bloomberg Syria Talks Gather Steam With Opposition Poised to Meet UN Envoy Bloomberg High Negotiations Committee (HNC) spokesman Riyad Naasan ...

Little boy among dozens of drowned migrants off Turkish coast
CBS News Little boy among dozens of drowned migrants off Turkish coast CBS News Warning: Graphic image below. ANKARA, Turkey - He looks peacefully ...

Zika virus infects more than 2100 pregnant Colombian women
CBS News Zika virus infects more than 2100 pregnant Colombian women CBS News BOGOTA, Colombia More than 2,100 pregnant women in Colombia are ...