Do-it best with Dolphin Smalltalk

Hi,

For those who like minimalist and/or propagandistic wallpapers, I've
made one about Dolphin :-D.

You can download it from <http://emaringolo.users.dolphinmap.net>.

Regards,

--
Esteban.
0

Esteban A. Maringolo wrote:
> For those who like minimalist and/or propagandistic wallpapers, I've
> made one about Dolphin :-D.
Nice work Esteban! I really liked your minimlist approach. I hope you
don't mind that I "copied" your design and adapted it for a Screensaver.

The screensaver is available here:
http://udos.users.dolphinmap.net/apps/doItBestdolphinScreensaver.html

CU,

Udo
0
Udo
7/27/2006 6:03:40 PM
On Thu, 27 Jul 2006 20:03:40 +0200, Udo Schneider wrote:

> Esteban A. Maringolo wrote:
>> For those who like minimalist and/or propagandistic wallpapers, I've
>> made one about Dolphin :-D.
> Nice work Esteban! I really liked your minimlist approach. I hope you
> don't mind that I "copied" your design and adapted it for a Screensaver.
>
> The screensaver is available here:
> http://udos.users.dolphinmap.net/apps/doItBestdolphinScreensaver.html
>
> CU,
>
> Udo

Kudos to both of you, the image is fabulous and the screensaver will
be made default on all of my PCs.

Now I need to buy a new laptop elegant enough for the wallpaper :-)

Thanks,
s.
0
Stefan
7/27/2006 7:17:33 PM
Stefan Schmiedl wrote:
> Kudos to both of you, the image is fabulous and the screensaver will
> be made default on all of my PCs.
Thanks for the flowers :-)

BTW: Before I get more private questions on this. Yes, the screensaver
is written in Dolphin Smalltalk and yes I will make the framework
available as a goody. This basically means that /every/ View can be
turned into a screensaver with very less effort (you have to define a
name and a configuration dialog). Please note that this does not require
  any changes to the View itself!

CU,

Udo
0
Udo
7/27/2006 7:31:51 PM
Hi Stefan,

I just downloaded your Screensaver. I like it very much and it will
become the default on my machines.

But did you ever test it on double monitor systems. Because only the
first screen shows the saver the second is still alive. I tested this on
2 different double monitor systems. We use GForce4 Ti4200 and GX 5600
Graphic Adapters

Thanks to Esteban and you
cjb
0
Christoph
7/28/2006 9:17:13 AM
Hi Udo,

I just downloaded your Screensaver. I like it very much and it will
become the default on my machines.

But did you ever test it on double monitor systems. Because only the
first screen shows the saver the second is still alive. I tested this on
2 different double monitor systems. We use GForce4 Ti4200 and GX 5600
Graphic Adapters

Sorry second try it becomes realy to hot.

Thanks to Esteban and you
cjb
0
Christoph
7/28/2006 9:19:39 AM
Christoph J. Bachinger schrieb:
> Hi Stefan,

UUps
0
Christoph
7/28/2006 9:20:17 AM
Christoph J. Bachinger wrote:
> But did you ever test it on double monitor systems. Because only the
> first screen shows the saver the second is still alive. I tested this on
> 2 different double monitor systems. We use GForce4 Ti4200 and GX 5600
> Graphic Adapters
I did test it indeed ... and it didn't work :-)

As far as I browsed through the /default/ class library there is no way
to enumerate monitors and/or get the extent of the displays. Currently I
just have the Screensaver cover the DesktopView. This defaults to the
primary display. If anyone knows a solution for that I'd be happy to know.

In addition there is allways the question what to do if you have
multiple monitors. Do you use one instance of the saver which spans over
the complete display(s) areas or do you start an independent instance
per display ...

CU,

Udo
0
Udo
7/28/2006 11:02:20 AM
Udo Schneider wrote:
> As far as I browsed through the /default/ class library there is no way
> to enumerate monitors and/or get the extent of the displays. Currently I
> just have the Screensaver cover the DesktopView. This defaults to the
> primary display. If anyone knows a solution for that I'd be happy to know.
Forget part of that. The following code snippet came to the rescue ;-) :
SystemMetrics current virtualScreenExtent

CU,

Udo
0
Udo
7/28/2006 11:21:25 AM
Christoph J. Bachinger wrote:
> I just downloaded your Screensaver. I like it very much and it will
> become the default on my machines.
I just uploaded a new version which supports multiple monitors as one
huge virtual display.

In addition I reactivated two features which where commented out:
  - Hide Cursor during Screensaver
  - End Screensaver on Key

Regards,

Udo

0
Udo
7/28/2006 11:38:37 AM
Hi Udo,

now it works fine on both machines.

Thanks
cjb
0
Christoph

Dolphin Smalltalk v. Smalltalk MT
Forum, We have pretty much settled on Dolphin as the Smalltalk implementation of choice (the decision finally came down to Dolphin or MT). But MT does have a couple of features that are useful and productive, and I was would like to know if perhaps the functionality already exists in Dolphin, but maybe not so straightforward. 1. Concerning the embedding of an ActiveX component in a view, MT offers a simple way to execute the primary verb of a control. I can't seem to find that funtionality in Dolphin. I would like to use Codejock's ActiveX-based UI controls: The Command...

Why Smalltalk? Why Dolphin?
Is there a document or video which addresses the questions above? Seems to me I saw something on youtube regarding the first, showing how you can inspect EVERYTHING as it runs. TIA, Steve Den tirsdag den 21. april 2015 kl. 18.29.30 UTC+2 skrev Steve Graham: > Is there a document or video which addresses the questions above? Seems > to me I saw something on youtube regarding the first, showing how you > can inspect EVERYTHING as it runs. > > TIA, Steve https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koOsS-vD-XA There are several other wideos on ObjectArts site ...

( picoVerse-:( Dolphin Smalltalk is still the best in a lot of ways ) )
What other language or what other Smalltalk for that matter allows you to e= dit all of the programming tools in the GUI painter tool? And you can use = these View fragments in your own Windows too if you want? I haven't seen any. You can easily modify any of the Dolphin development tools by opening the V= iewComposer on them. I ask you. What other IDE allows you to do that? I am still and often amazed at the fine piece of work that is Dolphin Small= talk. Everything in it was done right. The only thing wrong with it maybe is that they ran out of steam at some po= ...

( picoVerse-:( What is the best way to publish Open Source for Dolphin Smalltalk? ) )
What is the best way to publish Open Source for Dolphin Smalltalk? Is it SourceForge? GitHub? GoogleCode? VisualWorks Store? Which one? Something else? http://www.object-arts.com? Should I keep fussing on the Packages until they are up to my fussy standards? Trying to make a good first impression I guess. Or should I just publish what I have. It's a Generator library that includes finite state machines and stack machines and parser combinators and God knows what all else is in there. Some of it is experimental and doesn't work. The core works fine and has don...

Dolphin Smalltalkers in Germany?
Hi, are there any Dolphiners in Germany? G�nther G�nther Schmidt wrote: > are there any Dolphiners in Germany? Ja, hier :-) CU, Udo Udo Schneider schrieb: > G�nther Schmidt wrote: > >> are there any Dolphiners in Germany? > > Ja, hier :-) > > CU, > > Udo > and here. but I'm a newbie. karl G�nther Schmidt wrote: > Hi, > > are there any Dolphiners in Germany? > > G�nther Yes, over here (Hamburg). Regards, Florian Yes there are ;-) My merge from Digitalk Smalltalk to Dolphin remembers ...

RoboCode in Dolphin Smalltalk?
Hi, does anybody here have to the intention to initialize a Smalltalk RoboCode project? G�nther Guenther Schmidt schrieb: > Hi, > > does anybody here have to the intention to initialize a Smalltalk > RoboCode project? > > G�nther Hello G�nther, sounds interesting. Do you want to create a RoboCode-Clone or something which is similar to RoboCode? cu, Yogi Marc Michael wrote: > Guenther Schmidt schrieb: > >> Hi, >> >> does anybody here have to the intention to initialize a Smalltalk >> RoboCode project? >&...

Dolphin Smalltalk News
Folks, Object Arts are pleased to announce that over the last few months we have entered into a partnership with Lesser Software (www.lesser-software.com) with the aim of creating the Next Generation of Dolphin Smalltalk. This new version of Dolphin will be targetted towards professional software developers and will leverage the experience that Lesser Software have built up over a number of years in high performance Smalltalk virtual machines and development tools. Lesser Software's current product set includes LSW Vision Smalltalk, whose virtual machine retains full by...

Dolphin Smalltalk on Linux...
Think there will ever be a Dolphin Smalltalk on Linux? In particular, on 64-bit Linux? ...

Charting Component for Dolphin Smalltalk
All, I was searching for an (affordable) Charting Component for Dolphin. Having found nothing I started to wrap OpenFlashChart (Flash based) for Dolphin (which provided an Flash/ActionScript<->Dolphin script as a side effect :-) ). Reason for this was that I already had most of the wrapper stuff in place due to the Seaside wrapper. I had a few Problems with OFC in general so I tend to use a simlar approach to wrap FusionCharts(free). Now my question: Is there anybody using/needing charting components for Dolphin Smalltalk? If yes - what are the must haves, nice to have...

a game powered by Dolphin Smalltalk
Hi everyone, I would like to introduce to you: GamersGoMakers A business simulation game powered by Dolphin Smalltalk :) www.gamersgomakers.com also on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/gamersgomakers Best Gnif Hi, Very cool... very nice windows system !!! do you did it by yourself or it is a library wrapper ? Regards, Bruno thank you :) I=B4m just using the Gdiplus package. 100% Smalltalk Greetings Gnif Am Montag, 5. Mai 2014 15:17:33 UTC+2 schrieb bruno.b...@gmail.com: > Hi, >=20 >=20 >=20 > Very cool... >=20 >=20 >...

Example from Dolphin Smalltalk Companion
I recently got the book the Dolphin Smalltalk Companion to try to learn MVP programming. I happen to be using the Dolphin D6 rather than the earlier version 4 Value edition, though the code still seems to work---or so I thought. On the accompanying CD-rom is the source code for the examples in the book. I loaded in the Chapter 4 example which builds dialog boxes for the Team and the Driver: RacingActor Team TeamDialogPresenter Driver DriverDialogPresenter The simple Team dialog box loads and runs without any problems. I was also able to get the Driver e...

the dolphin smalltalk companion code
Hi, I got a second hand copy of "The Dolphin Smalltalk Companion". Unfortunatley without the companion CD. Can someone help me with acquiring the code of that cd? Thanks in advance, Has. > I got a second hand copy of "The Dolphin Smalltalk Companion". > Unfortunatley without the companion CD. > Can someone help me with acquiring the code of that cd? I should be able to help, I'll have a look around at home tonight On Wed, 23 Mar 2011 16:53:08 -0700 (PDT), Malbs <smalloy@gmail.com> wrote: >I should be able to help, I'll h...

Icons for Dolphin Smalltalk Applications
Hi, I'm always searching for Icons which do match Dolphin's "Theme". I'm willing to pay for good quality stock icons (and already did for some bad looking ones :-( ) but recently recently found a very good match here which is "free": http://nuovext.pwsp.net/ This icon set is a very good match for Dolphin and I use them in some of my apps with very good feedback so far. An example screen shot can be found here: http://udos.users.dolphinmap.net/_Media/HpiConverter_0.048beta.jpg http://udos.users.dolphinmap.net/apps/hpi_converter.html CU, U...

Re: GemBuilder for Dolphin Smalltalk
It looks very cool; thank you for making it available. The website says to send an email if you want to try it out; who should we send it to, you ? /********************************************************/ Sorry for the late answer. Yes, send an email to me, specifying: - Name. - Company. - Purpose. - And your GemStone version (5.1 or 6.1). Both are beta version, but we are going to do more extensive test to GemBuilder for GS 6.1. Regards Bruno ...

Web resources about - Do-it best with Dolphin Smalltalk - comp.lang.smalltalk.dolphin

Cincom Smalltalk - Software Product Development, Application Development Tools
Cincom Smalltalk – Our application development tools cut all complexities surrounding software product development thus accelerating your potential ...

On Smalltalk
I'll assume you've already installed Apache and now want to install Gemstone behind it as a Seaside server. Let's install a few things that we're ...

Smalltalk.org&#153 -   main
The first place to link to for Smalltalk related resources. 'The best way to predict the future is to invent it' - Alan Kay.

Smalltalk - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Smalltalk-80: The Language and its Implementation , a.k.a. the "Blue book", a seminal book on the language Smalltalk is an object-oriented , ...

GNU Smalltalk - The Smalltalk for those who can type
GNU Smalltalk is a free implementation of the Smalltalk-80 language. It runs on most POSIX compatible operating systems (including GNU/Linux, ...

SmallTalk Aphasia - Male on the App Store on iTunes
Get SmallTalk Aphasia - Male on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Flickr: "smalltalk"

Extreme Startup, Smalltalk and Server Login Considered Harmful at XP Days Benelux
What do Extreme Startup, Smalltalk and Server Login Considered Harmful have in common? I’ve made some slides to promote sessions about them at ...

Dan Ingalls on the History of Smalltalk and the Lively Kernel
Dan Ingalls explains the ideas that went into Smalltalk, how it was developed at Xerox PARC, the ideas that went into Squeak, and his latest ...