Another game powered by Dolphin Smalltalk

This is a little more humble thing than GamersGoMakers.

It is a reinventing of the classic Interactive fiction concept.

The package consists of an authoring platform and a presenter(runner).

The fine things are:

Complete consistency control of all parts of the architecture of the game during authoring.
Graphic game structure mapping and state mapping.
A hint system for the author which finds loose ends of all kinds.
Three image projectors and two audio channels.
Immediate test of any change the author does.
A semiautomatic semanticchekking hint system.
Consistency controlled import and export of parts of a game into another game.
Video tutorials, manuals, and construction guidelines.

Off-cause the classic dungeon stories may be implemented. But the authoring platform supports also 'ELISA' types of games, you may contruct vehicles, and a study of the psychology of dogs have been demonstrated too.

So the platform is rather flexible.

The design concept: Whatever an 'explorer' enters of text within the context of the game will give a reasonable respons.

For this forum the not so fine thing is: Everything is in Danish.

Last one.
At present a browser based presenter is in the works using AIDA.

Links:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/PicturesInYourHead/photos/
http://picturesinyourhead.vpweb.dk/

Thanks to the Dolphin dev. platform - 99.9 % bugfree.  :-)
0
Baquii
5/6/2014 11:28:56 AM
comp.lang.smalltalk.dolphin 3769 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

I like this idea.
Where do you hope it will go?
Could you make a MUD out of it?
Can you include simple graphics into the authoring?  like minecraft something?
Can you make some kind of abstract future 3D landscape like a 3D edge graph where the nodes are places and the edges are travel routes?  that can be authored?
Could the scripting language be Smalltalk?

On Tuesday, May 6, 2014 4:28:56 AM UTC-7, Baquii wrote:
> This is a little more humble thing than GamersGoMakers.
>

> It is a reinventing of the classic Interactive fiction concept.
>

> The package consists of an authoring platform and a presenter(runner).
>

> The fine things are:
>

> Complete consistency control of all parts of the architecture of the game during authoring.
>
> Graphic game structure mapping and state mapping.
>
> A hint system for the author which finds loose ends of all kinds.
>
> Three image projectors and two audio channels.
>
> Immediate test of any change the author does.
>
> A semiautomatic semanticchekking hint system.
>
> Consistency controlled import and export of parts of a game into another game.
>
> Video tutorials, manuals, and construction guidelines.
>

> Off-cause the classic dungeon stories may be implemented. But the authoring platform supports also 'ELISA' types of games, you may contruct vehicles, and a study of the psychology of dogs have been demonstrated too.
>

> So the platform is rather flexible.
>

> The design concept: Whatever an 'explorer' enters of text within the context of the game will give a reasonable respons.
>

> For this forum the not so fine thing is: Everything is in Danish.
>

> Last one.
>
> At present a browser based presenter is in the works using AIDA.
>

> Links:
>
> https://www.facebook.com/groups/PicturesInYourHead/photos/
>
> http://picturesinyourhead.vpweb.dk/
>

> Thanks to the Dolphin dev. platform - 99.9 % bugfree.  :-)

0
picoVerse
5/17/2014 5:07:16 PM
can the player get rid of the old north south East west orientation and just use landmarks and room descriptions instead?

what if part of the landscape was in the characters heads?
what if you could navigate through the characters thoughts?  like you navigate through the rooms?

could a large room be created out of a cluster of nodes which could represent things in the room or architectural things like staircases etc?

could there be a sequence of nameless places which are just points on a road or points on some travel from one place to another like in space?

could there be a social aspect to this game where the object is more to create things and then destroy them instead of just destroying them?

could there be a kind of secret language that people use to communicate with each other by building things?  so if player x was mad at you she would build a torture chamber onto your game?

could you allow people to modify other peoples creations?

could there be some kind of rules that would allow a player to modify another players creation if certain things happened?

On Tuesday, May 6, 2014 4:28:56 AM UTC-7, Baquii wrote:
> This is a little more humble thing than GamersGoMakers.
>

> It is a reinventing of the classic Interactive fiction concept.
>

> The package consists of an authoring platform and a presenter(runner).
>

> The fine things are:
>

> Complete consistency control of all parts of the architecture of the game during authoring.
>
> Graphic game structure mapping and state mapping.
>
> A hint system for the author which finds loose ends of all kinds.
>
> Three image projectors and two audio channels.
>
> Immediate test of any change the author does.
>
> A semiautomatic semanticchekking hint system.
>
> Consistency controlled import and export of parts of a game into another game.
>
> Video tutorials, manuals, and construction guidelines.
>

> Off-cause the classic dungeon stories may be implemented. But the authoring platform supports also 'ELISA' types of games, you may contruct vehicles, and a study of the psychology of dogs have been demonstrated too.
>

> So the platform is rather flexible.
>

> The design concept: Whatever an 'explorer' enters of text within the context of the game will give a reasonable respons.
>

> For this forum the not so fine thing is: Everything is in Danish.
>

> Last one.
>
> At present a browser based presenter is in the works using AIDA.
>

> Links:
>
> https://www.facebook.com/groups/PicturesInYourHead/photos/
>
> http://picturesinyourhead.vpweb.dk/
>

> Thanks to the Dolphin dev. platform - 99.9 % bugfree.  :-)

0
picoVerse
5/17/2014 5:34:05 PM
what if people used photos that they take of their house or while travellin=
g to put into the nodes?
and the things in the picture could be nodes in the graph of the room?
which you could then talk about?  pick up?  click on?
could multiple pictures of a room be made one I with all the items and one =
without all the removable items so that players could pick things up and th=
ey would disappear from the photo of that angle of the room?
people could use their house or a friends house or some strangers promising=
 house just going in and taking pictures and then using the pictures to con=
struct node graphs of the rooms in the house and the items in them?=20

could people who are on vacation take photos of their trip and turn those p=
hotos into some kind of mystery by using a mystery writing template in the =
game?  could these mysteries have a connection to people back home to make =
a social aspect?

could the player see the node graphs available and click or command line mo=
ve through them but with the photos in each node graph showing on the graph=
?  could this make it easy to make and navigate large node graphs?

could a node in the graph have multiple node graphs inside of it representi=
ng the room or building layout and other node graphs representing things th=
e characters are thinking?  or linkages between things like memories that i=
nclude several items from different places?

I think that there is life left in the text game if photos and edge graphs =
and edge sequences and social media aspects are included so that the old ga=
me stereo types are completely blown away

has this kind of game been done on Facebook?

how about a Haskell noSQL object database back end and Dolphin fat clients?

if Dolphin could use llvm to run on iOS?

could Dolphin fat clients run on the windows surface?

if dolphin was open source could alternate windowing systems be added for t=
he different OSes by community members?  not write once run anywhere like p=
arcaplace did it or squeak does it but separate different windowing systems=
 that are each tuned to a particular OS.  Like the Dolphin way but with eac=
h OS and not just Winblow me down? which might require rewrites of parts of=
 the app to take advantage of special features on an OS?

the trick would be to try to write common to all the OSes while still takin=
g advantage of special features?

so when you copy Dophin to an OS then the Classes for that OS's graphics et=
c get turned on?  and the others are all turned off?

I would pay $100000 of other peoples money for that capability without thin=
king much about it?

could a dolphin fat client be downloaded on each login to the game like eTr=
ade does in java for their eTrade Pro?

could we make a dolphin style OS targeted smaller competitor to Java?

beats me

but it sounds good

that could really put Dolphin on the map

if there weren't so many Hamlets running around here

woundering

> [...]
>=20
>=20
> For this forum the not so fine thing is: Everything is in Danish.
>=20
>=20
>=20
> Last one.
>=20
> At present a browser based presenter is in the works using AIDA.
>=20
>=20
>=20
> Links:=20
>=20
> https://www.facebook.com/groups/PicturesInYourHead/photos/
>=20
> http://picturesinyourhead.vpweb.dk/
>=20
>=20
>=20
> Thanks to the Dolphin dev. platform - 99.9 % bugfree.  :-)

5/17/2014 6:22:21 PM
what if the node graph in a room could change?

like if a certain character was in the room the node graph could change?

or if some action was taking place in the room or in someone's head the node graph could suddenly change?

what if each thing in a room has a node graph of concepts surrounding it and linking it to other things in the room or elsewhere?

what if you could follow those links at high speed if you get a special power or get killed and become a ghost?

what if people stay ghosts when they die and try to influence the living from there?  or else they have to create a new email account somewhere and create a new account into the game on it?

what if a ghost character can die and become a ghost squared?

and if a ghost squared gets killed it becomes a ghost cubed?  etc?

so what if it was pretty hard to get killed in the game but if you did then you never come back to life but you can try to influence the living?

and if you keep dying you just become a higher and higher level ghost?  with different node graphs for each level of ghost?

ok enough?

On Tuesday, May 6, 2014 4:28:56 AM UTC-7, Baquii wrote:
> This is a little more humble thing than GamersGoMakers.
>

> It is a reinventing of the classic Interactive fiction concept.
>

> The package consists of an authoring platform and a presenter(runner).
>

> The fine things are:
>

> Complete consistency control of all parts of the architecture of the game during authoring.
>
> Graphic game structure mapping and state mapping.
>
> A hint system for the author which finds loose ends of all kinds.
>
> Three image projectors and two audio channels.
>
> Immediate test of any change the author does.
>
> A semiautomatic semanticchekking hint system.
>
> Consistency controlled import and export of parts of a game into another game.
>
> Video tutorials, manuals, and construction guidelines.
>

> Off-cause the classic dungeon stories may be implemented. But the authoring platform supports also 'ELISA' types of games, you may contruct vehicles, and a study of the psychology of dogs have been demonstrated too.
>

> So the platform is rather flexible.
>

> The design concept: Whatever an 'explorer' enters of text within the context of the game will give a reasonable respons.
>

> For this forum the not so fine thing is: Everything is in Danish.
>

> Last one.
>
> At present a browser based presenter is in the works using AIDA.
>

> Links:
>
> https://www.facebook.com/groups/PicturesInYourHead/photos/
>
> http://picturesinyourhead.vpweb.dk/
>

> Thanks to the Dolphin dev. platform - 99.9 % bugfree.  :-)

0
picoVerse
5/17/2014 6:43:19 PM
you could have node displays that link to the nodes closest in distance?

and other node displays that show links to the other items linked by some o=
ther kind of closeness?

like how likely it is that they were not used in a murder?

I think photos with space graphs and concept graphs overlaid onto them coul=
d be an interesting baroque?

what if you overlaid a concept graph over the top of a movie scene?

maybe a popular movie scene like on YouTube?

could it be used for satire?

could it drive new players into the game?

a website with photos and movies on it in the usual way but with concept gr=
aphs overlaid onto them which would lead you into various games that player=
s had written?

which would drive new gaming accounts?  in order that you could also make a=
 game?

if the game a writer wrote was good enough to get traffic could heshe get p=
aid something for that?

could it be done for home movies too?

so the players are making games and getting paid for it which link to a sim=
ple Instagram site that people know what it is but it leads people into som=
ething else which would not be so easy to get them to go to because the con=
cept is not in their brains yet?

what if the players get paid kind of a lot for making games at first?
but then it gets harder and harder to make that kind of money as time goes =
on?=20
and hopefully better and better game makers come on?

could you get a lot of people coming initially by paying some body a kind o=
f a lot so that the news goes viral?
some fools are giving away free money?
could that be maintained long enough to make it go viral?
and then drop the prices fast enough so you don't get killed but slow enoug=
h so they don't notice it too much?

could making new game making capabilities also be part of the game for high=
er level vetted players?  so you would get a GitHub effect?  new graphics a=
nd new OSes being coded up by game players?  as open source?  that they get=
 paid for?  as game players?

don't be stingy?

all of it in Dolphin Smalltalk fat client and Haskell back end?  as part of=
 the game?

once you got an ecosystem of coders going what other things could you direc=
t them at besides just adding on to the game?

make new types of games of making games?

make games that are really not just games but provide general computing ser=
vices?  using plaid players?  like employees?  maybe players could become v=
etted employees? =20
would that make the game seem more attractive?

a text based concept based version of second life?

that could merge with second life?  and make it more compelling?

in Smalltalk and Haskell instead of that crap they are using?

ok enough

> [...]
>=20
>=20
> For this forum the not so fine thing is: Everything is in Danish.
>=20
>=20
>=20
> Last one.
>=20
> At present a browser based presenter is in the works using AIDA.
>=20
>=20
>=20
> Links:=20
>=20
> https://www.facebook.com/groups/PicturesInYourHead/photos/
>=20
> http://picturesinyourhead.vpweb.dk/
>=20
>=20
>=20
> Thanks to the Dolphin dev. platform - 99.9 % bugfree.  :-)

5/17/2014 7:30:50 PM
what if we took the idea to Instagram and the other photo home movie sites and pitched it to them as a way to get more involvement into their sites by integrating our game into their sites in return for them hosting the photos and movies used in the game?

could we eventually get a link up with you tube?

ok

stop

On Tuesday, May 6, 2014 4:28:56 AM UTC-7, Baquii wrote:
> This is a little more humble thing than GamersGoMakers.
>

> It is a reinventing of the classic Interactive fiction concept.
>

> The package consists of an authoring platform and a presenter(runner).
>

> The fine things are:
>

> Complete consistency control of all parts of the architecture of the game during authoring.
>
> Graphic game structure mapping and state mapping.
>
> A hint system for the author which finds loose ends of all kinds.
>
> Three image projectors and two audio channels.
>
> Immediate test of any change the author does.
>
> A semiautomatic semanticchekking hint system.
>
> Consistency controlled import and export of parts of a game into another game.
>
> Video tutorials, manuals, and construction guidelines.
>

> Off-cause the classic dungeon stories may be implemented. But the authoring platform supports also 'ELISA' types of games, you may contruct vehicles, and a study of the psychology of dogs have been demonstrated too.
>

> So the platform is rather flexible.
>

> The design concept: Whatever an 'explorer' enters of text within the context of the game will give a reasonable respons.
>

> For this forum the not so fine thing is: Everything is in Danish.
>

> Last one.
>
> At present a browser based presenter is in the works using AIDA.
>

> Links:
>
> https://www.facebook.com/groups/PicturesInYourHead/photos/
>
> http://picturesinyourhead.vpweb.dk/
>

> Thanks to the Dolphin dev. platform - 99.9 % bugfree.  :-)

0
picoVerse
5/17/2014 7:39:09 PM
Den l=F8rdag den 17. maj 2014 19.07.16 UTC+2 skrev picoVerse:
> I like this idea.
>=20
thanks, My answers are based on the current state of code and architecture
> Where do you hope it will go?
>=20
1 Edutainmaint for both author and reader roles.
Eg. A group of youngsters liking the arts of writing/artwork and sound crea=
ting
could make 'a World' together, which a younger group could explore.=20
2 Pure IF autors and readers.
(But I am not gifted in marketing, so apart from having PicturesInYourHead =
joined in an interactive book competition launched by a Danish Publisher. I=
 have not done much. I am in contact with local groups of fiction writers, =
hope to gain their interest)
> Could you make a MUD out of it?
Everything may be done using enough of time and money. But MUD will challen=
ge the architecture somewhat.
>=20
> Can you include simple graphics into the authoring?  like minecraft somet=
hing?
Only .jpg pictures at present.
>=20
> Can you make some kind of abstract future 3D landscape like a 3D edge gra=
ph where the nodes are places and the edges are travel routes?  that can be=
 authored?
Yes. The nodes are places.'They are scenes', the edges are routes to other =
nodes. A node may up to 60 state controled exits.=20
>=20
> Could the scripting language be Smalltalk?
Yes, in fact you can script in smalltalk. But without knowing the detailed =
architecture you may just blow up the whole thing. (A smalltalk script are =
executed in the context of 'a world' Which is the topmost object. So adress=
ing the thing you want to modify is an issue, and then not changing it in a=
 way which breaks the architecture is another issue)
>=20
>=20
snip
tbc.

0
Baquii
5/19/2014 11:18:00 AM
Den l=F8rdag den 17. maj 2014 19.34.05 UTC+2 skrev picoVerse:
> can the player get rid of the old north south East west orientation and j=
ust >use landmarks and room descriptions instead?

Yes

>=20
>=20
> what if part of the landscape was in the characters heads?
>=20
Any thing, thought, feeling, or part of landscape. Which the player is pres=
ented to. May of the player be used by him as an inspiration to do some act=
ing. But the author must allow such an act. If a part of the landscape is p=
resented as mental picture told to the player by a character. The player ma=
y enter it.
Eg.
PIYH>In the dusty room a strange looking person is sitting up against the w=
all. Hammering his head against its stones.
Player> what is wrong with you?
PIYH>I have a whole town in my head it gives me so much headache, that I ju=
st can't take it.
Player> Let me see--
PIYH>Suddenly the well known world around you is transformed to something l=
ike a medival village - you stand amazed

> what if you could navigate through the characters thoughts?  like you nav=
igate through the rooms?
>=20
This is supported. Without any tricks you may be confronted with 100 differ=
ent moods of a character each with is own thought and feeling contents. the=
 player acting may control, how the moods of the character change.( And as =
a sideeffect the moods of other characters present in the story may also ch=
ange)
>=20
>=20
> could a large room be created out of a cluster of nodes which could repre=
sent things in the room or architectural things like staircases etc?

Yes

>=20
>=20
> could there be a sequence of nameless places which are just points on a r=
oad or points on some travel from one place to another like in space?

Yes, in fact one of the stories authored with PIYH use this to cheat the pl=
ayer into an infinite road, where small hints are given. Eg. 'A green lizza=
rd sits here looking at you' Telling where the player has the possibility t=
o break out of this road loop.
>=20
>=20
>=20
> could there be a social aspect to this game where the object is more to c=
reate things and then destroy them instead of just destroying them?

The authoring system is fully prepared to support creating of objects and t=
ransforming of objects into other. But the arcitecture will not allow you t=
o create an object which the author have not alloved you to create or trans=
form.
(At present the architecture will allow you to change the description of ob=
jects as you want. But there is no coding support for this property)

>=20
>=20
>=20
> could there be a kind of secret language that people use to communicate w=
ith each other by building things?  so if player x was mad at you she would=
 build a torture chamber onto your game?
>=20
This is MUD (mindcraft?), and is not supported.
>=20
>=20
> could you allow people to modify other peoples creations?
This is MUD (mindcraft?), and is not supported.

But in one way it is. A game may be run controlled by the authoring system.=
 And then you can download a game. Run it, change it and upload it again, i=
n its new version with any modifications you have done.
>=20
>=20
>=20
> could there be some kind of rules that would allow a player to modify ano=
ther players creation if certain things happened?
This is MUD (mindcraft?) And it is not directly supported
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20

0
Baquii
5/19/2014 12:25:13 PM
Den l=F8rdag den 17. maj 2014 20.22.21 UTC+2 skrev picoVerse:
> what if people used photos that they take of their house or while travell=
ing to put into the nodes?

Fully supported as .JPG

>=20
> and the things in the picture could be nodes in the graph of the room?
>=20
Fully supported

> which you could then talk about?  pick up?  click on?
>=20
Talk supported. Clicking allowed by architecture, but not supported by code=
..

> could multiple pictures of a room be made one I with all the items and on=
e >without all the removable items so that players could pick things up and=
 they >would disappear from the photo of that angle of the room?
Fully supported. But merging of pictures not supported. So you have to have=
 a lot of pictures to cover every combination of removed things. I think it=
 is practically possible if you have only one or two things to remove/repla=
ce.

>=20
> people could use their house or a friends house or some strangers promisi=
ng >house just going in and taking pictures and then using the pictures to =
>construct node graphs of the rooms in the house and the items in them?=20

Fully supported
>=20
>=20
>=20
> could people who are on vacation take photos of their trip and turn those=
 >photos into some kind of mystery by using a mystery writing template in t=
he >game?  could these mysteries have a connection to people back home to m=
ake a >social aspect?

Fully supported. But I think I would say that a mystery writing template is=
 not supported. That would be an addon to the arcitecture. (maybe I just do=
n't understand you quite here)=20
>=20
>=20
> could the player see the node graphs available and click or command line =
move >through them but with the photos in each node graph showing on the gr=
aph?  >could this make it easy to make and navigate large node graphs?
>=20
This is allowed by the architecture. But displaying of Icons on the node gr=
aph is not supported by coding
>=20
>=20
> could a node in the graph have multiple node graphs inside of it represen=
ting >the room or building layout and other node graphs representing things=
 the >characters are thinking?  or linkages between things like memories th=
at >include several items from different places?

This would require an addon to the architecture. At present it does not sup=
port a hierarchy of node networks. But in a small scale the effects may in,=
 principle at least, be simulated=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
> I think that there is life left in the text game if photos and edge graph=
s >and edge sequences and social media aspects are included so that the old=
 game >stereo types are completely blown away

I agree with you -=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
> has this kind of game been done on Facebook?

I do not know
>=20
>=20
>=20
> how about a Haskell noSQL object database back end and Dolphin fat client=
s?

At present PicturesInYourHead lives perfectly well with flat assci files. I=
 know of OO databases. And they give no added value in this app. But adds c=
omplexity and are not so easy to debug when errors creep in.
>=20
>=20
>=20
> if Dolphin could use llvm to run on iOS?
>=20
Medi 2012 I used http://wineskin.urgesoftware.com/tiki-view_blog.php?blogId=
=3D1
(Inspiration by Object arts) To make PIYH to run on IOS snowleopard. There =
were not many problems, but I concluded that Dolphin/Wineskin was not quite=
 ready for 'primetime'. Is on the wishlist to try again later in 2014)
>=20
>=20
> could Dolphin fat clients run on the windows surface?
>=20
  What do you mean?
>=20
>=20
> if dolphin was open source could alternate windowing systems be added for=
 the >different OSes by community members?  not write once run anywhere lik=
e >parcaplace did it or squeak does it but separate different windowing sys=
tems >that are each tuned to a particular OS.  Like the Dolphin way but wit=
h each OS >and not just Winblow me down? which might require rewrites of pa=
rts of the app.
>to take advantage of special features on an OS?
>=20
Do not know
>=20
> the trick would be to try to write common to all the OSes while still tak=
ing >advantage of special features?
>=20
Could be
>=20
> so when you copy Dophin to an OS then the Classes for that OS's graphics =
etc >get turned on?  and the others are all turned off?
>=20
>=20
>=20
> I would pay $100000 of other peoples money for that capability without >t=
hinking much about it?
>=20
Who would not that ;-)
>=20
> could a dolphin fat client be downloaded on each login to the game like >=
eTrade does in java for their eTrade Pro?
>=20
Yes it could. Now you have to download and install PIYH in the good old way=
..
>=20
> could we make a dolphin style OS targeted smaller competitor to Java?
>=20
Don't know
>=20
> beats me
>=20
>=20
>=20
> but it sounds good
>=20
>=20
>=20
> that could really put Dolphin on the map
>=20
>=20
>=20
> if there weren't so many Hamlets running around here
>=20
>=20
>=20
> woundering
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20

0
Baquii
5/19/2014 1:09:24 PM
Den l=F8rdag den 17. maj 2014 20.43.19 UTC+2 skrev picoVerse:
> what if the node graph in a room could change?
> like if a certain character was in the room the node graph could change?
>=20
Fully supported.
>=20
> or if some action was taking place in the room or in someone's head the n=
ode graph could suddenly change?
>=20
Fully supported
>=20
> what if each thing in a room has a node graph of concepts surrounding it =
and linking it to other things in the room or elsewhere?
>=20
Not supported as node graphs, but things in a room my send messages to each=
 other and to the room and to nodes anywhere in the game world. And then th=
ey may change. (As planned by the author)
>=20
> what if you could follow those links at high speed if you get a special p=
ower or get killed and become a ghost?
>=20
You may be teleported to anywhere from anywhere in a game. (Still as planne=
d by the author)
>=20
> what if people stay ghosts when they die and try to influence the living =
from there?  or else they have to create a new email account somewhere and =
create a new account into the game on it?
>=20
Mud stuff not supported
>=20
> what if a ghost character can die and become a ghost squared?
>=20
Fully supported
>=20
> and if a ghost squared gets killed it becomes a ghost cubed?  etc?
>=20
>fully supported
>=20
> so what if it was pretty hard to get killed in the game but if you did th=
en you never come back to life but you can try to influence the living?=20
>=20
Fully supported, (But no mud - so you have to search in the game world for =
a way to be 'reincarnated' fully)
>=20
> and if you keep dying you just become a higher and higher level ghost?  w=
ith different node graphs for each level of ghost?
>=20
You can as a player enter any state (there are 100) states ready for you. A=
nd each state may have its navigation advances and disadvantages (As prepar=
ed by the author)
>=20
> ok enough?
>=20
> ;-)

0
Baquii
5/19/2014 1:21:32 PM
Den l=F8rdag den 17. maj 2014 21.30.50 UTC+2 skrev picoVerse:
> you could have node displays that link to the nodes closest in distance?
>=20
The author may decide how much of the game nodes should be displayed. But f=
or the player and for himself (as author)
>=20
> and other node displays that show links to the other items linked by some=
 other kind of closeness?
>=20
 Not supported by architecture (Only scenes(rooms)) may be presented by nod=
es and node graphs.
>=20
> like how likely it is that they were not used in a murder?

but things haven participated in some action may show that fact by changing=
 there appearence.
EG.
PIYH> The knife you used to kill the girl is filled with blood stains.
player> wash the knife in the stream.
PIYH> Blood floods down the stream and now the knife is clean. But it start=
s to whisper a fine screaming sound. Although low it sounds like the scream=
 the girl did.
Player> Throw away the knife.
PIYH> The knife lands on the ground - Its screaming is now louder.
Player>leave the terrace
PIYH> you are know in the garden - A screaming knife slowly creeps up behin=
d you
>=20
>=20
> I think photos with space graphs and concept graphs overlaid onto them co=
uld be an interesting baroque?
>=20
Think this would only work in very simple worlds.
>=20
> what if you overlaid a concept graph over the top of a movie scene?
>=20

>=20
> maybe a popular movie scene like on YouTube?
>=20
And then? - controlling the movie?
>=20
> could it be used for satire?
>=20
As any artwork it could be used for satire.
>=20
> could it drive new players into the game?
>=20
maybe
>=20
> a website with photos and movies on it in the usual way but with concept =
graphs overlaid onto them which would lead you into various games that play=
ers had written?
>=20
Yes its an idea.
>=20
> which would drive new gaming accounts?  in order that you could also make=
 a game?
>=20
>=20
> if the game a writer wrote was good enough to get traffic could heshe get=
 paid something for that?
>=20
I think this is an issue. I do not know the answer. PayPal - 2 $ for a game=
 download?
>=20
> could it be done for home movies too?
>=20
At present no architecture support, movies are big unstructured blocks of i=
nfo.
>=20
> so the players are making games and getting paid for it which link to a s=
imple Instagram site that people know what it is but it leads people into s=
omething else which would not be so easy to get them to go to because the c=
oncept is not in their brains yet?
>=20
I can see your idea of awaking peoples interrest
>=20
> what if the players get paid kind of a lot for making games at first?
>=20
> but then it gets harder and harder to make that kind of money as time goe=
s on?=20
>=20
> and hopefully better and better game makers come on?
>=20
Could be
>=20
> could you get a lot of people coming initially by paying some body a kind=
 of a lot so that the news goes viral?
>=20
> some fools are giving away free money?
>=20
> could that be maintained long enough to make it go viral?
>=20
> and then drop the prices fast enough so you don't get killed but slow eno=
ugh so they don't notice it too much?
>=20
Possible, I am not a marketing guy.
>=20
> could making new game making capabilities also be part of the game for hi=
gher level vetted players?  so you would get a GitHub effect?  new graphics=
 and new OSes being coded up by game players?  as open source?  that they g=
et paid for?  as game players?
>=20
>=20
>=20
> don't be stingy?
>=20
>=20
>=20
> all of it in Dolphin Smalltalk fat client and Haskell back end?  as part =
of the game?
>=20
Do not think it will work. There are not much programming experience out th=
ere
which are able to use such facillities.
>=20
> once you got an ecosystem of coders going what other things could you dir=
ect them at besides just adding on to the game?
>=20
>
>=20
> make new types of games of making games?
>=20
>=20
>=20
> make games that are really not just games but provide general computing s=
ervices?  using plaid players?  like employees?  maybe players could become=
 vetted employees? =20
>=20
> would that make the game seem more attractive?
>=20
>=20
>=20
> a text based concept based version of second life?
>=20
>=20
>=20
> that could merge with second life?  and make it more compelling?
>=20
>=20
>=20
> in Smalltalk and Haskell instead of that crap they are using?
>=20
>=20
  Thanks for you comments - So many things are possible- To get them online=
 and working that requires a lot of effort.
Actually I do'nt think the idea is a money machine. But more a 'social mach=
ine'
I think that the social component is the benefit for gamers and authors.
I could be wrong-
0
Baquii
5/19/2014 1:51:47 PM
Den l=F8rdag den 17. maj 2014 21.39.09 UTC+2 skrev picoVerse:
> what if we took the idea to Instagram and the other photo home movie site=
s and pitched it to them as a way to get more involvement into their sites =
by integrating our game into their sites in return for them hosting the pho=
tos and movies used in the game?
>=20
That could be an idea - to get a more vivid presentation of their stuff.
Unfortunately I don't know anything about those photo sites - apart from th=
at they exits.
>=20
> could we eventually get a link up with you tube?
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
> ok
>=20
>=20
>=20
> stop
>=20
>=20
Thankyou very much for all your comments  :-)
>=20

0
Baquii