DNG questions

Hello,

Not to distract the -currently hot- topics' subject further I opened a
new thread (You can add your own questions here if you want).

My question is, if Dolphin 6 Pro will continue to be sold (by Object
Arts) after the release of DNG or if the new customers will only be
able to buy DNG?
comp.lang.smalltalk.dolphin 3769 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

ZuLuuuuuu,

> My question is, if Dolphin 6 Pro will continue to be sold (by Object
> Arts) after the release of DNG or if the new customers will only be
> able to buy DNG?

That really depends on the eventual pricing (and that may not
necessarily be the same as initial pricing) of DNG and the level of
compatibility with existing Dolphin applications. In short, if there is
a market for DPRO then we will continue to sell it.

For example, if the DNG pricing is $200 per seat and it runs 98% of
Dolphin apps without change then there would be little point in
continuing to sell DPRO at $475. However, if DNG adopts more enterprise
pricing, say like VisualAge Smalltalk at $7000 per seat, I would hope
there would still be a market for DPRO at the current price.

As I said in a previous message, Object Arts will be able to sell DNG
when it becomes available. I don't have any problem with adding it as a
high end product above DPRO if it seems logical to do so.

Best regards

Andy Bower
0
Andy